Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,107 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:03 AM

Share Your Views About Ramadan Here - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Share Your Views About Ramadan Here (3027 Views)

Views About Mufti Ismail Menk / Caliphate Declaration, Your Views / The Muslim News. <Just Your Views pls> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by Onaolamipo: 6:17pm On Aug 08, 2010
I would like to call on all musilm umah worldwide to share their views through this forum.

Its likely to start the fasting on Tuesday if the moon is sighted on Monday.

HAPPY RAMADAN IN ADVANCE
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by javalove(m): 11:34am On Aug 09, 2010
Salam Alykun

Ramadan for me this year, will be an entirely nre experience as this will be my first outside Nigeria. I now live and work with the AU in Addis Ababa. It looks like it will be a good one as there are lots of muslims here and there is a big mosque beside my office (just returned from zuhr now).

The weather here is too cold for som1 coming from west africa. It fluctuates between 8 and 15 degrees so I have to wear gloves and jackets to work almost everyday. The good thing is that it will be favorable for Ramadan.

And I have outlined how my Quranic recitation will be done. Since I have the booklet quran (the 30 parts), I will take one booklet to office everyday. Each booklet contains 10 leaves (20 pages). When I go for Zuhr, I wull ensure I read 5 leaes (10 pages) and will complete the remaining during Asr prayers. This will enable me finish the whole Qur'an (Insha Allah) during Ramadan.

The challenge for me her will be Sahur. Although there is a Nigerian resturant but I might only be having my Iftar there.

I rember last year, we had a Nairalanders Iftar organised by jarus and it was fun. This year, I hope you guys organise it again. If I was in Naija, I would have loved to host you all for it. . .but Allah knows best.

Well, I guess thats all. . .

And if any Nairalander here is in Addis, please hit me up on lukman@jajitech.net

Salam Alykun
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by Kabikala(m): 11:38am On Aug 09, 2010
Ramadan for me this year, will be an entirely nre experience as this will be my first outside Nigeria. I now live and work with the AU in Addis Ababa. It looks like it will be a good one as there are lots of muslims here and there is a big mosque beside my office (just returned from zuhr now).

Hi javalove,
I am also in Addis at the moment and would like to know whether there is any good Nigerian restaurant anywhere here. I and 4 of my colleagues are here for a 3-week training and we are getting really homesick after only one week here when we still have two more weeks to go. Please assist.
Two of my colleagues are Muslims and I would ask them to link up with you. I am not.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by javalove(m): 11:46am On Aug 09, 2010
Kabikala:

Hi javalove,
I am also in Addis at the moment and would like to know whether there is any good Nigerian restaurant anywhere here. I and 4 of my colleagues are here for a 3-week training and we are getting really homesick after only one week here when we still have two more weeks to go. Please assist.
Two of my colleagues are Muslims and I would ask them to link up with you. I am not.

Salam Alykun

Really?? Please send ur phone number to my mail. I will cal you right away.

Yes there is a 9ja resturant opposite the AU. Its called the 9ja place. The only challenge there is that its expensive. Imagine spendinf 100 Birr on One wrap of Amala and 2 meat. . .lol. . .anywayz, it will be fun to hang out with you.

I am expecting your number so I can cal you. My driver can come pick u guys wherever u are. . .

Salam
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by fxskye: 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2010
Rahmadan in this will be of a great one.
Our national prayers is that May Allah weaken the strength of powerful, selfish individual nigerians in their personalities & groups.
May we live to see this prayer answered comes may after 2011 pools.

All Ex-military Muslims Politicians should refrain themselves from contesting in 2011 pools, especially IBB.

