Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Let's Have Your Complaints Here - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (113897 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by james1(m): 1:17am On Aug 17, 2010
***James observes.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 17, 2010
So as the CEO of your company, you will conduct an election to appoint your Managers.
And if you think, posting meaninglessly and making people know your presence in every thread are what make an active Mod, then I'm afraid I can't help u.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by james1(m): 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2010
@xterra.the MODs here are not bad"I mean NL as whole"just the occassional powerflexing thing.
But if you want a MODs job,simply make your interest known.it is for better of the site.election is not a bad idea.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 18, 2010
james1:

@xterra.the MODs here are not bad"I mean NL as whole"just the occassional powerflexing thing.
But if you want a MODs job,simply make your interest known.it is for better of the site.election is not a bad idea.
lol
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 18, 2010
james1:

Sho,you no get work ?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by james1(m): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2010
@Odiaero.hey man.where have you been?my BB got bad,I got another recently.send your pin to jumejames@hotmail.com,I will send you request.how you dey?
Take care.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by NIKKnJAZZ(f): 11:36pm On Aug 20, 2010
OMG!!!! Oh my goodness!!!! Oh my I have been traumatised! I have been traumatised! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Please, moderators can someone do something about koolchicco's profile pic. It is very offensive and disturbing and the image has just ruined my day.
Im sorry koolchicco, I don't mean to snitch, but itz just too disturbing. eeeek!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=351303
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by DisGuy: 12:06am On Aug 21, 2010

Can you please advise, users posting news articles from newspaper to always make a comment on the news article they have posted, to set a direction for the debate. this is meant to be a discussion forum not a newspaper
it would be helpful if they indicate the part of the news they find worthy of discussing

Cheers

edited with examples in case some dont get what i meant: specifically for NEW threads

Islamic banking/card now in the UK: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-500069.0.html

the proposed supergrid: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-500069.0.html
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Kobojunkie: 3:18am On Aug 21, 2010
ROFLMAO!!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by OAM4J: 5:20am On Aug 21, 2010
^^ whats funny
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 21, 2010
Dis Guy:

Can you please advise, users posting news articles from newspaper to always make a comment on the news article they have posted, to set a direction for the debate. this is meant to be a discussion forum not a newspaper
it would be helpful if they indicate the part of the news they find worthy of discussing

Cheers
Noted.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by UyiIredia(m): 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2010
i hate it when the appearance of my posts is different from the preview >>> why is it so >>> @ moderator : TAKE NOTE  angry

as Nigerians >>> pidgin English has evolved to become a reflection of our unity despite our diversity >>> in fact,  it is, to some
extent, being recognized internationally >>>  therefore, i was dissapointed when i read that use of pidgin is a 'violation' of ^airaland forum rules  shocked shocked angry

this reminds me an irony of Covenant University >>> we are told the we are students who'll bring pride to the black image  undecided duh !!! >>> and wearing native wear to class or church or even general assemblies is banned  shocked shocked except on specific occasions the authorities deem it fit  undecided undecided  >>> hypocrisy  angry

abeg !!! ooo !!! >>> allow pidgin & yabbin  grin grin grin grin

james1:

Hi everyone.the moderators and the rest of you should not sweat or lose any sleep over peeps abusing themselves over anything;that, my friends is the dynamics itself that makes any site exciting.it is cheering that there are always peeps ready to educate,enlighten or correct one as they so deem fit.

abi !!! >>> tell them !!!

james1:

As for banning peeps,you moderators should be careful about using ban or the threat to;some MODs use this a little too recklessly.the best is to advise such person to go to the appropriate department to express him or herself.
Lest you MODs forget:the reason Seun set up this site is to make profit,sending customers packing will defeat that purpose.
Am happy for the racism,sectarianism section.

thank u for telling them >>> exactly how i feel

james1:

I suggest ban be banned!!!

i second it !!!  wink
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by emyah(m): 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2010
"I,………, do solemnly swear/affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and will preserve and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, So help me GOD" Nowhere did I see So help me Sango! Is this man going to serve only sango adherents? Is this man now a minister under the 1999 Constitution?

To be continued.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2010
emyah:

"I,………, do solemnly swear/affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and will preserve and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, So help me GOD" Nowhere did I see So help me Sango! Is this man going to serve only sango adherents? Is this man now a minister under the 1999 Constitution?

