Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? (49416 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Cotonou. When Will Nigeria Be Like Cotonou? / M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? / Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by WesleyanA(f): 11:54pm On Jan 10, 2006
methinks medube is Nigerian (by birth and by marriage) cheesy not so medube?

just because he's white don't mean he can't be Nigerian.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by panthress(f): 12:06am On Jan 11, 2006
so im British now. born there, makes me british?
i speak igbo,i switch to the accent when i go to nigeria, i speak pidgin, know some hausa, well none i can remember now.
i kno everythin abt nigeria from nook to crane.
by what u said being born somewhere makes u from there
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Freewilly(f): 12:10am On Jan 11, 2006
Never been to Ghana so I can't compare Nigeria to Ghana but from being a Nigerian American and being around Nigerians, I won't be surprised to hear how life is better in Ghana.I have never seen a group of people as greedy and self-centered as Nigerians.Just my two cents.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by panthress(f): 12:17am On Jan 11, 2006
i resent that nigerians r not greedy they r just creative. lol
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by medube(m): 12:25am On Jan 11, 2006
panthress:

If you have a British Passport you are indeed British, whether you speak Igbo, Hausa, Pidgin or even Ijaw.

panthress, if I may ask, say I was given a form to fill and they have a space there for NATIONALITY, what should I put?  smiley And by the way from what you earlier said :

panthress:

if u said u waz south african and you're white or said your zimbabwean and them next places in Africa i would have believed u

You seem to forget that these were colonial rulers in those countries and eventually nationalised to be their citizens. That means you will accept a British man in 1958 to say he is Nigerian because he nationalised during their colonial rule smiley

WesleyanA:

methinks medube is Nigerian (by birth and by marriage) cheesy not so medube?

Indeed I am correct Nigeria to the core  cool
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by WesleyanA(f): 12:33am On Jan 11, 2006
panthress:

Whether you like it or not. if you were born in Britain and lived there most of your life, YOU'RE BRITISH!!
you might be of Nigerian descent  (if one or both of your parents are there).

I have a teacher who speaks French and has been to france. does that make him French? No.
If he was born there or his parents are from there or he got neutralized as a citizen there then he could be french. the language you speak don't decide your nationality.

what do you call a Nigerian citizen? A NIGERIAN!! doesn't matter what the color of his skin is!.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by medube(m): 12:36am On Jan 11, 2006
WesleyanA:

what do you call a Nigerian citizen? A NIGERIAN!! doesn't matter what the color of his skin is!.

Thank you jare my sista smiley
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Freewilly(f): 12:50am On Jan 11, 2006
Medube, sorry you not Nigerian if your mom and dad are white Just because you was born in Nigeria don't make you a Nigerian OK bro. So much about being a native Nigerian than just been born there.Find your roots bro and stop telling ppl you Nigerian.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by WesleyanA(f): 12:54am On Jan 11, 2006
Frewilly now, you don't know what it means to be from a country. Go on dictionary.com and look for the word "citizen" come back and tell me what it says before you start telling people they don't belong to their countries.

If i got married to a white guy (his nationality will be part of mines too) talkless of a guy who was born in a country lived there all his lives only to get rejected by his people. Now i don't blame him for thinking Ghanaians are friendlier and more loving.

go on Dictionary.com and look up "citizen" i tell you.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by panthress(f): 12:58am On Jan 11, 2006
WesleyanA:

Whether you like it or not. if you were born in Britain and lived there most of your life, YOU'RE BRITISH!!
you might be of Nigerian descent  (if one or both of your parents are there).

I have a teacher who speaks French and has been to france. does that make him French? No.
If he was born there or his parents are from there or he got neutralized as a citizen there then he could be french. the language you speak don't decide your nationality.

are there ne history of white pplz/indian or other race of ppl havin dwelth in Nigeria Hell No. so hommie u aint nigerian, ur claimin it cuz u got a freakin passport
Normally ur nationality is seen by ur parents nationality, my parents r born n bred in nigeria. i was born in London im good to say bred in Nigeria.
So i cant go tellin pplz im British cuz i got some small red book that has my picture on it hell no. Not me
medube u r not nigerian,
where r ur roots.

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by WesleyanA(f): 1:21am On Jan 11, 2006
panthress:

are there ne history of white pplz/indian or other race of people havin dwelth in Nigeria Hell No
you need to get out your history book if you have any and tell me that again. they might not be a high significant number but i'll tell you there definitely are white Nigerians whose parent were actually born there (well i know of 2 families like that. the owner of the school i went to in Nigeria was one).

so hommie u aint nigerian, your claimin it because u got a freakin passport
Do you actually know what the word "Nigerian" means at all?
you can be a citizen by birth, neutralization or if your parents are citizens. anyone is applicable.!!
even if it's only a passport you have (as long as the passport says you're Nigerian (or you want to say you know better about nationalities than those who made the passports?)

