Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,101 members, 7,807,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border (13441 Views)

Herdsmen Unleashed Terror On 29 Ogun Border Communities / Illegal Arms Dealers Nabbed With 10,000 Live Cartridges In Ibadan (Photo) / 300,000 Live Bullets Concealed In Trucks Intercepted By Army In Ogun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by sophsia62: 6:47am On Jan 13, 2019
The Ogun State Police Command has intercepted a mini truck conveying 34,865 live cartridges through Ilara border from the Republic of Togo to Onitsha in Anambra States.

The police also arrested three suspects, including a Togolese, Isa Muhammad and two Nigerians, Alabi Fayemi and Seyi Bamgbose in connections with the crime.

The truck and the suspects were arrested by a stop-and-search border patrol team at Olohunda, a border town between Abeokuta North and Imeko Afon local government areas of the State.

While parading the suspects at the Imeko Police Station, Saturday, the Commissioner of Police in the State, Ahmed Iliyasu said the suspect were arrested by border patrol led by an Assistance Commissioner of Police, Shettima Muhammad.

He said, “Our operatives on border patrol led by ACP Shettima Muhammad while on routine patrol of the border area based on intelligence, intercepted a Toyota Dyna Mini truck with registration number KSF 254 XX with some cartons neatly concealed therein.

“The mode of the concealment aroused the suspicion of our men consequent upon which the vehicle was stopped and properly searched. Upon the search, 34, 865 live cartridges were discovered in cartons neatly concealed inside the vehicle.”

Isa Muhammad who is the prime suspect while speaking with journalists said the vehicle was given to him by one of his Nigerian customers based in Onitsha to help drive.

Isa said since he doesn’t not have a valid drivers licence, he approaches another friend of his, Bamgbose, who is a qualified driver to help in driving the vehicle while he serve as motor boy.

According to him, the vehicle was successfully brought into Nigeria from Republic of Togo and they were enroute Abeokuta for a repair work on the vehicle when they were arrested by the Police.

While denying knowledge of the ammunition, Isa said he didn’t know the name of the man that gave the vehicle to him and would have taken the vehicle to Onitsha thinking it was empty.

Corroborating Isa, Bamgbose, also claimed that he was only called upon by Isa for them to collaborate and engage in charcoal business.

He said, “I know Isa in Idi Iroko border and he used to sleep in my house whenever they come to Nigeria with his boss. One day I told him I don’t have a job again because my vehicle was sized by the Customs.

“Recently, he called me that a vehicle is available and I was happy because he told me it was a new vehicle. We went to Togo where the vehicle was packed, I observed that the vehicle was registered with Nigeria number.

“When we got to Nigeria, some of my friends told me that the spring of the vehicle was too small for charcoal business and I told him we should go to Abeokuta to repair the vehicle.

“While on the way, we were arrested at Imala and when I was asked to park, I complied because I know all the officers and I was sure the documents were up to date.

“I was even expecting the police to name their price since I know all of them but the story was different. Initially I thought the vehicle documents were not genuine but they told us later in the day that there was Indian hemp and ammunitions in the vehicle and I stated laughing because it was an empty vehicle.

“We were taken to the Station, this morning and even when we got to the station, I insisted it was an empty vehicle but when they started offloading, I was equally astonished, I didn’t expect what I saw from the vehicle because it was right in our presence that the content of the vehicle was offloaded.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/01/13/ogun-police-seize-34000-cartridges-arrest-three-suspects/?amp

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by tsephanyah(f): 6:51am On Jan 13, 2019
As time goes by, humans are becoming less and less empathetic. Today, we care about others much less than people did in the 80s. Video or we don't give a

1 Like

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by madridguy(m): 6:52am On Jan 13, 2019
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by Chepos1(m): 7:04am On Jan 13, 2019
Hang them by the balls...
Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by Redoil: 7:08am On Jan 13, 2019
How many don pass the boader (3000 trailers) and how many go still pass? (4000 trailers)
Why is it always yoruba people driving and doing the dirty job for the igbo people

2 Likes

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by helinues: 7:10am On Jan 13, 2019
They already successfully passed through the Togo/Benin and Benin /Nigeria borders? So upon almost 100 checkpoints from Ilakoji to Sango, none of the customs saw the mini trucks?

See lies. Mini truck was given to you to drive without knowing the owner. U go chop beans so tey

Kudos to the officers at Olohunda

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by Corrinthians(m): 7:14am On Jan 13, 2019
Nigerian youths, do not die for ANY politician! In fact, do not engage anyone physically for any politician!

If they need folks to carry arms and ballot boxes for them, tell them to get their children and relatives involved!

When elections draw near, they fly and ferry all their kids abroad, and they remain there, watching how things unfold from a very secure and safe distance!

If blood must be involved, let them know we prefer that it be the blood of their kiths and kins. Don't give a damn if it is Buhari or Atiku or Sowore or Ezekwesili.

Make una wise up o!

