Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

How To Draw A Detailed Smiley Face Using Adobe Illustrator - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How To Draw A Detailed Smiley Face Using Adobe Illustrator (6839 Views)

My First Animated 2D Cartoon Using Adobe Flash. What Do You Think? / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) / How To Clone Yourself using adobe premiere pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Draw A Detailed Smiley Face Using Adobe Illustrator by dd0904(m): 1:02am On Aug 12, 2010
In this tutorial I will be showing you how draw a smiley face using Adobe Illustrator. Adobe Illustrator is a vector-based design software that enables users to design, modify and edit vector graphics. Now by vector-based I mean you can increase, decrease and modify graphics without pixelating the object. It’s a great tool to use once you get a hang of it. Ok lets begin…

The first image is the final image we will be working towards.

1. Using the ellipse tool draw an ellipse, fill and stroke with any colour of your choice. I went with the basic smiley colour of yellow with a black stroke. Now when working with adobe illustrator it is advised to start your design from the least placed object (trust me…e go help you).
2. By adding another stroke with a colour fill shades darker than the first you know to give a little depth to the object.
3. More details to give that dimensional look. The more details you add to your work, the more awesome they’d look.
4. Proceeding to add the eyes and brows. Now notice how placement of this suddenly brings our smiley to life. It’s very important to know how to make your drawings look realistic.
5. I then added the mouth and yes…that big a** cigar. We now have a stern looking, not smiling smiley….he he
6. Now if you take a closer look you’d notice that our big a** cigar was made using the pen tool and the ellipse tool. Knowing how to combine the use of the tool bar tools will help you in drawing irregular shapes
7. Adding that “whiff of smoke”…translates into what?….yes more details.
8. Adding the shadow beneath or object and you have your smiley.

I hope this tutorial was useful to you. Sorry if it’s not detailed enough…na my first tutorial be this grin. If you have any questions, u can email me… grinmunk@yahoo.com

Re: How To Draw A Detailed Smiley Face Using Adobe Illustrator by Dolemite(f): 10:55pm On Aug 18, 2010
Thanks, nice tut.
Re: How To Draw A Detailed Smiley Face Using Adobe Illustrator by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
please how can i get adobe illustrator. I'm a new comer. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Corel Draw: Framing An Image / Chrislong Designs (portfolio) (Critics are welcome) / 11 Amazing High Speed Photography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.