Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,577 members, 7,781,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 12:11 AM

Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet (4056 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan, Buhari’s Transition Committees Clash / Breaking News;jonathan Did Not Complete His Ph.d Course- Obasanjo / Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by ladi02(m): 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2010
The presidency has announced a cabinet reshuffle. The former Minister of State for Finance, Remi Babalola is now the Minister for Special Duties, while the former Minister for Special Duties, Caleb Olubolade, takes over as the Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory.

New ministers have also been appointed; they include Kenneth Gbagi as the Minister of State for Education, Yabawa Lawan as the minister of State for Finance and Salamatu Suleiman as the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs.
The new ministers were sworn-in today at the Federal Executive Council Meeting. NEXT had reported exclusively last week that President Goodluck Jonathan was going to reshuffle his cabinet.

Read More: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5605175-146/jonathan_reshuffles_cabinet___.csp
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by blacksta(m): 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2010
moving dead logs from one part of room to another - wonderful angry
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by rebranded(m): 5:38pm On Aug 11, 2010
Let the embezzling begin!
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by slap1(m): 5:58pm On Aug 11, 2010
I can't see any reshufflement.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by philip0906(m): 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2010
. . .and d merry-go-round continues undecided undecided
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by ladi02(m): 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2010
slap1:

Babalola to Special Duties
Caleb Olubolade to Minister of state FCT
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by azorjiu(m): 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2010
Are we not better off without these redundant "Ministers of State?".
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 11, 2010
Saw Remi's redeployment coming. He dooesnt appear working in tandem with the economic team. His fnal straw maybe his off-guard remark that NNPC was broke
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by DisGuy: 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2010
AC should use Remi Babalola as their Gubernatorial candidate for Oyo state
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by mahal(m): 10:04pm On Aug 11, 2010
Does Jonathan really deserve another 4 year?
frankly, i'm not impressed. sad
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by rebranded(m): 10:14pm On Aug 11, 2010
slap1:

you are right this is mere side lining reworded

I have lost faith in Jonathan
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by chyz(m): 10:39pm On Aug 11, 2010
Not surprised.like i said jonathan favors the North.He always gives them the best positions.He's no different from the rest, only appointing people from the North and SW, same old story. JONATHAN MUST GO! RIBADU MUST COME!
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 11, 2010
philip0906:

. . .and d merry-go-round continues undecided undecided

Merry Go round? Atleast the horses stay seated in one position.

blacksta:

moving dead logs from one part of room to another - wonderful  angry

A better metaphor.

Have you ever seen a living log?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by adino(m): 5:00am On Aug 12, 2010
@ Dis Guy

ACN will use Senator Abiola Ajumobi for Oyo Guber polls in 2011. He is far,far, way,way, 1000% better than Remi Babalola.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by wales(m): 6:02am On Aug 12, 2010
It’s jarring on my nerves to know what informed most decisions on appointment into executive cabinets in our nation.When are we going to have appointments that will be ossified by records of core competencies required for such tasks? Why must we continue to rotate people that are not adding any value to our system for political reason?This country is in a pitiable condition and hope today’s politicians will not sound death knell for this arguably blessed clime?
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by Pukkah: 9:55am On Aug 12, 2010
adino:

@ Dis Guy

ACN will use Senator Abiola Ajumobi for Oyo Guber polls in 2011. He is far,far, way,way, 1000% better than Remi Babalola.

I was told that Ajimobi is a decampee from ANPP and is not firmly rooted in the new party. On enquiries, I gathered that guys like Soji Akanbi or Lanlehin may be considered. What do you think?

Oyo needs to be saved from the rambunctious Akala.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by blacksta(m): 10:52am On Aug 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

A better metaphor.

Have you ever seen a living log?

Ehen o tasi me abi - Ti ba be re si wan ni blacksta na omo ta

For your information " When i wrote that statement the thought came to mind - is it possible for a log to have life in it and i concluded yes that it is possible from a scientific perspective .

Last warning grin
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by otokx(m): 11:28am On Aug 12, 2010
This is becoming actually boring
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by ladi02(m): 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2010
Jonathan moves Babalola in cabinet reshuffle

The minister of state for finance, Remi Babalola was deployed to the ministry of special duties yesterday in a minor cabinet reshuffle announced by President Goodluck Jonathan.

The minister of special duties, Caleb Olubolade was named the minister of state for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) while three new ministers were sworn in.

During the swearing in of the ministers, two new Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) commissioners and a special adviser, Mr. Jonathan urged the public officers to do their best in the service to the nation.

The new ministers include Kenneth Gbagi from Delta State, who will take charge as Minister of State for education; Yabawa Lawani Wali from Borno State, Minister of State for finance and Salamatu Suleiman from Kebbi State, Minister of State, Foreign Affairs.

The two new INEC Commissioners are Mohammed Ahmed Wali, and Christopher Emoga. Dan Adebiyi was also sworn in as Special Adviser to the President on Policy Monitoring and Evaluation.

“You have taken your oath of office not to serve Goodluck Ebele Jonathan but to serve Nigeria and Nigerians, I charge you to go and do your best to serve our dear country and motherland to make sure that we improve on any situation that we meet as we go to the office” he told them.

NEXT had, last week, reported the possible sack of Mr Babalola as minister of Finance. His redeployment is blamed on a public disagreement he had with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) over the financial buoyancy of the agency. His statement that the NNPC is broke was confirmed by the management of the corporation, although saying that publicly seemed to have embarrassed the government.

Read More: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5605383-146/jonathan_moves_babalola_in_cabinet_reshuffle.csp
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by blacksta(m): 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2010
otokx:

This is becoming actually boring
Welcome to Nigeria - Land of Medicracy grin
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by Demdem(m): 7:22pm On Feb 03, 2012
all what i see is simply an addition to the over bloated cabinet. The cabinet is too big to do anything reasonable
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by KnowAll(m): 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2012
what happens to Akinjide the former Minister for or is off FCT, that Caleb is now mentioned as the new minister for/of fct, he did a good job though in his former job by probing THE IGP regarding the disappearance of Sokoto hence why he is promoted. cool
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by Pukkah: 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2012
You guys should realize that this thread was created on August 11, 2010.
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 04, 2012
Pukkah:

You guys should realize that this thread was created on August 11, 2010.

I wanted to comment till i saw the date

Abeg no mind themthem and Knowall. Na too much nairalanding cause am lolz
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by dgitrader(m): 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
let me test your comprehension...
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by Ikengawo: 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hi
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by Ikengawo: 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2013
n
Re: Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet by 3ace(m): 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2013
dgitrader: let me test your comprehension...
Test our comprehension? To know whether we will fall for an old thread? smh.

(1) (Reply)

You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN / If The South East Governors Wants Igbos Back, They Should Build Us A Sea Port / (photos) Governor Fashola Acquires Two N610m Armoured Jeeps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.