Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Where Are The Regulars? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Are The Regulars? (750 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Regulars? by mazaje(m): 7:59am On Aug 03, 2010
Where are all the peeps that used to make this section very interesting and exciting? Where is Noetic, Viaro, Toneyb, Davidylan, Jesoul, Krayola, Wirinet, Mad Max, M_nwanko, Chrisbenogor, Kag, Huxley, Jagunlabi, Bomowolo, KunleOshob and Lady? This section can never be the same without these names and their great contributions. This section is dying by the day. . . . There are still some peeps here though, but the section is no longer as interesting as it used to be, the section is now a shadow of its former self. . . . .For those of you that have decided to stop posting here and moved on, I wish you guys all the best, and for others that are still around but just don't feel like contributing for one reason or the other, Pls find time to chip in when ever you can, your very interesting thoughts and opinions are truly missed. . . . . . . .
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by Odunnu: 8:55am On Aug 03, 2010
I miss them too,esp Viaro. That guy is a mobile bible! I'm sure i'l b as giftd as he is whn I grow up
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:01am On Aug 03, 2010
Yeah!! Chrisbenogor!! Really cool dude with mad contributions.

I wonder where his at!!

Mazaje, I see you too!! You are also one hell of poster in this section.

I hope this thread returns to its former glory when posts had more intellectual reasoning behind them rather than just blind baseless arguements.

I'm still around and would keep looking out for interesting threads here. O and Davidylan, although I must say I dislike his incessant urge to throw in insults with hs rather good posts.
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by mazaje(m): 10:02am On Aug 03, 2010
Okija_juju:

Yeah!! Chrisbenogor!! Really cool dude with mad contributions.

I wonder where his at!!

Mazaje, I see you too!! You are also one hell of poster in this section.

I hope this thread returns to its former glory when posts had more intellectual reasoning behind them rather than just blind baseless arguements.

I'm still around and would keep looking out for interesting threads here. O and Davidylan, although I must say I dislike his incessant urge to throw in insults with hs rather good posts.

I used to be your fan way back in the days when you used to contribute more. You suddenly decided to stop contributing until recently when I started seeing few of your post again , what happened?. . . . .I really miss Chrisbenogor and my man Noetic. . . .
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by Rhino3dm: 10:04am On Aug 03, 2010
" When the centre can no longer hold things fall apart"  C. Achebe.
It is not better for them to chennel thier energy else where than keep on posting and quoting from a creepy-whacky   fictious myth called 'Bible'.
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by mazaje(m): 10:12am On Aug 03, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

It is not better for them to chennel thier energy else where than keep on posting and quoting from a creepy-whacky   fictious myth called 'Bible'.  

You haven't been hear long enough, cos if you have, you will know that even though some of them believe in the bible and are very dogmatic, they don't just post from it alone, they also have their own contributions outside the bible that I feel are worth reading and educating. . . . . .
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by manmustwac(m): 10:47am On Aug 03, 2010
JeSoul is on holiday and won't be back till the Aug 10
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by PastorAIO: 11:06am On Aug 03, 2010
manmustwac:

JeSoul is on holiday and won't be back till the Aug 10

ehhen, I was wondering. A whole moderator can't just disappear like that. That girl is an institution of Nairaland in her own right.

Rhino.3dm:

Actually William butler Yeats.

TURNING and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by Rhino3dm: 11:34am On Aug 03, 2010
^^^ Aloora Mazaje!
Non capito e inizio.
Grazie.
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by MyJoe: 12:34pm On Aug 03, 2010
Davidylan: Preparing for his wedding in the USA.
JeSoul: Preparing for her wedding in the USA not that she is marrying Davido!
Viaro: From the horse’s (nuclearboy) mouth, he has gone to another planet to bless them.
Mad_Max: Still very much around. Will post on any topic that tickles her.
Krayola: A bit complicated. He finished university, so his folks stopped giving him money as they used to. And he had to, well, start making his. As y’all know, making money is a full time job. I heard he is close to bringing down his first million.
Jagunlabi: Not sure. Probably died and dissolved to join the elements. Rumours of his reincarnation unsubstantiated.
M_Nwankwo: He is reading this. He is selective of topics, but he has certainly been posting less than he used to lately.
Noetic: Very very busy. That’s all you are allowed to know. We can't risk his anonymity!
Huxley: Around. Prefers running his own threads which he opens at the rate of 12 an hour.
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by seyibrown(f): 3:24pm On Aug 03, 2010
" When the centre can no longer hold things fall apart" C. Achebe.
It is not better for them to chennel thier energy else where than keep on posting and quoting from a creepy-whacky fictious myth called 'Bible'.

