Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,210 members, 7,780,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:18 PM

Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles (10386 Views)

Le Guen To Coach Super Eagles / Tijjani Babangida Appointed As Special Assistant To Coach Sunday Oliseh / NFF Gives Oliseh 3 Months Salary In Advance Worth N15m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by MRMoneyE(m): 12:42am On Aug 13, 2010
Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and Samson Siasia meeting ended in a stalemate Wednesday night as they could not finalize what the take home pay of the new manager the Super Eagles will be.

Daily Sunsport can report exclusively that after they agreed to offer Siasia a four-year deal that would culminate in his taking the Super Eagles to the Africa Nations Cup and World Cup, talks broke down when the national Under-23 team’s former coach tabled his financial demands to the executive committee of the NFF.

An impeccable source close to the NFF disclosed that Siasia asked to be paid N15 million monthly and One million USD as sign on fees aside an official quarters and an official car.
The NFF told him that his demand was too much and far out of what they could afford, explaining to him that the foreign coaches who were employed in the last three years were paid by GLO and PTF.

“We told him that that he had to reduce his demands drastically if he really wanted to coach the Super Eagles as the NFF cannot afford such huge amount. He refused to shift ground and we had to excuse him to leave since he was travelling with Heartland FC of Owerri for an African Champions league match in Egypt.

“In principle, we have agreed to give him the job but we shall continue the negotiation on his salary and sign on fee when he comes back from Egypt. I must also tell you that he impressed us at the discussion and we believe he would deliver, if he agrees to tour terms” our source said.

NFF Vice President, Obinna Ogba, told an Abuja radio station after the meeting last Wednesday that a three-man committee had been set up to meet with Siasia to finalize the negotiation with him when he returns and gets back to the board.
http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2010/aug/13/sportsbreak-13-08-2010-001.htm
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by MRMoneyE(m): 12:50am On Aug 13, 2010
Good news I think Siasia deserved everything he is demanding for, a coach in his class should not just jump at any scrap offer or package
tabled by the nff, if it were to be a white coach the nff will not think twice to agree with all his terms, Sia1 ask for whatever you want from them and it shall be
given unto thee ?
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Osama12: 12:59am On Aug 13, 2010
Yes they should give him his request.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by MeGaStReEt: 1:09am On Aug 13, 2010
15milla is too small compared to the huge money they stole from public funds

pay him the 15milla jorrrr
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by 12large: 1:57am On Aug 13, 2010
15million for what abeg siasia wants to take advantage of the media, because many nigerian wants him he wants 15million even amodu that qualified us for worldcup 2times was never paid 15million a month. if siasia keep misbehaving they would just give bonfere jo the job siasia please reduce price so you can get the job
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by oisehumen(m): 8:27am On Aug 13, 2010
Siasia has not established himself at the senior level yet, am totally surprised and disappointed with what he is asking for. He has only managed junior categories which cannot be used to measure his performance as a coach.
I advise him to reduce what he is asking for and make a name for himself.

If he loses this opportunity to show the world what he is capable of doing, it will be disastrous for him. A word is enough for the wise sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by salinco(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2010
@Mr. Money, what is the source of your information please?
In any case i suggest they should respect his opinion and agree to his request. Sia 1 is the best and young local coach we have in the country today.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Pappij: 11:50am On Aug 13, 2010
Sia 1, hmmm i hail o (N15m monthly and $1m sign-on)
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by BabaO2: 11:53am On Aug 13, 2010
conservatively that is $100,000/month. According to Amokachi, largerback was taking 200k/month with his other assistants. Siasia is a Nigerian, he should make his requests reasonable for christ sake. Does he want to live in pluto?.
All expenses taken care by NFF plus something in the range of between $20,000 and $40,000 is fair enough.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by MeGaStReEt: 12:01pm On Aug 13, 2010
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by jarkbauer: 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2010
the guy is a thief
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by shadrach77: 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2010
how can he demand such an amount when he is not a white man? grin grin grin
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by kobikwelu(m): 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2010
source pls,

till then all i can say is that this guy is greedy,

lets do the maths

15 million naira monthly by 12 months, 180million!!!!!!

180 million naira by 4 yrs, 720 million shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry

inaddition to the greedy line, this guy is just plain wicked,

how much is  NFF budget?

also, is he trying to draw similarities btw himself and lagerback

lagerback contract was underwritten by PTF, which was for 4 months
lagerback has coached on the senior level for a while, has the experience,

all siasia has achieved is on the junior level (with overaged players embarassed) and he wants to be commanding world class salary,

its too bad that this has become an issue for the media, cos it would make him a target, if he does not perform well,

btw is he planning to become the highest paid coach??
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by haboosa(m): 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2010
let him hav the money abeg , we all knw the amt Lagerbear or whatever his name was collected from us and yet we couldnt leave beyond the group stages of the worldcup , i actually like siasia's ego and charisma he doesnt look like anyhow coach wey be say small money like this thm go they promise heaven and earth , since 80 percent of Nigerians are requesting for the services of sia 1 NFF must give us what we want , and i want to say what is making them to be reluctant in the decision to take sia 1 is that they know he is a Nigerian and whatever the kind of dubious deal they want to strike with him wil be reveal b4 tym so they are trying to frustrate him out God wont make that happen . Nigerians want sia1 and NFF must give us weather they will call on Glo or Mtn this tym i dont wanna know.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Chongaiman: 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2010
They should yield to his demands or else look for a mediocre coach that can dance to their tune.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by ollypass: 12:17pm On Aug 13, 2010
shadrach77:

