Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe (10260 Views)

Soldier Cries And Begs After His Superior Caught Him Collecting Bribe (Video) / Enugu Governmet Accuses Flavour, Phyno Of Collecting N78m From Ekweremadu / Buhari: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by ionsman: 12:15am On Jan 24, 2019
The sacked Executive Secretary of the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TeTFund), Abdullahi Baffa, said he was forced out of office after the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, accused him of collecting bribes from tertiary institutions.
PREMIUM TIMES reported the sack of Mr Baffa on Monday by President Muhammadu Buhari. No reason was given for the sack. The president replaced Mr Baffa with Suleiman Bogoro, who was earlier sacked from the same position in 2016.

Mr Baffa told BBC Hausa on Wednesday that Mr Adamu sent his closest contractor to him to accuse him of three things.
“He mentioned the first, the second; and the third one he said I distributed over N200 billion to tertiary institutions.
“(He said) even if I used to collect at least 10% as kickback, I am supposed to have gotten at least N20 billion for myself.”
The sacked official then denied that he never got any kickbacks from any institution that TETFund distributed money to.

“I want to say here now that I have never asked any institution to give anything as kickback and if there is, let that school come forward.
“If they bring any evidence indicting me, I’m ready to accept death punishment,” Mr Baffa said.
He said Mr Adamu on several occasions accused him of insubordination for addressing press conferences without his consent.

Mr Adamu could not be reached for a reaction to Mr Bichi’s allegations. A spokesperson for the education ministry, Ben Goong, could not be reached on his known telephone number as at the time of this report.
Also, the Minister of State for Education, Anthony Onwuka, declined comment after our reporter introduced himself and his organisation. Mr Onwuka did not also reply a text message sent to his phone.

EDITOR’S NOTE: This story has been updated with the exact translation of the Hausa statement of Mr Baffa during the interview. He did not accuse the minister of demanding bribe but said the minister accused him of collecting bribe from government institutions.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/307430-updated-i-was-sacked-after-education-minister-accused-me-of-collecting-bribe-ex-tetfund-boss.html

Cc Lalasticlala Myndd 44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by ionsman: 12:15am On Jan 24, 2019
If fake news doesn't set this country ablaze...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by bizza45: 12:58am On Jan 24, 2019
oga quit playing d pity card, even devil bin know say u collect bribe
Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by Racoon(m): 3:18am On Jan 24, 2019
From PTF to The Buhari Organization (TBO), Buhari has consistently protected corrupt close aides from the consequences of their ethical and legal infractions.

This attitude of mollycoddling corrupt but loyal aides and appointees while pretending to be a man of “integrity” who is “fighting” corruption is getting worse by the day and indicates that, in spite of self-righteous declarations to the contrary, Buhari is himself morally indistinguishable from his crooked cronies.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailytrust.com.ng/amplite/adeosun-s-nysc-certificate-is-as-fake-as-buhari-s-integrity-260912.html

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by Stephenabudu960(m): 4:36am On Jan 24, 2019
okay

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by dust144(m): 4:36am On Jan 24, 2019
Deal with it, it's your fellow party man.

3 Likes

Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by buchilino(m): 4:39am On Jan 24, 2019
bizza45:

WAT IF HIS RIGHT N UR WRONG

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by Viking007(m): 4:40am On Jan 24, 2019
bizza45:
And he's asking you for a shred of proof, even ready to accept death sentence. Pray you don't get accused falsely.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by greatdreamer(m): 4:44am On Jan 24, 2019
Shut up. Buhari's ministers are saints. They don't ask, take or give bribes.
Withdraw that statement before Police, EFCC, ICPC, DSS, Almajiris, Buhari Media Cows, Yoruba Muslims A.ka MURIC come after you.

3 Likes

Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by johnjay4u2u(m): 4:47am On Jan 24, 2019
It's time to send that Adamu packing also. The senile being almost crippled our educational system.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by johnjay4u2u(m): 4:48am On Jan 24, 2019
greatdreamer:
E
for elephantiasis
Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by BabaCommander: 4:54am On Jan 24, 2019
The Buhari Minister was probably looking for returns from the man.

Such a shameful country to be.

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by mohammad11: 4:57am On Jan 24, 2019
The game of pointing fingers
Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by Pabloosas(m): 5:06am On Jan 24, 2019
Ok
Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by Yankee101: 5:14am On Jan 24, 2019
From close Special Assistant to enemies....over money

Be careful how you let money mix with friendships, it causes lifelong friends to become 'rest of life' enemies
Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by konkonbilo(m): 5:16am On Jan 24, 2019
Mr Baffa that was my math lecturer in 100 level at Bayero university Kano...one time aasu president. I no dey understand the guy teaching then,na like so e go de rush de talk like say hot porridge de hin mouth cheesy

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:16am On Jan 24, 2019
Eyaaaa never pray u get accused wrongly.
Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by kindnyce(m): 6:24am On Jan 24, 2019
Politically motivated
Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by Enuose242(m): 6:30am On Jan 24, 2019
The person who posted this news is apc supporter and a very biased person I fact with this post I don’t think I would trust whatever post that is been posted on Nairaland this is just not right I hope the owner of this Nairaland would call the person who posted this shit to order besides the original news says this man was sacked for failure to give minister of education 200 million Naira kick back.. below is the link and the pictures of the new