Do you not mean that it is better for them to channel their energy to doing more fruitful things than to keep explaining things to people whose hearts are hardened and whose sole purpose is to try discrediting the word of God?
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by KunleOshob(m): 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2010
@mazaje
I am very much around, I just post less these days, NL can be very consuming if you allow it to get the better of you, that aside there are to many recycled topics and debates.
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2010
Jagunlabi has been banned from posting on NL. Ask me not how i know or why he was banned.
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by ilosiwaju: 5:40pm On Aug 03, 2010
I miss wirinet and all of them too. I think its just a lack of solid recent thought-provoking threads that caused most of the silence. Trust me, many still come into the section and read whats up. Besides, they may be tired of how all threads turn from an intellectual discussion into an insult-raining avenue.

thinking of the best new thread cool
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by Rhino3dm: 6:15pm On Aug 03, 2010
^^^Seyyyyiiiiiiiiii brown.
" so you wonder why the roses thats grows from a concrete wall has a damage petals" -----2 PAC.
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by DeepSight(m): 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2010
MyJoe:

Davidylan: Preparing for his wedding in the USA.
JeSoul: Preparing for her wedding in the USA not that she is marrying Davido!
Viaro: From the horse’s (nuclearboy) mouth, he has gone to another planet to bless them.
Mad_Max: Still very much around. Will post on any topic that tickles her.
Krayola: A bit complicated. He finished university, so his folks stopped giving him money as they used to. And he had to, well, start making his. As y’all know, making money is a full time job. I heard he is close to bringing down his first million.
Jagunlabi: Not sure. Probably died and dissolved to join the elements. Rumours of his reincarnation unsubstantiated.
M_Nwankwo: He is reading this. He is selective of topics, but he has certainly been posting less than he used to lately.
Noetic: Very very busy. That’s all you are allowed to know. We can't risk his anonymity!
Huxley: Around. Prefers running his own threads which he opens at the rate of 12 an hour.

You are a very frightening guy indeed.

MyJoe:

Please I hope nothing happened to him?

Jenwitemi:

Jagunlabi has been banned from posting on NL. Ask me not how i know or why he was banned.

This finally confirms that you are Jagun.
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by MyJoe: 6:47pm On Aug 03, 2010
^^^ How might your fright be tackled?
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2010
@mazaje, i am kinda new here but i have gone through some of the old posts of the people you mentioned, and i do agree there was depth to their debates, i think it is possible that most issues have been discussed inside out and thus those people are reluctant to take part in recycled topics over and over again

another possible reason is that most people here on nairaland come here with solid grounding in their beliefs and due to this it will be really difficult to convince someone to change their position on religious issues i.e, it will be highly unlikely to see the christians here leave christianity e.g JeSoul etc,  just the same way it will be highly unlikely to see the Atheists here  become believers eg Mazaje etc, same for the muslims too.

The good part though of the extensive debates i have read that you and the people you mentioned took part in, is that it tends to strengthen ones position on religious issues, as for me reading many posts here tends to strenghten my atheism more , just the same way a christian or muslim reading posts here will have his christianity or islam strenghtened

all the same i thinks it is a win-win situation whatever side of the debates one is on!!!

peace
Re: Where Are The Regulars? by vescucci(m): 12:43am On Aug 04, 2010
In other words, the bad gets worse and the good gets better, depending on your orientation. JeSoul will be back soon. She's the person I miss most on here

(1) (Reply)

a c / Christians In Egypt Will Soon Have To Submit And Pay The Jizya In Egypt / What Is The Meaning Of Apologetics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.