To be continued.

Struggling to understand this post. tell me how it's related to this thread or I get it off
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by netotse(m): 7:26pm On Aug 22, 2010
my complaint is somewhat petty grin. The thread 'how to move nigeria forward' serves what purpose? there's nothing it contributes to NL is there?

especially as it's locked so we cant post in it

personally i think that thread exists simply so the unsuspecting visitor to this section can go 'awww they actually care about nigeria' so in other words,

in simple english, it's a form of 'eye service', a cursory look at the topics in the politics section will show that the developmental threads get the shorter end of the stick, the simple God-honest truth is that most of the people that post in the politics section are not the sort of people that can contribute meaningfully to any development topic, we concentrate too much on politics of tribe and ish, it's not even as if we're arguing about what we ourselves have done, we keep on arguing about what our forebears have done as if that would make a difference.

why dont we have somewhere where those of us who understand that ideas have no colour or tribe, who are willing to refine each others' ideas, who still believe that there's still a lot of good to be found in all parts of nigera can go and scheme on how we can take nigeria back from the thieves that are in control, you never know, one of us just might get a lucky break, can you imagine how cool it'd be if someone gives a speech on tv thanking NLers for refining his ideas? of course we know that cant happen in this section, any thread worth it's salt will be derailed before it reaches the 3rd page.

in simple english, i'd still like developmental section, however if that isn't possible, i'd still settle for our getting rid of that 'testament to mediocrity' called 'List Of Development Topics (How To Move Nigeria Forward)'

i realize that this is a lousy attempt at provoking a guilty conscience but i'mma keep trying though. . . grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Beaf: 4:15am On Aug 23, 2010
^
That topic started as a result of this thread, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-377207.0.html
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 23, 2010
Jarus and Aisha2 please please please and please delete this thread, it's invading my privacy: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-167702.0.html
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Beaf: 7:51am On Aug 24, 2010
Please, can people that post duplicate articles be banned for a long time?

These days, the board gets out of hand every blessed morning of the week.
I don't want to name names, but one particular poster is guilty of at least 50% of such posts. There have been quite a few occasions where topics several pages are duplicated.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by naso2(m): 11:13am On Aug 24, 2010
"IBB BEGINNING TO MAKE SENSE", "IBB SCHOOLS FCT MINISTER" , "IBB CAMPAIGN KICKS OFF IN OGUN"

All these are frontpage threads.
Now tell me if hollandis was wrong when he said you guys are subtly turning pro-IBB.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 24, 2010
ON JONATHAN:
2011: Alamieyesigha heads Jonathan's Campaign team
Jonathan can contest 2011 - PDP

Are we pro-Jonathan too? Ribadu and Atiku also have their topics on front page.
Homepage is all about sensational issues and IBB is a sensational issue now.
That's all.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by tpiah: 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2010
just wondering why you preface every other statement with tribalist this and tribalist that.

for someone who ostensibly "ignores" tribalist topics and threads, or who pretends not to be one, that's weird.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2010
tpiah:

just wondering why you preface every other statement with tribalist this and tribalist that.

for someone who ostensibly "ignores" tribalist topics and threads, or who pretends not to be one, that's weird.
Do I live in another planet? Or who doesn't know tribalism is the stubbornest cankerworm here? Or as active contributor and later Mod, I will not know what's happening here? 

Why not come out straight and call me a tribalist, instead of this 'wondering', beating about the bush angry
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by tpiah: 3:34pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^funny enough, you pull up your "tribalist" rants only when you see a yoruba person.

is there a problem?

and are you the only contributor and /or mod on nl.

others arent seeing what you're seeing maybe?

cos it seems to be more of a problem for you, even though you ostensibly "dont get involved" in any so-called tribalistic discussion.

when you preface every other comment with "tribalist this" and "tribalist that", even though you maintain a very fake silence on such matters, then it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see what's as plain as day.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2010
Please, can people that post duplicate articles be banned for a long time?

