Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:29 PM

I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! (8634 Views)

I Got A Job Through Nairaland. / I Got A Fantastic Job Through Nairaland / Just Got A Job Through A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by contactuzo(m): 3:06pm On Apr 18, 2007
hello fellas
by God's grace ive gotten a job with acess bank thru nysc.
i was posted to edo state for my nysc (march 2007 batch a).after camp only acess bank and intercontinental conducted tests for recruitment.i took the 2 tests and was later invited for another access bank test.out of the 109 corpers that took it only 30 of us were invited.and out of the 30 that took the 2nd test only 15 were shortlisted for interview.

before i go on just know that the test was basically GMAT questions i.e the textbook produced by IEC .the first test was maths and english.the 2nd test was IQ (diagrams,sequences,odd one out)
1st test was 100 questions in 1hr.the 2nd test was 50 questions in 45mins.

the interview is mainly a test of confidence and how well u can sell urself.the questions were
1.tell me about urself>>>dont ramble about but talk about ur education then talk about ur strengths and qualities with practical instances.e.g ure honest,u have integrity,ure hardworking all with practical real life examples.
2.what was ur best course in school? i answered auditing, he then asked what is an audit plan, luckily i still remembered.
3.what do u know about acess bank>>>at least u must know name of the M.D,share price value,thier motto or logo. e.t.c
why do u want to work in a bank? i said i wasnt just looking for another paycheque but rather i was seeking a workplace where i will have challenges,where the work is exciting ,and where my best input will be appreciated.

and some other questions i cant remember now,

even when u get into trouble with some questions dont loose ur smile or composure,dont fret or look flustered, show confidence!!

they say our nysc pay will be 30k.and our recruitment is permanent. i.e after nysc we continue with them. i hear that thier post nysc pay wont be less than 120k.

also i got a text from intercontinental on monday inviting me for an interview on wed next week,but the problem is that i have already done my nysc registration with access bank so even if i pass the intercotinental interview ,changing it will be very very difficult if not impossible.

well i hope u all learnt smething from my experience.stay positive!! UR JOB IS COMING SOONEST!!!
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by ogs(m): 3:23pm On Apr 18, 2007
@ contactuzo,

Congrats! Welcome on board. Access is a very DYNAMIC bank in the industry. Have u seen how its share price has been increasing since the year end?

ALL THE BEST!
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by Ezinwannem: 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2007
congratz ooo, very happy for you
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by spoilt(f): 4:19pm On Apr 18, 2007
congrats.
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by funkelola(f): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2007
Congrats!am also a batch A,mar 2007 corper ,the experience was almost the same and to the glory of God,am posted to Oceanic Bank Oshogbo.
Wishing you a victorious and funfilled stay in Access as i wish myself.
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by cynthia(f): 4:29pm On Apr 18, 2007
Many congratulations man. Pls do me a favour. Can you please try to remember many of the questions you were asked at the interview and post it or send it to my box ask4majek@yahoo.com. help a girl,
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by Ena345(f): 5:10pm On Apr 18, 2007
Hmm. Congrats o. I like the fact that u took ur time and told us the process.But it would be gud if u know the yr from which THey set the questions. U know that they have different editions and the banks choose the one they use.

Well, pls put in ur best and God be with U.
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by bobbyan(m): 5:13pm On Apr 18, 2007
Congrat my guy i am so proud of you keep it up God will guide you in your working place i like your last statement
Congrat one's more.
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by liliana(f): 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2007
lucky u!!!!access banker!!!
Do me a fav,find out for me what happened to those who wrote the 1st and 2nd test in portharcourt before camp.my sis wrote and she was told that they would get back to her.uptil now,we have not heard from them.i would appreciate.

