Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson (8984 Views)

Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV / Kogi Speaker Momoh Jimoh-Lawal Impeached / Jimoh Ibrahim Begs Christians Nationwide Not To Work On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by AloyEmeka8: 2:05am On Aug 08, 2010
[size=14pt]JIMOH IBRAHIM: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson[/size]
Aug 6th, 2010.

Chairman of Air Nigeria, Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim, has boasted that he is more influential in all ramifications than British business mogul, Richard Branson who once owned 49 percent of Virgin Nigeria. Ibrahim acquired Virgin Nigeria early this year and changed its name to Air Nigeria.

•Jimoh Ibrahim

Asked whether Richard Branson had divested his 49 per cent stake in Air Nigeria, Ibrahim said: “I don’t deal with all those ones. What I am concentrating is on Air Nigeria. We are doing restructuring in Air Nigeria. Air Nigeria is Air Nigeria and not Richard Branson.

“Richard Branson is only one individual and he is doing only one business which is aviation. I am bigger than Richard Branson. Why are you asking about Richard Branson? He is my colleague .What am I going to do with him?

“Currently in Air Nigeria, I control both the Board and Management. Does Richard Branson control anything there? I don’t have any problem with him. He is my friend.”
Ibrahim who was at a reception held in honour of the Falconnets in Abuja on Thursday also disclosed that the airline had concluded plans to add four new aircraft to its fleet before the end of this month.

According to Ibrahim, “Air Nigeria is going to be the dominant flyer in Nigeria. We have ordered for two more aircraft to boost our fleet. This will increase our fleet of aircraft to about eight. An additional two aircraft will be coming before the end of August. This will increase our fleet to 10.
“Air Nigeria is my pride. Our intention is to fly from Lagos to Congo Brazzaville for the first time and we are flying the whole West African Coast. We are now flying to Central Africa. On Sunday we will commence flight to Central Africa. We want to help Africa first before going to London.”
—Simon Ateba

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/08/06/jimoh-ibrahim-i%E2%80%99m-bigger-than-richard-branson/
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by DrKitaun(m): 3:14am On Aug 08, 2010
Jimoh has started digging his own grave !!!

Why has he chosen to believe his own lies ?
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by Nobody: 3:17am On Aug 08, 2010
Nigerians and their narcissim! Why can't he just shut the phuck up and mind his business.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by slap1(m): 6:35am On Aug 08, 2010
This one u r flying here and there don't fly pple into the ocean.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by ajani68: 6:49am On Aug 08, 2010
Yes,he's bigger than him.he came to the rescue of national carrier,he safe many life from labour market by providing food on their table,he will be a good competetor's to arik air soon. To me, bradson or what do u call him can go to hell. All these white men are gold digger , trying to reap where they did not sow. I support the likes of dangote, innosson's motors, femi otedola,adenuga just to mention but a few.am proud of u guys. Am a nigerian to the core, let promote what we have. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by Omolulu(m): 6:58am On Aug 08, 2010
prolly doesnt know the branson he's talking about

Aigbofa:

Nigerians and their narcissim! Why can't he just shut the phuck up and mind his business.

on point!!
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by blacksta(m): 7:25am On Aug 08, 2010
Aigbofa:

True  - The empty vessels make the loudest noise -  I follow Richard branson and i never in my life heard him say he is better than Bill Gates or any other persons.   Genuine businessmen dont have the time and energy for pettiness because it is unproductive obviously jimoh Ibrahim has a lot of time on his hand.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by Jakumo(m): 7:26am On Aug 08, 2010
Yep, that guy sure is FATTER than Richard Branson, but it is highly unlikely that anyone outside Nigeria has ever heard of Mr. Jimoh.  Oh well, he is probably a legend in his own bathroom, which could be considered an accomplishment, I suppose.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 08, 2010
yeah, all us nigerians are driving tokunbo cars are bigger than the original oyibo owners who

waiting for jimohs reality show, spaceship etal cheesy cheesy
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by KnowAll(m): 8:36am On Aug 08, 2010
According to Ibrahim, “Air Nigeria is going to be the dominant flyer in Nigeria. We have ordered for two more aircraft to boost our fleet. This will increase our fleet of aircraft to about eight.  [/b]An additional two aircraft will be coming before the end of August. [b]This will increase our fleet to 10

[size=14pt]I know BA has in excess of 1000 Aeroplanes, Virgin Atlantic is no where near BA but I would not be over exergerating in saying they have in excess of 300 planes. Yet Mr Ibrahim  whose total planes would be 10 by the end of August thinks he is bigger than Branson. Bigger in what sense probably manhood-wise,  blackmen have always being known to be well endowed, on that basis I agree with Messers Jimoh Ibrahim.  [/size]

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by Pukkah: 9:04am On Aug 08, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

[size=14pt]JIMOH IBRAHIM: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson[/size]

“Richard Branson is only one individual and he is doing only one business which is aviation. I am bigger than Richard Branson. Why are you asking about Richard Branson? He is my colleague .What am I going to do with him?

