Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test (25613 Views)

Lafarge Wapco Field Sales Manager / Dragnet Aptitude Test For Nigerian Bottling Company / Dragnet Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by pachoks: 10:54am On Sep 20, 2010
Another week and the wait continues, I wish we just knew for sure what really is going on with this process, Would really do a lot of good in calming them nerves.So anyone with fresh info on this subject should please share.Thanks.
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by Eeyore(m): 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2010
naija2much:

Why "PRAY"?46%, give me clues as to what's on-

"Pray" in this context means "please".

I was asking cos I'm trying to find some rhyme & reason to Lafarge's interview invitations. I scored 42% (Human Resources Officer), but have not heard from them, yet.

pachoks:

Another week and the wait continues, I wish we just knew for sure what really is going on with this process, Would really do a lot of good in calming them nerves.So anyone with fresh info on this subject should please share.Thanks.

Hang in there, matey. the tortous wait will soon be over, hopefully.
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by thewarlord: 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2010
it's going to be a long wait, till new year
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by Eeyore(m): 6:42pm On Sep 21, 2010
thewarlord:

it's going to be a long wait, till new year

Let them keep waiting for next year, let Shell/Chevron/Mobil et al come and poach their "interviewed" people. Or do they really think folks will just press "PAUSE" on the job hunt, hibernate and wait for them
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by onyeoka(m): 3:23am On Sep 22, 2010
Guys i did my medicals yesterday. i just pray to get the job. i need it right now. God dey
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by Eeyore(m): 10:07am On Sep 22, 2010
onyeoka:

Guys i did my medicals yesterday. i just pray to get the job. i need it right now. God dey

Woah!!! Congrats, man. Was it just the one interview that you had with them??

But Lafarge sef. People I wrote the test together with are doing medicals whereas I've not even been interviewed.
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by pachoks: 1:18pm On Sep 22, 2010
Congrats man,at least this gives me closure, anyway do you know if it is a batch thing or wat?
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by pachoks: 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2010
Eeyore:

Woah!!! Congrats, man. Was it just the one interview that you had with them??

But Lafarge sef. People I wrote the test together with are doing medicals whereas I've not even been interviewed.

I think you should just give up hope of been called for the interview dude cos even i that went for the three interviews has not heard zip from them,so i am moving on.
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by blueiyke(m): 7:47pm On Sep 22, 2010
pachoks:

I think you should just give up hope of been called for the interview dude cos even i that went for the three interviews has not heard zip from them,so i am moving on.

I would rather advise that he should file away Lafarge in one corner of his mind, and get on with his life & whatever job he has now. These multinationals can be funny and unpredictable at times. The guy that had his medicals scored 30 something, Eeyore scored 40 something in the same test. Who says he can not be called still?? I've seen a case where someone was invited for interview almost one year after the aptitude test.

Eeyore, KEEP THE FAITH, brother.

onyeoka, I believe CONGRATS are in order.

The rest of us, let's keep the hustle on while we wait and pray.
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by onyeoka(m): 2:43am On Sep 23, 2010
Thanks Guys. But I think Larfarge is taking its time: it depends on the position you applied for; years of experience; your personality;your qualfications;your current employment status; and the test cut off mark. At the interview, It took me close to one hour to convince the panel that i have the right attitude to pull sales for the company. I was at the best bank in Nigeria: I pulled sales. Now, I sell the best brand in the world: I m pullng sales. I m positive on target. I am double digit positive on last year. I pray I get the letter. I need to grow the business. But if i dont get the letter, I move on. Life does not end there. Bigger opprtunities will come.

@Eeyore,
Be positive man.Lafarge is not the ultimate. Just believe Larfarge will call you. If you dont get called, be happy because bigger opportunities are coming your way. I did the interview on 16/09/2010. It is on managerial position.

@Blueiyke,
Man, I like your person. I like your words. I like your courage. It is not good to lose hope in life. After service, I was at NNPC, NLNG, Skye Bank, Fin Bank,Access Bank, Zenith Bank, Ecobank final stages of interviews.i lost out completly. but my Hope did not die until i got my first job with the best bank in Nigeria.
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by naija2much: 2:26pm On Sep 23, 2010
I did my interview today, some will do theirs tomorrow, so who's giving up? Eeyore, scores matters a lot. For those that score over 60 in the Junior Engineer, some have started work, 44-50 did interview this week. hopefully, there will be interview for guys with less than 44 so keep keeping on. Besides, there are various sections. I didn't even do well in the interview so i do know when to give up but 4 those not yet called for interview, keep your fingers crossed!
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by blueiyke(m): 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2010
@ Pachoks - Hmmmm, the pieces are coming together finally after the long wait. Congrats, bro.

@ Eeyore - pachoks wrote the aptitude test in APRIL, and has only just did his interview 5 months after. Go figure.

@ onyeoka - resilience & determination are good vices to imbibe on the walk to employment, surely.

BIG UP YOURSELVES, PEOPLE!!!
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by blueiyke(m): 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2010
@ naija2much - Hmmmm, the pieces are coming together finally after the long wait. Congrats, bro.

@ Eeyore - pachoks wrote the aptitude test in APRIL, and has only just did his interview 5 months after. Go figure.

@ onyeoka - resilience & determination are good vices to imbibe on the walk to employment, surely.

