Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman (18970 Views)

A Distant Relationship, Wrong For My Temperament. / DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR / What Is Your Temperament And How Is It Affecting You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by wendyz: 4:56pm On Aug 04, 2010
An understanding of temperament differences in my opinion helps create a better understanding of the people in our lives, Be it in the workplace or the homefront and otherwise. I believe every temperament (Sanguine, Choleric, Melancholy, Phlegmatic) has their attending strengths and weaknesses. From my observation and enquiries, the choleric woman seems to be the most challenging to get along with among the women folk inspite of their strengths. (I stand to be corrected)
Born Leader, Goal Oriented, Organised, Result oriented, etc.

Are you a choleric , or in a relationship with or married to one , Please share with us some of your challenges and how you are managing them?
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by mylove4him(f): 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2010
I have read books on temperament and when I saw my strength as a choleric/sanguine woman I was elated but when I got to the weakness part Oh my God I know I needed help. My fiance' and colleagues say I can be very domineering and authoritative in which i am working on it seriously. I thank God for giving me an understanding man cos my former relationship crashed because the man felt I was being the man in the relationship and he couldn't stand such woman. Another minus is that am easily angered but with the help of God I am working on that. It could be difficult dealing with a choleric woman even as a colleague or wife cos we are too independent minded and also very stubborn and we tend to talk too much and listen a little. With love one can correct each partner and use her strength to compliment the weakness.

7 Likes

Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by wendyz: 8:12am On Aug 05, 2010
Hmmnnnn, I feel you.
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by 79733139(m): 1:17am On Mar 17, 2012
I hate and have always hated choleric women! Because I am a choleric man!
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by RoyalRoy(m): 11:50am On Mar 17, 2012
Hmmm,quite revealing. My girlfriend is exactly like myloveforhim described herself. Exactly. It has made me hit i once or twice. Realy not proud of that. But a choleric woman can push you to the extreme. I made a decision to be extremely patient with her. She talks b4 thinking, she's always on the defensive,a bit bossy, and above all she wl ask you to come and beat her. Patience was a virtue i learnt the hard way. Now,after all her trips,i call her, tell her i love you. Then take time to explain what's going on. Most times she ends up crying and feeling bad. I believe ONLY WITH PRAYER AND PATIENCE can a choleric woman be managed.
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by RoyalRoy(m): 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2012
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by odumdesmond: 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2012
I just sacked my former girlfriend last wednesday for thinking and acting as if I were her houseboy, domineering idiot !!!
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by Rocktation(f): 5:22pm On Jun 10, 2012
Choleric people can be really overbearing. It really takes the grace of God to condone them. But thinking about it, they're exactly like everyone else who did not have a say in what their personality should be like, in their genesis. So they're infact, just being themselves.
I only blame the ones that eventually identify their shortcomings and yet, do not feel the need to conform.

2 Likes

Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by tpia5: 9:31pm On Jun 10, 2012
omg, i find bush mentality ( as evidenced by this thread) so irritating.

must everything be good or bad? black or white?

you people are so aggravating, annoying, just name it!!!

in your ignorance!

gosh, what a bunch of illiterates. smh.
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by ISU1: 9:11am On Aug 14, 2013
one of them is here not matured enough to curtail her temprament, this problem has been identified its means its half solved
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 14, 2013
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by modupsie(f): 10:02am On Aug 14, 2013
hmmmmmnnnnn! am about 80% choleric and am often misunderstood
but thank God my patner had to do some research on my temparament so as to know how to deal with me.
the strenght of a choleric woman can not be overemphasized. we are great, hardworking, super sexy, nice,selfless and strong women but our weaknesses makes us come across as terrible,stubborn and some people mistake us for being wicked.

we are difficult to understand but when u get to understand us especially in marriage, we make the best of wives. kiss

4 Likes

Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by chayooh(f): 10:23am On Aug 14, 2013
I am also choleric and my husband's dominant personality is choleric but other times melancholy. Its not exactly the best recipe for a good marriage but we've been trying to work things out tho sometimes im misunderstood as say, putting my work above my home or being stubborn and refusing to say i'm sorry. Anyway, we're working things out and taking things one-day-at-a-time.
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by Kanwulia: 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2013
VERY CHOLERIC O! cool
No apologies! cool
I CAN'T DEAL WITH 'PHLEGMATIC, SANGUINE OR MELANCHOLIC' individuals.
I only deal with fellow 'CHOLERICS' from a long range! Too much of 2 things makes for an EXPLOSIVE relationship.
BUT I WOULD RATHER DEAL WITH A FELLOW CHOLERIC. . .than any other personality type! kiss
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by baby124: 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2013
These old, aged and discarded personality tests. Tests that are not reliable. It is only Nigerians I know that hold unto these tests. I even first heard of this on NL. grin
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by greatgod2012(f): 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2013
baby_123: These old, aged and discarded personality tests. Tests that are not reliable. It is only Nigerians I know that hold unto these tests. I even first heard of this on NL. grin

Baby, for the first time, I'm disagreeing with you. The personality/temperamental tests aint limited to Nigeria only.

The great psychologist, Tim Lahaye, who wrote the book "why you act the way you do" the book that comprehensively describes the 4 temperaments published the first edition in the 90's and he isn't a Nigerian, you know, so, its not only accepted in Nigeria alone, its worldwide and it is also worthwhile to know the temperaments of your prospecting partner, so that, when he/she start to put up some attitude, you will know why.
Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by greatgod2012(f): 9:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
@op, there is nothing with advantages without disadvantages, nothing with strenghts without weakness.

