Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,422 members, 7,781,228 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:57 AM

LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT (12101 Views)

Biafra Is No Antidote To Nigerian Problems / 3 Major Nigerian Problems Buhari Should Tackle - Dangote / What Is Your Solution For The Following Nigerian Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by Tadeus(m): 10:20pm On Aug 18, 2010
I THINK THAT THE ONLY WAY TO SOLVE NIGERIAN PROBLEM IS TO LIST THE ISSUES HERE AND THINK OF POSSIBLE SOLUTION

LET ME START WITH TWO; ALMAGATION OF 1914, AND, NIGER DELTA CRISIS

AFTER, WE WILL TALK ABOUT  NIGERIAN POLICE ISSUE, AND SO ON

THINK OF EASY WAY TO SOLVE THESE PROBLEMS IF NOT PERMANENTLY, TENTATIVELY

YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS ARE WELCOME
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by CareTaker1(m): 11:12pm On Aug 18, 2010
I am on my own.

So Nigeria's problem is lying to self, where there is no vision, " I am nobody from nowhere, i don't know who i am and i don't know where i come from and i don't know where i am going" is a quote from James hardly Chase.

Which way Nigeria? uncle sunny okoson

All them customs are wearing well starched imported khakis and brocades and their songs and contraband echoes are getting higher when their masters approaches nearear.

deceiving  self is a lost state.

God Bless Nigeria!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GodBlessNigeria.com
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by Ikengawo: 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2010
if you want to talk about 1914 then cool.

the bottom line is union and/or division doesn't make a difference in development.

the people stealing from igbo land are the igbo governors in their same state, same village, same family sometimes and the same is true for all tribes

all parts of nigeria have the exact same problems at the exact same extent with few exceptions here and there

and the new generation of nigerians dont really care about 1914.

so 1914 is a non issue in that we are nigeria and the next step is moving forward together and not apart.

if all 3 major tribes divided today we would have 3 poor countries with bad facilities and rampant corruption, only difference is they will be weaker and about 70% of nigeria whos livelihood depend on the ability to travel freely in nigeria for school, business, and living will be cut off and left in limbo.

1 Like

Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by Ikengawo: 11:28pm On Aug 18, 2010
the government has done an excellent job with the Niger Delta crisis

i STRONGLY believe the delta should get 100% of what it makes as should all states with maybe 30 or 20% given to the federal government.

but all this allocation and government involvement in oil is causing deep ethnic strife, and corrupting our politics. it is also making non productive states welfare receivers which permits them to remain non productive.

if jigawa doesn't make oil jigawa shouldn't get oil money.
it should find a way to make money which it will be forced to do and that, the need for prosper, creates prosperity.

oil killed agriculture in the north and industry in the west and east because nobody needed those things anymore.

let the niger delta get 100% of what if makes. I would rather one super rich developed first world region/state in nigeria then 36 mediocre and poor ones.

none of the worlds richest countries got rich from oil, we are no different.
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by Tadeus(m): 7:16am On Aug 19, 2010
the government has done an excellent job with the Niger Delta crisis

i STRONGLY believe the delta should get 100% of what it makes as should all states with maybe 30 or 20% given to the federal government.

but all this allocation and government involvement in oil is causing deep ethnic strife, and corrupting our politics. it is also making non productive states welfare receivers which permits them to remain non productive.

if jigawa doesn't make oil jigawa shouldn't get oil money.
it should find a way to make money which it will be forced to do and that, the need for prosper, creates prosperity.

oil killed agriculture in the north and industry in the west and east because nobody needed those things anymore.

let the niger delta get 100% of what if makes. I would rather one super rich developed first world region/state in nigeria then 36 mediocre and poor ones.

none of the worlds richest countries got rich from oil, we are no different.

You are talkin sense here, but do you think your suggestion is the right thing to do for now to solve Niger?delta crises, ?

the bottom line is union and/or division doesn't make a difference in development.

the people stealing from igbo land are the igbo governors in their same state, same village, same family sometimes and the same is true for all tribes

all parts of nigeria have the exact same problems at the exact same extent with few exceptions here and there

so 1914 is a non issue in that we are nigeria and the next step is moving forward together and not apart.

if all 3 major tribes divided today we would have 3 poor countries with bad facilities and rampant corruption, only difference is they will be weaker and about 70% of nigeria whos livelihood depend on the ability to travel freely in nigeria for school, business, and living will be cut off and left in limbo.

