Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth (3780 Views)

Ask For Spiritual Sight By Pastor Adeboye / Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons / Where Can I Locate A Spiritualist In Nigeria To Seek For Spiritual Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by LoveKing(m): 4:01pm On Apr 17, 2007
The Church is so rigid about Sex.

Sexual Freedom is necessary for Spiritual Growth. So be free about sex and having sex. God made it from the beginning and he wants us to enjoy it.
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by orewen(f): 9:14am On Apr 18, 2007
i can see u 've gon nut
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by orewen(f): 9:15am On Apr 18, 2007
i can see u 've gone nut
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by nossycheek(f): 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2007
LoveKing:

The Church is so rigid about Sex.

Sexual Freedom is necessary for Spiritual Growth. So be free about sex and having sex. God made it from the beginning and he wants us to enjoy it.

Sex is only allowed among married couple and hinders spiritual growth in the contrary. Being free in the context of your thread negates the purpose of creation of sex by God.

IT IS FOR THE MARRIED PLEASE AND NOT EVEN AT ALL TIMES.

There are times you need to stay off sex even as couples to be "clean" and go to God in prayers. It is not food. Spiritual Growth is attained by doing the will of God. Flee from sin!
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by goodguy(m): 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2007
nossycheek:

There are times you need to stay off sex even as couples to be "clean" and go to God in prayers.

While I totally agree with your other points, I seem to have a problem with this one.  Are you saying indirectly that couples that have sex are committing a sin during the intercourse session?
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by LoveKing(m): 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2007
nossycheek:

Sex is only allowed among married couple and hinders spiritual growth in the contrary. Being free in the context of your thread negates the purpose of creation of sex by God.

IT IS FOR THE MARRIED PLEASE AND NOT EVEN AT ALL TIMES.

There are times you need to stay off sex even as couples to be "clean" and go to God in prayers. It is not food. Spiritual Growth is attained by doing the will of God. Flee from[i] sin[/i] (emphasis mine)!

Ehen! so sex is now a sin!
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 18, 2007
AIDS is real my man. tone down your libido before you wound. Efrebor!!!
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by LoveKing(m): 9:24am On Apr 19, 2007
ziddy:

AIDS is real my man. tone down your libido before you wound. Efrebor!!!

you go wound oh!
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by nossycheek(f): 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2007
goodguy:

While I totally agree with your other points, I seem to have a problem with this one. Are you saying indirectly that couples that have sex are committing a sin during the intercourse session?

Get me right! All I said that at times when you want to attain some spiritual height and go before God in prayers, maybe in dry fasting, couples may have to abstain although with consent from both parties.
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by TayoD(m): 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2007
@nossycheek,

Get me right! All I said that at times when you want to attain some spiritual height and go before God in prayers, maybe in dry fasting, couples may have to abstain although with consent from both parties.

I am not sure I will say it the way you did. In any case, Paul encourages abstinence during a time of fasting and praying - 1 Corinthians 7:5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by MP007(m): 7:18am On Apr 20, 2007
sex within a marriage , YES, outside of marriage .NO!
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by PoDeep(m): 9:12am On Apr 20, 2007
Apostle Paul never had sex, didn't he still grow spiritually?
Please, sex is for d flesh & flesh alone, & thats it.
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by LoveKing(m): 9:20am On Apr 20, 2007
Po Deep:

Apostle Paul never had sex, didn't he still grow spiritually?
Please, sex is for d flesh & flesh alone, & thats it.

Paul had constant struggle with sexual urges (dont ask me where it is in the bible i wont even answer you) but yes he grew spiritually but do you know the extent of his growth
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by LoveKing(m): 9:21am On Apr 20, 2007
@ po deep

stop pointing out what u dont know!!

how did you know he never had sex? before or after his conversion?
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by PoDeep(m): 10:08am On Apr 20, 2007
@loveking
Ok, lets even assume he did have sex but like u said, maybe b4 his conversion so it can't have brought about spiritual growth,ok?
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by LoveKing(m): 3:01pm On Apr 20, 2007
Po Deep:

@loveking
Ok, lets even assume he did have sex but like u said, maybe before his conversion so it can't have brought about spiritual growth,ok? emphasis mine

This is not a direct statement and assumption is wrong in all cases because we are not sure of Paul's sexuality.
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by angelchi(f): 3:11pm On Apr 20, 2007
i wonder where u got it frm dat sex is gud 4 spiritual growth, bt even if na true does it mean u will sleep with every girl 2 grow spiritually? pls.
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by LoveKing(m): 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2007
angelchi:

i wonder where u got it frm that sex is good 4 spiritual growth, bt even if na true does it mean u will sleep with every girl 2 grow spiritually? please.

Just have constant pure sex!
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by osegwu(m): 3:38pm On Apr 20, 2007
Another freak on board
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by DeepSoul(f): 4:13pm On Apr 20, 2007
Kolomental
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by DeepSoul(f): 4:14pm On Apr 20, 2007
This is not even a topic up for debate. Wondering why some pple r tryin 2 do just that!
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by sketch18(m): 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2007
LoveKing ,
na wow for you! wetin you dey talk?
i think ill let this one past by be and just say that whatever your saying you phrased it wrongly and if what you are saying, is what you are saying. thaen i guess i need and every one else needs to respect that and to understand a bit more on how you feel the way you do,

Many thanks

Sketch
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by spoilt(f): 4:59pm On Apr 20, 2007
i alway knew it was! grin
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by pati(f): 9:44pm On Apr 20, 2007
@loveking u re on ur own lipsrsealed
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by Chiangel1(f): 10:26pm On Apr 20, 2007
Meen!! 4 real, dis is not a topic to debate about. U know d truth, dont try to make others sin by saying wat dey aint meant 2 say. Peace out!!!
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by slazzy(m): 10:34pm On Apr 20, 2007
obviously premarital sex is a sin, the issue of hiv/aids should even make everyone zip up. Sex was ordained by God for procreation and not for fun as most people see it nowadays. So my stand on this is that we all keep away from premarital sex as it can ruin you. We can all do without sex.
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by hannydarl(f): 11:02pm On Apr 20, 2007
Sex is allowed for married couples only it is a good and perfect gift from God himself and married people dont have to feel guilty if they do it everyday God did not make a time table for it .
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by jagalo(m): 12:24pm On Apr 21, 2007
Hannydarl, i totally agree with you. There is no time table for sex for those in marriage. Sex is preodained by God to perpetaute Mankind. In marriage, between the married couple, sex is holy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy it does not in any way hamper spiritual growth cheesy grin. And in marriage, sex can be turned as a means to communicate with God (prayer) and it can be more effective as fasting and praying if sanctified and offered to God. grin grin cheesy cheesy . sex is a prayer and it is holy only in marriage. So if anyboby wants to be holy and wants to turn sex into a powerful prayer that can move mountains let him/her wait until marriage. cool cool grin grin cheesy

coded
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by honeric01(m): 8:32pm On Apr 21, 2007
Sex is the best bond for a married man and woman, thats what brings them more fixed into one another, that's why its recommended for only married couple
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by Gheorghe(m): 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2007
hell fire for u man
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by LoveKing(m): 7:37pm On Apr 23, 2007
@ a'll

The topic is not offensive. It calls for reasoning.
Re: Sex Is Important For Spiritual Growth by moondust(m): 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2007
next time u want 2 have sex wy not invite ur pastor over to watch, kolo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Do Christian Worship - God, Jesus Or Their Pastors? / Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! / Happy Birthday To Mummy Peace Ibiyeomie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.