Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

National Open University of Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University of Nigeria (41267 Views)

Masters Degree At National Open University Abuja / National Open University / National Open University Of Nigeria 2011/2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Open University of Nigeria by iginla(m): 4:07am On Jan 10, 2006
National Open University-how Open Is It?

When the idea to introduce NOUN - National Open University of Nigeria to counter the widespread of the so called satellite campuses in Nigeria,its blue-print was superb and was like a way out of the problems which the satellite campuses tends to solve but a look into this shows it a mirage-Do any share my views on this?
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by adesodgi(m): 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2006
I AM A STUDENT OF THE NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA. I AM STUDYING INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY.

WHAT INFO DO U NEED FEEL FREE TO ASK ME.

IF U WANT TO APPLY, GO TO OCEANIC OR ZENITH BANK TO PURCHASE UR APPLICATION FORM. 5000 NAIRA ONLY.

GO TO THE SCHOOL WITH THE ETRANZACT COMFIRMATION AND TH BANK TELLER TO COLLECT UR PINCODE AND AFTER THAT U CAN GO ONLINE TO FILL UR FORM FOR ADMISSION.

call 08175458193 for more details
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by anyiam(m): 3:19pm On Feb 24, 2006
yep ppl

I am a student of what i have coined to be National Closed University of Niaja. Like u said the blue-print is superb but can u imagine that in the last exam, 85% of the student had one F or Improper Record on their result including me.

I think it doesnot worth replacing saterlite campuses
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by segs4eva(m): 8:31pm On Mar 31, 2006
Hi Nairalanders, what's u guys view on the National Open University.

Here is a quote by ONWUKWE ALAEZI
'The vision of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is “to be regarded as the foremost university providing highly accessible and enhanced quality education anchored by social justice, equity, equality and national cohesion through a comprehensive reach that transcends all barriers.”

keep the posting coming! wink
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by Zahymaka(m): 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2006
Haven't heard about it. Can you enlighten me?
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by osaitechm: 8:00am On Jun 02, 2006
NOUN should not be regarded as degree awarding University because of lack of modern protocol ability in all her doing like credibility, assessment, Record keeping,teaching and learning procedure, Keeping promise to her student, meeting up to her academic calender. Infact the School is a Scam. Many students ought to graduate from the school this year (2006) being the fourth years in opeartion. Noun only succeeded collection fees from students and deliver only one semester exam ever since. I suggest that it should be close down and become one of national lost glory or policy like SAP or an history because NOUN will never work in Nigeria Quote me anywhere when compared with today global educational methodology alike
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by moyoct14(m): 2:47pm On Jun 21, 2006
While I share the views of most contributors on the NOUN project, I would like to advise gentlemen like osaitechm to "never say never again". Things can only work if they're done the right way and the advice of the experts sought. A project like this cannot be jumpstarted, proper studies need to be carried out and implementation policies and procedures followed.
Open Universities have worked well in other parts of the world; why can't it work in Nigeria if the planners and decision makers are a bunch of scholars who have the genuine interests of Nigeria at heart?
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by Fikzy(f): 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2006
Now, The list of the newly admitted students of the national university is out.

The NOUN Idea is not bad at all,  lets keep hoping and professing positively for our Nation's efforts,  Open University have been tried out in many European and Asian countries and have been pr oven to be successfully and efficient in delivering higher education.

In case you are a prospective student, use this link to see your admission status,

http://www.nou.edu.ng/noun/admissionlist.htm

"We can only get better!" that should be the voice of any Patriotic Citizen![color=#006600][/color]
So long,
Fikzy!
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by omejeetu(m): 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2006
I HAVE BEEN OFFERED THE OPPORTUNITY TO STUDY COMPUTER SCIENCE ITH THE NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY NOUN, BUT I AM AFRAID OF THE PROSPECT , IS IT WELL RECOGNISED WILL YOU ADVICE MR TO TAKE IT, ?
WWW.NOU.EDU.NG
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by thoscah: 12:53pm On Aug 02, 2006
Yes my poeple

I have been offered an addmission into the open university of Nigeria just of recent.
Am going to start attending lectures latter in this month, 14th August to be precise.

Guys, NOUN is a place to be, I mean a school that one can really call a SCHOOL (there's a BUT here) i.e. if everything promised in the brochure will be brought to reality.

All that makes me think its gonna be a great school is 1. the back bone of the school.
and the Elites.

Toscah.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by Fikzy(f): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2006
"Am going to start attending lectures latter in this month, 14th August to be precise."
how did you know the resumption date is 14th aug, 2006?
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by omejeetu(m): 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2006
does anybody have an idea of what the total fee for a computer science student for tjhis year addmission?
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by idahosa1(m): 11:48am On Aug 21, 2006
hi every one i want to fill my form online, i don't know how to go about it. Can anyone help me out on how i can fill my form? angry
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by Ogachris: 11:15am On Aug 22, 2006
Hello All,
I am a fresh student of NOUN. The comments of students baffled me and my interest in the school begin to be affected. What is really happening? Since last week I have been trying to access my admission form on her website proved abortive. The first semester has started on the 14th Aug. but no materials to read? Confused. Ogachris
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by Dimimu: 9:08am On Sep 28, 2006
I need the website address of National Open University of Nigeria. Kindly get back to me via this site or E-mail. My Number is +2348055769151
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by Fikzy(f): 10:47am On Sep 28, 2006
NOUN Web address,

http://www.nou.edu.ng.