According to our past Nationalist both from west and east,they belief that 1914 is were the problem of Nigerian start from, But nobody is talkin about division here, there other way we can solve this issue amicably without division

You forgot to talk about Nigerian Police Force issues sir

thank you very much for your contributions
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by Ikengawo: 7:45am On Aug 19, 2010
the problem didn't 'start' in 1914. there's no real problem that no country hasn't and isn't facing and it has been there.
400 years old being economically exploited and sold into slavery by europe is what preceeded 1914, so how did 'the problem' start then? Was nigeria a utopia before 1914?

and yes, i think the delta should keep its earnings. prior. outside of what taxes bring to the fed.
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 19, 2010
To me the amalgamation issue has been overflogged,the Nigerdelta crisis though the govt has done a good job with the amnesty programme,it goes beyond that.Let us critically look at the problem of Nigeria in say the last 20 years, without wearing our ethnic glasses or just talking mouths,major problem remains leadership.

The leadership of this country seems to me to be perpetually visionless,focusless and consist of greedy,corrupt and corruptible leaders.
I may not know much but is it really hard to generate and maintain constant electricity,is it that hard to build good roads,railways and maintain it?
Is it impossible that the education system are exposed to the best like our counterparts in the advanced countries?
How hard is it to build a minimally corrupt police force where they are not desperate for 20N or 50N.If they can have a Nigerian millitary that still operates with discipline and are atleast well regarded in International circles why cant we get the same for our police force that are to provide security to citizens of a country when they are not at war.
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by samm(m): 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2010
Ikengawo:

the problem didn't 'start' in 1914. there's no real problem that no country hasn't and isn't facing and it has been there.
400 years old being economically exploited and sold into slavery by europe is what preceeded 1914, so how did 'the problem' start then? Was nigeria a utopia before 1914?

and yes, i think the delta should keep its earnings. prior. outside of what taxes bring to the fed.
Ikengawo:

Excellent Point!
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by Tadeus(m): 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2010
To me the amalgamation issue has been overflogged,the Nigerdelta crisis though the govt has done a good job with the amnesty programme,it goes beyond that.Let us critically look at the problem of Nigeria in say the last 20 years, without wearing our ethnic glasses or just talking mouths,major problem remains leadership.

The leadership of this country seems to me to be perpetually visionless,focusless and consist of greedy,corrupt and corruptible leaders.
I may not know much but is it really hard to generate and maintain constant electricity,is it that hard to build good roads,railways and maintain it?
Is it impossible that the education system are exposed to the best like our counterparts in the advanced countries?
How hard is it to build a minimally corrupt police force where they are not desperate for 20N or 50N.If they can have a Nigerian millitary that still operates with discipline and are atleast well regarded in International circles why cant we get the same for our police force that are to provide security to citizens of a country when they are not at war.

Talking about our leaders, I think the problem is not only on our leaders but also on the masses, If we all can start to be sincere with ourselves and face reality, put ethnic mindset aside and look ourselves as one, the problem wil be half solved, I m not saying that our leaders are right but we have to ask ourselves if we are really wishing ourselves progress or not, For instance, what is going on in Niger/delta soil now is majorly caused by the citizens not government because in any forms of government, i have never come across were its constitutionally allowed for a group of small societies to dictate for her government on what to do, such as how to share resources and others, Our leaders have failed us agreed, but we have to look for way out not to complicate the issues

Secondly, the issue of Nigerian Police Force is another thing we have to take it serious, Policemen have turned to another thing, their primary objectives are to protect the right of citizens and settle civil dispute in our society, but now they have succeded in companding to Nigerian problems, we have to tackle this problem seriously,

