Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,563 members, 7,801,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? (19514 Views)

Don / Who Is Nigeria's Most Respected Statesman (dead Or Alive)? / Picture Of President Obasanjo Kissing A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 09, 2010
Please someone just sent me this news oh, that president obj has just been assassinated at his home in Ota, ogun state, can anyone confirm that?
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by KnowAll(m): 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2010
They would have to kill all the godogodo’s around his house, if wishes were horses beggars would ride.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by mrofficial(m): 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2010
Me too

"BREAKING NEWS:Former President of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo has been assasinated in his home town in Ogun state by unknown gun men. He was confirmed dead at the General Hospital Ota, Ogun state few hours after his convoy was ambushed"

undecided
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by alfchye(m): 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2010
I got same message, But I do not believe any, that man occultic power will never allow them get to him outside his house , talk more of inside hise house
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by kenifeh(m): 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2010
If this is true, who is the first suspect that comes to your mind?
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by mrofficial(m): 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2010
kenifeh:

If this is true, who is the first suspect that comes to your mind?

One and only IBB
grin grin grin
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by jamace(m): 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2010
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by ehiabj(f): 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2010
Yes one and only Baba
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by clefstone(m): 2:49pm On Aug 09, 2010
What is your source.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by Fhemmmy: 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2010
Nigeriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by Jakumo(m): 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2010
But but he can't be dead, since he hasn't yet refunded the 16 billion US dollars he stole out of the federal  electricity generation budget, during the closing months of his tenure as Nigeria's looter-in-chief.

Don't bury that stiff yet !  He owes money !
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by jamace(m): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2010
Somebody should please confirm this story.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by Charlytal: 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2010
Hello All! General Obasanjo is very very much alive!! Disregard the story circulating on twitter and BBM's! OBJ still dey kampe!!! Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by Fhemmmy: 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2010
Jakumo:

But but he can't be dead, since he hasn't yet refunded the 16 billion US dollars he stole out of the federal  electricity generation budget, during the closing months of his tenure as Nigeria's looter-in-chief.

Don't bury that stiff yet !  He owes money !

Lol
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 09, 2010
pls confirm this report.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by nastydamus(m): 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2010
Baba Iyabo! Are you dead? Tell the people your status. grin grin grin
I trust he is probably ingesting some properly prepared bush meat as we speak (or type).
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by honeric01(m): 5:19pm On Aug 09, 2010
UMARU UMARU, TELL NIGERIANS YOU ARE NOT DEAD

OBOJE OBOJE, TELL NIGERIANS YOU ARE NOT DEAD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by Chxta(m): 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2010

1 Like

Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by jamace(m): 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2010
Baba dey kampe o. No shaking. grin grin
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by philip0906(m): 6:09pm On Aug 09, 2010
People like am no dey quick die. . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2010
philip0906:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 09, 2010
philip0906:

Because Nigerians deserve more torture grin grin
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by knotty(m): 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2010
I’m alive, says Obasanjo…debunks death rumour

y Gbenga Akinwunmi

ABEOKUTA – Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Monday, refuted the rumour that he had been shot dead by assassins.

“I dey kampe,” meaning ‘I am alive and well’, said Obasanjo jocularly in pidgin English in a telephone interview.

“This morning I went to do community work at Pakoto near Ifo.

“I have since returned to Abeokuta and have attended a meeting on the (Presidential) library”, Obasanjo said.

He thanked all those who had expressed concern over his safety, adding that in the belief of his Yoruba people, it meant that he still has many more years to live.

Confusion today gripped the nation particularly residents of Ogun State following the rumor that the former President was assassinated by unknown gunmen in his private residence, Obasanjo Hill Top, in Abeokuta, broke today and had spread across the land.

The confusion reached its climax when all efforts of the Journalists in the State at getting across the Ota farmer through his phone proved abortive at the initial stage.

Chief Olusegun Obasanjo with his daughter, Esther during her engagement ceremony held Saturday, in Abeokuta.

But the former president who spoke to Journalists in a telephone interview debunked the rumor as he explained that he was calling from his office in Agbeloba, Abeokuta North Local Government area of Ogun State.

In was learnt that relatives in the neighboring states , especially Lagos and Oyo States were already calling their Relations in the Capital city to find out if the former President had been murdered.

Obasanjo, on Saturday, gave out the hand of one of his daughters, Miss Bunmi, in marriage in Abeokuta, the occasion which was attended by dignitaries across and beyond the shore of Nigeria.

The Ota farmer, who described the rumor as mere fallacy confirmed the rumor about his death, saying “I also heard that I am dead, I am alive.”

According to him, “Thank you for taking the trouble to find out, I think you can recognize my voice, I am in my office at Agbeloba, thank you for taking time to find out. I also heard that I am dead, I am alive.”
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by knotty(m): 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2010
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/09/im-alive-says-obasanjo-debunks-death/

ebora of Owu lives.

he is so called for nothing, certainly he must have a few tricks up his long sleeves before he is addressed as such.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by Omobacom: 1:01am On Nov 09, 2012
ORACLE DEY DIE? Na play Una Dey..
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by Omobacom: 1:12am On Nov 09, 2012
Death fit kill Death? Abegi make una yan another tori jo.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by bdyke: 5:26am On Nov 09, 2012
Assa wat? Super story!! They can never get him. D baba is somethng else.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by tchaik(m): 8:16am On Nov 09, 2012
@Redmosquito, pls let Minion confirm from Hades! grin grin
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by Redmosquito(m): 8:32am On Nov 09, 2012
Minion: Ur Wickedness! Is Obasanjo really dead?
Hades: Obasanjo?! Dead ke?! Impossible!
Minion:But my King! No Mortal is beyond death
Hades: Dont you know?! Obasanjo is no mere mortal. People like Obasanjo dont die, they multiply
Minion: Oh my King! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by Mcleo007(m): 12:50pm On Nov 09, 2012
Redmosquito: Minion: Ur Wickedness! Is Obasanjo really dead?
Hades: Obasanjo?! Dead ke?! Impossible!
Minion:But my King! No Mortal is beyond death
Hades: Dont you know?! Obasanjo is no mere mortal. People like Obasanjo dont die, they multiply
Minion: Oh my King! shocked

I opened this thread hoping to read ur quasi-dialogues, and yes, i found u at it. grin

1 Like

Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by wizkidayodeji: 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2014
Re: Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? by ProfessorPeter(m): 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
kenifeh: If this is true, who is the first suspect that comes to your mind?
My late father

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governors Fayose, Wike Storm Uyo For Akwa Ibom At 30 Celebration (Photos) / If I Speak, Nigeria Will Boil Says ANN Chairman / FG Hasn’t Suspended Livestock Transformation Plan —presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.