“Currently in Air Nigeria, I control both the Board and Management. Does Richard Branson control anything there? I don’t have any problem with him. He is my friend.”
Ibrahim who was at a reception held in honour of the Falconnets in Abuja on Thursday also disclosed that the airline had concluded plans to add four new aircraft to its fleet before the end of this month.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/08/06/jimoh-ibrahim-i%E2%80%99m-bigger-than-richard-branson/

Firstly, Jimoh Ibrahim should give a blow by blow account of how he came about his riches. And of course, it's childish and needless to compare yourself to anybody in this manner because each person is unique and different. Lastly, I hope Jimoh is aware that the Virgin brand has over 400 companies around the world with a networth, at about 2 years ago, of over £5billion.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by 4Play(m): 9:06am On Aug 08, 2010
Richard Branson is only one individual and he is doing only one business which is aviation
So Branson's conglomerate is exclusively focused on the airline business? What is it about Nigerians and hubris? This man's prominence is only due to fronting businesses in the first place.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by rhymz(m): 9:11am On Aug 08, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]I know BA has in excess of 1000 Aeroplanes, Virgin Atlantic is no where near BA but I would not be over exergerating in saying they have in excess of 300 planes. Yet Mr Ibrahim  whose total planes would be 10 by the end of August thinks he is bigger than Branson. Bigger in what sense probably manhood-wise,  blackmen have always being known to be well endowed, on that basis I agree with Messers Jimoh Ibrahim.  [/size]
. . .hehehehe. . I think he could ve made his statement without sounding so angry at Branson. Branson is very influential not just in the Nigerian aviation industry but in many countries, a man that is wealthy to the tune of billion pounds definitely aint a small fry. Ibrahim too is very wealthy in his own rights, he is got his hands in many businesses from 5 star hotels, oil and gas, manufacturing to now aviation, he definitely aint a small fry either. No need for the braggadocio
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by marcus1234: 9:16am On Aug 08, 2010
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by labiyemmy(m): 9:20am On Aug 08, 2010
The same Branson who spoke so ill of Nigeria and Nigerians and divested his investment in Nigeria - this is the same person Nigerians are praising to high heavens-.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by blacksta(m): 9:27am On Aug 08, 2010
KnowAll:

Incorrect on the highlighted - BA has 241(+47 orders) excl.subsidiaries planes while Virgin has 37 (+31 orders) but this fact does not diminish your overall point - cause Mr Jimoh is still no where near i suspect even the smallest airline in the U.K (fleet and destinations wise ).
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by blacksta(m): 9:29am On Aug 08, 2010
@labiyemmy:

The same Branson who spoke so ill of Nigeria and Nigerians and divested his investment in Nigeria - this is the same person Nigerians are praising to high heavens-.

Haba - The topic is not about Richard branson but about Mr Jimoh who has already arrived at a destination before starting the journey.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by Ibime(m): 9:44am On Aug 08, 2010
Whilst I dont discount the possibility of Jimoh Ibrahim making such inane statements, I believe that this may be a case of journalistic embellishment.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by KnowAll(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2010

[size=14pt]Any International Businessman worth his salt would liquidate their assets in Nigeria and sell up to any risk averse  Nigerian entrepenuer who knows how to manoaver themselves in that jungle,  at least the Nigerian knows the risk of investing in their own country. What happened to all the foreign capital invested in our stock markets gone down the drain. What happened last week at the NSE broke like an arse hole, money siphoned away by greedy and fiddling managers.

If Jimoh Ibrahim is still in business in 10 years time, I would give him a token credit knowing that no matter how long he postpones the stay of execution of his latest business gimmick it is bound to fail sooner rather than later. Was it not only last year when he was mentioned as one of those who drew huge loans in our banks without collataral.

This man is a big scam, when unscrupolous traders like him are giving undue advantage to import scrace items as a monopoly concern, who would not make money running a business like that.

He is just a buy and sell merchant whose contribution to the GDP is neglible, he is not really productive OR helping the economy,  if he manages to en-mass 100 OR $200 million dollars after all that wheeling and dealing they that screaming from the roof tops,  they are worth several billion dollars. Only a fool would fall for this man's cheap bait.

