Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,892 members, 7,798,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? (11805 Views)

Davido Meets The Fan Who Tattooed His Face On His Body (Photo) / No 2nd Term For President Jonathan Says Lagbaja / Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by maborukoje(f): 2:19pm On Aug 02, 2010
i wonda when we naija will see lagbaja face,i would mayb ve not meet him before cos no 1 have seen his face before,or ve u?? cry embarassed
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by snowdrops(m): 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2010
very good question. it is high time he gets rid of that ridiculous mask and reveal himself. or is he that ugly he fears his face would induce seizures in children
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Acidosis(m): 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2010
^^lol
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Dolemite(f): 10:46pm On Aug 02, 2010
snowdrops:

very good question. it is high time he gets rid of that ridiculous mask and reveal himself. or is he that ugly he fears his face would induce seizures in children
His mask is a symbol of the facelessness of Nigerians, it's common for musicians to carry a symbol with them like Flava Flav and his clock. . .
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by snowdrops(m): 7:03am On Aug 03, 2010
Dolemite:

His mask is a symbol of the facelessness of Nigerians, it's common for musicians to carry a symbol with them like Flava Flav and his clock. . .
Maybe, but putting on the mask every and anywhere should be dropped. Its turning into a tasteless stunt.
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by philip0906(m): 7:49am On Aug 03, 2010
He prolly wants 2 win a national merit award undecided
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by clemcykul(f): 9:48am On Aug 03, 2010
the mystery of his face makes his music sell
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Bestglo(f): 10:44am On Aug 03, 2010
I learnt Lagbaja is an handsome man with Ogbomoso kind of facial mark!

Pls dont ask for link o grin, i dont have any, i only heard it from somebody
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by snowdrops(m): 10:53am On Aug 03, 2010
Bestglo:

I learnt Lagbaja is an handsome man with Ogbomoso kind of facial mark!

Pls dont ask for link o grin, i dont have any, i only heard it from somebody
That was going to be my next question tongue
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Carlosein(m): 11:42am On Aug 03, 2010
@post
prolly never undecided
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Bestglo(f): 11:48am On Aug 03, 2010
lol @ snowdrops tongue i know what u guys can do
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by matoyeh(m): 11:49am On Aug 03, 2010
He would reveal his face 2moro or on Monday?
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by bisiaet: 11:49am On Aug 03, 2010
This is a very question. Despite the fact I'm one of his fan sometime I felt he is just trying to be unique or just want to go his own way and sometime I do ask myself why is he hidding his face, anything wrong in there? Well left to him to do as he want may be one day he might decide to show up who really he is. I just wish goodluck
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by SHEAU(m): 11:54am On Aug 03, 2010
[b]LAgbAJA IS AN INSTRUMENTALIST to one of these gospel musician but pple cant know
hence is the reason for masking wen biz isn't moving so to diversify

mind u d proof is even faceless>>> so make una no ask me for source.[b]
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Olaolufred(m): 11:54am On Aug 03, 2010
@ Poster,

[b]It is the day Lakasegbe stops hunting him.

Solution: Go and look for Lakasegbe
              Lure him to stop hunting Lagbaja.
              Then Lagbaja will be free from all these masquerading.

Hope you take this simple and precise advice.[/b]
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by nigerhead(m): 11:57am On Aug 03, 2010
thats kind of the essence of his music personality, he does not want his person to interfere with his message , it comes down to understanding what "Lagbaja" means: he could be you , me  or anybody it doesn't matter; so long as he speaks the mind of the people , and to him it is not an "act" that's why I think he has been able to carry on this far with the mask on , I saw an interview of him like two years ago and I kinda understood why he continues to wear the mask.

1 Like

Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by BabaOnileK: 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2010
What's all this noise over his face? he has chosen his own identity and it serves him well.

Good for his family too, the guy could still park to buy boli and groundnut and the whole world will not know on Twitter.

[center]What's the difference in the hip hop starz that wear dark glasses (some darker than Ray Parker Charles's) even indoors or studio shoots?[/center]

Besides if you want to see his face, there are at least two pictures of him unmasked on the web. I came across this from a note someone posted on FB. I just went back to it and got this as one reason why he decided anonymity was it.
About five years ago, Nigerian popular reggae musician, Ras Kimono was hit by a strange illness and had to be taken to a hospital for medical attention. While Kimono (as he is fondly called by his fans and friends) was in hospital, one unforgettable event happened that makes many reel in laugher each time the story is told.
Kimono’s illness, as expected, attracted scores of other musicians who came to sympathise at his bedside. According to the gist, the nurses on duty constantly allowed these musicians into the ward to see Kimono. One day, however, a strange man who called himself Bisade Ologunde came to the hospital to see his sick friend, Kimono.
“Sorry sir, you can’t see him”, said one of the nurses.
“But he is expecting me,” said Ologunde, even as the nurses gave him cold shoulder.
Right in his presence, another popular musician came and totally ignored him (Ologunde), asked after Kimono and in no time, was ushered into Kimono ward. Nothing Ologunde did or said could make the nurses budge. Defeated, he gave up and went back home. Two hours later, he came back, but this time, not as the rejected Bisade Ologunde. Lo and behold, he had on a "trademark" mask and costume and he turned out to be the artiste popularly known as Lagbaja, the masked one.
Quickly, even before he could finish asking to see Kimono, the nurses, now grinning from ear to ear, practically led Lagbaja to the ward, just as a crowd formed, not only inside the hospital to see this popular music icon, but also outside the hospital.
When Lagbaja narrated this experience to The Source a few years later, he couldn’t stop laughing, admitting in the process that his decision to wear masks which is his identity in the music industry, has in a very big way, helped to protect his private life.
“That experience proved to me that I made the right decision to go about in the mask. Whenever I walk among people without the mask – which in a way has become my identity no one knows who I am, and I simply love it that way. To me, Bisade is an entirely different person from Lagbaja.”, he said.

