Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? (29326 Views)

HAUSALAND: Teach Me Hausa / Please, Teach Me Efik/ibibio (calabar/akwa-ibom) Language. / Teach Me Naija Slang Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by ghettochyk(f): 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2006
when i heard people speaking pidgin, i thought it was soo tight. shocked i have to learn to speak it. i can understand some of it. can anyone help me?
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by Advin(m): 2:52pm On Jan 11, 2006
u go fit pay me? no be small job ooh. but anyhow sha, if you dey ready to learn, make you tell me, I go teach am to you.
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by casper(m): 4:36pm On Jan 11, 2006
wetyin u wan know and how much u go pay? grin
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by ldollier(f): 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2006
lol guyz she said teach her pidgin, not speak it to her

anywho ghettochyk, here is the translation to what they just said
Advinchi

link=topic=4976.msg165354#msg165354 date=1136987527]
u go fit pay me? no be small job ooh. but anyhow sha, if you dey ready to learn, make you tell me, I go teach am to you.
[/quote]

will you pay? its not an easy job. but anyways, if you are ready to learn, try and tell me, i will teach you.

[quote author=casper:

wetyin u wan know and how much u go pay? grin

what do you want to know and how much will you pay

lol, if your going to speak it for her, try and translate. anywho ghettochyk here are some

wetin dey happen -whats going on
how you dey - how are you
how bodi - how are you doing
abeg - please
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by ghettochyk(f): 10:46pm On Jan 11, 2006
[color=#006600]thanx y'all! grin is there any way to say that in pidgin?
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by dafman(m): 11:18pm On Jan 11, 2006
ghettochyk:

[color=#006600]thanx y'all! grin is there any way to say that in pidgin?

I tank una or una weldone
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by c0dec(m): 1:07am On Jan 12, 2006
na scorpio and ocho be the pidgin wizards for here - they gat it from birth
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by ghettochyk(f): 1:14am On Jan 12, 2006
ok! una weldone! [color=#000099][/color] grin
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by c0dec(m): 1:20am On Jan 12, 2006
wow she's catching up. now convert this to pidgin:

"that's not me but i'm just as bootylicious"
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by ghettochyk(f): 2:04am On Jan 12, 2006
dat no be me, but i deh just as bootylicious! grin[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by mizkay(f): 2:08am On Jan 12, 2006
Girl there's many different types of broken englishes (pidgin if you prefer)......cameroonian, ghanian, sierra leonan, nigerian, all these speak pidgin in different ways......personally i am cameroonian, and i speak mine well as well as nigerian pidgin really good. You pick and choose which country you want your pidgin to reflect and then someone fluent in that can go ahead and teach you.......if you want to be pro and classy about it smiley
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by dafman(m): 2:14am On Jan 12, 2006
ghettochyk:

that no be me, but i deh just as bootylicious! grin[color=#000099][/color]

not bad at all, I'm just trying to imagine how that would sound when you say it to someone----it would be like yankee pidgin grin
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by ghettochyk(f): 2:21am On Jan 12, 2006
that would sound funny. i tried to say it to myself, it didn't sound right, so i left it alone. you'd be rollin' if you heard it! grin[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by dafman(m): 2:26am On Jan 12, 2006
But ghettochyk you are a Nigerian aren't you? you should be able to manipulate yourself around pidgin then
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by ghettochyk(f): 2:29am On Jan 12, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Girl there's many different types of broken englishes (pidgin if you prefer)......cameroonian, ghanian, sierra leonan, nigerian, all these speak pidgin in different ways.personally i am cameroonian, and i speak mine well as well as nigerian pidgin really good. You pick and choose which country you want your pidgin to reflect and then someone fluent in that can go ahead and teach you.if you want to be pro and classy about it .

reply: i guess i meant the nigerian pidgin. [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by hotangel2(f): 3:25am On Jan 12, 2006
Pidgin is not hard. Just dabaru everything together.
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by ghettochyk(f): 3:27am On Jan 12, 2006
the problem is i can think it in my head, but it just don't come out right. lipsrsealed[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by Nobody: 3:33am On Jan 12, 2006
Its easy do ur parents speak it? Lizzy y u ignorn my txts
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by hotangel2(f): 3:33am On Jan 12, 2006
Type what you think. u don't have to say it to yourself. cheesy

KC check the african american or african thread.
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by thelastdon(m): 5:33pm On Jan 12, 2006
wetin dey happen for here, abi una no know sey na dem dem dey pluck dem dem,

anywho wey won learn to dey flow for pidgin to just gbami la go. 419419419419

I no be wetin u think oh!, cos it wasnt me, walahi no be me, emi ko lo ri
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by lexyflexy(m): 7:10pm On Jan 12, 2006
@ THELESTDON........when was d last time u saw ur family doc. .......seems u have not for clse to 3months now..... e don dey push u........
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by kaylala(m): 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2006
Has anyone told that

at all at all na winch and anything wey pa na winch
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by Advin(m): 9:03pm On Jan 12, 2006
Nna I dey trip for all of una oooh, those wey dey yankee na dem speak am pass, see as them just dey brekete the stuff. abeg make una follow teach me ooo.
Na waya.
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by adesodgi(m): 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2006
kaylala:

Has anyone told that

at all at all na winch and anything wey pa na winch
have heard that somewhere b4....african china i thfink?
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by ghettochyk(f): 9:07pm On Jan 12, 2006
y'all lost me. what the heck are you guys talking about?
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by kaylala(m): 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2006
adesodgi:

have heard that somewhere before.african china i thfink?

Hey guy,where have u been

Not really,it is just a general talk and slang in naija
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by kaylala(m): 9:10pm On Jan 12, 2006
ghettochyk:

y'all lost me. what the heck are you guys talking about?

Go back to the begining of your thread and sort urself out.It sounds confusing wink
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by ghettochyk(f): 9:12pm On Jan 12, 2006
i don't get it. sort what out?
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by Advin(m): 9:20pm On Jan 12, 2006
Pidgin dictionary dey. I fit give you, just order.
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by kaylala(m): 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2006
N E V E R M I N D[color=#990000][/color]

i Beg BoRrow am
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by Advin(m): 10:49pm On Jan 12, 2006
If she need am she go contact me. I no dey do voluntary work.
Re: Can Somebody Please Teach Me Pidgin? by ghettochyk(f): 11:16pm On Jan 12, 2006
Advinchi:

If she need am she go contact me. I no dey do voluntary work.

thanks for the offer man, but i think i'll let that slide. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Nigerian Slay Queens Twerk For Masquerade (photos) / Oluwo Of Iwo: How To Retrieve Nigerian Stolen Millions From US Via Local Charm / The White Manz' Perception Of Black Beauty Is Different From The Black Manz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.