Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,032 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? (4647 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? / contract Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 07, 2010
Will contract marriage work in Nigeria? Borne (like 3 kids) for me,go and never come back.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2010
Its hard to say because Nigerian society is a close knitted family. They feel strongly about family so it will be hard especially from extended family members.

But these days with the list of surprises springing never underestimate what people will do for money!

1 Like

Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by femy2010(m): 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2010
It can not work in Nigeria does not mean some pocket of such can not happen.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2010
femy2010:

It can not work in Nigeria does not mean some pocket of such can not happen.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2010
It can workout 1 million for one kid x3 .try igbo babes and some yoruba girls in ebutemetta areas.they like money,all the yoruba girls very near were the sell spareparts have produced for those igbo guys.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by pappy2000: 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2010
olas2u:

It can workout 1 million for one kid x3 .try igbo babes and some yoruba girls in ebutemetta areas.they like money,all the yoruba girls very near were the sell spareparts have produced for those igbo guys.

Guy you go school at all,I think you need a tutorial which i can give you freely.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Teminio: 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2010
No, contract marriage will not work. The institution of marriage is not meant for Contractors.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by stalliontp(m): 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2010
lol
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by totorimi: 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2010
Contract marriage in Naija, for who and for whom, what is the price. Contract marriage to gain what, to become IBB or uncle Sege's son inlaw abi.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by nomoneydow: 1:14pm On Aug 09, 2010
why not

nigerians girls like money if you can pay 2 millions for each kids why not

www.internationalgraduateloans.com
www.internationalstudentsloans.net
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by matiltomd(f): 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2010
Teminio:

No, contract marriage will not work. The institution of marriage is not meant for Contractors.

Lol,
But please,what is a contract marriage? I'm sorry o!
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by r231(m): 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2010
Teminio:

grin grin grin
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2010
Teminio:

Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2010
matiltom_d:

Lol,
But please,what is a contract marriage? I'm sorry o!
What i meant is having a formal agreement with a lady or gal to live with you, have a number of kids under the agreement and go her way after afterwords, without coming to say hi. Whether money or no money is between both of ya. what is important is the agreement between you both. After which you will be free to, and , do whatever you want.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Spyker: 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2010
Right now i don't think contract marriage will work when girls get pregnant here and there and no man is willing to claim the baby. Even childless couples find it difficult to adopt a child because of closeness to family.

Teminio:

If you say not for contractors, then you are wrong because the Nigerian Government as it is now is government of contractors. Sooner or later, we will be having contract marriages like Otedola/Obasanjo marriage (lol).
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2010
pappy2000:

Guy you go school at all,I think you need a tutorial which i can give you freely.
Na you suppose go school of live,This is not academics is reality.You also need to travel more.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by 0hsisi: 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2010
Go to Brunei,Iran,Bahrain and such places
Temporary marriages are valid there,terms are specified and you part ways after the contract is fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by matiltomd(f): 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2010
kenis:

What i meant is having a formal agreement with a lady or gal to live with you, have a number of kids under the agreement and go her way after afterwords, without coming to say hi. Whether money or no money is between both of ya. what is important is the agreement between you both. After which you will be free to,  and , do whatever you want.

Thanks a whole lot, Doesn't sound inviting to me though,
Don't be surprised if some Nigerian girls accept it, It depends on the individual. I don't support it but if the next person feels OK with it,no big deal. I actually have a friend who says she needs a dude to just impregnate her and that's all. No attachment whatsoever,and she can continue with her life;she's 29 and she still wants that, She doesn't want a husband;just 1 kid and that'll be all,
Different strokes I'd say;one man's joy is another's nightmare,
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Doctore(m): 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2010
sure it can work, if u're willing to offer good returns
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nymphnode(m): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2010
How is a man supposed to take care of three kids, go to work hang out once in a while with guys and stuffs. That's one sick contract to me. It definitely will work for a woman though. Kids are supposed to hang out with their mum so little question will be asked. Imagine a man with 3 kids all the time. People go ask question na.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by truly: 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2010
Nymph node:

