Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,419 members, 7,781,222 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:52 AM

Engine Conversion - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Conversion (8990 Views)

Project: Nissan Deisel Engine Conversion To Petrol / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engine Conversion by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 14, 2011
donfidel:

Thanks, Siena, for your timely advice yesterday. The car is ok now.
I'm deeply grateful.

Glad you got her running sweet once more. cool
Re: Engine Conversion by MrKelly: 8:41am On Mar 14, 2011
Thanks Siena. You are indeed a Godsent. I will contact you before the end of this week.
Re: Engine Conversion by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2011
^^^ No worries, Mr Kelly.
Re: Engine Conversion by phemmylola: 10:02am On May 18, 2011
@Sienna,I have the same problem with Kelly but mine is Kia optima 2001 model,automatic.When ever i accelerate i always a loud crank noise.I called a mechanic,i was adviced to change the engine but someone told me i cn swap the Kia engine with hyundai's but with little issue that some sensors may not be compatible with hyundai engine.What do you suggest i do?
Re: Engine Conversion by zoomzu(f): 12:45pm On May 18, 2011
@ Siena and Kunle, please kindly help. I ride honda accord (Bullet Tiger Face) Initial, then I locked/open the car, the lights blink twice and then goes off, also then the car is locked, there is this security light that blinks on the door but recently, it just stopped working. pls what could be the problem and what can I do. Thank you.
Re: Engine Conversion by Nobody: 11:44am On May 30, 2011
phemmylola:

@Sienna,I have the same problem with Kelly but mine is Kia optima 2001 model,automatic.When ever i accelerate i always a loud crank noise.I called a mechanic,i was adviced to change the engine but someone told me i cn swap the Kia engine with hyundai's but with little issue that some sensors may not be compatible with hyundai engine.What do you suggest i do?

By loud crankshaft noise, I take it you mean a rattle / knocking sound? I woulp prefer you have your own engine rebuilt, with a reground crank, new main and big-end bearings. An engine replacement should be as a last resort.

And yes, Hyundai and Kia share most engine and transmission parts. Sensors? That shouldn't be an obstacle - simply transfer the ones over from the old engine, to the new one.
Re: Engine Conversion by Nobody: 11:46am On May 30, 2011
zoomzu:

@ Siena and Kunle, please kindly help. I ride honda accord (Bullet Tiger Face) Initial, then I locked/open the car, the lights blink twice and then goes off, also then the car is locked, there is this security light that blinks on the door but recently, it just stopped working. pls what could be the problem and what can I do. Thank you.

What's stopped working? The little red blinking LED in the inner door panel, or the alarm / security system itself? Does your car have remote arming / locking / unlocking, or do you have to use the key in the driver's door?
Re: Engine Conversion by kabassa: 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
Please I need your advice on a car a seller wants to sell
Nissan Altima 2006 ,3.5l but now caring 2.5l engine.the brain box not working .
Model year. = (2006)
2) Engine capacity. = (3.5 ltr)
3) Engine configuration = (V6)
4) Transmission type = (Auto transmission)
But now converted to I4 engine but brain box not working.
Re: Engine Conversion by DECOtech(m): 12:04am On Nov 03, 2017
kabassa:
Please I need your advice on a car a seller wants to sell
Nissan Altima 2006 ,3.5l but now caring 2.5l engine.the brain box not working .
Model year. = (2006)
2) Engine capacity. = (3.5 ltr)
3) Engine configuration = (V6)
4) Transmission type = (Auto transmission)
But now converted to I4 engine but brain box not working.

did the seller buy a new brainbox or is he tryn to use a v6 brainbox for an I4 engine?
Re: Engine Conversion by ally08055(m): 11:30am On Oct 29, 2018
Hello sienna...
Pls i need ur sincere advice...
i just got a 2008 kia cerato but just found out the engine smokes but not so much... just little..
Was told to remove the engine and replace it with a mazda 626 engine....

some said the engine can be ringed....

others said i should simply get another kia engine.. (very ezpensive .. about 500k

What do u suggest... can it be ringed?? and after which it would function well

Cause i also learnt that kia cerato engines a difficult to repair or are probably not repairable....

Thanks as i await a response from u
Re: Engine Conversion by Adedolapo1: 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2018
ally08055:
Hello sienna...
i just got a 2008 kia cerato but just found out the engine smokes but not so much... just little..

others said i should simply get another kia engine.. (very ezpensive .. about 500k

Cause i also learnt that kia cerato engines a difficult to repair or are probably not repairable....

CC; GAZZUZZ
Re: Engine Conversion by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:51pm On Oct 29, 2018
ally08055:
Hello sienna...

its a very fragile engine. If it has had severe overheating in the past, best to replace. The 626 option is a killer move, after replacing it, it's down hill from there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engine Conversion by CityNGR: 10:42pm On Oct 29, 2018
sonibota:
I have been a fan of Nairaland for quite some time now. Off all the threads I happen to have latched on to, I have not seen any discussion on the conversion of car engines. Can Nairalanders kindly educate some of us of the possibility of converting a V6 engine to a 4 cylinder engine. If conversion is possible, what are the likely problems one would experience in due course?
Very possible. Especially with a manual transmission
Re: Engine Conversion by ally08055(m): 11:09am On Oct 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

its a very fragile engine. If it has had severe overheating in the past, best to replace. The 626 option is a killer move, after replacing it, it's down hill from there.

Thanks for your response Gazzuzz....
Can it be repaired? or its just simply to replace
Re: Engine Conversion by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
ally08055:

Thanks for your response Gazzuzz....
Can it be repaired? or its just simply to replace

Replace if unsure.
Re: Engine Conversion by xcuggsm(m): 1:23am On Aug 20, 2021
I visited Benin last week and I came accros a Nissan Murano 3.5L which was converted to run on Toyota Sienna engine and transmission.

I have a 2008 model Nissan Pathfinder which I am wondering if it can be converted to run a Toyota Sienna 3.5 liter engine and transmission.

Any ideas, if this is possible
Re: Engine Conversion by ibbkiddsx: 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2021
Hello house
I have Toyota 4runner 2006 V8 4.7 Litre. Engine Do you think it's possible to convert it to V6 engine?
Re: Engine Conversion by olumzzz(m): 5:09am On Aug 21, 2021
ibbkiddsx:
Hello house
I have Toyota 4runner 2006 V8 4.7 Litre. Engine Do you think it's possible to convert it to V6 engine?
Best option:
Sell the one with you, add the money you want to use for conversion and buy a stock v6

2 Likes

Re: Engine Conversion by bodnel: 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2022
Gurus in the house i drive an suv renault duster 2011 manual , can it be converted to an automatic toyota camry engine ? if yes what is the costing please ?
Re: Engine Conversion by diportivo: 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2022
bodnel:
Gurus in the house i drive an suv renault duster 2011 manual , can it be converted to an automatic toyota camry engine ? if yes what is the costing please ?

you obviously didn't read the thread

if you cannot read,you do not need to be advised undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? / Traffic Offences In Lagos State According To Lastma / 12 Million Cars Owners In Nigeria Use Fake Insurance Cover- Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.