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/sacked-tetfund-boss-says-minister-demanded-n200m-bribe/amp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by CioAngels(f): 6:46am On Jan 24, 2019
Pa Buhari,when will you sack the DPR officials that are collecting bribe/selling successful candidates to to the highest bidders thereby denying qualified Nigerian youths from being employed? Pa Bihari, if Nigerians are to believe and trust in you, when will you sack them.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by jaxxy(m): 6:46am On Jan 24, 2019
Interesting
Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by AnanseK(m): 6:52am On Jan 24, 2019
Dr. Bappah Bichi: Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish.
*Bello Mukhtar*
bellomukhtar@icloud.com

As it were, the one time boot kicker of the Minister of Education and a host of people whom the Minister, Mallam Adamu Adamu holds in high esteem. Dr. Bappah Abdullahi Bichi would stride into the Minister’s residence before the Ministerial appointments by President Muhammadu Buhari. He would sit and join in discussions on a variety of issues including politics, governance and a lot of other subject matters

Dr. Bichi was a typical sycophant who would praise the Minister and President Buhari till we began to yawn with boredom. I engaged him in a lot of heated discussions regarding the new administration of President Buhari to the point that the Minister once told me, “Bello, do you not know we have people who actually support every single action the President took”? I became aware Bappah Bichi was one of such people. His script worked like magic

The Education Minister and even myself were firmly of the opinion that Bichi was a Nigerian to the core. He was a member of the transition committee. Upon the conclusion of the transition exercise, a friend of the Minister suggested he appointed this disciplined and dedicated university lecturer as his Adviser on Technical Matters. However, Dr. Bappah was not satisfied, he continued his pilgrimage to the Minister’s residence in his dilapidated Nissan Saloon car which belongs to the university he was lecturing.

Again, the same friends of the Minister asked the Minister to appoint him as the Executive Secretary of the Tertiary Institutions Trust Funds. An office the Minister told me he got 26 letters from state governors lobbying for the seat to their various states knowing the importance of the office. Against all odds, Mallam Adamu Adamu made him the TETFund ES and at the same time, to show his greed, Bichi locked the office of Adviser (Technical) at the Ministry and left, leaving the office without a new occupant. Before you know it, Dr. Bichi began by showing disrespect to members of staff of the institution to the point that his arrogance made him commandeer one of the elevators as his’ alone.

Staff of the Fund began to reminisce on their former boss, Professor Sulaiman Bogoro. An extremely humble personality who assisted his staff in carrying files whenever he saw a staff clutching bundles of files. Bogoro was always full of life and smile. He was a very charismatic leader and was loved by every single staff of the organisation. A lot of TETFund staff were shedding tears as it was announced that Professor Bogoro was replaced with an unknown, lame duck and extremely arrogant and unexposed lecturer from the Bayero University, Kano.

No sooner had Bichi taken over, he began to undo a lot of very important programmes of the organisation even with the disapproval of the Minister. Bappah began to nail his coffin when the Minister heard what Dr. Bichi was engaged in during a meeting between the Minister and university Vice Chancellors who lamented to the awe and shock of the Minister. Adamu Adamu asked what were they beating around the bush for? And demanded they told him. A certain VC from a southern university garnered the courage to tell the Minister, “sir; we are finding it hard to remit the 25% of our allocations as we were ordered by the ES.”The Minister was livid with rage and asked what 25%? The Minster was shocked literally, when he was informed the ES asked them to remit the amount for “stakeholders” and “the Minister’s family”!

The Minister told them there and then that he never gave any approvals as such. That was the beginning of his woes at TETFund. Then Bappah Bichi began to nurse a gubernatorial ambition. A lot of people are still of the belief that Bichi had a hand in the Gqnduje Videos (though it is not proved as accurate yet) but, he began to travel to Kano; (his home state) and started sponsoring radio programmes where hired would go on air and spew all sorts of campaign jargon thinking he would appeal to President Buhari.

Bichi began a campaign programme so shamelessly with public funds dubbed “One To Tell Ten”! He was cautioned by the Minister to desist from such misadventure but his words fell on dumb ears of Bichi because he had infiltrated the so called “cabal”.

Bichi, equipped with his connections with certain people in high places, began to pay courtesy calls to the ICPC and EFCC. A trick he thought would guarantee his continued pilfering of resources for his personal gain.

Bappah was hated by every single member of staff at TETFund to the point that when the gentleman; Professor Bogoro was announced as the new ES, videos of jubilations by staff of the organisation almost made Bogoro shed tears as he was welcome back to receive the hand over notes by the once all powerful, arrogant and disrespectful Bichi.

I hope the EFCC picks him soon so that he may answer and vomit back whatever he siphoned for his political contraption which will never bring him anywhere near the Kano Government House. While I congratulate Professor Bogoro, I say good riddance to bad rubbish to Dr Bappah Abdullahi Bichi. As the saying goes, “be nice to the people you meet on your way up as they are the same people you’ll meet on your way down/“ Of all people, Bichi will never forget this adage!

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by ClearFlair: 7:17am On Jan 24, 2019
Racoon:

Cock and bull story.
Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by APCpackandgo: 7:50am On Jan 24, 2019
Ok
Re: UPDATED: I Was Sacked After Education Minister Accused Me Of Collecting Bribe by mechanics(m): 8:34am On Jan 24, 2019
Eyah, two heads of agency in the education ministry out, it's well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Hits Katsina Borders, Litre Goes For N250 / Ayade: PDP Dissolves, Replaces Cross River State Caretaker Committee / Nigerian Among The Top 10 People With The Highest IQ In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.