Never knew it was skin colour that determines your negotiation power!
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by MRMoneyE(m): 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2010
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by ZUBBYNWA(m): 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2010
kobikwelu:

source pls,

till then all i can say is that this guy is greedy,

lets do the maths

15 million naira monthly by 12 months, 180million!!!!!!

180 million naira by 4 yrs, 720 million shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry

inaddition to the greedy line, this guy is just plain wicked,

Then after that he will contest the for the next Nigerian President
Funny
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by marcus1234: 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2010
why waist so much money , go help the poor countries firts , plus nigeria , help poverty
[img]http://s07.flagcounter.com/count/DymW/bg=ffffff/txt=ffffff/border=ffffff/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/[/img]
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by MeGaStReEt: 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2010
IMO Siasia is not wicked neither is he greedy, he knows what he is doing, and I am very confident he will make a good coach, besides he is not begging for the job, nigerians want him to take over as eagles boss, its long overdue, if not for man know man system that runs in NFF, He is with Heartland FC, do anybody here know how much they pay him? He doesnt come cheap, unlike Amodu or any other former super chickens coach, they remain JOBLESS  and out of sight if they are not managing the super chickens, Siasia still have a contract with  Heartland FC, where is Amodu? Amodu will be willing to take over the job for a mere 200,000 a month, because him no get choice, he will even beg the NFF  to give him the job, he will start licking their foot just to get the job. This is the first time i have heard a nigerian Coach force the NFF to set up a committee to have further discussion with Siasia (for a good reason). NFF MUST give Siasia the job, its an order from above, nobody will like to get burnt, give us siasia and stop the long story, afterall you thieves paid Lager Bear more than that to smile for us on our tv in SA. Siasia stick to your demand, "our people say soup wey sweet na money cook am" but you fit still pity us small reduce to like 7-10milla

In Siasia I trust
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by MRMoneyE(m): 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

IMO Siasia is not wicked neither is he greedy, he knows what he is doing, and I am very confident he will make a good coach, besides he is not begging for the job, nigerians want him to take over as eagles boss, its long overdue, if not for man know man system that runs in NFF, He is with Heartland FC, do anybody here know how much they pay him? He doesnt come cheap, unlike Amodu or any other former super chickens coach, they remain JOBLESS and out of sight if they are not managing the super chickens, Siasia still have a contract with Heartland FC, where is Amodu? Amodu will be willing to take over the job for a mere 200,000 a month, because him no get choice, he will even beg the NFF to give him the job, he will start licking their foot just to get the job. This is the first time i have heard a nigerian Coach force the NFF to set up a committee to have further discussion with Siasia (for a good reason). NFF MUST give Siasia the job, its an order from above, nobody will like to get burnt, give us siasia and stop the long story, afterall you thieves paid Lager Bear more than that to smile for us on our tv in SA. Siasia stick to your demand, "our people say soup wey sweet na money cook am" but you fit still pity us small reduce to like 7-10milla

In Siasia I trust
@ MeGaStReEt
Yes i think I concur with your opinion about the subject of discussion, Amodu would have agreed 150k monthly salary plus taking bribe from Yakubu & co. so as
to play for the super chicken
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by GBT(m): 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2010
the guy is a thief

That’s his opinion of his he is entitled to !

Y do you think he does not deserve what he has requested for ? this is about your power of negotiation and what he knows he deserve.

If you know you are what your onions then ask for whatever you think will aid you in the delivery of your task!
HE IS BLOODY RIGHT TO HAVE MADE THE REQUEST simple.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2010
shadrach77:

kai I pity u
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by kobikwelu(m): 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2010
IMO Siasia is not wicked neither is he greedy, he knows what he is doing, and I am very confident he will make a good coach, besides he is not begging for the job, nigerians want him to take over as eagles boss, its long overdue, if not for man know man system that runs in NFF,  He is with Heartland FC, do anybody here know how much they pay him? He doesnt come cheap, unlike Amodu or any other former super chickens coach, they remain JOBLESS  and out of sight if they are not managing the super chickens, Siasia still have a contract with  Heartland FC, where is Amodu? Amodu will be willing to take over the job for a mere 200,000 a month, because him no get choice, he will even beg the NFF  to give him the job, he will start licking their foot just to get the job. This is the first time i have heard a nigerian Coach force the NFF to set up a committee to have further discussion with Siasia (for a good reason). NFF MUST give Siasia the job, its an order from above, nobody will like to get burnt, give us siasia and stop the long story, a[b]fterall you thieves paid Lager Bear more than that to smile for us on our tv in SA.[/b] Siasia stick to your demand, "our people say soup wey sweet na money cook am" but you fit still pity us small reduce to like 7-10milla

