Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! (12562 Views)

Poll: What should this chic do?

Dump him! He is a freak!: 69% (44 votes)
Stay with him! - He realy loves you!: 30% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Ways To Know Your Boyfriend Has No Future Ambition / My Boyfriend Has Finished Me!!! / My Boyfriend Has Hurt Me So Bad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 12:48pm On Apr 18, 2007
My Boyfriend Say's He Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me!

Ladies, please what would you do, if your boyfriend, based abroad, tells you that he has hired a detective agency to carry out a background check on you and investigate your activities?

Are there really such agencies in Nigeria? And are they really effective?

They are supposed to be able to tell whether you have ever had an abortion, e.t.c.

Guys, please, I need your opinions on this as well.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by mukina2: 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2007
what happened to trust?

if he trusts you there's no need for a private eye angry

maybe he's doing much worse wherever he is .
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Seun(m): 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2007
What do you, of all people, need a boyfriend based abroad for?

And what is private about the "private" detective your boyfriend hired now that he has told you about it?
The detective in question is now a "public" detective. Your boyfriend is just trying to bully you into abstinence.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2007
Seun, if I tell you I understand what is going on, I would be lying. But one thing is for sure, the guy is telling the truth! I would know if he was lying!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by busygirl(f): 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2007
Private whatttt! I guess this could be a plot to frighten the girl, but if this is really true then the guy is a SiCk dUdE.  That means, he doesn't trust the girl. I wouldn't take such rubbish, even if I have nothing to hide. TRUST is actually essential in any relationship, Afterall, the girl doesn't even know what and what the guy does.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by bluenubian(f): 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2007
Seun:

And what is private about the "private" detective your boyfriend hired now that he has told you about it?
The detective in question is now a "public" detective. Your boyfriend is just trying to bully you into abstinence.

lol so true

for one he is full of BS for him to lie to you like that. his private detective is his cousins. he prolly asked his family to keep an eye on u. and that is jus wrong wrong wrong, u guys arent even married yet and he is tripping already sad
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by mukina2: 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2007
Razorr dump  him simple angry

maybe he is trying to test you tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by aloib(f): 1:03pm On Apr 18, 2007
he was prolly just messing wid u, maybe he told his siblings or cousin, mukia, ahannn dump ke
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Maleeq(m): 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2007
Private Detectives in Naija, now dats some news!
Girl, he's only trying to shake you up a little bit. Wants to see if you'd open up, and shake out a thousand skeletons in your closet.
Personally, I feel if he really loves you, the past shouldn't be a criteria in the relationship.
Have no fear at all.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2007
1) we don't have private detectives in naija
2) we don't keep records in naija

there is almost no way your boyfriend can dig up your skeletons, short of befriending your old school mates.

i think he's being a little paranoid (maybe he's heard some horror stories from his friends about their gals in naija).
i know of at least two cases where agal had a guy in yankee, and she was getting it on with other guys back home like it was going out of style.

you need to find a way to convince him that you aren't fooling around on the cold nights while he's gone(you aren't ,are you?)
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by femi6(m): 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2007
detective ke maybe he only asked his/her friends or even family member to just be an undercover
and why detective sef,everybody has his/her past and everybody have to deal with it.
ur B/F is only tripping maybe is scared of guys taking u from him
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by joyblinks(f): 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2007
Razorr

what i have to say is, even if he hired somebody to watch you, why are u scared? are these private detectives going to harm you?

i think ur shaking because ur dating someone else or doing  some wrong things behind him and he's heard it thats why he is doing this. if your not conscience is clear, then you wount bother yourself about it.

it will only take a man who loves you to do this.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by IBDat(m): 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2007
Coming from an objective point of vew - such a service does exsist and they do run back-ground checks into a person's life, employement, family, relationships - marriages/divorces, children, travel, studies, roommates, financies - banking, credit status and history, businesses - insolvencies/bankrupcy, criminial records/activities, health - hospital admissions, abortions, illnesses, blood types etc. Pretty much anything.

This service is available in the US and Europe, but more prominent in the US with new relationships and someone wanting to verify their partner's history before commitment of marriage for example. Also in this day n age - TRUST is overrated, marriages end due to the fact that a partner lied about their back-ground/history thereby making the other partner financially crippled, unable to have children, previously married with kids etc.