Make una open una eye don't buy his shares when he comes to the market, b4 warned is before win.  [/size]
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by otokx(m): 10:08am On Aug 08, 2010
Let us see how long this Air Nigeria lasts, for now they are not even among the best 2 in Nigeria as for Jimoh Ibrahim - i want to believe he was quoted out of context.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by oderemo(m): 10:22am On Aug 08, 2010
word is cheap.
jimoh is moving into the most competitive buss.the airline,lets see how he manage the board he control. see how crafty he said it
I control both the Board and Management
and that is to me where the problems lies .
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by ravenzord(m): 10:46am On Aug 08, 2010
I'm very sure Jimoh was quoted out of context, at most he must have meant that he had more influence in Air Nigeria than Richard Branson, despite Branson's 49 percent stake.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 08, 2010
@labiyemmy:

this i'm sad to say is classic naija mentality - our government reneged on previous agreements which for him, meant virgin nigeria would no longer constitute a viable enterprise. do you think people are in business to make a loss?

call it praise, call it sycophancy, richard branson is a bigger entrepreneur than jimoh ibrahim and alot of other so called nigerian moguls

richard branson, bill gates, micheal dell, steve jobs , these men al have clear trackable success stories. one can read anywhere how they started with a school paper, or a company of 18 employees.

people like jimoh ibrahim just materialize out of nowhere - obviously managing some of nigeria's looted money.

jimoh ibrahm is one of the most embarrasing excuses for a business man in this country

attention seeking dolt. he should just start a reality show so he can get all the attention he wants instead of speaking rubbish on papers people pay god money for
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by AloyEmeka8: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2010
You people don't have an idea of how much Jimoh has and there is a possibility that he is bigger than Richard Branson(hypothetically). The words of his mouth shall come to be in Jesus name.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2010
^^^

see aloy falling my hand - comparing a 2 bit bank debtor so called petroleum marketer failed insurance business man with richard branson cheesy cheesy
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2010
wallahi i can't understand where jimoh got his money from. i heard him giving a lecture to his staffe once, he sounde like a lunatic. maybe he's an id.iot savant. . .
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by EzeUche22(m): 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2010
Who in their right mind would want to do business in Nigeria? I actually thought Richard Branson was crazy for this. And Jimoh Ibrahim is a nobody. Who even knows about him outside of Nigeria? You can't even compare the two.

Nigerian men and their overblown sense of worth. Who is he? undecided
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by mbulela: 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2010
Jimoh Ibrahim??
Only those who never heard about the Bayelsa MILAD who had a terminal illness years back will believe the hype around Jimoh.
There are so many holes in his success stories that should alarm any discerning individual.
But this is naija, it does not matter.
Yet, he should not insult our senses with his c r a p comments
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by AloyEmeka8: 7:29pm On Aug 08, 2010
oyb:

^^^

see aloy falling my hand - comparing a 2 bit bank debtor so called petroleum marketer failed insurance business man with richard branson  cheesy cheesy

And you think the likes of Richard Branson do not owe banks?. The truth is that you don't know how much Jimoh is worth. Was it not the other time that Forbes listed Oprah as the richest black person and later it was uncovered that Dangote is 2x richer than Oprah. Taking the uneven surfaces in Nigeria's business climate into account, Jimoh may be richer than Branson. Believe it or not.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by AloyEmeka8: 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2010
oyb:

call it praise, call it sycophancy, richard branson is a bigger entrepreneur than jimoh ibrahim and alot of other so called nigerian moguls

richard branson, bill gates, micheal dell, steve jobs , these men al have clear trackable success stories. one can read anywhere how they started with a school paper, or a company of 18 employees.

I guess you are magnifying the size of the aforementioned because they are white and foreign. I guess Jimoh & co  are  local and that's why they worth nothing before you. Let me tell you, time shall come when all these men you mentioned above will come to Nigeria to beg Jimoh or Dangote for bail out money.

And if you want Jimoh's autobiography, you will find it. He made money overnight just like mayor Michael Bloomberg made his own overnight.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2010
Jimoh Ibrahim again!
Thought I had heard enough from him: http://jarus.blog.com/2010/05/07/an-uncommon-billionaire/

mbulela:

Only those who never heard about the Bayelsa MILAD who had a terminal illness years back will believe the hype around Jimoh.
Gist me bros
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I’m Bigger Than Richard Branson by Depilot(m): 11:50pm On Aug 08, 2010
Who is Jimoh Ibrahim? Is he Mike Adenuga?
If he's not, then something serious must be wrong with his head.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon / PWC Audit:Kola Aluko And Jide Omokore Given $7bn Assets By Diezanni Madueke / Addressing Some Fact Nnamdi Kalu Raised On His Radio Bruhaha - Ayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.