Normally your nationality is seen by your parents nationality, my parents r born n bred in nigeria. i was born in London im good to say bred in Nigeria.
See, you were bred in Nigeria.
Wnat have you got to say about someone who was born in Japan, taken to america at 2 months and lived in the us all his life has families and kids. are you going to say his kids aren't americans? are you going to say He's not american
His children are definitely second generation americans whether their facial features show japan or not!!

So i can't go tellin pplz im British because i got some small red book that has my picture on it hell no. Not me
well not you. If you don't got pride in the country you were born, leave it for someone who has!!!! not especially if you weren't actually bred in Britain! He lived all his life in Nigeria.

medube you're not nigerian,
where r your roots.

Go tell african americans that. of course africa is their roots but whether you like it or not, they're Americans. . . If you don't get curse rained on you. telling people where they come. jainsense. tis its tis.. . .

panthress, Frewilly. did you go on dictionary.com to look up the meaning of "citizen"?

If you say you're not British. then, your not British. agreed.
But medube definitely is Nigeria. go ask your teacher or someone who actually knows what it means to be from a country.

I'm sure medube knows his roots and is proud of it! if he wasn't he wouldn't tell us on this forum that he's white or even show us his pics (of course he has a beautiful Nigerian wife and an amazingly beautiful daughter too cheesy kiss. i couldn't forget that)

what have you got to say about the South African whites. They're south African. If you tell me they aren't then you've got issues.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Freewilly(f): 1:31am On Jan 11, 2006
Please not start getting all postal on me WesleyanA. I don't need a dictionary to find  out what it means to be a citizen of a Country OK sis.I'm not prejudice against white people all I'm saying is that just because a white boy was born in Nigeria don't make him a Nigerian in my eyes (just my two cents).
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by medube(m): 1:35am On Jan 11, 2006
nice Points WesleyanA

panthress just for your record, my grandparents were both born in Calabar, my parents were both born Port Harcourt and I and my juniors were born in Lagos, now even if u accept to be British, Im more dam Nigerian than you are British.

Secondly as stated in the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria, Chapter 3 section 25 subsection (b)

"[/i]every person born in Nigeria after the date of independence either of whose parents or any of whose grandparents is a citizen of Nigeria[i]"

Well I was born after Independence to parents who were already citizens of Nigeria smiley So whther you or anyone else (freewilly) accepts it or not, I don't give 2 f***
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by WesleyanA(f): 1:42am On Jan 11, 2006
Freewilly:

I.I'm not prejudice against white people all I'm saying is that just because a white boy was born in Nigeria don't make him a Nigerian in my eyes (just my two cents).
what if he was black. would you think he was Nigerian?
you say "in your eyes". so you know you're wrong. You just decide that your parents have to be from a country for you to be a citizen of that country? right.

so if i was born in britain and lived in britain most of my life makes me more nigerian than someone who was born in Nigeria and spent all of his life in Nigeria just because "my parents are nigerian and his parents aren't"

Why do you think the United States made it a law that you have to be born in the United States to become a president (rule that land)
so actually if that law applied in Nigeria, Medube has way more chances of becoming a President in Nigeria than Panthress who claims to be all Nigerian but has absolutely no chance whatsoever of becoming one rolleyes

now tell me why would the US want a non american to rule them if not that you're a citizen of a land you're born into (of course you have to be loyal to that land  wink)??

sorry for going "all postal" on you again Frewilly, just wanted to tell you your  "two cents" is WRONG according to real national laws (you're not even a lawyer)!!
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by WesleyanA(f): 1:45am On Jan 11, 2006
medube:

nice Points WesleyanA

panthress just for your record, my grandparents were both born in Calabar, my parents were both born Port Harcourt and I and my juniors were born in Lagos, now even if u accept to be British, I'm more dam Nigerian than you are British.

Secondly as stated in the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria, Chapter 3 section 25 subsection (b)

"[/i]every person born in Nigeria after the date of independence either of whose parents or any of whose grandparents is a citizen of Nigeria[i]"

Well I was born after Independence to parents who were already citizens of Nigeria smiley So whther you or anyone else (freewilly) accepts it or not, I don't give 2 f***

Even Medube knows the constitution than me or any of you. cheesy and he actually has roots in Nigeria!!!!!

you can argue with him now!
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by medube(m): 1:50am On Jan 11, 2006
medube:

And if you still feel Im not Nigerian then as a proud and eligible Nigerian, you should be able to challenge that paragraph in the Constitution smiley
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by debanjee(m): 1:53am On Jan 11, 2006
n
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Freewilly(f): 1:56am On Jan 11, 2006
Wesleyan, I sure would love to have you on my debate team girl you sure do just let it all out......lol.I don't know s**t about Nigerian constitution all my saying is that the white boy should stop claiming to be Nigerian cause it's making me mad.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by WesleyanA(f): 1:59am On Jan 11, 2006
Freewilly:

Wesleyan, I sure would love to have you on my debate team girl you sure do just let it all out.cheesy.I don't know s**t about Nigerian constitution all my saying is that the white boy should stop claiming to be Nigerian cause it's making me mad.

