Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football (7580 Views)

World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People / 9 Most Underrated Players In World Football Right Now / World Football Player Rankings - Useful Tool For Checking On Player Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by cooljoe(m): 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2007
They occupy the left-backs and right-backs position. They support attacks and destroy attacks, they work all day long. A good wingback must be a good runner to enable him/her recover lost grounds after moving forward,  he/she must be an intelligent footballer to enable him/her know when to go forward and when to stay back, they also need a lot of stamina since they will be running for 90 minutes. Am hoping someone will give me another credible candidate and with good reason, but I think the best wingback in world football is arguably Gianluca Zambrotta.

Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by iniowei: 11:37am On Apr 24, 2007
Roberto Carlos for let wingback and Emmanuuel Ebuoe for right wingback.
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by ow11(m): 5:38pm On Sep 23, 2007
Paolo Maldini for me is best left wingback i've seen play but for now i'll add Ashley Cole,Eric Abidal and Phillipp Lahm
on the right, Sagna, Ramos, Alves and Miguel but the greatest i've seen is Cafu.
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by ritchboi: 6:05pm On Sep 23, 2007
gael clichy!
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by touche(m): 11:23pm On Sep 24, 2007
starting 11:
eboue: right wing
evra: left wing

subs:
beletti: right wing
risse: left wing
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by tkb417(m): 11:56am On Sep 25, 2007
And what gives some people the idea that footballers only exist in the premiership. i think ill go with Sagnol and Ashley cole
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by ow11(m): 6:12pm On Sep 25, 2007
tkb417:

And what gives some people the idea that footballers only exist in the premiership. i think ill go with Sagnol and Ashley cole

Because thats all they watch
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by medube(m): 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2007
@cooljoe, perhaps you should change the title of this thread to:

"Who Is The Best Wingbacks in the Premiership?"  grin cheesy

Because most answers seem to be coming from there  grin
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by sirp2007: 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2007

this why most of them give wrong analysis abt football. cool

GUNNERS FOR REAL.U ARE EITHER A GUNNER OR A GONER
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by tkb417(m): 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2007
this why most of them give wrong analysis about football.

GUNNERS FOR REAL.You ARE EITHER A GUNNER OR A GONER

Nah, ure wrong. Im not a Gaynner. Im a Devil. Ashley Cole is a good defender anyday. His love for money is ruining him gradually. I still believe he can hold his own against any attacker anytime.
Although C.Ronaldo and Ronaldinho have dealt with him before.
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by ritchboi: 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2007
Tkb,ur a devil?No wonda.
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by damoche07(m): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2007
have u all forgotten what CAFU has been doing all these years

I will go for Roberto Carlos for the left back position. he has been consistent over the years and his performance against Inter shows he still has sometin to deliver.
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by tkb417(m): 10:59am On Sep 27, 2007
@Richboi
Always a devil
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by dayokanu(m): 8:16am On Sep 28, 2007
Phillip Lahm on both wing plays right and left perfectly. Zambrotta is cool on both sides. Roberto Carlos was excetional too
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by tkb417(m): 8:44am On Sep 28, 2007
Phillip Lahm on both wing plays right and left perfectly. Zambrotta is cool on both sides. Roberto Carlos was excetional too
are we talking about who was exceptional or who is? Phillips Lahm ko, Phillip Cocu ni.
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by bignero: 9:22am On Sep 28, 2007
amanda traore, cool
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by eldee(m): 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2007
i'll go for a)garry neville
b)Dani Alves
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by dayokanu(m): 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2007
@ TKB
Philip Lahm, Zambrotta and Dani Alves are the best in the world right now.
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by tkb417(m): 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2007
@Dayokanu
Dani Alves my yansh. Media hype. Evra is better.
Zambrotta more like it. Phillip Lahm or Cocu?(Lahm ti run down)
Stop yarning ******
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by dayokanu(m): 11:18am On Sep 30, 2007
Evra what I thought you would say something better. Evra that was turned inside out by Birmigham players yesterday? Or the Evra that cant even get a starting shirt in his country. Let him think of a way to bench Abidal first.

Imagine the best left back in the world according to you has less than 10 caps for his country at 26 years old. You are a comedian.

After Lizarazu left he couldnt even get to play instead Abidal came in.
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by tkb417(m): 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2007
@Dayokanu
Evra that was turned my a Birmingham player
You have started your dusts again. So you can never turn a good defender

I wont make you look awful so i reserve comments. You talked about Evra benching Abidal?
Your points always make me sick. Is Fabregas a first team starter for Spain? does that take away the fact hes one of the best in that position?

Your parameters for arguing soccer is making me have a rethink about arguing footie wiv u. Birmingham player turned Evra and blah blah blah.
Sebi u graduate from school bros ee?

Your national goalie is a factory reject at Arsenal. So Almunia is better than Lehman? i no get your time.
Just show a bit of Sagacity when you argue. Ok?
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by tkb417(m): 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2007
Dani Alves my yansh. Media hype. Evra is better.
Zambrotta more like it. Phillip Lahm or Cocu?(Lahm ti run down)
Stop yarni
that is my quote. tell me where you read from me that Evra is the best full back.
mark my words and dont just argue.
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by dayokanu(m): 7:48am On Oct 05, 2007
@ TKB,
Lehmann's record speaks for him he is a very good goalkeeper that has done a lot of great things in football. I wonder what Evra has done in football for his name to appear on this page? Since he came into limelight in Monaco. Less than 10 caps for your country at age 26 and you still think he is worth mentioning.