People do use this service, whether it is available in Nigeria and their accuracy is another question, but for a big brother State it is possible and freely offered if you know where to look.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by mukina2: 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2007
@Aliob yeah dump cheesy

razorr listen to me  ok?
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Seun(m): 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2007
it will only take a man who loves you to do this.
There is nothing wrong with a little bit of possessiveness in a romantic relationship, but that is not really love.
Your statement is wrong because a man who is cheating on you can be even more possessive than one who is not!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by joyblinks(f): 1:25pm On Apr 18, 2007
mukina

why do u always get answers without calculation?

imagine what your saying?

Razorr
don't mind him oh
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by joyblinks(f): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2007
Seun

i agree with you but a man who does not love you will never waste his time in doing a thing like this (thats if razor's boyfriend is telling her the truth about the detectives )
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by profade1(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2007
First I would like to know if the guy is a Nigerian, even though it does not really affect my reply.

1. He might just be trying  to follow the adage: Attack is the best form of defence. From what I have observed about life, people that are suspicious of others ( excessively) fall into two categories: very sick ( mentally) or guilty of same.

2. Obviously, there is no trust on his part. Do you really want to get into marriage with such a person. You are not even married, and this is happening, I wonder what will happen when you guys are married; you will cease to exist.

My advice: Dump him.

You deserve better.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by mukina2: 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2007
joyblinks:

mukina

why do u always get answers without calculation?

imagine what your saying?

Razorr
don't mind him oh

hey  she my pally ok?
i gave her my two cents
she's not yet married to him .he's hiring  by the time he maries her God knows  what will happen

Prof Ade

thanks you see what i saw
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by joyblinks(f): 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2007
mukina

na u sabi sha
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2007
Prof ade, yea the guy is a Nigerian!

My question is, does this type of agency actually really exist in Nigeria? I was really shocked when he told me this because I think he is telling the truth!

I don't know whether to be angry or just ignore it!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by PDF: 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2007
Which is better?  

1)  Trusting someone and find out later that the person isn't faithful/loyal

OR

2) Having doubts and later realising that the person had always been faithful.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Agboola1(m): 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2007
dont loose a sleep over this if you are faithfull. your conscience is your defence.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by IBDat(m): 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2007
PDF:

Which is better?  
1)  Trusting someone and find out later that the person isn't faithful/loyal
OR
2) Having doubts and later realising that the person had always been faithful.

Neither - Trusting someone and them deserving and living up to that trust.

I have to agree with Joyblinks on this - if the guy doesn't care or wasn't looking to settle down with her he wouldn't bother going into all this trouble. Fact is we don't know the full story:
1. Has he got reasons to doubt Razorr's commitments and words?
2. Why is Razorr so concerned if she knows her heart n mind are clear?
3. What has the guy been through/put up with in the past?

Fact is hiring a private detective is not an easy process, time, money and energy would have been invested and if he's not for real that would then be very unlikely.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 18, 2007
let me come in with a twist, why are u dating sbdy abroad?
where did u meet this guy? i think u have to share more info if u really want honest inputs.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by richylaw(m): 1:56pm On Apr 18, 2007
In the first place , I don't think there are these kind of agents working effectively in Nigeria. To my understanding your guy is very possessive , this could be normal of an average in real love, he doesn't want to loose you and that is why I feel he is doing this. But come to think of it , I'm sure he didn't just do this , have you checked yourself as well. THE LILY DOES NOT DANCE ON THE RIVER WITHOUT THE RHYTHMIC MOVEMENT OF THE WATERS. Tell us razoor from where did all this start from?
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 1:57pm On Apr 18, 2007
Does that mean such agencies truly exist in nigeria? If yes, then are they efficient?  
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2007
Listen, I have not been cheating on him o! But I do not like this invasion of privacy! I am really annoyed!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by mukina2: 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2007
Razorr:

Listen, I have not been cheating on him o! But I do not like this invasion of privacy! I am really annoyed!

why are you stressing urself? undecided

D-U-M-P him angry

he's not worth ur time angry
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2007
Muki, are you sure about that? Should I really dump him and why?
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Muid20(m): 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2007
undecided Do u belief d guy, really i dont belief in that if actually u are confused just let me give u a way out. Meet  me on my mobile i will tell u how to go about it, just 4 u to know d guy is a joker which take u nigerian girls as u should know what i mean. 08036870243.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by opuro(m): 2:13pm On Apr 18, 2007
ur imidiate family members are private detective  UR FRIENDS ARE PRIVATE HUSBAND SNATCHERS all nigerians are praivate, AMEBOOS IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

He Is Angry Because I Uploaded This On My Dp / Look At What Killed This Man. We Men Should Learn. Photo!!! / Chinese Man Becomes Viral Internet Sensation For ‘Being Too Handsome’ (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.