Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki (23263 Views)

Driver Surrenders To Police After Crushing LAWMA Officials To Death / Breaking News: APC Thugs, Police Attack, Labour Party National Headquarters, Cha / Danjuma Saliu Shot By Dino Melaye And Armed Thugs - Police Releases Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by dre11(m): 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2019
By Gbade Ogunwale, Abuja

Senate President Bukola Saraki has raised the alarm, alleging threat to his safety and that of the members of his immediate family in Ilorin, Kwara State.

Addressing reporters in Abuja on Friday, Saraki fingered thugs allegedly sponsored by the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the police as instigators.

Saraki, who is the Director General of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Campaign Organisation, described the alleged conspiracy against him by the thugs and the police as sinister, uncivilised and unfortunate.

He said: “I call you today to bring to your attention the sad development in my home state, Kwara State, and the role of the security agencies in giving cover to people who are unleashing violence on our people because they are surprised and cannot understand how and why the people continue to give massive and overwhelming support to the PDP across the state.

“Also Yesterday (Thursday), these same APC thugs shielded by policemen went to my family quarters in Agbaji in Ilorin and vandalized houses, shops and inflicted wounds with matchete on three people.

“All these destructions took place in the presence of policemen who came with them but watched without any care, as the APC thugs and supporters unleashed violence on our people.

“For me, personally, I believe the decision to attack people and properties in my family ancestral compound is a direct affront and attack on my person.

“And whatever signals these APC elements with support from the police believe they are sending is definitely sinister, uncivilized and unfortunate”.

He expressed regrets that the police have continued to show undisguised hostility toward him and his supporters in the state.

According to him, this latest round of violence was part of efforts to jeopardise and undermine his personal security and that of his immediate and larger family members.

Narrating his ordeals further, Saraki said: “Three incidents will illustrate what I am saying to you. Yesterday, after the APC concluded their campaigns in Ilorin, some of their supporters and thugs moved around town and in areas like Adewole/Adeta, Ile Otan and Ubandawaki/Pakata where they saw our people gathered holding their weekly ward meetings.

“They disrupted the meetings by shouting their party slogan and when our people responded by mentioning our own slogan, they fired gunshots into their midst in Adewole/Adeta.

“They also inflicted matchete cuts on some of them. As a result of this attack, two people suffered bullet wounds”.

The former Kwara State Governor said reports of the attacks were filed in relevant police stations in Ilorin but expressed doubts that anything tangible and constructive would come out of the reports.

He stated further that as part of the plot, the police, under the directive of the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, had, on Thursday, commenced the transfer of Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) out of Kwara State.

Saraki called on Nigerians and the entire world to hold the IGP responsible if anything untoward happens to him and members of his family.

“While the police are free to take decisions on the deployment of their personnel, we found the postings in Kwara State strange and more than a mere coincidence.

“It should also be noted that IGP has posted three different Commissioners of Police to Kwara State in the last six months.

“In fact, the previous and current Commissioner of Police in the state got strict instructions from the IGP not to relate or engage with the Senate President,” Saraki added.

According to him, the usual practice has been that the Commissioner of Police personally ensures the security of the Senate President whenever he visits his home state.

He said all his predecessors were accorded that security cover whenever they visited their home states and that he also enjoyed it in his first year in office from 2015 to 2016.

Saraki expressed apprehensions over his personal safety as the ward to ward electioneering campaign is about to begin across the state.

According to him: “We need to make it clear to the entire world that now that ward to ward campaign is about to begin in the state and I am set to participate in that grassroots campaign, as I have always done, nobody is sure what instructions Mr. Idris has given to the police command in the state.

“Thus, the entire world should hold the IGP responsible if anything untoward happens to members of my family and myself.”

Deploring the role of the IGP in the entire plot, Saraki continued, “Do not forget that before now, this same IGP has tried several tricks to implicate me in some criminal charges.

“First, he arrested some cultists and was about to compel them to claim they worked for me. We exposed the trick early enough and the media also pointed out holes in his story. He quickly withdrew that.

“Later, he went on to the Offa robbery case and politicised the investigation in order to rope me.

“In the process of forcing suspects to implicate me, the principal suspect died in their custody.

“He has also not succeeded with that plot. Who knows what else he may have planned.

“Now, that full campaign is on, which requires my going round, I want the world to hold him personally responsible if anything happens to me.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/apc-thugs-police-life-saraki-alleges/

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by Alepa(m): 8:09pm On Jan 11, 2019
Only criminals will say police is after their life .
All criminals will never know peace

112 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by Munzy14(m): 8:12pm On Jan 11, 2019
All these will become history, soon.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 11, 2019
may harm not befall you,and i hope you have filed a complaint to the police that the police is after your life,nigerians can do only little to help you

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by ken6488(m): 8:19pm On Jan 11, 2019
Alepa:
Only criminals will say police is after their life .
who did this to you

121 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:22pm On Jan 11, 2019
We know the plans of Apc, buhari and IGP, after arresting Dino melaye to prevent him from campaigning in kogi, they shifted attention to saraki.