Mentioning Evra at all is an insult to people like Zambrotta, R.carlos and Phillip Lahm who would hold that left full back position tight anyday.
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by tkb417(m): 9:19am On Oct 05, 2007
Lehmann's record speaks for him he is a very good goalkeeper that has done a lot of great things in football. I wonder what Evra has done in football for his name to appear on this page? Since he came into limelight in Monaco. Less than 10 caps for your country at age 26 and you still think he is worth mentioning.

Mentioning Evra at all is an insult to people like Zambrotta, R.carlos and Phillip Lahm who would hold that left full back position tight anyday.

How old is Danny Alves? Did he just start playing soccer? Playing for France is as huge as playing for brazil if you agree with that. So, what has Danny Alves done to footie to warrant mentioning his name.

Ive said, we should be arguing correctly. I mentioned Evra just immediately i saw Alves name. isnt that the case?
The people i picked are in my past threads. Evra wasnt in my choice.
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by dayokanu(m): 9:54am On Oct 05, 2007
Daniel Alves,

UEFA Cup 2006, 2007
Copa del Rey 2007
UEFA Super Cup 2006
Spanish Super Cup 2007

With Brazil

FIFA World Youth Championship 2003
Copa América 2007
Individual

UEFA Cup Most Valuable Player 2006
UEFA Super Cup Most Valuable Player 2006

Patrice Evra

2003 - Coupe de la Ligue with Monaco
2003 - Ligue 1 with Monaco - Runner Up
2004 - UEFA Champions League with Monaco - Runner Up
2006 - Carling Cup with Manchester United
2007 - FA Premier League with Manchester United
2007 - FA Community Shield with Manchester United

Looking at the awards both players have won you can see that Alves has won 2 personal awards aside club awards which are won collectively by every member of the team. But for UEFA to award him twice with individual honours speaks a lot of the guys abilities.

EVRA debuted for france in 2004 and has 7 caps ask yourself how many games has France played since then and compare it to the number of games where Evra featured Alves debuted for Brazil in October 2006 and has 9 caps then ask yourself how many games has Brazil played since then.

Evra is 26 years Alves is 24 years. Records and facts don't lie
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by tkb417(m): 10:46am On Oct 05, 2007
UEFA Cup personal achievements are now very good yardsticks. Meanwhile, Local titles are wack according to you in another thread.
Inconsistency man, inconsistencies in all your footie analysis.
The last time i checked, Good clubs with good players wont play in UEFA cup, only clubs like Bayern will play in such tongue tongue
Sevilla winning the UEFA cup definitely is a feat for them and a player in der fold winning personal laurels in that comptition isnt out of place. Sevilla just got whooped by Arsenal on the main stage with Danny the major culprit on that nite.
Cincinho is a very good example of what danny exemplifies. Caps for Brazil and after that what happened? Banishment to Roma from Real tongue
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by dayokanu(m): 11:01am On Oct 05, 2007
I would rather play in the UEFA cup and come back to the champions league few seasons later to win like Barcelona, AC Milan who played UEFA cup in 2002 and came to Champions league to win than for me to play champions league all the time and never get to the final save once in 31 years.

What is the use of playing Champions league year in year out and not getting to finals
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by tkb417(m): 11:11am On Oct 05, 2007
ill rather play in UCL year in year out hoping to win it one day than waste money in the UEFA.
Sevilla should come and win it since Ac and barca have done it b4 tongue
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by dayokanu(m): 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2007
ill rather play in UCL year in year out hoping to win it one day

of course you guys would get to the finals again in 2030; 31 years interval grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by tkb417(m): 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2007
'@dayokanu
you guys cant win anything again in europe. Liverpool will come and join you in UEFA soon, and they will make you loose. mark my words
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by dayokanu(m): 7:28am On Oct 10, 2007
@dayokanu
you guys can't win anything again in Europe. Liverpool will come and join you in UEFA soon, and they will make you loose. mark my words

We won more recently both Champions league and UEFA cup Man Utd gets to finals once in 31 years. Because you guys play minnows like Lille and Roma who were playing knockout stage for the 1st time.

Look at it Man U has a poor record against European powerhouse like Madrid, Milan and Munich, As for Bayern we know we have the password to Real Madrid though Milan is a bit too high for us. but take comfort in the fact that Man Utd has a better head to head against Lille and others grin grin grin

Seems like ages when Man Utd eliminated a top team in knock out stages of Champions league so when the big boys come, Man Utd freezes. For the records last year bayern eliminated Real madrid.
Re: Who Is The Best Wingbacks In World Football by tkb417(m): 9:36am On Oct 10, 2007
@dayokanu
Man UTD freezes when they play powerhouse in europe? you dey craze. What about Juve? Barca? and the title winning feat against your team? grin grin grin
Your TV na black and white.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Visits GEJ To Say Thank Him For His Dad's Release / @1960bet Registration wishing you all a greater year ahead / Is Bet9ja Becoming A Scam???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.