Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,368 members, 7,781,003 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:20 AM

Can You Describe Your Job? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Describe Your Job? (38907 Views)

9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job / 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" / 11 Signs That You Should Leave Your Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by cblow(m): 10:54pm On Jul 17, 2008
I am a Controls and Automation Engineer with one of the biggest players in the Oil and Gas industry globally. I love my job as it gives me huge opportunities to interact with top quartile performers the world over.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by alex406(m): 11:46pm On Jul 17, 2008
I am the Doctor in charge of Nairaland sicklers. grin
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by reindeer: 11:59pm On Jul 17, 2008
my job,
GORY!!!
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by arogbowei: 12:15am On Jul 18, 2008
Oh Dear, what a question. I'm my own man. Presently I am working (partnership) with a foreign NGO to get foothold in Nigeria. Our objective is to assist to reintegrate Nigerian returnees/illegal migrants from Europe/USA. Very soon we'll be taking our case/awareness campaign to Nairaland. So please watch out for us.

I also hold a franchise from one of the leading manufacturers of chemical/laboratory consumables in Europe. I do a little bit of Real Estate, online biz. Jack of all you could conclude. I do a lot of public speaking all to make ends meet.

No doubt i enjoy what i do, i feel fulfilled, won't trade it for anything.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by skyone(m): 2:22am On Jul 18, 2008
simple check my profile,

Nationwide Bank, Moorgate London E1
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Pauldavid: 2:55am On Jul 18, 2008
b]HELLO NAIRALANDERS,[/b] smiley smiley smiley wink wink wink

GET INFORMATION FROM AN UPCOMING TRAINING EVENT IN LAGOS STATE FROM MEYER SOUNDS USA.
FOR SOUND AND STUDIO ENGINEERS WHO WANT TO BE RELEVANT WITH THE LATEST SOUND / STUDIO ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIES

GIVE YOUR CAREER AN EDGE IN THE NIGERIAN ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY MARKET PLACE ABOVE YOUR COMPETITORS, SIGN A PARTNERSHIP DEAL FOR PROCUREMENT AND OTHER YUMMY BENEFITS.

DATE IS AUGUST 4TH - 15TH, 2008.

FOR MORE DETAILED INFO CONTACT VIA SMS OR CALL PAUL ON 08027210536 OR E MAIL brandbypaul@yahoo.com

REGISTRATION IS ON ! ! !
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by holyaustin(m): 5:10am On Jul 18, 2008
i am a website designer. i do site design and hosting, search engine optiimsation (SEO), IT project writing for student with programming tips ,  you can know more on http://www.holyaustin.com my website
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by canladyluv: 8:23am On Jul 18, 2008
i am a Secretary in an organization for now, am still a student anyway, my ambition is to become a chartered Accountant by God's grace
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by vaiza(f): 9:31am On Jul 18, 2008
@ D-reloaded

I'm an Architect, I want masters in Environmetal Science, what area r you studying. I'm planning to go to oil n gas. T.k.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Udode(f): 9:54am On Jul 18, 2008
Working for the Worlds biggest Tax and Finance company in the banking sector :-)
very boring indeed tongue
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Sagamite(m): 11:03am On Jul 18, 2008
Udode:

Working for the Worlds biggest Tax and Finance company in the banking sector :-)
very boring indeed tongue

Udode, what is the name of the firm?

If you are based in Zurich, it might actually not be the job that is boring you, it might be the city.

Me and my friends had a stop-over in Zurich once, the drab and dry vibes we got around the city made us label it as the least desirable city to reside in. grin

Where we wrong? The energy in that city was just dead for us. undecided
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by soulamanne(m): 11:13am On Jul 18, 2008
am fresh from school so this job is s pre nysc thing but the pay is gud thou my main aim is 1st job exprnce.am still new on it so am just gettin to know my role with time.the firm is an ICT solutions/consultin/trainin one.my first main duty was a marketin one but i ll be doin a co.ord job too with time.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by BangBang2(m): 11:14am On Jul 18, 2008
rob banks, break into cashpoints and push yayo's!!

very lucrative but assessing the risks, it is on the highside!!!
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Udode(f): 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2008
@sagamite

Yes i am workin in zürich, but i love the town. I think you have been here with the wrong people, there is sooo much going on, you just need to know the places :-)

BUT im sure its different from nigeria :-) yet still, you should come back and have a second look at it! its worth the while? may i ask what you did here, and how long your stay was?
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by oluomok(m): 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2008
I am a consultant in a life orgaisational Skills.
it all about self/ career develpment, managment traning and lot more
see the attachment for,
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by obitobe: 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2008
i am an engineer, working for inkjet coding company.the work is okay but the pay is not it,But i thank.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by chelsea4su(f): 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2008
i deal in inkjet refill pack , namely UNIQUE INK the best product for your printer solution , we still need agent nation wide please contact through my mail chelsea4sure@yahoo.com
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Sagamite(m): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2008
Udode:

@sagamite

Yes i am workin in zürich, but i love the town. I think you have been here with the wrong people, there is sooo much going on, you just need to know the places :-)

BUT im sure its different from nigeria :-) yet still, you should come back and have a second look at it! its worth the while? may i ask what you did here, and how long your stay was?