Rahamadan Kareem
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by PurestBoy(m): 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2010
Just one moment of holiness and another 11 months of sinful ways.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by sayso: 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2010
soldiers of GOD according to Christain Amanpor
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by zaragoza(m): 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2010
when is the ramadan holiday coming up?
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by shood(m): 2:25pm On Aug 09, 2010
ramadan is a blessed month, this coming one i will sure do catch mi blessing.assalamu alaikum.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by azharuddin: 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2010
Narrated Sahl:

The Prophet said, "There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who observe fasts will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said, 'Where are those who used to observe fasts?' They will get up, and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it."
[Sahih Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 31, Number 120]

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink (i.e. Allah will not accept his fasting.)"
[Sahih Bukhari:Volume 3, Book 31, Number 127]

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said, 'All the deeds of Adam's sons (people) are for them, except fasting which is for Me, and I will give the reward for it.' Fasting is a shield or protection from the fire and from committing sins. If one of you is fasting, he should avoid sexual relation with his wife and quarreling, and if somebody should fight or quarrel with him, he should say, 'I am fasting.' By Him in Whose Hands my soul is' The unpleasant smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. There are two pleasures for the fasting person, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time when he will meet his Lord; then he will be pleased because of his fasting."
[Sahih Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 31, Number 128]
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by 2busy: 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2010
one can experience an oustanding ramadan when we plan before the commencement of ramandan
and try to check all your act of ibadah.
see a sample checlist attached.
Have a nice ramadan
massalam

Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by seedord247(m): 2:54pm On Aug 09, 2010
I can't wait for this month of blessing to come. Ramadhan My Fellow Muslim
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by tunde1200(m): 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2010
Ahlan Wasalam Wamoriaba , Yah Ramadan . this month shaetan is in cage for the whole month of ramadan please pray well and be dedicated to helping the needy. ma salam
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by 2busy: 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2010
there's also a book in this site very useful for planning in ramadan
http://www.outstandingramadan.com
too heavy to be attached here
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by blank(f): 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2010
Would like to know when the Ramadan will be coming up so i can plan for the public holiday.
Thank you.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 5:38pm On Aug 09, 2010
HERE IS A PRAYER RECOMMENDED BY THE PROPHET (SAW) FOR ALL DURING FASTING: "ALLAHUMMA INNAKA AFUWWUN TUIBUL AFUWA FA'FUANNI" MEANING: "O ALLAH, YOU ARE THE FORGIVER; YOU LOVE TO FORGIVE, PLEASE FORGIVE ME."

RAMADHAN KAREEM TO ALL NAIRALANDERS. . . . . MA SALAM
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by oluagness(m): 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2010
How I wish Ramadan is made ten months instead of one month. We will have more faithful months
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by Ruq: 6:48pm On Aug 09, 2010
why do we really need to fast?? Please someone should tell me how confident they are that islam is the right way! i hve stoped praying now Ramadan is close i don't think i will partake.

I don't know what happened to me i just started having doubts about religions entirely!

There is noway you will ask an imam which is the way forward he will tell you its islam same thing a pastor will tell you its christanity now am just confused
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by OMAALE(m): 7:01pm On Aug 09, 2010
RAMADAN KARIM MAY allah shower hi mercies on us[i] Ammeeeeennnn[/i]
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by reindeer: 8:28pm On Aug 09, 2010
Ramadan?

The month when mooslims skip lunch and then share sweet ram meat at the end. grin
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by usbcable(m): 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2010
blank:

Would like to know when the Ramadan will be coming up so i can plan for the public holiday.
Thank you.
it commences on wednesday 11-08-2010 and the eid l fitr (public) holidays will be on 9th & 10 of september 2010.

Ramadan Kareem.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by GlobalD2: 3:28am On Aug 10, 2010
Welcome Ramadan, ! The month of purification and worshipping.

Wishing that the spirit of Ramadan be with everyone of us today and always! Ramadan Mubarak.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by javalove(m): 4:22am On Aug 10, 2010
Ruq:

why do we really need to fast??  Please someone should tell me how confident they are that islam is the right way! i hve stoped praying now Ramadan is close i don't think i will partake.

I don't know what happened to me i just started having doubts about religions entirely!

There is noway you will ask an imam which is the way forward he will tell you its islam same thing a pastor will tell you its christanity now am just confused

Hello My Brother. Yes we need to fast. We are not fasting for God but our own souls. Its for purity of the mind and body and brings us closer to our creator.

