Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,556 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:27 PM

Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? (27549 Views)

My Landlord Wants Me To Pay A Debt I Didn't Accrue / My Landlord And I / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Jerryembassy91(m): 10:22pm On Dec 27, 2018
I have spoken to him severally over this issue.He said is a new development that the gate must be locked on or before 8pm everyday. From work i do get home between 9 and 9.30..Yesterday i stood outside over an hour knocking.

Pls candid advice is needed...thank you

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by clive2u(m): 10:25pm On Dec 27, 2018
be nice to him buy him drinks. it might work

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Jerryembassy91(m): 10:28pm On Dec 27, 2018
Strict he is....thanks anyway
clive2u:
be nice to him
buy him drinks. it might work

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by babyfaceafrica: 10:35pm On Dec 27, 2018
ask for a spare key,if he doesn't oblige ......try to find a new house

292 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by THUNDER4real(m): 10:45pm On Dec 27, 2018
Target him and lock him outside one day, so he will feel how you feel when he locks you outside.

341 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by dokyOloye: 10:47pm On Dec 27, 2018
One of the reasons I can't live in a compound where the landlord lives within.
Better start looking for another house.

233 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by spiralwedge(m): 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2018
Jerryembassy91:
I have spoken to him severally over this issue.He said is a new development that the gate must be locked on or before 8pm everyday. From work i do get home between 9 and 9.30..Yesterday i stood outside over an hour knocking.

Z
I had a landlady like that many years ago.I asked for the spare key after explaining my work schedule, she gave me to go make a spare. After a week, she changed the padlock. Confronted her, she said she could not give only me the spare key as I did not have 2 heads. So for a week, I'd be banging for about an hour before she opens the gate. So I told myself I would not renew my rent but before I'd pack out it would be a WWE.
So, I bought a very strong padlock and lock the gate on my way to office and didn't come home for 2 days. That was how the war started. I bought about 3 more padlocks, each was about 1k. Each time they got a welder to cut the damn padlock for 1k or so.
In the end, with the annoyance of other tenants, we came to a truce. The last padlock I bought was what we settled to use and i ensured every tenant had a copy. And no more banging. We agreed that the gate could be locked at stipulated time but every tenant using the gate must lock with their copy of the key each time.
The landlady, the tenants and neighbors started respecting me from that day.

640 Likes 51 Shares

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 27, 2018
Ahnahn what’s the meaning of that?

Sey na hostel?

Nigerians don’t know their rights at all.

See bros, better give a stern warning to that landlord. If the gate must be locked at that time then he should get a mallam/gateman else he should be prepared to go to court.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Jerryembassy91(m): 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2018
I did ask. ...thanks
babyfaceafrica:
ask for a spare key,if he doesn't oblige ......try to find a new house
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Jerryembassy91(m): 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2018
Smiles....thanks anyway
THUNDER4real:
Target him and lock him outside one day, so he will feel how you feel when he locks you outside.
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Jerryembassy91(m): 11:06pm On Dec 27, 2018
Thanks you....i really appreciate this option..
spiralwedge:

I had a landlady like that many years ago.I asked for the spare key after explaining my work schedule, she gave me to go make a spare. After a week, she changed the padlock. Confronted her, she said she could not give only me the spare key as I did not have 2 heads. So for a week, I'd be banging for about an hour before she opens the gate. So I told myself I would not renew my rent but before I'd pack out it would be a WWE.
So, I bought a very strong padlock and lock the gate on my way to office and didn't come home for 2 days. That was how the war started. I bought about 3 more padlocks, each was about 1k. Each time they got a welder to cut the damn padlock for 1k.
In the end, with the annoyance of other tenants, we came to a truce. The last padlock I bought was what we settled to use and i ensured every tenant has a copy. And no more banging. We agreed that the gate could be locked at stipulated time but every tenant using the gate must lock with their copy of the key each time.
The landlady, the tenants and neighbors started respecting from that day. I moved from that house to my own after another year there.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Jerryembassy91(m): 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2018
Thank you...
mrAMG:
Ahnahn what’s the meaning of that?

Sey na hostel?

Nigerians don’t know their rights at all.

See bros, better give a stern warning to that landlord. If the gate must be locked at that time then he should get a mallam/gateman else he should be prepared to go to court.
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by ojun50(m): 11:21pm On Dec 27, 2018
I be landlord oh, i no dey in support of yr landlord oh,

22 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Kharol1234: 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2018
punch is left eyes.....e wil neva try locking u outsyd again

5 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Jerryembassy91(m): 11:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
Jerryembassy91:

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Jerryembassy91(m): 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2018
Wow
Kharol1234:
punch is left eyes.....e wil neva try locking u outsyd again

8 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by MrMcJay(m): 11:38pm On Dec 27, 2018
Your landlord or landlady as the case may be is very wrong.

As a tenant, you have the right of ingress and egress. That right grants you entrance into the property and exit from same. Even if it's not stated in your tenancy agreement, provided that you are a subsisting tenant, she is trampling on your rights.

You need to take a firm step to stop further breach of your rights.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by osazsky(m): 11:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
Is the fence high? Just asking though notting more

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
By coming back home early.....or changing the padlock!
Choose one!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by imamabi(m): 11:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
Change! angry

1 Like

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Hadone(m): 11:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
Simple. Just return home early shikenan!!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by anibabes007(m): 11:41pm On Dec 27, 2018
Acquire a fairly used 2019 Range over and bring it home

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 27, 2018
Which state is dat if I may ask?
Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 27, 2018
Some landlords /landladies are thorn in the flesh of their tenants.

14 Likes

Jerryembassy91:
Thank you....i really appreciate this option..
you sef wan dey lock your co-tenants inside? grin grin
just ask for spare key first, your landlord might oblige
if he doesn't, you fit do your gragra

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Abortions: 11:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
Never u stay in the same compound with ur landlord/landlady. Don't ask me why

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
angry

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by mysticgal(f): 11:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
Locking you out is wrong...May be you should speak with other tenants

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by Offpoint: 11:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
Any landlord who try such a shît with me, the next day I'm coming home 12 am with a bullduzzer, I'm dropping the entire gate down. let's end the shît in court. I ain't living free, so you ain't making no rules.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by finebois(m): 11:45pm On Dec 27, 2018
Just commit suicide

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, How Do I Stop My Landlord From Locking Me Outside Everyday? by sukerefakere(m): 11:45pm On Dec 27, 2018
grin
Use fence jare

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Demolition: Mohammed Ibrahim Kamba, Abuja Land Owner Drags Wike To Court / A Pictorial Documentation Of A New Home Building In Enugu. / PICK YOUR FLOOR WOODEN TILES HERE WITH PICTURE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.