Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,483 members, 7,801,218 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Are Nigerian Pastors More Of Scammers Than Men Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Nigerian Pastors More Of Scammers Than Men Of God? (3565 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Pastors More Of Scammers Than Men Of God? by Brownteeth(m): 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2010
Taking the most popular, wealthy and influential Nigerian pastors into consideration, do you think they are more of being men of God or more of being scammers? personally I think they are 70% more interested in extorting the hell out of their followers and 30% interested in the ministry work they do. These guys are scamming millions in the name of God without the followers knowing it.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors More Of Scammers Than Men Of God? by mabell: 8:25pm On Aug 12, 2010
mr church police, what do you mean by extortion. Are you saying we should not give our offerings to God?
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors More Of Scammers Than Men Of God? by Brownteeth(m): 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2010
^^^Are you sure your offerings reaches God?
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors More Of Scammers Than Men Of God? by ogajim(m): 10:33pm On Aug 12, 2010
It is WRONG to concentrate on just Nigerian "Pastors" after all, most of them have foreign "Pastors" too!

Let the buyer beware and follow the Berean example!
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors More Of Scammers Than Men Of God? by Orunmila1(m): 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2010
I think EFCC should investigate most of the pastors in Nigeria. Most of them are nothing but THIEVES, OLE, BARAWO. They scam church members all in the name of JESUS. Well, I dont blame them, it has been like that since day 1 when the white men came to Africa with Christianity. The white men took away our culture, they painted it black and painted theirs white. They took everything our fore fathers had away all in the name of JESUS. Though, there are real pastors who serve the Almighty GOD but majority are scammers.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors More Of Scammers Than Men Of God? by Horus(m): 1:27am On Aug 14, 2010
Most of the pastors in Nigeria are scammers. Church leaders ask for tithes in the name of God. They'll say “God needs your help building the church, ” What does god need with a multi-million dollar church? Nothing. These are the same so-called church leaders that you'll find riding in fancy cars, eating the best foods, living in expensive homes and living the life of wealthy people while their followers scrape and struggle to do “God's will” by tithing. These so-called leaders will lead congregations in the worse of the worse neighborhoods and on their way to church to preach on Sundays or Saturdays or whatever day they declare to be the Sabbath, they will step over the homeless or the less fortunate.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Pastors More Of Scammers Than Men Of God? by Osama10(m): 1:49am On Aug 14, 2010
Brownteeth:

^^^Are you sure your offerings reaches God?

Very correct question for him.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors More Of Scammers Than Men Of God? by Rhino3dm: 4:17am On Aug 14, 2010
Yeah. succesful scammers!!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors More Of Scammers Than Men Of God? by ogoamaka99(m): 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2010
Brownteeth:

Taking the most popular, wealthy and influential Nigerian pastors into consideration, do you think they are more of being men of God or more of being scammers? personally I think they are 70% more interested in extorting the hell out of their followers and 30% interested in the ministry work they do. These guys are scamming millions in the name of God without the followers knowing it.
  Which one are you?. Are you atheist or an occultic gentle man?. Are you not doing the bidding of your own master the devil?. You expect that MOG in Nigeria should be poor and beggarly so that you make mockery of them.Is it not known, the only MOG that you people don't talk against are those that don't disturb your master the devil. Learn to discuss issues and live MOG alone.Be warned.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors More Of Scammers Than Men Of God? by Zodiac61(m): 11:46pm On Aug 14, 2010
ogoamaka99:

Which one are you?. Are you atheist or an occultic gentle man?. Are you not doing the bidding of your own master the devil?. You expect that MOG in Nigeria should be poor and beggarly so that you make mockery of them.Is it not known, the only MOG that you people don't talk against are those that don't disturb your master the devil. Learn to discuss issues and live MOG alone.Be warned.
MUMU - the kind generally loved by the conmen pastors. Whilst you are leaving them alone and wallowing in your ignorance, they are building mansions for themselves, sending their kids abroad to be educated, buying private jets for themselves and generally setting themselves up as part of the ruling elite.
You are truly a fool if you you think one kobo of your tithe gets to the non-existent god. Just think of this, if he really exists and is everything you claim he is, why does he need your measly tithe?
The MOGs are getting fatter whilst morons go about saying "touch not my anointed." You say "be warned." What is going to happen to me? God is going to strike me down? I dare him.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors More Of Scammers Than Men Of God? by westbright: 6:57pm On Dec 09, 2012
Zodiac61:
MUMU - the kind generally loved by the conmen pastors. Whilst you are leaving them alone and wallowing in your ignorance, they are building mansions for themselves, sending their kids abroad to be educated, buying private jets for themselves and generally setting themselves up as part of the ruling elite.
You are truly a fool if you you think one kobo of your tithe gets to the non-existent god. Just think of this, if he really exists and is everything you claim he is, why does he need your measly tithe?
The MOGs are getting fatter whilst morons go about saying "touch not my anointed." You say "be warned." What is going to happen to me? God is going to strike me down? I dare him.

bro,

your questions at first raises an eye brows. but this one you are now daring God is so wrong. please pray to Him for forgiveness as He is a merciful God. i certainly joined you in condemning the way the Nigeria pastors are extorting money from the poor Nigerians which i see as ignorance from their congregation because they do not educate themselves by spending time reading the bible. truly, tithing was part of the Leviticus laws to the old testament Jewish Israelite. they are to give a tithe offering to the priest because that was made to be their portion by God. there is no such commandment for the new testament christian. christian are to share love with each other, identifying those who are poor by ministering arms to meet their needs- Cornelius was a practical example, the book of acts shared that the Angel of God instruct Cornelius to go and meet one called Simon peter to pray for him because God has answered his prayer. the bible said he spend time praying and giving arms to the poor. paul collected some contribution from a church somewhere to help the christian who are in jerusalem and was never a tithe. may God help us.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors More Of Scammers Than Men Of God? by essentialone(m): 5:32am On Jul 04, 2022
Brownteeth:

All Nigerians Pastors are scammers and deceivers. Know this, and know peace.

(1) (Reply)

The Greatest Miracle In The Bible! / Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud / Watch How A Christian Pastor Destroys Gay Pastor In Debate [Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.