Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,182 members, 7,780,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:26 AM

Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin (12630 Views)

Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Adams Oshiomhole And Wife, Iara In Ethiopia (Photo) / Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by kinzolic(m): 6:55pm On Apr 16, 2007
Jst heard it on Rhythm 93.7 FM that Adams Oshiomole(AC Gubernatorial Aspirant in Edo State & Former Labour congress Leader) was arrested this afternoon by the Nigerian policemen(800 poliemen o)after addressing protestants in benin 2day
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2007
Injustice has to stop.What on earth did he do?They know he will expose them.Niger Delta youths where art thou?We might need to protest this.We need to take our Country out of the hands of these selfish old men.What d heck?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by arike77: 7:01pm On Apr 16, 2007
Obasanjo must be stopped!! He is destoying Nigeria.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by CrazyMan(m): 7:11pm On Apr 16, 2007
Obasanjo's days is numbered and he know's that.
that's why his fighting tooth and nail to wreck Nigeria.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by uluocha: 7:19pm On Apr 16, 2007
Why do we need 800 policemen to arrest a single armless civilian. This is intimidation at its highest. Where are we going in this nation. God bless Nigeria
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2007
They are scared of him.The policemen themselves are silly.They dont want to get out of the curse of bribe shey?Let dem continue worshipping Obj na dem sabi.

arike77:

Obasanjo must be stopped!! He is destoying Nigeria.

Am thinking of the same thing too cos hes annoying me big time.Cant he be kidnapped?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 7:27pm On Apr 16, 2007
In my own view he should be arrested. For leading the violent protest that destroyed properties worth millions of Naira.

I think he should be arrested

1 Like

Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Mamajama(m): 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2007
here we go again, a politician that is instigating violence in the state was arrested and people are so quick to blame OBJ. did OBJ tell this politicians to engage in violence activity or to recruit thugs? people lets be careful how we judge people. The interest of the common man must be at heart before any other issue. God bless Nigeria
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

here we go again, a politician that is instigating violence in the state was arrested and people are so quick to blame OBJ. did OBJ tell this politicians to engage in violence activity or to recruit thugs? people lets be careful how we judge people. The interest of the common man must be at heart before any other issue. God bless Nigeria

Thank you.

OBJ is not perfect. But the way people pass out judgement in this country is very surprising,  Na wah oh

He should wait to channel his case to the court politics is not NLC the Nigerian Labour Congress?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 7:35pm On Apr 16, 2007
Why shouldnt he when he was robbed?He cant cross his hands and watch.Its no possible.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 7:35pm On Apr 16, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Why didnt Obj arrest the likes of Obanikoro,Akala and co who did d same thing?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Mamajama(m): 7:37pm On Apr 16, 2007
How do you know he was rubbed?  was he an INEC official? was he or you counting the election results?  this act is stupid and foolish. people should take their looses and coconced with dignity and stop promoting violent.  we all can't win
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by uluocha: 7:38pm On Apr 16, 2007
Please can someone tell Adams Oshiomole that he no more NLC president, he can be dumped and forgotten in jail and nobody would stand for he defence. This is Nigeria were human rights are not respected, if u have no immunity, your are finished in this country
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

How do you know he was rubbed? was he an INEC official? was he or you counting the election results? this act is stupid and foolish. people should take their looses and coconced with dignity and stop promoting violent. we all can't win

I don't like it when people act naive just because they hope to prove some point. We both know that in a free and fair election, there is no way Oshiomhole is going to lose to anyone in Edo state but let's keep acting naive and hiding the truth, because we think OBJ is a demi-god or something.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2007
uluocha:

Please can someone tell Adams Oshiomole that he no more NLC president, he can be dumped and forgotten in jail and nobody would stand for he defence. This is Nigeria were human rights are not respected, if u have no immunity, your are finished in this country

Uluocha If he oshiomole is saying PDP is not a good government and that he is an example of a good leader why did he not wait to take his grieviance to the court

crazykid:

Am telling you the truth, if the military plans a coup and it succeeds, I would be the happiest person on earth.
Because our so-called democracy has ruined the country.

Inviting the military? This is a big joke
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 7:53pm On Apr 16, 2007
Donzman:

I don't like it when people act naive just because they hope to prove some point. We both know that in a free and fair election, there is no way Oshiomhole is going to lose to anyone in Edo state but let's keep acting naive and hiding the truth, because we think OBJ is a demi-god or something.

Donzman you are assuming that Oshiomole won the election you are not so sure but I can boldly tell you that it is only in Oredo and Ikpoba-Okha local government areas of the state that there is a protest.

Every other parts of the state including Edo north (Oshiomole's home town) is Calm
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by donmayor(m): 7:56pm On Apr 16, 2007
Obasanjo is a shame. [s]His level of thinking compares so well with the animals in his farm.[/s] The rate at which he is going, he is going to end up destroying what he built in 8 years. it's only a fool that would say elections in many states were not rigged from the results released and the manner it was released.
Adams Oshiomole was rightly arrested for trying to instigate a riot but his arrest won't solve the issue on ground. Instigating a riot was the best option also available to Oshiomole.
God help Nigeria and prevent us from self destructing. May we never become another Darfur or Liberia
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 7:59pm On Apr 16, 2007
donmayor:

Adams Oshiomole was rightly arrested for trying to instigate a riot but his arrest won't solve the issue on ground. Instigating a riot was the best option also available to Oshiomole.