Their plans would not work, we will resist all attempt to turn democracy into a military junta.

Sai Saraki
Sai Atiku
Sai PDP

96 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by Mitchewww(m): 8:24pm On Jan 11, 2019
This is very serious but Zombies would have none of it.

What makes you a Zombies is not who you support but the fact they you guys have lost all sense of reasoning.

You can still vote Buhari and condemn evil.

Even illiterates do not behave like NL zombies.

How can someone support this in a democracy.

So sad.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by Alepa(m): 8:25pm On Jan 11, 2019
ken6488:
who did this to you
Your father did .

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by zlantanfan: 8:26pm On Jan 11, 2019
Sarathief jumping from pillar to post.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by ken6488(m): 8:29pm On Jan 11, 2019
Alepa:

Your father did .
i don't have time for b/haram terorist onile get that on your fucking zombie shaped brain

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by bababai: 8:31pm On Jan 11, 2019
dre11:

http://thenationonlineng.net/apc-thugs-police-life-saraki-alleges/May Allah be with u and ur Family. Amin.

Lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by Oziens: 8:32pm On Jan 11, 2019
There was a country. .....
May God help us.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by Alepa(m): 8:32pm On Jan 11, 2019
ken6488:
i don't have time for b/haram terorist onile get that on your fucking zombie shaped brain
What is this one typing ?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by Evablizin(f): 9:26pm On Jan 11, 2019
Saraki you can handle them.

8 Likes

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by budusky05(m): 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2019
Defeat is in the air. Saraki on the run.

18 Likes

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2019
U r next!

3 Likes

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by 34webers(m): 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2019
[s]
Mitchewww:
This is very serious but Zombies would have none of it.

What makes you a Zombies is not who you support but the fact they you guys have lost all sense of reasoning.

You can still vote Buhari and condemn evil.

Even illiterates do not behave like NL zombies.

How can someone support this in a democracy.

So sad.
[/s]
Which sense of reasoning have ipob miscreants displayed in their support for a thief and fugitive in the person of atiku? What exactly has he done both as a vp and a private citizen to attract the support of ipob miscreants?
As for sarathief, he should prove beyond reasonable doubt that security agencies are harrasing him rather than the lame attempt at seeking sympathy.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by jomoh: 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2019
Thief

4 Likes

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by helinues: 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2019
A sinner runneth when no man pursueth

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by Philinho(m): 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2019
The reason bubu is allowing IGP to remain is to do dirty jobs. But God will start slapping them one after the other.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by Promismike(m): 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2019
Saraki, enjoy ur change. When u guys were foisting the terrorist and tyrant on us. You guys where warned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by Frankyboy1(m): 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2019
Are you better than the people the police shoot for common twenty naira? We don't care sir, we prefer the senate scrapped cause you people are useless to the common man

12 Likes

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by MalakaiEd: 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2019
undecided Leave Saraki Alone o.

Always Place your Jumia Orders through a Jforce Agent.
-Pay On Delivery
-Free Shipping
-Fast Deliveries and East Returns.
Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by Afamed: 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2019
Mesujamba, the only people after you are the lost innocent souls during the Offa robbery. And as it stands they will continue to be after you even after the election

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by braveboy64(m): 10:09pm On Jan 11, 2019
keep kwayet

2 Likes

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by Factfinder1(m): 10:09pm On Jan 11, 2019
Brother Muri shout finish we no see am for court
Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by mykelswa(m): 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2019
There was a country. All this is to stop pdp from having their strongest men during major campaign.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by charlycharles(m): 10:11pm On Jan 11, 2019
Is this how this illiterates are going to conduct general election in this country, God pls intervene...

1 Like

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by Naijawebmaster: 10:11pm On Jan 11, 2019
sad
Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by chloride6: 10:11pm On Jan 11, 2019
Oga go and mobilize for votes. See you on the 16th of next month.

3 Likes

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by emmasege: 10:11pm On Jan 11, 2019
This reminds me of an adage in our language (pasan ta fi na iyale, o wa l'aja iyawo meaning the cane used to beat the first wife is on the second wife's roof).

This adage goes for Thief.nubu and Osinbade, the errand boys.

1 Like

Re: 'APC Thugs, Police After My Life' - Saraki by iluvdonjazzy: 10:11pm On Jan 11, 2019
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram, ISWAP In Mass Recruitment Of Bandits / VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri / Cct Trial: Efcc Witness Admits Saraki Was Charged Without Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.