Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

800 Online Businesses You Can Start Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 800 Online Businesses You Can Start Today (1731 Views)

15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) / Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

800 Online Businesses You Can Start Today by topten: 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2007
Don't waste your time chatting and browsing online, setup an online business and earn money. You can start a dating site, a chat site, a forum or blog, an online church, an ebook site, an online university, a video site, an online law firm, an online stock broker, or a consultant- they are 800 to choose from.

How to start:

1) You have to pick a product to sell. This is also your business theme. You have to pick what you have passion for. For example, if you like books, then start an ebook site. Don't go and start what you cannot complete.

2) Create a product that you will sell. Be it downloadable like ebook, music or videos. Or physical products like clothes and jewels. Delivery of these products is either downloadable or through speed post.

3) Sign up for an affiliate program. This could also be a product itself, or a supplement to your existing netbiz. Incidentally, there are affiliates programs for every product.

4) Build your site. It is simple. To have a good site, you will need to combine or know how to write html or use html editors like FrontPage or Dreamweaver, and a graphic package. Although you can pay for it to be done, it is better to know it so that you can update, edit, and troubleshoot your site- things that you must continue to do as a webmaster.

5) Host your site. They are army of host site online.

6) Have a payment processor. That is, accept credit card from your website. Most processors don't accept Nigerians and a few that do charge fees.

7) And finally advertise online. Use viral buzz, it is free and fast.

It is very easy to start and run an online business. But three things will give you success: spend money, invest the time, and learn from your mistakes.

There are a billion internet users today. Online retail sales totaled $87.5 billion in 2004, up 25 percent from $70 billion in 2003 and up 62 percent from $54 billion in 2002, according to Internet Retailer estimates. Think of how to make $2000 to $6000 every month from your website.

If you're serious about making real money online, you can see a list of 800 online businesses and web design tutorials at:

http://www.oxcheck.net/

Remember, do what you have passion for. That is, do what you can do.  And make productive and profitable use of the internet.
Re: 800 Online Businesses You Can Start Today by Seun(m): 5:04am On May 17, 2007
6) Have a payment processor. That is, accept credit card from your website. Most processors don't accept Nigerians and a few that do charge fees.
Am I the only one who has a problem reconciling the statement above with the one below?
Am I the only one who has a problem reconciling the statement above with the one below?

How can you make money from "online business" when virtually all credit card processors reject Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: 800 Online Businesses You Can Start Today by mhykkell: 3:12pm On May 17, 2007
I see Ur point Seun. Ppl out there think we're thieves. The Yahoo-Yahoo guyz have even made things worse! Even when U come out with clean hands to do biz, they are mega suspicious,  Internet biz my foot. I'd rather start my biz locally and gradually grow my market, cool
Re: 800 Online Businesses You Can Start Today by greatfiso(m): 12:53pm On May 18, 2007
@seun
i dont have any problem with u, in fact i like u.
but why are u always sending out negative energies ( i.e discouraging pple)?
u need to work on this and ur pple managing ability/skill

that poster simplly mean u will be at advantage of making more money from Nigeria cos outsiders "dont trust of us enough"

just hope that biz english is simple enough.
no beef man, one love wink
Re: 800 Online Businesses You Can Start Today by richestlad: 9:57am On May 23, 2007
Pessimism is the greatest killer of success.

That is a word for suen, do not be pessimistic, do not belief in imposiibility becos everything is possible, you should have asked, how can one register into a program that does not accept Nigerians.

Many nigerians are already into it, maybe you do not know. The first is ask, and not criticise.

Regards,
Okafor Nwabueze
01-7680866
Re: 800 Online Businesses You Can Start Today by paul4eva: 11:46am On May 23, 2007
Thank you the last two poster. Sometimes when i read seuns comments on issues, i feel sad because a forum is where people learn to express their selves and also build them selves. The negatives words posted in this forum actually put me off but all the same, let us give ourselves constructive reply. It will help us.
Re: 800 Online Businesses You Can Start Today by Seun(m): 12:07pm On May 23, 2007
Many apologies. I just don't want Nairaland members to jump into risky businesses without due diligence. Sorry.
Re: 800 Online Businesses You Can Start Today by Mazeepac(m): 10:56am On May 25, 2007
@seun
Apology accepted!
As a matter of fact i was surprised when i discovered that paypal has include Nigeria in there list but you most provide information about the genuity of your business, To me we are almost there as soon as we break the barriers i trust my people.

(1) (Reply)

The Naira Vs Dollar Xchange Rate! / Who Is The Richest? Dangote, Adenuga, Okoya, Jimoh Ibrahim / Do Commandclem Plc Still Now Exist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.