If oshiomole thinks that disturbing the peace of the state is the only way to prove he won the elections then he is not worthy to lead Edo state. There are better ways to do that
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by omon(m): 8:01pm On Apr 16, 2007
In which civilised society has viloence ever solved anything, If that is what Oshiomole has resorted to, I am afraid he is loosing my respect
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by CrazyMan(m): 8:01pm On Apr 16, 2007
God forbid that Nigeria would become like dafur.
Everyone that has violence at the back of his mind, nemesis would catch up with him be it the president himself.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by donmayor(m): 8:01pm On Apr 16, 2007
yeah better ways like waiting 3yrs for a tribunal to decide after the illegal governor has raped the people?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by atiku07(m): 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

How do you know he was rubbed?  was he an INEC official? was he or you counting the election results?  this act is stupid and foolish. people should take their looses and coconced with dignity and stop promoting violent.  we all can't win

[size=8pt]wetin be ya own u wey dey germany wey no sabi anything come dey talk say who tell am say na him win well from all indication it is oshiomole that actually won that election well i think obasanjo is thinking properly because this is not the end of the whole poilty. saturday is still comming and then he will see the true colour of the nigerians i swear.

and i think oshiomole is in the right cause so let him fire on then we shall know who is who may be na we get nigeria abi na obj

[/size]
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 4Play(m): 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2007
atiku07:

[size=8pt]wetin be ya own u wey dey germany wey no sabi anything come dey talk say who tell am say na him win well from all indication it is oshiomole that actually won that election well i think obasanjo is thinking properly because this is not the end of the whole poilty. saturday is still comming and then he will see the true colour of the nigerians i swear.

and i think oshiomole is in the right cause so let him fire on then we shall know who is who may be na we get nigeria abi na obj

[/size]

He will tell you that he visits Nigeria regularly and knows what is going on cheesy
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2007
omon:

In which civilised society has viloence ever solved anything, If that is what Oshiomole has resorted to, I am afraid he is loosing my respect

Thank you

I am not saying that rigging is good that's if there ever was a rigging.  All I am saying is that there are other ways

donmayor:

yeah better ways like waiting 3yrs for a tribunal to decide after the illegal governor has raped the people?

If his aim is to serve the people, then it is worth waiting for. What he has done is an example of "two wrongs can't make a right"
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by donmayor(m): 8:17pm On Apr 16, 2007
If his mandate was really stolen, it is the people that are meant to rise up and defend it and thats what he is trying to do. Not that it is right but u shuld know where he is comin form
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by omon(m): 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2007
What proof does Oshiomole has to show that he won?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 8:25pm On Apr 16, 2007
donmayor:

If his mandate was really stolen, it is the people that are meant to rise up and defend it and thats what he is trying to do. Not that it is right but u shuld know where he is comin form

He should have sent a message to his soppurters to remain calm and go about thier normal duties. Instead he is leading a violent protest he may have to be in jail for sometime so that he will know the difference between NLC and politics.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by frenchman(m): 8:31pm On Apr 16, 2007
I think many Nigerians in the diaspora have lost touch with what is on round in Nigeria. Rigging is something that is opened, and the evidence is not far fetched. For example,When the incumbent deputy gov hijaked voting materials in Ondo state, and even INEC confirmed this. I am sure some people will still be asking for evidence of rigging. Gosh!!
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by atiku07(m): 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2007
stanech:

He should have sent a message to his soppurters to remain calm and go about their normal duties. Instead he is leading a violent protest he may have to be in jail for sometime so that he will know the difference between NLC and politics.

stanech just shut that mouth of urs ebe like say u sef follow join for the rigging process abe make una leave the guy alone let him defend his mandate.

it is only by false the FG will ever succumb to our idea so let him use it. and take note nigeria is not zimbabwe
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by donmayor(m): 8:43pm On Apr 16, 2007
Read this:
Rivers State: 2.1 million people was said to have voted, even in the face of violence , absence of electoral materials and officials in most part of the state. PDP claimed they won the state with 1.8 million votes. It is more that all the votes in Lagos State, with four million voters registered (some of the highest in the country), where there was relative peace on election day. 99% voters voted in Rivers State, if we go by this calculations.

Ekiti State: opposition AC won 14 seats in the house of assembly, ANPP won 3 seats, NDP 1 and PDP 6 seats, yet PDP won the gubernatorial elections.

Osun State: Accused murderer of Chief Bola Ige, Senator Omisore was caught with ballot boxes in Ilesha, miles away from his ward.

And you say Oshiomole should siddon look.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Imani(f): 8:47pm On Apr 16, 2007
Only in Nigeria!   angry

God help that country.

I still dont understand why we like confusion so much.

Did any state actually get a governor that the people rather than PDP actually want?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by omon(m): 8:48pm On Apr 16, 2007
I thought the deputy gov who misbehaved in Ondo was arrested,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Andre Scam.check Britian,dein Of Agbor Is Keagborekuzi,History of Agbor,owa,uku / Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group / Osun Election: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To APC’s Oyetola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.