BIG UP YOURSELVES, PEOPLE!!!
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by Tosinty(m): 10:41pm On Sep 24, 2010
Hi guys. I was called up earlier today to come for interview at Elephant House next week Wednesday. Since I had done one interview at Ewekoro on August 12, 2010, I really do not know what to again expect in the next interview. Can somebody help out?
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by blueiyke(m): 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2010
Tosinty:

Hi guys. I was called up earlier today to come for interview at Elephant House next week Wednesday. Since I had done one interview at Ewekoro on August 12, 2010, I really do not know what to again expect in the next interview. Can somebody help out?

Bros, I take it you are an Engineer too.
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by Tosinty(m): 1:28pm On Sep 25, 2010
blueiyke:

Bros, I take it you are an Engineer too.

I'm an Engineer and had an interview at Lakatabu (Ewekoro) on 12 Aug 2010.
@ the guy who had his medicals, did you attend two interviews? I want to be sure of how to prepare for this interview I was called up for.
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by naija2much: 5:16pm On Sep 25, 2010
Tosinty:

Tosinty, which Engineer-Junior Engineer or Middle level engineer?
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by Tosinty(m): 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2010
naija2much:

Tosinty, which Engineer-Junior Engineer or Middle level engineer?

I applied for Electrical Engineer
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by naija2much: 8:24am On Sep 26, 2010
Tosinty:

I applied for Electrical Engineer

that's middle level. Ok, go technical-real technical. They've got one Electrical Engineer at the panel, if he gets trigger he'll pull it!
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by Tosinty(m): 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2010
@ naija2much, is it one interview you have done or two. I did one in August at Ewekoro, that's why I'm asking about what to meet in the next one.

@ onyeoka, how many interviews did you have before the medicals and what did each look like?
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by Tosinty(m): 11:25am On Sep 27, 2010
pachoks:

@ pachoks, do you mean you have attended three interviews on the same test? Please, clarify.
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by papihand: 5:49am On Sep 28, 2010
Hello my fellow nigerians there is this very cool site that shows leads on Vacancies from the news papers. www.nigerianvacancies.com
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by Eeyore(m): 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2010
Woah!!!! Interesting takes on my situation, guys.

Anyways, I've adopted a "siddon look" approach to the whole Lafarge thingy. If they call me eventually, good. If they don't, no wahala.

Peace out!!!
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by monsho(m): 11:35am On Sep 30, 2010
@Eeyore,

Much as I share your pain, I wish to inform you that you are not alone in the waiting game. If applicants
personalities, current job status, qualification and years of experience actually matter as Onyeoka has made
us believe; Lafarge wouldn't have shortlisted all concerned like they did in the first place.

Do I need to remind you that this same organization claim to have placement for even the inexperience, in their
website? Why would the management of such establishment now start engaging in selection of calumny if I
may ask?

Besides, the decision of Lafarge to have sent you a result, after the test, means that you are still relevant; they
would have wasted their resources on you if they considered your journey over with them.
If you'll trust in your ability and have this strong conviction that what is yours will definitely come to you then,
you'll worry less. Like I once said to Jegbadon: "if you are destined to work in Lafarge, surely, you'll get called".

It is too early to say you are OUT, brother. Never say never for, you might be wrong!

Kind regards, pal.
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by jegbadon: 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2010
monsho:

@Eeyore,

Much as I share your pain, I wish to inform you that you are not alone in the waiting game. If applicants
personalities, current job status, qualification and years of experience actually matter as Onyeoka has made
us believe; Lafarge wouldn't have shortlisted all concerned like they did in the first place.

Do I need to remind you that this same organization claim to have placement for even the inexperience, in their
website? Why would the management of such establishment now start engaging in selection of calumny if I
may ask?

Besides, the decision of Lafarge to have sent you a result, after the test, means that you are still relevant; they
would have wasted their resources on you if they considered your journey over with them.
If you'll trust in your ability and have this strong conviction that what is yours will definitely come to you then,
you'll worry less. Like I once said to Jegbadon: "if you are destined to work in Lafarge, surely, you'll get called".

It is too early to say you are OUT, brother. Never say never for, you might be wrong!

Kind regards, pal.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM its happens sometimes, he is right i am almost getting my appointment will conclude my medicals tomoro
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by monsho(m): 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2010
@ Jegbadon,

I'm happy for you and those other members of the house that are through with the whole interview stages.

To those on the waiting list, you'll get there.
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by papihand: 6:54pm On Oct 05, 2010
Omo this is a site when you can check for vacancies of http://www.nigerianvacancies.com/2010/10/engineering-jobs-in-nigeria.html grin[img][/img]
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by Eeyore(m): 6:15pm On Oct 06, 2010
monsho:

@Eeyore,

may ask?

Kind regards, pal.

Woah, what can I say? Thanks for the head up, bro.

Meanwhile, someone who did the test in April has just gotten an interview invitation for the position of junior Engineer. I guess the Turn Around Time adds a new twist to the waiting biz.
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by papihand: 1:13am On Oct 08, 2010
Hey check for urgent vacancies at www.nigerianvacancies.com
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by Eeyore(m): 4:45pm On Oct 08, 2010
papihand:

Hey check for urgent vacancies at www.nigerianvacancies.com

Dude, how many times you wan tell us Abeg abeg abeg!!!
Re: Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test by heaters007: 8:13am On Oct 10, 2010
guy u dey vex oh.any au i support ur view d guy just dey disturb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate / Graduate Vacancy At IITA: Audit Trainee / The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.