http://www.thesourceng.com/crazyidentitysept17.htm

1 Like

Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by BabaOnileK: 12:13pm On Aug 03, 2010
This picture of his is on the web and shows he's a fine man
[img]http://www.nigeria-arts.net/Music/Afrobeat/Lagbaja/[/img] but if it does not open, check this link http://www.nigeria-arts.net/Music/Afrobeat/Lagbaja/

To aid your search you might ask those who attend GCI (Government College Ibadan) Old Boys'meetings, I heard he regularly attends. But let's leave his privacy to his family, friends and himself.

Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Acidosis(m): 12:15pm On Aug 03, 2010
^^ u get time o, lagbaja does not deserve this article. He lives is life the way he wants
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by kaiosama(m): 12:34pm On Aug 03, 2010
@Moburukoje
keep wondering, until when he die shall u see it. Because that time he will be unmasked, whether he like it or not.
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by blacksta(m): 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2010
Amebos - Shakes head

Unmasked ko - costume ni

Abeg dont worry about what is under - if the music is not good enough - Enter bush. grin
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by mexxyaaron(m): 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2010
i have seen him b4 and i will say it here authoritatively that he is a handsome guy,far from what u guys think.its is a symbol of the common/faceless man on the street that nobody knows about.so pls dont hate him o,
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by snowdrops(m): 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2010
mexxyaaron:

i have seen him b4 and i will say it here authoritatively that he is a handsome guy,far from what u guys think.its is a symbol of the common/faceless man on the street that nobody knows about.so pls dont hate him o,
are you judging his looks against someone like OBJ or Taye Taiwo?

I dont see how his mask would genuinely transform the fortunes of the so called faceless man on the streets. The mask has helped boost Mr Lagbaja`s popularity more than any strenghtening the course of the ordinary man.
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by mexxyaaron(m): 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2010
are you judging his looks against someone like OBJ or Taye Taiwo?

@snowdrops
he is well head and shoulder above those two oo.no basics of comparism at all.

well as regarding to him showing his face to the public,i think he kinda love his private life to be kept private from the public eye.the first day i saw him in surulere i never knew he was the one even while i was speaking with him until my cousin introduced him properly to me.but i assure u that most musicaian in naija have seen his face and u might have even seen him without even knowing he was the one.
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by snowdrops(m): 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ mexxyaaron

Nice one. I love his music though especially the the album with gra gra, nothing for you, etc
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by mexxyaaron(m): 1:48pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ snowdrops

u are welcome,i can see u are a gunner fan.what new measures are u guyd planning inorder to win the premiership this season,its been quite long u won the league.
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Tonyet1(m): 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2010
kai-osama!:

keep wondering, until when he die shall u see it. Because that time he will be unmasked, whether he like it or not.

Did you say until when he dies?, i heard he'll be buried with the mask on. what a stale stunt.  grin grin grin
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by snowdrops(m): 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2010
mexxyaaron:

@ snowdrops

u are welcome,i can see u are a gunner fan.what new measures are u guyd planning in order to win the premiership this season,its been quite long u won the league.
Sincerely i doubt they would win any trophy this season. Infact they will not win any championship until Arsene Wenger is fired. He refuses to spend money on quality players. Youth is good for sprinting not marathon, and that is what championships are all about. They would play beautiful football quite alright but when it comes to critical matches that's when they would again falter
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by dipo2much(m): 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2010
You really wanna see his face? Have you tried his FACEbook, grin
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by snowdrops(m): 2:47pm On Aug 03, 2010
dipo2much:

You really wanna see his face? Have you tried his FACEbook, grin
No. Some one like him would rather be on BODYbook.
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Ranoscky(m): 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2010
@op, wetin concern u? undecided

*Dis is what i call amebo.*
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 03, 2010
i have an idea of how he luks even though its just based on probability n d fact dat i've sin his eyes n lips on pictures around,n i zoomed it tuk a good indepth look at his eyes,which brot me 2 d conclusion dat his got a bulging eyes n pink lips so i can just guess how his nose willl b like.as 4 tribal marks on his cheek,i dont know anytin bout dat.den his real name is BISADE OLOGUNDE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Turns Prayer Warrior, Sends End Of The Year Prayer To Everyone / Clinton Joshua Biography; The Hidden Story Behind His Career, Age & Movies / Not Getting Government Seat Shouldn't Stop One From Community Service - Banky W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.