Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. (40804 Views)

Photos Of Nigerian Churches With Funny Names. / Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer / Why Are Most People Running From Anglican Churches To New Generation Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by Roliks09: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2010
No more tears Ministries, oluyole estate Ibadan. This must be for people who have had so many reasons to cry i.e - loss of job, loss of money, loss of girlfriend, e.t.c. Otherwise, you arent exactly invited here. Lol!
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by toluxa1(m): 3:27pm On Aug 13, 2010
WHERE IS NUCLEARBOY? I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HEAR HIM COMMENT ON THIS. I HAVE LAUGHED SO MUCH THAT I CAN'T LAUGH AGAIN. I NOW HAVE A PERMANENT LAF-FACE ON AND I JUST CANT MAKE MY FACE GO BACK TO 'NORMAL'. BUT ACTUALLY THIS IS NOT FUNNY AT ALL. SHOWS HOW MUCH SATAN HAS INFILTRATED THE CHURCH.

2 Thessalonians 2 (King James Version)

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9[b]Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,[/b]

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11[b]And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
[/b]
12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

May God have mercy on us all. The Elect cannot be deceived.
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by Ivynwa(f): 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2010
@Johnyboy
Please don't be hard on Seyibrown and call her "kill joy" though you are very right to say that Rhino came in to dash our fun here.Seyibrown is only defending her religion here as any christian will want to. If Rhino 3dm is a mature person he should have known that talking down on the religion of others like that has cost so many lives in this country. The moderators should be taking off such offensive comments off threads but as we christians have to look at such "desecration of the christian religion" here. The best thing is for us to ignore Mr. Rhino which I am glad we have done, he is only seeking attention here and we are having so much fun that we paid him no mind.

Have fun people!
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by alexleo(m): 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2010
@Ivynwa,
thanks for that advice. That Rhino whatever is a misnomer in this section and should be totally ignored. Personally I dont care about his post because its of no meaning. People should ignore him and his likes. Lets not celebrate nuisance here.
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by Ivynwa(f): 2:45am On Aug 15, 2010
Ewoo my people, i dey always hear some people singing sweet and nice choir songs on weekends behind where I live. I always join the song and hum along while doing my house chores na im I come pass there sometime ago come notice say na real church dey there. This evening I come pass there again come see say the name of the church na "Thus says the Word ministeries". University of the Holy Ghost. The thing no dey only Naija (even though say our own na im pass). For here sef na almost the same thing, preachers bark and howl on the television and I quickly change the channels wondering whether they have to shout and bark to send us the message. They should all tone it down and stop turning some weak minded people off the christian religion with these excesses.
  As for me church is sweet praise and worship (that quickly connects me to man G.O.D) and inspiring and eloquent preaching whether in a television, at home alone or fellowshiping with God's people or in the middle of my beloved Adefarasin's "House on the rock" (even our own church name rocks too, but it rocks real good---ain't no church like that church of ours, any member here can agree with an Amen!) church there in Lagos. I can have church anywhere but definitely not in Holy Japhet's Munistrys, I no wan get bamitimized shooooooooo-----smile
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by mrmayor(m): 7:54pm On Aug 15, 2010
I think that Garden City does it better than anyone out there.

1. Complete Peoples Church @ Borokiri. Port Harcourt.

2. Total Freedom Church @ Eastern By-Pass. Port Harcourt.

3.Hand Of God Ministries @ 96 Stadium Road. Port harcourt

4. Priests and Kings Ministries Praise International @ Sandfill , Port Harcourt
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by wales(m): 7:22am On Aug 16, 2010
Run For Your Life International Church grin grin grin grin

Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by wales(m): 7:24am On Aug 16, 2010
Christ Image Fire Ministry grin grin grin grin

Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by alaper: 9:34pm On Aug 17, 2010
What amuses me is that some people attend these churches!! undecided
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by OPEYEMIAD(m): 5:24am On Aug 18, 2010
MY lot of laugh when i read you know what cause my laugh, LABORATORY CHURCH OF GOD, hahahahaha
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by Iyineda(m): 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2010
OMEGA CYBER MINISTRIES --> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-498764.0.html

And this time, I aint fvcking around! angry
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by ogundokun: 5:52am On Aug 20, 2010
Church of satan evangelical ministry
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by petres007(m): 10:36am On Aug 20, 2010
ukotmi:

Vengeance ministry. I swear by Kunleoshobo's tithe envelope, the ministry is located near my house here in Lagos.

ROFLMHO shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by jamace(m): 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2010
All these churches are "man must whack" churches a.k.a "no food for lazy man" grin grin grin
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by lana1878(m): 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2010
Hw about Run for you life int. Church
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by ukotmi: 10:28pm On Aug 28, 2010
petres_007:

ROFLMHO shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why u dey shine your teeth at me angry angry Kunle no de pay tithe?
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by alexleo(m): 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2010
ndu mmiri ndu azu missionary. Saw it in the east.
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by jamace(m): 7:26pm On Aug 31, 2010
ndu mmiri ndu azu missionary. Saw it in the east.

Interprete this, please.
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by alexleo(m): 8:43pm On Aug 31, 2010
it means - let the water live and let the fish live or the life of the water is the life of the fish.
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by slap1(m): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2010
alexleo:

it means - let the water live and let the fish live or the life of the water is the life of the fish.

The bolded says it all.
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by richjohn1(m): 7:25pm On Sep 02, 2010
I know I was actually missing something saying off nairaland for 4 months! The mammy stuff got me rolling on the ground grin I can't shout! grin grin grin
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by watchme(f): 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2010
Chris Okafor Int'l Ministry - This is real I saw this Poster at Gana Street, Maitama Junction Abuja.
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by youngies(m): 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2010
Guided Missiles Church grin

Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by youngies(m): 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2010
LABORATORY CHURCH OF GOD tongue

Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by youngies(m): 4:05pm On Sep 03, 2010
Elshaddai Shall Not Die Ministries

Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by slap1(m): 6:42pm On Sep 06, 2010
JUSTIFICATION VOICES MINISTRIES, BIBLE-BELIEVING CHURCH OF GOD, SHEKINAH GLORY MINISTRIES, JOHN 3:16 MINISTRIES, all in Aba. . .and I ain't joking!
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by slap1(m): 10:13am On Sep 09, 2010
God's Cover Ministries Inc.
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by jamace(m): 8:30am On Sep 12, 2010
Gate of Salvation.
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by jamace(m): 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2010
Have you seen this before?

Chapel Of Possibilities International Incorporated.
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by wales(m): 7:48am On Sep 15, 2010
So this two are for real GUIDED MISSILES CHURCH And LABORATORY CHURCH OF GOD, Oh my GOD !

Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by Johnnny(m): 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2010
Guys, I was going thru Thisday Newspaper today when I saw that almost all the names of churches that we posted here is used by the writer of that piece. It was titled "Name It, Claim It", it is on page 23 of today's issue of Thisday.

So, even journalist now visit this forum to get materials for their stories. Nairaland is getting very very popular o. wink wink grin
Re: Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches. by ITbomb(m): 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2010
The name of the church is DEMONSTRATION MINISTRY. last two month they did a program MY FATHER MY FATHER THE WITCH MUST DIE so it is as if they have found out that it was not the witch that hold their money, they are now going to the FATHER: MY FATHER MY FATHER RELEASE MY MONEY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

You Can Have Sex With Your Wife On Her Periods - Prophetess Rose Kelvin To Men / Kanye West 'Jesus Is King' Is Packed With Bible Verses & Praises To God / Man Arrested For Duping Winners Chapel Of N77million (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.