I, Particularly can't say a pparticular temperament is the best or the worst, but the most important thing is for you to understand both the strenght and the weaknesses of each other and try to complement each other, try to support each other, try to tolerate and understand each other and above all, jointly work together on the weaknesses of each other's temperaments.

For those who don't mind, I will sugest these three books, all by Tim Lahaye

-why you act the way you do
-opposites attract
-spirit-controlled temperaments.
They are all good reads for those who want to get married and also want to understand each other very well in their marriages.
May God help us all.
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by baby124: 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
greatgod2012:

Baby, for the first time, I'm disagreeing with you. The personality/temperamental tests aint limited to Nigeria only.

The great psychologist, Tim Lahaye, who wrote the book "why you act the way you do" the book that comprehensively describes the 4 temperaments published the first edition in the 90's and he isn't a Nigerian, you know, so, its not only accepted in Nigeria alone, its worldwide and it is also worthwhile to know the temperaments of your prospecting partner, so that, when he/she start to put up some attitude, you will know why.
Thanks.

You know why they dont work ? Because no one is exclusively a certain temperament. Most people have traits of all 4 or at least 2. I have been to many places and its only Nigerian's i know that still take these particular ones seriously. I honestly do think they are outdated. There is simply no one way to ever categorize anyone. We humans are too complex for that. Just my opinion and what i have seen though. We dont always have to agree kiss

2 Likes

Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by greatgod2012(f): 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
@baby, you're right, no one is solely of one temperament, there is usually one dominant temperament and one or two more minor one(s).
Well, we are learning everyday, but as far as I'm concerned, I still believe in the test.
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by Afamdman(m): 6:34am On Aug 15, 2013
chayooh: I am also choleric and my husband's dominant personality is choleric but other times melancholy. Its not exactly the best recipe for a good marriage but we've been trying to work things out tho sometimes im misunderstood as say, putting my work above my home or being stubborn and refusing to say i'm sorry. Anyway, we're working things out and taking things one-day-at-a-time.
I can imagine, so what do you think is the best way your hubby can handle you, so you guys can live in hamony, especially since its hard for you to say am sorry, speaking from experience it gets to me, why you can't say am sorry, sharply matter don end, but refusing to say that drags the matter longer than it should. Personal advice, look in the mirror and say to urself am sorry 10 times for a week till it becomes part of you. Lolz but jokes aside "am sorry" can save you a lot of heartaches in your marriage. I learnt how to say am sorry early and admitting am wrong, it helps a lot in marriage. So back to my question, how can we help you be you in marriage without you feeling you are losing yourself and us seeing you as stubborn and always wanting your way or the highway.
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by itstpia8: 10:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
baby124:

You know why they dont work ? Because no one is exclusively a certain temperament. Most people have traits of all 4 or at least 2. I have been to many places and its only Nigerian's i know that still take these particular ones seriously. I honestly do think they are outdated. There is simply no one way to ever categorize anyone. We humans are too complex for that. Just my opinion and what i have seen though. We dont always have to agree kiss

Temperament describes a person's character, or how they react to the world around them, void of personal opinion, meaning its the genetic personality traits they were born with.

Its true sometimes people can seem to "switch" temperaments but there's almost always a "base" temperament they are known for.

If you check that movie the good dinosaur for instance, you see the dinosaur was extremely fearful and introverted while the feral boy was aggressive and uninhibited as well as fearless. Those are examples of temperaments.

Since it is genetic, it is nature, as opposed to nurture which could modify those traits somewhat if possible.
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by mylove4him(f): 7:16am On Apr 06, 2016
Knowing about temperament can help one alot. Especially handling relationships at work, at home and even in church. Strive to always study people so that you won't judge them badly.

I learnt and am still learning. You even need it when you are raising your own children.
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by Kageche: 10:39am On Nov 29, 2023
cheesy

I think you'll find this book useful. As I did.

All the best.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/Path-Choleric-Wife-English-ebook/dp/B0CHB2MMW3
Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by Fahvvy: 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2023
Temperament are just excuses for bad behaviors that lazy folks have refused to work on undecided...

If you notice that there is a trait that is impeding the harmony of your relationship, DEAL WITH IT! and stop making excuses
undecided...

Just imagine someone exhibiting bad behavior and telling me to "understand" cause it's their "temperament" undecided...

Mttttwwww...
I'll just show you the exit door undecided...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman by Intergrated: 10:31pm On Nov 29, 2023
RoyalRoy:
Hmmm,quite revealing. My girlfriend is exactly like myloveforhim described herself. Exactly. It has made me hit i once or twice. Realy not proud of that. But a choleric woman can push you to the extreme. I made a decision to be extremely patient with her. She talks b4 thinking, she's always on the defensive,a bit bossy, and above all she wl ask you to come and beat her. Patience was a virtue i learnt the hard way. Now,after all her trips,i call her, tell her i love you. Then take time to explain what's going on. Most times she ends up crying and feeling bad. I believe ONLY WITH PRAYER AND PATIENCE can a choleric woman be managed.
you hit her once. Lol lol 😂 guy u never understand woman. U think you can stop hitting her . What made u get to that point you would continue u better leave that girl and find another woman. She is not ur type

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' / The Moment A Man Shed Tears Of Joy As His Wife Praised Him (Video) / Man Surprises His Wife With A Car As Valentine Gift (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.