You sound racist. sorry to say  undecided

you can't just make a statement without backing it up with proove. Why don't you think he's Nigerian? what are your LEGITIMATE reasons?
If not for simple sentiments that it makes you mad that a "white" guy can be nigerian.
he's not a "boy" by the ways. he's an adult, married with kid(s).

I wouldn't want to be on your debate team anyways.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by medube(m): 2:02am On Jan 11, 2006
Freewilly:

the white boy

Freewilly this is the second time you have used that term "white boy". You are sounding like a racist. Before we go any further, are you Nigerian?
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Freewilly(f): 2:06am On Jan 11, 2006
I'm not racist, it just sounds to me you just a kiss a** typical Nigerian. sorry sis don't care what you have to say the white boy is not Nigerian and never will he be one. Don't care if he was born there or has a Nigerian passport. And thats all I have to say about this so you all can kiss my natural black a**.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by WesleyanA(f): 2:12am On Jan 11, 2006
Freewilly:

I'm not racist, it just sounds to me you just a kiss a** typical Nigerian. sorry sis don't care what you have to say the white boy is not Nigerian and never will he be one. Don't care if he was born there or has a Nigerian passport. And thats all I have to say about this so you all can kiss my natural black a**.

at least i don't smoke "pot" and weed or "buzz" like you do and i don't get in trouble with the law  rolleyes.
You can call me whatever  wink . .
i wouldn't call you a true Nigerian if you truly were in prison or being unloyal to a country. better change that thing on your location.

and medube is more of a Nigerian than you are. take it or leave it. color of skin doesn't say nothing. It's what's inside of you that speaks!!!

I'm straight by the way (meaning i'm not gay), i don't kiss girl's a**es. wink
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by debanjee(m): 2:12am On Jan 11, 2006
v
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by medube(m): 2:14am On Jan 11, 2006
I was just about to tell you guys (WesleyanA & debanjee) that there was no use talking all this while to someone who isnt worth wasting our time on smiley
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Freewilly(f): 2:44am On Jan 11, 2006
So sad to see my fellow Nigerians kissing up to some white boy in 2006
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Olorididan(m): 4:19am On Jan 11, 2006
GED FEBID... WE DONT HEV DE SAME CHERECETE.... GHENAIENS ER MECH SWEETE PEPLE... SO WE ER NOT DE SAME NESHIN AT EL cheesy!
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by hotangel2(f): 4:23am On Jan 11, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ROTL... LMFAO!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

OMG OMG OMG.... That's is fxcking AWESOME and AMAZING!! Ohh please.. im laughing sooooo hard!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

OLORIDIDAN, U R EVIL!! BUt i like it.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by ldollier(f): 5:14am On Jan 11, 2006
Olorididan:

GED FEBID... WE DONT HEV DE SAME CHERECETE.... GHENAIENS ER MECH SWEETE PEPLE... SO WE ER NOT DE SAME NESHIN AT EL cheesy!

hahaha, oh ur bad. i like, i like smiley
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by ZuluNation(m): 5:15am On Jan 11, 2006
Ghana women are better prostitutes than any Nigerian woman trust me I've been around
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by ldollier(f): 5:16am On Jan 11, 2006
your name says it all rolleyes rolleyes

i guess you must be proud of that rolleyes
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by otokx(m): 9:00am On Jan 11, 2006
Ghana has constant light YES, there are places in Nigeria that has constant light YES, me thinks its only in light and perhaps sanitation that Ghana beat us. Here in Uniport, staff children that cannot pass common JAMB because their parents are either politicians or friends of politicians send those "dumb" ones to Ghana who by the way charge them almost half a million naira for a session. Its the greedy political class that is killing Nigeria but even at that its also our press. The crime rate in south africe is a 100 times that found in Nigeria yet the US has not given a bad statement of em to their citizens.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by luridguy(m): 10:21am On Jan 11, 2006
yea dey might have light 24 hours water and all dat dont forget the country is just a little bit bigger than lagos and u should see the gap between the poor and the rich its huge ..........nigeria is a difficult country to run but u cant compare ghana with nigeria its not just right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) / Welcome To Anambra State Thread:the Light Of The Nation / Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.