So long,
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by abublege: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2006
Hi guys,
are you really discussing NOUN
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by nelson1(m): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2006
[color=#000099][/color]HELLO OUT THERE ,
I NEED INFROMATION ABOUT
UNN= UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NUSKKA
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by idahosa1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2006
the open university is a Bleep up
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by sakpas(m): 8:28pm On Nov 04, 2006
hi
I am a dentist as well as a project manager for an NGO and as a result I travel most of the time and am on site most of the time, please I am considering getting a masters degree through the Open University of Nigeria.Is there anbody out there who has graduated from it or can speak positively about the university.If you have any ideas about a course or institution or programme to fit my needs please feel free to give your suggsestions.I reside in Port Harcourt.Thanks
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by difference: 4:23am On Feb 24, 2007
Goodday every body,

just surfing through the net and saw this intresting topic of the Nation Open University.My brother recently told me about it.Presently I am a 100 level computer SC Dip. student of delsu abraka, and would have love to start a full time bachelor degree program in computer science at the national Open University Center in Benin, but I really don't know much about this university, considering the fact that one doesn't need to go through the normal jamb/Post U-M-E before getting admission, and also exam is not been conducted.You just buy a form and there you have your name and you start the program? Please my brothers, I will really like to know more about this new brand of University in Nigeria, how it works and everything.Are the courses accredited? Is it a well recognized institution, and certificate presentable on completion of a Bachelor's Program? I need help on this as I am hoping to enter and don't want to be mis-lead.Thanks allot.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by goldeojays(m): 10:15pm On Feb 27, 2007
with 120k you fit to run 4yrs degree programme in computer science. only me am afraid if their degrees will be accepted
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by abybrown(f): 2:45pm On Mar 19, 2007
please I would like to find out the fate of NOUN after our President leaves the villa.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 5:09pm On Mar 22, 2007
hey my name is larry am kinda new with the naira land thing, but the reason i registered was becasue of this forum, well talking about the degree courese as noun, so many students have registered over the past years, we should expect a development as time goes on, why shouldn't the degree be accepted as for me i see no reason, becasue it's as goo as other distance leaning centres and as time goes on we should all hope that it get better,

larry
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by akingold(m): 11:01am On Mar 23, 2007
pls tell me when next is the admmission and how do i apply?
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 1:04pm On Mar 23, 2007
to akin gold

the next admission should be by june, i think you have to get a form, from oceanic bank. but i will find out more too becasue i intened to apply too, so tell me akin what course do you intened on doing and why open university.

larry
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by akingold(m): 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2007
Firstly,thank you for the quick response.Bless you.
my course is nothing but economic
why the school? see, am a businerss guy who run it everyplaces.i need to do it so as to sustained myself.Infact this is the time for me to be serious about it especially when the miracle investment that the whole world has been waiting for has come.CLUBFREEDOM!
understand?
pls found out the time and the form fees and even minimum qualification.do they allow anybody with pass in english or maths to runn it too?
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2007
hey no problem,

well right bnow am not really in a position to help you check, but am not sure about the requirements bt am sure you will be able to find out any wher that you are located in nigeria, open university have outlets in every state good luck,

p.s

larry
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by goldeojays(m): 9:20pm On Mar 30, 2007
the requirement for noun is the same with every other conventional university in the country. the only diff is that you don't have to sit for an exam before gaining addmission. also there are consideration for those who don't have the minimum requirement to start with some predegree kind of stuff.
personally I intend to enroll for the 2007 addmission to study law. who cares if our people will accept it or not.
once I am done withthe first degree I will just proceed to any other conventional university here in the country or abroad. the beauty of the whole programme is that you can work and school. some thing that have worked and will continue to work in other developed countries.
guys let us be positive as we keep our hands crossed.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by auwal87(m): 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2007
I am a Fulltime Student of BSc Computer Science at National Open University of Nigeria, as I am writing this reply now, on my table lies their course material (Introduction to Programming Language). The University is a nice place to study, you study at your own pace of time, you dont need to attend any lectures. You can travel freely without worrying about lectures, tests, etc. In fact, a NOUN student can graduate from as low as 2.5 years and as high as 8 years.

The Cost of attending NOUN is somehow higher, compared to Conventional Universities in Nigeria, totally, I spent upto 50,000 and in the next semester I will spend upto 25,000.

There are many Open Universities around the World, in UK, USA, Canada, Arab Open University, etc, We Nigerians we need something like this, consider the number of students in lecture halls, almost tripled the normal number needed. We need to support NOUN in any way to become stable, and by the Grace of God National Open University of Nigeria has come to stay in Nigeria forever!
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by goldeojays(m): 8:46pm On Apr 01, 2007
auwal, I think I like guys of you sort who are still positive that things will work out in this country some of our forks might be tempted to call dame god forgotten. I wish you all the best in your studies. remember hard work always pays at the long run.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2007
hey guys it's really good to hear positive stuff about the open university, i on my own part am a very optimistic person, i intend to do a degree in computer science, so i just wanted to find out how much the total fee will cost and the duration of the programme, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Isn't This Too Much For A 4year Old. / University Of Abuja Lecture Hall Overcrowded, No Social Distancing, No Facemasks / University With The Highest Number Of Broke Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.