Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Odemwinge Welcome To The English Premier League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Odemwinge Welcome To The English Premier League (664 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / English Premier League Fixtures For This Weekend And Beyond / Latest Footballnews:english Premier League Results For Matches Played Yesterday: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Odemwinge Welcome To The English Premier League by Rhydem: 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2010
Roberto Di Matteo has confirmed that West Brom have agreed terms with Nigeria striker Peter Odemwingie and he hopes that the move will be completed as soon as possible.

The Lokomotiv Moscow player claimed on Tuesday that he had signed a contract with the Premier League club and boss Di Matteo is now waiting on international clearance for the transfer to become official.

West Brom have been eager to increase their attacking options throughout the summer as they aim to avoid an immediate return to the Championship following last season's promotion.

The task appears to be a difficult one after a six-goal hammering at Premier League champions Chelsea on the opening day, so Di Matteohopes that Odemwingie will raise spirits at The Hawthorns ahead of Saturday's arrival of Sunderland.

"We've agreed terms with Peter Odemwingie," the Italian told the Birmingham Mail.

Great pace

"We are still sorting out his visa so he's not here yet. Hopefully he'll join us ASAP. That will give the players a lift."

Di Matteo added: "He's got a great CV and he's a good player. We need a few new faces and it lifts everyone when you see a player like him coming in.

"I'm pleased he is joining us because I'm sure he will be able to help us. He has got great pace.

"He is two-footed and has good experience at a very high level. He's played as a striker and a winger in his career."

Di Matteo has also said that West Brom are attempting to complete the signing of Red Bull Salzburg winger Somen Tchyoi.

Competition
"We're still working on it but we haven't finalised it yet," he explained.

West Brom are also hopeful of adding another striker to their squad before the transfer deadline, but Di Matteo recognises that time is running out.

"Let's see," he said. "I would like to have some competition and more strength in the team.

"But what I would like is really secondary to what we can do. To be honest, we have to realise that this is what we can work with.

"At the beginning of the season I did say something that I wanted a bit more, but we just have to get on with it. There is nothing I can do."

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6320017,00.html

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea - The End? / Chelsea Sacks Carlo Ancelotti / Is This The Greatest Fraud In Sporting History?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.