Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Bought With A High Price - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bought With A High Price (571 Views)

Photos: A Church Shaped Like A High-heeled Shoe In Taiwan / Is It Normal For Pastors To Use A High Life Music Quotes/line While Preaching? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bought With A High Price by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:54pm On Aug 10, 2010
Bought with a High Price
Tuesday, August 10, 2010

TEXT: TEXT: NUMBERS 3:44-51

"And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Take the Levites instead of all the firstborn among the children of Israel, and the cattle of the Levites instead of their cattle; and the Levites shall be mine: I am the LORD" (Numbers 3:44,45).

"Father, I want to know thee, but my coward heart fears to give up its toys", A.W. Tozer once prayed to God, pleading, "Please root from my heart all those things which I have cherished so long and which have become a very part of my living self, so that Thou mayest enter and dwell there without a rival." God owns our lives by creation and redemption. We need to submit our entire being to Him for His holy use.

After the exodus from Egypt, God separated the firstborn of all Israel unto Himself. The Israelites were commanded to acknowledge this by dedicating their firstborn for service to God. Though this privilege and obligation was transferred to the Levites, this act reminded the Israelites that God had redeemed or bought them back from slavery and bondage in Egypt and that they now belonged to Him.

If you have been saved from sin, understand that you are "bought with a price" - the blood of Christ. You are therefore called to glorify God in your body and lifestyle. You cannot afford to live an independent life. God saves us to live for Him. As God’s property, you are not to live for self, society or Satan. All your will and passion must be submerged entirely in His.

If you have not been saved and washed in the precious blood of Jesus Christ, you have an opportunity today to let God take you over. Then, you will have the privilege to live for the One who died and rose from the dead for your justification.

Saved, you need to serve Him in appreciation for redeeming you from sin and Satan. He saved your heart to engage your hands. Start by praying for and sharing the gospel with others so they can be saved.

Thought for the day: "Justify your purchase by your daily conduct and conversation"

For More . . .
Re: Bought With A High Price by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33am On Oct 16, 2013
Bought with a high price.

(1) (Reply)

Thou Shalt Be Saved! / Corpse In Redeem Church? / Some Kinda Math:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.