I think you should have a study of religions. Study Islam, Xtianity based on common sense. You will find out the truth yourself. Millions are converting every year despite all the efforts of the west to project us in a bad light.

If you have any doubts or questions, please email me on lukman@jajitech.net

May Allah's peace and blessings be with you

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by VPersie: 4:59am On Aug 10, 2010
whats up with those folks in Afghanistan killing 10 medical WORKERS? Please remember them in your ramadan prayers.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by Akosbaba(m): 5:49am On Aug 10, 2010
^^^these ones can't even respect the holy month,astagafurullahi
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by tolu001: 10:45am On Aug 10, 2010
@ Ruq get a copy of the Quran and the bible, read through with an open mind, and u shall know the truth
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by tomelistic(f): 11:24am On Aug 10, 2010
azharuddin:

Narrated Sahl:

The Prophet said, "There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who observe fasts will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it.[b] It will be said, 'Where are those who used to observe fasts?' They will get up, and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it
."[Sahih Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 31, Number 120]

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said, 'All the deeds of Adam's sons (people) are for them, except fasting which is for Me, and I will give the reward for it.' Fasting is a shield or protection from the fire and from committing sins. If one of you is fasting, he should avoid sexual relation with his wife and quarreling, and if somebody should fight or quarrel with him, he should say, 'I am fasting.' By Him in Whose Hands my soul is' The unpleasant smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. There are two pleasures for the fasting person, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time when he will meet his Lord; then he will be pleased because of his fasting."
[Sahih Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 31, Number 128]

lol, wat happened to someone who never had opportunity of fasting all his life until death, wen they call those that fasted to enter through d kind gate, will he stand up too or is there another gate for such person?

'if somebody should fight or quarrel with him, he should say, 'I am fasting' did allah really say that? jezzzz so other days if sombody should fight or quarell with u, finish the person afterall ur nt fasting. God wat kind of unbalanced religion is this, do u guys really ask questions about some rules in ur religion for Gods sake. all the best shaa. lol
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by chakula: 11:26am On Aug 10, 2010
O Allaah, Keep us alive till the coming of Ramadhaan and accept it from us! Indeed, You are The Hearing The Knowing!
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by 2busy: 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2010
The first thing we must realize is that Allah subhanu wa ta’ala has made certain times, places, and actions more blessed than others. For example, the Prophets (alayhim assalaam) were not like other people, the cities of Makkah and Medinah are not like other cities, and Jummah is not like other days of the week. In the same vein, the month of Ramadan is not the same as other months. One of Allah’s greatest gifts to mankind that He created a month that is equal to a thousand in blessing. It is out of His kindness that He has gave us something to look forward to; a period of time to be spiritually revived after a long year of internal struggle. Indeed, this is something to be grateful for.
There are many benefits to Ramadan and not all can be enumerated. For the sake of time and space, we have limited the list to the above points, and Allah knows best.
[i]“Whoever fasts in Ramadan with Eman and wants reward from Allah will have all his sins forgiven”(Bukhari)[/i]Many of us have heard this hadeeth at least once before, but how many of us take it seriously? Imagine, right before you is the chance to have every sin of yours forgiven! What an opportunity!
Let’s get started on what we can do to make sure you capitalize on every second this month has to offer.
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by Ak4ril(m): 12:52pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ramadan kareem to my fellow brothers & sisters in Islam. We should start fasting hopefully by tomorrow, may Allah give us the strength to fast in the great month
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by ymozay: 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2010
Oh Allah grant us long life to witness this RAMADAN
Re: Share Your Views About Ramadan Here by ishow2005(m): 5:24pm On Aug 10, 2010
May the experiences of this month be learned, reflected upon, and extended into the future. Ramadan Mubarak + Salam

(1) (2) (Reply)

Specific Dikr To Recite After Each Fardh Salah In Ramadan. / Is Shisha Haram? / Ramadan Reminders!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.