Thanks and once again congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by dgb4(m): 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2007
some people are very good in this world
MY dear keep on having affection towards people around.
Thanks for being so open and explicitary
Wishin u a wonderful career in Access Bank
rember to "MOve On"
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by adesholay(m): 6:47pm On Apr 18, 2007
Congratsss
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by fromuk(m): 7:05pm On Apr 18, 2007
may God be with you and see you through the good road you have coosen.
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by angelchi(f): 7:21pm On Apr 18, 2007
Congrats.
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by jockey112(m): 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2007
congrats.
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by aycd44(m): 12:16am On Apr 19, 2007
congratulations man and thank you for the tips on interview
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by jiggo(m): 7:38am On Apr 19, 2007
well, am a post corper,
and i have like 2offers!!!
BankPHB & IBPlc,
which would u coose?
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by lokwe(m): 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2007
congrats Bro!!!!!! i am happy for you. but pls Can you please try to remember any other question you were asked at the interview and post it or send it to my box lokwe@aim.com.
i wish you all the best in your access bank career!!!
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by beejay1(m): 12:56pm On Apr 19, 2007
hi and congrats. hop u have a wonderful career in access bank.
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by chuddyh: 1:42pm On Apr 19, 2007
Kongrats I wish u da best
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by jaybaby(f): 4:29pm On Apr 19, 2007
Thank Ur Stars & God That U didnt have to stay@ Home 4 like 5 yrz b4 gettin d JOB!

I Thank God For U--Sha wink
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by Ayd: 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2007
Congrats happy for u
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by jiggo(m): 10:54pm On Apr 19, 2007
jiggo:

well, am a post corper,
and i have like 2offers!!!
BankPHB & IBPlc,
which would u coose?

una neva repond now, haba!!! shocked
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by bolarine: 1:05pm On Apr 20, 2007
congrats man, really happy for you, put in your best ok
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by fresh2impr: 8:23am On Apr 21, 2007
Congrats my dear. Access Bank could be stupid tho, at least on my issue. They invited me for an interview at a recruitment fair while I was in the UK. I thought the interview went very well but when they found out I hadn't done my NYSC they started rambling rubbish. Anyways thankfully for me I got my Shell job offer.

1 Like

Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by samkay12(m): 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2007
Congratulations on your appointmnet.
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by dodowaski(f): 2:45pm On Apr 22, 2007
Banker.
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by geesoular: 10:41am On Apr 23, 2007
Congrats on ur new job, well, i am new to Nairaland and i hope Nairaland will be able to help me in getting a job as well.
I am a cisco certified network associate with intensive cisco training background. i have experience in various cisco routers and switches in implementing a network. i also have an experience in IP hybrid PABX. Currently i am preparing for a wirless certification exam. But i need a Job. pls help if you have any link for me.
Thanks.
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by free2ryhme: 7:41pm On Apr 23, 2007
my brother i dey thank God for u oooooooooooo. e better for us 2 Amen
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by bennie019(f): 9:02pm On Apr 24, 2007
hey congrats man. Am serving in Edo state also batch A. Took intercontinental bank's test and that Of GTB. i was called for the interview for intercontinental (scored the highest mark in the aptitude test) wink, and GTB looks very promising. Am kind of confused on with to pick because both of them are permanent jobs.

1 Like

Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by sweetdove(f): 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2007
congrats, this is a great testimony n u need to thank God very well. i hope as time goes on more test will be conducted still for the batch corp members. cheers. 1 more thing u have a good heart.
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by mayordee(m): 2:44pm On May 02, 2007
congrats man,they will surely retain u.good luck
Re: I Got Access Bank Job Through Nysc! by teeteelayo: 8:15am On May 03, 2007
Hi yah,am a batch A corper too serving in Edo,pls can u pls alert me when there is any job interview,Edo state corpers in the house pls where do u stay?i work with NPDC on Sapele road.can we pls hook up?my name is Titi,platoon 1.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Physical Verification For 2017 Pre-selected Applicants Starts From Dec 4th 2017. / ICPC Recruitment Online Exam 2021/ How To Write / Alan & Grant Job Recruitment (16 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.