These days, the board gets out of hand every blessed morning of the week.
I don't want to name names, but one particular poster is guilty of at least 50% of such posts. There have been quite a few occasions where topics several pages are duplicated.
Posting duplicate articles by same person is an offence that may attract ban, lenght of which the banning authorities will decide, and I'm not one.
But if due to failure to search before starting a topic results in thread duplication, all I need to is to lock the thread, and warn the person, and if persistent, may be punished.
And you can help me by naming names, especially for the particular poster.
Thanks
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 24, 2010
tpiah:

^^funny enough, you pull up your "tribalist" rants only when you see a yoruba person.

is there a problem?

and are you the only contributor and /or mod on nl.

others arent seeing what you're seeing maybe?

cos it seems to be more of a problem for you, even though you ostensibly "dont get involved" in any so-called tribalistic discussion.

when you preface every other comment with "tribalist this" and "tribalist that", even though you maintain a very fake silence on such matters, then it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see what's as plain as day.
You only first openly vented out something I had known you to harbour since at least 2 years ago, especially after that my 'Deepzone Vs Tpia' thread in 2008, which, if I had known your type of person, I would not have started in the first place.

I'm even surprised you did not include 'religious bigotry' as that is another problem I know you have about me, which is very clear to me, but I prefer to ignore.

I am a proud Yoruba guy but I try to be detribalized as much as I can. I have defended Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa, where need be, in the past.
As a mod, I have sent warning PMs to erring forumers from all tribes - those that posted offensive posts about Ibo and Yoruba and, less commonly these days, Hausa.
I have deleted posts from those Ibo and Yoruba tribal warriors. Stemming the tide of tribalism is part of my agenda here and beyond Nairaland and I will not be dissuaded by petty accusations, and if in the course of doing that, the table is turned on me, I will bear it.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by bkbabe97y(m): 4:54pm On Aug 24, 2010
Jarus:

. I have defended Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa, where need be, in the past.

Voltron!lol!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by tpiah: 5:19pm On Aug 24, 2010
Jarus:

You only first openly vented out something I had known you to harbour since at least 2 years ago, especially after that my 'Deepzone Vs Tpia' thread in 2008, which, if I had known your type of person, I would not have started in the first place.

I'm even surprised you did not include 'religious bigotry' as that is another problem I know you have about me, which is very clear to me, but I prefer to ignore.

I am a proud Yoruba guy but I try to be detribalized as much as I can. I have defended Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa, where need be, in the past.
As a mod, I have sent warning PMs to erring forumers from all tribes - those that posted offensive posts about Ibo and Yoruba and, less commonly these days, Hausa.
I have deleted posts from those Ibo and Yoruba tribal warriors. Stemming the tide of tribalism is part of my agenda here and beyond Nairaland and I will not be dissuaded by petty accusations, and if in the course of doing that, the table is turned on me, I will bear it.

continue typing long story for those who are interested in reading it.

let me point you to a typical response of your friend andre uweh whenever one of his tribesfellows is bashing another tribe (especially yorubas) in response to whatever:

Andre Uweh:

@Komando: I admire your style of writing. May the wisdom of Solomon be upon you.

sounds like you!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 24, 2010
tpiah:

continue typing long story for those who are interested in reading it.

let me point you to a typical response of your friend andre uweh whenever one of his tribesfellows is bashing another tribe (especially yorubas) in response to whatever:

sounds like you!
you're better ignored. . . as i hav always done
anyone still wondering why you're the most disliked nairalander of all time
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by tpiah: 6:05pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^no doubt you started a thread and took a poll.

oponu radarada!!

and you are the most liked nler of all time, abi?

na because i give you the time of day nah. Your head wan swell like bread wey see water.

hiss.

now run to seun and your other supporters with tales of how i harassed you.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2010
tpiah:

^^no doubt you started a thread and took a poll.

oponu radarada!!

and you are the most liked nler of all time, abi?

na because i give you the time of day nah. Your head wan swell like bread wey see water.

hiss.

now run to seun and your other supporters with tales of how i harassed you.
Thank you. O ti tan abi?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by tpiah: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^i know you live for back and forth, so post something make i reply.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by slaiojel: 11:41pm On Aug 24, 2010
Jarus wetin you collect from tpiah? abi you snatch him wife?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

Abba Kyari Arrives Lagos In Air Ambulance / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba / Olusegun Adeniyi Ambushed By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.