Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,355 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour (3877 Views)

Biafra Leader Nnamdi Kanu's Death Rumour Surfaces As DSS Refuse To Produce Him / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families / I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by matoyeh(m): 8:16pm On Aug 09, 2010
ABEOKUTA –  Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Monday, refuted the rumour that he had been shot dead by assassins.
“I dey kampe,” meaning ‘I am alive and well’,  said Obasanjo jocularly  in pidgin English in a telephone interview.
“This morning I went to do community work at Pakoto near Ifo.
“I have since returned to Abeokuta and have attended a meeting on the  (Presidential) library”, Obasanjo said.
He thanked all those who had expressed concern over his safety, adding that in the belief of his Yoruba people, it meant that he still has many more years to live.
Confusion today gripped the nation particularly residents of Ogun State following the rumor that the former President was assassinated by unknown gunmen in his private residence, Obasanjo Hill Top, in Abeokuta, broke today and had spread across the land.
The confusion reached its climax when all efforts of the Journalists in the State at getting across the Ota farmer through his phone proved abortive at the initial stage.

Chief Olusegun Obasanjo with his daughter, Esther during her engagement ceremony held Saturday, in Abeokuta.
But the former president who spoke to Journalists in a telephone interview debunked the rumor as he explained that he was calling from his office in Agbeloba, Abeokuta North Local Government area of Ogun State.
In was learnt that relatives in the neighboring states , especially Lagos and Oyo States were already calling their Relations in the Capital city to find out if the former President had been murdered.
Obasanjo, on Saturday, gave out the hand of one of his daughters, Miss Bunmi, in marriage in Abeokuta, the occasion which was attended by dignitaries across and beyond the shore of Nigeria.
The Ota farmer, who described the rumor as mere fallacy confirmed the rumor about his death, saying “I also heard that I am dead, I am alive.”
According to him, “Thank you for taking the trouble to find out, I think you can recognize my voice, I am in my office at Agbeloba, thank you for taking time to find out. I also heard that I am dead, I am alive.”

Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by SHEAU(m): 11:44am On Aug 10, 2010
OBJ, a cat with nine lives shocked
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by sammytb(m): 11:50am On Aug 10, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmm baba o never dies,
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by Mohr(m): 11:54am On Aug 10, 2010
Long Live Baba! Who can kill you except God has permitted it
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by delwu(m): 12:03pm On Aug 10, 2010
one of the most HAMSOME, yeah HAMSOME guys around grin
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by tjskii(f): 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2010
SHEAU:

OBJ, a cat with nine lives  shocked]

A very ugly cat
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by Exponental(m): 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2010
Actor no dey die.
the stupid boss wants his alive before he kills him.
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by onyengbu1(m): 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2010
tjskii:

A very ugly cat

"Your Papa wey fine, he don be president before?" grin grin grin

I am not referring to you. That is a quote attributed to one time imo state governor when he is replying students who said that he is ugly.
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by hackney(m): 2:26pm On Aug 10, 2010
Hard man na hard man.
Forget talk.
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2010
Rumour?
no smoke without fire shocked
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by favouredjb(f): 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2010
baba don jazz up,he has ayeta on his body,odeshi grin grin
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by kaiosama(m): 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2010
OBJ, old soldier never die. life is sweet
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by Akuviv: 3:30pm On Aug 10, 2010
Thank God Obj is still alive!
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by chrisford(m): 3:39pm On Aug 10, 2010
This is the Big Boss Man,na your way oooh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by snowdrops(m): 3:50pm On Aug 10, 2010
should be sent to prison for the rest of his life
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 10, 2010
camelot:

Rumour?
no smoke without fire shocked
and what is the smoke here ?
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by marcus1234: 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2010
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by googles: 4:15pm On Aug 10, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Who wants our obasanjo dead na ?
cheesy
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 10, 2010
googles:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Who wants our obasanjo dead na ?
cheesy
must be Atiku or Ibb
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by cyril10(m): 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2010
Baba no go die unless to ba di arugbo.
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by googles: 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

must be Atiku or Ibb

hehehe their plan don fail

they dont know Oby is the real okija-juju of nigeria  cheesy
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2010
cyril10:

Baba no go die unless to ba di arugbo.
ROTFLMAO
googles:

hehehe their plan don fail

they dont know Oby is the real okija-juju of nigeria  cheesy

haba. . .obj is a confimed christain so i heard,infact he boasts of a qualification in theology.lol
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by Ranoscky(m): 4:59pm On Aug 10, 2010
Omo men, Obasanjo too ugly abeg, ahn-ahn, wetin? undecided

D uglyness can lead 1 to suicide!
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by Demdem(m): 5:05pm On Aug 10, 2010
[quote author=snowdrops link=topic=494207.msg6548141#msg6548141 date=1281451810]
should be sent to prison for the rest of his life
[/quoTE]

wHY?
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by Ranoscky(m): 5:16pm On Aug 10, 2010
Dia was a tym a heard dat Obasanjo was complainin about d hardship in Nigeria, n he said he want's to travel to "Obodo oyibo" for "GREENER PASTURE", is it true? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed (No b me talkam O, i hia say dem say!)
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by EzeUche22(m): 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2010
Thought Yorubas didn't like OBJ?

All I am seeing his high praise for this looter by these Nigerians.
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by Abayomin70(m): 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2010
obasabjo no one can kill him except GOD na everybody no dat one two much jassssssssss
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2010
chimpaaa!!!
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by eros(m): 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2010
His day will come. angry angry angry angry
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by faithin9ja: 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2010
the least worst head of state Nigeria has ever had,
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by lightheart(m): 6:52pm On Aug 10, 2010
i fink it wz 'Rentaghost' dey called it bak den. wia dey culd disapper by holdin dia nose!! nid I say further??
Re: I’m Alive, Says Obasanjo…debunks Death Rumour by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 10, 2010
I like the man sha!

With all his short comings, he still have one good quality that stands him out among his peers and that is his ability to stand firm on issues no matter whose horse is gored. He is not a sitting on the fence guy.

Every family needs a senior elder for advice and counseling i believe Nigeria as a family still needs people like obj.

May God grant him more years.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"no Wahala " Which Language Is It Hausa, Yoruba Or Pigin English / Opposition Cannot Spoon-Feed The Government - ACN / Buhari Will Not Rule Nigeria Even If He Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.