How is a man supposed to take care of three kids, go to work hang out once in a while with guys and stuffs. That's one sick contract to me. It definitely will work for a woman though. Kids are supposed to hang out with their mum so little question will be asked. Imagine a man with 3 kids all the time. People go ask question na.
My fear is that this may open a route to some criminal undertaking
Who will ask for these children if the man decides to use them for whatever - prostitution, ritual killing, sexual abuse?
The commercial transaction that produced the children may also point to a lack of emotion on the parents' part
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by efoghorjos: 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2010
But these days with the list of surprises springing never underestimate what people will do for money!
I think I totally agree with this. A lot of people are doing so many unthinkable things these days because of money.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by blueflame1: 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2010
Every Marriage is a contract; It is the terms and conditions that differ for each.

So what u would be looking for is someone who is ok with ur specific case; in any case everything has a price.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by oluagness(m): 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2010
kenis:

Will contract marriage work in Nigeria? Borne (like 3 kids) for me,go and never come back.
Out of your three kids, assuming 2 are female and married, used and dropped after 3children. How will you fill?
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by tlops(m): 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2010
that will not work in nigeria oh, even if the lady agrees in the begining, she will stay put after 3 kids. Even if you pay her off, she'll be back as soon as the money finish, but I dont understand why one will prefer that (i mean wt children).

Contract without children still sounds more like a "contract", as soon as children don enter, that one nah "marriage" be that,

1 Like

Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Funseeka(m): 9:59pm On Aug 09, 2010
Neva say Neva in Naija !!!

What will you call a situation where some single pregnant ladies register with some illegal orphanages for the soul aim of selling their offspring after delivery? After bearing the pains of 9months pregnancy, they sell their babies for as low as N50,000 and sign off. Some orphanages even provide the men that impregnate the ladies so their evil acts would not leak out.

To me, that’s Naija version of marriage contract. Keep a date with Sun Newspaper for updates on this kinda Naija Marriage contract
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by chamotex(m): 10:17pm On Aug 09, 2010
Anything is possible in Nigeria
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 09, 2010
tlops:

that will not work in nigeria oh, even if the lady agrees in the begining, she will stay put after 3 kids. Even if you pay her off, she'll be back as soon as the money finish, but I dont understand why one will prefer that (i mean wt children).
Contract without children still sounds more like a "contract", as soon as children don enter, that one nah "marriage" be that,

Some contract marriage involving money are often a legal agreement (involving lawyers). She is nt ment 2 come back if so stated. She can b sued 4 any voilatn of such rules. There is an expiration date whereby every thing expires but can be renewd under legal agreement.lol. The love, marriage n whteva expires.lol.even you can decide to expire.lol. lol. grin
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by semid4lyfe(m): 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2010
Funseeka:

Neva say Neva in Naija !!!

What will you call a situation where some single pregnant ladies register with some illegal orphanages for the soul aim of selling their offspring after delivery?  After bearing the pains of 9months pregnancy, they sell their babies for as low as N50,000 and sign off. Some orphanages even provide the men that impregnate the ladies so their evil acts would not leak out.

To me, that’s Naija version of marriage contract. Keep a date with Sun Newspaper for updates on this kinda Naija Marriage contract

Well said! There was even a case with one of such orphanages that was bursted and shown on tv a few years back.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by popico(m): 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2010
[/quote][quote author=pappy2000 link=topic=493030.msg6539739#msg6539739 date=1281352866]

I bliv dat contract marriage can work here in 9ja, not necessarily because of d money attarched to it or because of d tribs in question. It's just somthing of d mind.
Some women prefer independent life likewise some men, so in this situation under good understanding and arrangement it can work for people like this.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 09, 2010
chamotex:

Anything is possible in Nigeria

esp when money is involved.

Thing is, the woman would be the one to suffer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Almost Got Killed While Executing A Dieing Man's Wish / Swing Lifestyle / Infidelity - I’m Still In Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.