Hi,

I actually lived in London not Nigeria. We were going from London to Czech Republic and had a 3 hour stopover for connecting flights in Zurich so we just went into the town.

The vibe was just on the low side in the town, like if everyone that lives their is married with 4 kids and only stays at home or go to restaurants with immediate family and friends. The people and the town looked too nerdy/conventional/private/taciturn etc in what was a summer season. embarassed

It is not the same vibe I got when I stopped over in Houston or Amsterdam.

The most shocking thing was that 2 friends joined us a day after and mentioned the same concern without prior instigation. And we all laughed in concurment when we were listing the same observations. grin

But all the same, I admit it was all just a feel rather than full experience. wink
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Udode(f): 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2008
What 3 hours, you must be kidding, what did you expect, they all stand in line and wait for you to come to zürich, show you around and make a big party, come on! next time you should come for a little longer, go to club and see all the multicultural parts of zürich (longstreet is the most famous one!

The right people to show you around :-) how about someone who lives in zürich and who knows everything about it (im not talking about a trouist guide tongue

You need to open up your mind, it is not for no reason that zurich has been voted for several years now the greatest place to live, but i guess you just have to come back to realize that wink
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by amuzi100: 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2008
i dont like my job.its just that i must be productive.my job is essentially marketing.anyway sha,it pays my bills thats why am still hanging on to it.hope to move to something more fulfilling.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by amuzi100: 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2008
i dont like my job.its just that  i must be productive.my job is essentially marketing.anyway sha,it pays my bills thats why am still hanging on to it.hope to move to something more fulfilling very very soon
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by debomb: 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2008
Have always been curious in learning what am doing right now. and now trying the keys for more opportunities in finance.

I currently work in a property firm and hope to learn more in real estate and finance both as an analyst and and adviser, Working towards that with prof exams, not easy coming entirely from a science background, but i know i will get there God's willing.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by quadrillio(m): 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2008
I am a Web Developer for a state Government

I love the job cos it gives room for learning more thing, going to school and you have privilege for special training

and you meet poeple that matter in Naija one-on-one.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Builder: 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2008
My Job. Impregnating babes, selling diluted dopes, yahoo yahoo, transfer, breaking banks, 418 and shych , if u need more info or looking to work as ma apprentice u can contact me on windsor@diplomats.com
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Udode(f): 3:30pm On Jul 18, 2008
Oh really, you are just trying to be nice ("we find you a place in the entourage = directly speaking that means = i fired my servant and i need a new one so if you happen to come to london dont think that i will ever let you go again"wink right,

damned i am sooo smart grin

R u on facebook?
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Udode(f): 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2008
4 the german, (never mind that) of course i would translate for your majesty! It would be an honour.

anyway im done working (at this boooooring company) thank God it is friday, now i will go and make sure that Zürich rocks, party im coming :-)

too bad ur not here!

njoy your weekend aiiiggght wink
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Urchie(f): 4:06pm On Jul 18, 2008
Lovely one

Just finished my NYSC in Feb and secured a job with Oceanic bank in May. Hav not started though as my batch is yet to be posted to their various branches

At the moment im managing a personal business in town
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by bigrovar(m): 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2008
am a linux system administrator , i install and customise GNU/Linux systems for educational use , i work in some private university in Abuja ,
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by skillmyman(m): 4:51pm On Jul 18, 2008
hmmmm, graduate of computer science, once worked as lead, process quality in a financial institution but now, i design products for the same institution.

Sort of a career change and i love it passionately!!!
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by cold(m): 5:08pm On Jul 18, 2008
I am a programme officer with a leading N.G.O in the country.We are involved in Peacebuilding/Conflict Resolution,HIV/AIDS,Skill aquisition etc.The job is quite strenous-pushes you to the limit,that's y i'm happy for the study leave i have just being granted to pursue a course in the UK.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Gamine(f): 10:53pm On Jul 18, 2008
iDesign therefore iAm and iJob
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 19, 2008
I work as a male stripper lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians In Diaspora Support Mechanic Blessing, Abuja Female Mechanic (Pics) / Hilarious Chat Between A Boss And His Employee(snapshot) / Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.