Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Spirtual Maturity Is What Is Needed In These Last Days - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirtual Maturity Is What Is Needed In These Last Days (582 Views)

Living In The Last Days:statue Of Satan Unveiled In Detroit.usa.-see The Photos / The False Israel And The Madness Of The Last Days / Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spirtual Maturity Is What Is Needed In These Last Days by yommyuk: 8:47am On Aug 15, 2010
During the past week, a lot of questions came to my mind about why is the Church not creating a huge impact in these last days. Why are true christains in the minority? Why do many christains continue to  backslide? Why are christains seeking earthly rewards more than the heavenly rewards? What is missing?

The Holy spirit revealed to me that in the church today, there are 4 kind of ways in which the Word of God is recieved. These were  revealed by our Lord Jesus Christ in the parables of the sower.
1.  There are some who hear the message, only to have satan come at once and take it way. These are the unbelievers who refuse to accept the message of the Gospel. Satan has won them over as his disciples.
2.  There are those who hear the message and immediately recieve it with joy. But since they don't have deep roots, they don't last long. They fall    away as soon as they have problems or are persecuted for believing God's word. These are those who accepted the word half-heartly and did not allow the Word to dwell in them richly and deep inside.
3.  There are also others who hear God's word, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life, the lure of wealth and the desire for other things, so no fruit is produced. These are those who come to the church with other motives in mind. They are indirectly satan's agents. They are in church for what they can get from it. They are those who want to harvest where they did not sow.
4. The last ones are those who hear and accept God's word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty or even a hunderd times as much as had been planted. These are in the minority. These are the true brethen. Those who go the exrra mile. The life blood of the church.
Therefore I  give a word of encouragement to the true brethen as stated in John 16:33:" I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because  I have overcome the world." As long as we dwell in the the Word of God fully, we will overcome whatever the world throws at us in Jesus name(Amen)
We should not be suprised when people don't understand or accept the way we live. Even in the bible many of Jesus christ so called disciples felt the same way towards him.

John 6:60-66
Many of his disciples said "This is very hard to understand. How can anyone accept it?" Jesus was aware that his disciples were complaining, so he said to them," Does this offend you? Then what will you think if you see the Son of Man ascend to heaven again? The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life. But some of you do not believe me."(For Jesus knew from the begining which ones didn't believe, and he knew who would betray him.)Then he said,"That is why I said that people can't come to me unless the Father gives them to me." At this point many of his disciples turned away and deserted him. Many were called, but only few were choosen. I pray may we belong to the group of those that were chosen in Jesus Name(AMEN) So Therefore brethen, let us plant the good seeds of righteousness, and you will harvest a crop of love. Plow up the hard ground of your hearts, for now is the time to seek the Lord, that he may come and shower righteousness upon you.'(Hosea 10:12)

John 15:2-5
The Father cuts off every branch of Jesus that does not produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more. You have already been pruned and prurified by the message I have given you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me.Yes I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.
We can do all things in Christ who strengthens us.

John 15:8
"When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my father."
True disciples will experience a transformed, fruit-bearing life because they live in a relationship of love with both Jesus and the Father
Luke 8:15 states that "And the seeds (The Word of God) that fell on good soil(Receptive Heart) represents honest, good hearted people who hear God's word, cling to it, and patiently produce a huge harvest. Glory be to God in the highest (Amen)

Ecclesiastes 9:11-12
I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior does not always win the battle. The wise sometimes goes hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. IT IS ALL DECIDED BY CHANCE. BY BEING IN RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME. People can never predict when hard times might come. Like fish in a net or birds in a trap, people are caught by sudden tragedy. Why?
The answer lies in Ecclesiastes 7:13-14
Accepts the way God does things, for who can straighten what he has made crooked? Enjoy prosperity while you can, but when hard times strike, realise that they both come from God. Remember that nothing is certain in this life.(Food for thought hey!)

That is why Apostle Paul wrote in the Book of pHILIPPIANS 4:11-13 THAT "Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost NOTHING or with EVERYTHING. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do all things through CHRIST who gives me strength.(Amen)

CONCLUSION
Hebrew 6:1-3
So let us stop going over the basic teaching of Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding. Surely we don't need to start again with the fundamental importance of repenting from evil deeds and placing our faith in God. You don't need further instructions about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the death, and eternal judgement. And so God willing, we will move forward to further understanding.
Hebrew 2:1-2
We must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it. For the message delivered through angels has always stood firm, and every VIOLATION OF THE THE LAW AND EVERY ACT OF DISBEDIENCE WAS PUNISHED
Hebrew 3:12-14 " Be careful then, dear brothers and sisters. Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God.You must warn each other, while it is still "today," So that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God. For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ
Hebew 10:35-39
So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised."For just in just a little while, the Coming One will come and not delay, And my righteous ones will live by faith.But I will take no pleasure in anyone who turns away." But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the faithful ones, whose souls will be saved.

Conclusively, the word of God today is for the true bethern. The choosen ones! Hebrew5:14 "Solid food is for those who are mature, who through." training have the skill to recognise the difference b/w right and wrong." It is only a dog that returns to its vomit and a washed pig that will return to the mud.
Hebrew 6:7-8 "When the ground soaks up the falling rain and bears a good crop for the farmer, it has God's blessing. But if a field bears thonrs and thistles, it is useless. The farmer will soon condemn that feild and burn it.
Ecclesiastes 9:17-18 "Better to hear the quiet words of a wise person than the shouts of a foolish king. Better to have wisdom than the weapons of war,but one sinner can destroy much that is good.

Keep the good faith alive. God bless wink
Re: Spirtual Maturity Is What Is Needed In These Last Days by nuclearboy(m): 9:15pm On Aug 15, 2010
yommyuk:

The Holy spirit revealed to me that in the church today, there are 4 kind of ways in which the Word of God is recieved. These were revealed by our Lord Jesus Christ in the parables of the sower.

3. There are also others who hear God's word, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life, the lure of wealth and the desire for other things, so no fruit is produced. These are those who come to the church with other motives in mind. They are indirectly satan's agents. They are in church for what they can get from it. They are those who want to harvest where they did not sow.

Ecclesiastes 9:11-12
I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior does not always win the battle. The wise sometimes goes hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. IT IS ALL DECIDED BY CHANCE. BY BEING IN RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME. People can never predict when hard times might come. Like fish in a net or birds in a trap, people are caught by sudden tragedy. Why?
The answer lies in Ecclesiastes 7:13-14
Accepts the way God does things, for who can straighten what he has made crooked? Enjoy prosperity while you can, but when hard times strike, realise that they both come from God. Remember that nothing is certain in this life.(Food for thought hey!)

That is why Apostle Paul wrote in the Book of pHILIPPIANS 4:11-13 THAT "Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost NOTHING or with EVERYTHING. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do all things through CHRIST who gives me strength.(Amen)

Where are Joagbaje and his gang that welcomed Jesus into Jerusalem? They never show up when truth is displayed? Number 3 describes that "human" so well its like Christ and yommyuk were thinking about him!

(1) (Reply)

The LORD GOD? / Reasons Why Muslims Detest Christians' Months/days / In Which Gospels Was The Christmas Story Told?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.