Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Seun, We Need Help In Medical Section - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Seun, We Need Help In Medical Section (738 Views)

Hospital Seeks The Public's Help In Identifying An Accident Victim (graphic Pics / See Youngest Mother In Medical History Who Gave Birth At The Age Of 5 / FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Seun, We Need Help In Medical Section by naijaking1: 9:30am On Aug 05, 2010
Dear Seun,

It's with heavy heart and regret that I tell you that the Medical section on Nairaland has stopped to function properly since the appointment of the current moderator. Fully qualified and licensed medical practioners like myself, Dr. Balogun, Kathyekiti, and others have spent countless number of manpower-hours to provide free medical advice to fellow nairalnders. Unfortunately, everything took a turn for the worse as soon the current moderator was appointed, fully written professional medical advice began to disappear, began to vaporize, and began to be eaten up the so-called spam-bot at the expense of people's lives.

Personally, I reach the limit of my own personal and professional endurance when it became obvious that a Nairaland member, Apholayhan has most likely died because the advice I meticulously wrote out for her had disappeared over a critical 12-hour period. This lady had a acute case of necrotizing pylonephritis and renal abcess, a condition that has more than 90% mortality, and 100% morbidity in hospitalized patients. As we worked through the diagnostic chain, ruling out bladder, urethral, and va.gi.nal infections, the moderator simply kept deleting very vital and life saving information for this patient.
The patient even bagged for these information to be released to save her life, but the problem was never solved.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-297224.32.html

Like I said, I was quite personally, professionally, and emotionally devastated, because she hung on to her computer hoping to get medical advice from Nairaland, instead of rushing to the nearest emergency room. The more I frantically posted warning signs, and acute advice the more the spam-bot blotted the messages. I'm also sure the patient died because her condition was very grave, and because she has not posted any activities on Nairaland since after that episode in January.

I mourn by never going to post medical advice again on Nairaland under the current moderator. However, I still post very hot and debatable articles everyday on the political section where I have never lost even one article to either the moderator or the so-called spam-blot. I write this article at this time, because other physicians in the house such as Manofsteel and Omnislife are still having the same sort of problem I had with moderator that cost my Nairaland patient her life sad

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-297224.96.html
Re: Seun, We Need Help In Medical Section by Seun(m): 9:35am On Aug 05, 2010
It's not the moderator, it's the antispam bot.   The moderator works hard to report such issues to me so I can correct them.  The health section mod is one of the most hardworking mods on Nairaland, so pls don't attack her. But I'll investigate the matter with due diligence.

(1)

Bad Prickly Heat / Aids Has A Cure / What Is Polycystic Ovarian Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.