Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Nigeria High Commission, London: Matters Arising - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria High Commission, London: Matters Arising (1897 Views)

Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG / Our Experience At Nigerian High Commission London / Nigeria High Commision In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria High Commission, London: Matters Arising by frenchman(m): 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2010
I wish to commend the effort of the members of staff of the high commission based on my recent experience.
The service was highly commendable judged by the fact that we have heard several unwholesome reports about how the place was being run. I went for the passport reissue on the 29th of July, and did not spend the whole day as I anticipated. My passport was ready for collection on the 9th of August!! This is phenomenal!
Kudos to all the staff!!
Re: Nigeria High Commission, London: Matters Arising by Vicjustice: 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2010
frenchman:

I wish to commend the effort of the members of staff of the high commission based on my recent experience.
The service was highly commendable judged by the fact that we have heard several unwholesome reports about how the place was being run. I went for the passport reissue on the 29th of July, and did not spend the whole day as I anticipated. My passport was ready for collection on the 9th of August!! This is phenomenal!
Kudos to all the staff!!
   I can testify of a much better service by Nigerian embassies in Athens and in Dublin.
   In 2005, i was living in Thessaloniki, Greece, i travelled to Athens to apply for a new passport, and based on the ill stories that i've heard about their services and inefficiency, i thought i was doomed when i met a lot of people who came for same purpose, but to my surprise, we were all attended to, our photos were taken and everyone got his/her passport same day.
   Again, after UPS has lost the passport, i applied for a replacement in Dublin, but i couldn't wait for the hour of collection, so, i had to pay 6 Euros to have it sent to be by registered post, and i was really impressed that my passport arrived two days later. Many thanks to the great staff (especially one gentleman called Ahmed) at the Nigerian embassy.
   So, due to my experiences with Nigerian embassies which i must admit that i'm impressed by their great services and attitude with efficient productivities, i actually wonder why there are many people who complain about them, and i think such complaints might be due to frustration and personal failures or immigration issues of which they transfer the aggression to the Nigerian embassies
Re: Nigeria High Commission, London: Matters Arising by frenchman(m): 11:05pm On Aug 10, 2010
I could not agree with you more. While at the embassy, a lady beside me was complaining about the service being a typical Nigerian system. I had to move closer and ask her what the problem was, only to discover that she had not got all her documents right.
Sometimes when we Nigerians complain, its borne out of the fact that we have been used to taking short cuts. So when we are asked to do things properly we start moaning.
Re: Nigeria High Commission, London: Matters Arising by labiyemmy(m): 11:09pm On Aug 10, 2010
Good posts- good thread.
Re: Nigeria High Commission, London: Matters Arising by yomitesp(m): 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2010
So that takes me to the Nigerian Embassy in Brasilia,Brazil . Comfortable waiting area for visitors , functional telephone service , polite staff etc. I had to renew my passport a while back. I called them , the lady gave me the procedures ;- send in your old passport with a crossed cheque with the right amount( about 35 dollars) , call back later just to check if they´ve received it. Instructions followed , I got my passport back after some days !!!
Re: Nigeria High Commission, London: Matters Arising by dustydee: 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2010
good to hear that.
Re: Nigeria High Commission, London: Matters Arising by justwise(m): 9:29am On Aug 12, 2010
frenchman:

Kudos to all the staff!!

Totally agree with you, got my e-passport from Nigeria embassy under one week, things have changed there and staff are working very hard to please some difficult Nigerians
Re: Nigeria High Commission, London: Matters Arising by rume(m): 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2010
yeah, well it would have been nice for me to share your sentiments. I applied/paid online in February for a new e-passport because the old one will be invalid as from December and when is(not was) my interview?

August 31st!!!!!!!

The website previously gave a date in the month of March, 7 February - 31 March, that's not long so I did not complain, and the date happened to be a public holiday(why give me a pub hol? though I thought it was just the website not being in sync with Uk pub hols, so did not complain) so weeks before I tried contacting them on what to do and I was not answered or replied(emails and phone calls). It wasn't my fault the website gave me a pub hol. I went back to the website 2sdays prior to this date and it automatically gave me a date during June(it figured itself out, finding that the previous date was a pub hol)
31 March -april-may- 3 June, not that short a waiting time, still I did not really complain, but I couldn't make this date as I had an exam but the website kept bringing up the same date when I clicked reschedule. I tried calling the office and after about 13 calls(wasting my time and calling credit) I was told by a man "As the website gave you a public holiday, there's nothing we can do except you come the next day".  I couldn't, still because of my exams.
, so I got fed up and decided to wait for some time to see if the website would provide another date , later got back online to change it and it now gave me 19July.   
Feb-July, now I thought "finally I'll get this done"
I decided to print the receipts about a week to this date and when I logged in to their website it had automatically changed the interview date to 31st of August. I DID NOT request a new date. The website did this and I don't know why. Afterall it wasn't a pub hol. That's two months wait again.

It's annoying because I had to book two previous train tickets for two previous dates which I did not use, that's not mentioning the wait from 7th February -march-april-may-jun-jul-till 31st August. So far I've gotten 4 interview dates and 3 receipts printed which have the previous dates and I only rescheduled once by myself.
That's 7 months of passport interview date rescheduling. What a very frustrating dribble!

(1) (Reply)

Luxurious Bus Knacking:dirty Sexual Secrets In Night Travelling / World Beautiful Waterfalls / Benin To Port Harcourt!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.