In Siasia I trust

^^

@megastreet

so after all your grammer, u suggest they pay him approx 720 million for 4 years

as to the boldened statement, you are sure that he would make a good coach, i bet you would be the first to castigate and heap curses on the man, when he underperforms, saying with the kind of salary he is commanding,
and dont forget with the kind of money he would be paid, blaming failure on NFF, PLAYERS WOULD NOT BE ACCEPTABLE!!!!

lagerback contract was underwritten by PTF!!! not NFF!!!!!
His contract was for 4 months!!
one of the reasons for not retaining him was the cost,
try and view NFF total budget
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2010
G.B.T:

the guy is a thief

That’s his opinion of his he is entitled to !

Y do you think he does not deserve what he has requested for ? this is about your power of negotiation and what he knows he deserve.

If you know you are what your onions then ask for whatever you think will aid you in the delivery of your task!
HE IS BLOODY RIGHT TO HAVE MADE THE REQUEST  simple.

Deserves what?

Is he on drugs?

He wants  about $1.5m a year, every year over 4 years.

What has he achieved to deserve that?

Even the coach of US doe not get that much.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned, this is unreliable, untrustable news item from a retarded publication.

Such lies do not portray Siasia in good light.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by GBT(m): 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2010
Bruv that is the power of NEGOTIATION, if they accept so be it and if not they will look for a common ground if not they dissolve the marriage and both parties moves on simple.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by haboosa(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2010
shadrach77:

@ Shadrach , na only a white man that suppose to be collecting huge amt of money? that makes u naive , what are the achievement that a whiteman has brought to us of recent after Atlanta 1996? you should know that many things is happening under ground that you are not aware of so you should ask the people that knows embarassed
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by GBT(m): 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2010
Deserves what?

Is he on drugs?

He wants  about $1.5m a year, every year over 4 years.

What has he achieved to deserve that?

Even the coach of US doe not get that much.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned, this is unreliable, untrustable news item

Bruv this is really about the negotiation power and his ability to sell himself  simple.

If the NFF agrees they sign him  if not they re-negotiate or all man goes there ways amicably without hard feelings!

Not necessary what he has achieved per say if not Y was larger beer paid that amount, lets forget who was paying him?
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2010
G.B.T:

Bruv that is the power of NEGOTIATION, if they accept so be it and if not they will look for a common ground if not they dissolve the marriage and both parties moves on simple.

If I was NFF chairman and Siasia asked for that. I will call security and tell them to throw him out. I will tell them that they should carry him and make sure his leg does not touch the floor until he is out of the premises or else they are all sacked.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by GBT(m): 1:12pm On Aug 13, 2010
Bruv that was harsh and the stark reality is that people acctually earn such in the country so i dont think it was out of place.

The sign on fee is what is abit high but going by the history of non payment of bonus and salaries with the NFF one will be tempted not to blame him for asking for that amount. Lets not 4get he is asking for it as am sure an agreement will be reached but whatever the agreement i still WILL NOT BLAME THE YOUNG MAN ANYDAY!
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2010
G.B.T:

Bruv that  was harsh and the stark reality is that people acctually earn such in the country so i dont think it was out of place.

The sign on fee is what is abit high but going by the history of non payment of bonus and salaries with the NFF one will be tempted not to blame him for asking for that amount. Lets not 4get he is asking for it as am sure an agreement will be reached but whatever the agreement i still WILL NOT BLAME THE YOUNG MAN ANYDAY!

Which people earn such?

If I was Siasia's representative, I will tell him not to accept anything below $300K, which should rise to $400K if I get Nigeria to the ANC final in 2012 or 2013, and $500K if I win the ANC 2012 or ANC2013.

I will advocate a sign on fee of $500K which should be subtracted from the subsequent salaries.

Any missed payments of salary incurs a $10K compensation for every 2 week of delay (so 1 day late incurs $10K, 15 days incurs $20K, 29 days incurs $30K and so on).
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by GBT(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2010
Which people earn such?

If I was Siasia's representative, I will tell him not to accept anything below $300K, which should rise to $400K if I get Nigeria to the ANC final in 2012 or 2013, and $500K if I win the ANC 2012 or ANC2013.

I will advocate a sign off fee of $500K which should be subtracted from the subsequent salaries.

Any missed payments of salary incurs in a $10K compensation for every 2 week of delay (so 1 day late incurs $10K, 15 days incurs $20K, 29 days incurs $30K and so on).

That is another means of NEGOTIATING but this is the one he chose,

Really he had settled for your option people would have cried blue murder again,
So you see once again whichever way the request for terms of contract was made I STILL WILL NOT BLAME HIM. which you have indirectly agreed to yourself sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice / SURE October 2017 Cheat To Win Bet9ja Virtual League / Nigeria Vs South Africa (3 - 1): AYC 2013 Qualifier On Sunday October—7—2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.