10 Likes

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:18am On Jan 13, 2019
GOOD JOB

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by subtlemee(f): 7:20am On Jan 13, 2019
It could be true it could be false...the way Nigeria police are desperate this days they can plant anything on you

1 Like

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by ba7man(m): 7:20am On Jan 13, 2019
En-route Onisha. lipsrsealed

Our industrious brothers.

4 Likes

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by AuroraB(f): 7:21am On Jan 13, 2019
Sounds unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by YoungLionken(m): 7:23am On Jan 13, 2019
They didn't settle the officers well...
Happy Sunday y'all!
Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by YoungLionken(m): 7:24am On Jan 13, 2019
subtlemee:
It could be true it could be false...the way Nigeria police are desperate this days they can plant anything on you

God bless you ma dear
Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 13, 2019
Vigilante bullets na

1 Like

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 13, 2019
Corrinthians:
Nigerian youths, do not die for ANY politician! In fact, do not engage anyone physically for any politician!

If they need folks to carry arms and ballot boxes for them, tell them to get their children and relatives involved!

When elections draw near, they fly and ferry all their kids abroad, and they remain there, watching how things unfold from a very secure and safe distance!
We say this every election year all over the country still our youths are blinded by the peanuts they receive from these devil politicians.

I only wish they'll listen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by Hotfreezer: 7:35am On Jan 13, 2019
Going to Onitsha in Anambra

Na their way. Commit crime and use the money buy chieftaincy titles.

Shameless pigs

4 Likes

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by Hotfreezer: 7:35am On Jan 13, 2019
Joromi12:
Vigilante bullets na

Na so

Vigilante bullets for kidnappers and armed robbers in Igboland.

3 Likes

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by umarsule885(m): 7:35am On Jan 13, 2019
Chepos1:
Hang them by the balls...
is possible they might have no knowledge of those stuff found in the vehicle but saying he doesn't know the name of the owner that's a big fat lie
subtlemee:

Stop arguing unintelligently.

Didn't you read where the suspects stated that the truck was offloaded in their presence?

3 Likes

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by Mille: 7:35am On Jan 13, 2019
For those talking about bribery or police desperation, did you miss the part where the suspects revealed the truck was offloaded in their presence?
Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by Toosure70: 7:36am On Jan 13, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by Hotfreezer: 7:37am On Jan 13, 2019
Redoil:
How many don pass the boader (3000 trailers) and how many go still pass? (4000 trailers)
Why is it always yoruba people driving and doing the dirty job for the igbo people

That's because Igbos only make mouth and run, they don't have mind.

Remember the only advance of the Biafran army was led by a Yoruba man named Victor Banjo. Even as at when Banjo joined the Biafran army, able bodied Igbo men were hiding inside cassava farms to avoid joining the Biafran army.

8 Likes

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by cardoctor(m): 7:40am On Jan 13, 2019
2019 is slowly becoming a do or die affair. God help Nigeria.
Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by cardoctor(m): 7:41am On Jan 13, 2019
Too many holes in the fence.
Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by vanndubi: 7:42am On Jan 13, 2019
Hotfreezer:
Going to Onitsha in Anambra

ba7man:
En-route Onisha. lipsrsealed

Our industrious brothers.

Isa Muhammad and two Nigerians, Alabi Fayemi and Seyi Bamgbose using a Lagos registered truck to deliver bullets to Onitsha
Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by AgbariOjukwu1: 7:43am On Jan 13, 2019
Going to Onitsha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by Hotfreezer: 7:43am On Jan 13, 2019
vanndubi:

Isa Muhammad and two Nigerians, Alabi Fayemi and Seyi Bamgbose using a Lagos registered truck to deliver bullets to Onitsha

Yes na.

And I'm sure if they were successful in their delivery, they would have been given chieftaincy titles and 2 hairy yam-legged Ipob brides.

4 Likes

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by overall90: 7:45am On Jan 13, 2019
Redoil:

you believe this story?smh
a friend gave him the truck to drive to Onitsha but he doesn't know his name.
he has to go to Abeokuta to fix because the spring is not good for charcoal business but they truck was given to them to drive to Onitsha so are they stealing the truck or what?
and there are no mechanics along their route that they have to take the truck to Abeokuta.
i noticed the once a yoruba man is having headache ,he will start looking for any available igbo man to transfer the headache to.
haba
must igbos be the fall guy for the yorubas

1 Like

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by Hotfreezer: 7:45am On Jan 13, 2019
AgbariOjukwu1:
Going to Onitsha cheesy

Taking bullets to Onitsha is like taking firewood to Hell.

4 Likes

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by Pavore9: 7:46am On Jan 13, 2019
umarsule885:
is possible they might have no knowledge of those stuff found in the vehicle but saying he doesn't know the name of the owner that's a big fat lie
You are right.

1 Like

Re: Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border by AgbariOjukwu1: 7:47am On Jan 13, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Taking bullets to Onitsha is like taking firewood to Hell.

grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Raids Borno Town, Loots Food Supplies / Why Military Is Yet To Rescue Kidnapped UNIMAID Staff, Police Women, Others– DHQ / Are There Any Gun Shooting Ranges Or Training Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.