More ideas are welcome
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by Tadeus(m): 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2010
If the amalgation of 1914 is not affecting our country, are we making progress at all, ?
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by MShittu: 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2010
There are two main problems in Nigeria, namely our people and our politicians.
Nigerians nag a lot. They can nag about almost anything. Because of their excessive complaining, they begin looking for solutions to non-existant problems. Igbos are a prime example. Poorer Igbo people still continue to complain about their people as a marginalized nation within Nigeria, convinced that Biafra is the only solution to their problems. The truth is that the problems Igbos see are present nationwide. Igbos believe that they are poor because the west and north rob them of their money and resources, when, in fact, many Northerners find themselves in situations infinitely worse than those Igbos can find themselves in. The reason that Nigerians are poor is our politicians. After Murtala Moh'd decided to fire older politicians, who discovered that upon their retirement, they received very little through pension money, the next generation of politicians and military men decided that the only way to get enough 'bread' to feed themselves was through hoarding as much money as they could when they would rise to power. They did not understand the consequences that would come about as a result of their greed, and have become much too used to the bread to stop their corruption now. Nigeria's only hope lies not in its division, but in power and education. What we need is for PHCN to become efficient, or to be sold to a private business. If parts of the company are sold to different companies, those companies will compete for adoption and acceptance, and, quite quickly, will become much more efficient than PHCN. We should also educate our people so that the next generations never repeat the mistakes made by the current stock of politicians.
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by Tadeus(m): 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2010
There are two main problems in Nigeria, namely our people and our politicians.
Nigerians nag a lot. They can nag about almost anything. Because of their excessive complaining, they begin looking for solutions to non-existant problems. Igbos are a prime example. Poorer Igbo people still continue to complain about their people as a marginalized nation within Nigeria, convinced that Biafra is the only solution to their problems. The truth is that the problems Igbos see are present nationwide. Igbos believe that they are poor because the west and north rob them of their money and resources, when, in fact, many Northerners find themselves in situations infinitely worse than those Igbos can find themselves in. The reason that Nigerians are poor is our politicians. After Murtala Moh'd decided to fire older politicians, who discovered that upon their retirement, they received very little through pension money, the next generation of politicians and military men decided that the only way to get enough 'bread' to feed themselves was through hoarding as much money as they could when they would rise to power. They did not understand the consequences that would come about as a result of their greed, and have become much too used to the bread to stop their corruption now. Nigeria's only hope lies not in its division, but in power and education. What we need is for PHCN to become efficient, or to be sold to a private business. If parts of the company are sold to different companies, those companies will compete for adoption and acceptance, and, quite quickly, will become much more efficient than PHCN. We should also educate our people so that the next generations never repeat the mistakes made by the current stock of politicians.

You tried, i appreciate your contribution, But do you think that these are the major problems we are facing, ?

In political realm, I think the leaders determine the economy of a state not masses, If you said that some people goes to war because they are poor, it means that their leaders has failed them, igbo did not goes to war simply because they are poor, there some remote and immediate cause of the misunderstanding between igbo and federal government,

Resources allocation has caused lots of problem in Nigeria and the problems keeps expanding everyday, Many attempts to provide lasting solution to it, but all prove abortive,
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by jamace(m): 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2010
Our problems are old politicians who think Nigeria is their personal property. Not that they performed well while they ruled, yet they see Nigeria as a their property that they can bounce on any time they like and loot the treasury to their satisfaction.

One day be one day, their eyes go see pepper.
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by LAGOS1976: 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2010
too many to mention.
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by CrudeOil2(m): 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2010
Disunity; Greed; Leadership failure; bad and failed economic, political and educational institutions, mistrust etc
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by Tadeus(m): 11:20pm On Aug 23, 2010
Disunity; Greed; Leadership failure; bad and failed economic, political and educational institutions, mistrust etc

All in all, Bad leadership
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by newspapers: 10:23am On Oct 24, 2014
The Challenges also worth mentioning are Corruption, Insecurity and Health. Enough of placing blames and looking inward even as we develop this nation. http://www.divanaija.com.ng/names-blames-nigerian-challenges/
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by richeso: 11:13am On Oct 24, 2014
this thread need to be waken......
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by Abba999(f): 5:04pm On Oct 24, 2014
The naked truth is that Igbo-Yoruba-Hausa are just opposite set of tribes. We are not same! We don't share similar ideology. So we can never be united- impossible!

Nigerians live in self denial. Division according to familiar tribes will bring about patroticism competition and development.

They fraudulent greedy British - Hausa 1914 amalgamation remains Nigeria root problem.

Review it and come to Referendum, you'll nip the long rooted cancerous Nigeria problem into the nob.
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by horpe132(m): 5:16pm On Oct 24, 2014
Andyblaze
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by AndyBlazePenis(f): 5:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
horpe132:
Andyblaze
shut up
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by 9jii(m): 5:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
Selfishness in almost every Nigerian
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by horpe132(m): 7:59pm On Oct 24, 2014
AndyBlazePenis:
shut up

** grin grin grin grin ............See Moniker grin
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by AndyBlazePenis(f): 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2014
horpe132:

** grin grin grin grin ............See Moniker grin

grin Horpepenis
Re: LETS IDENTIFY NIGERIAN PROBLEMS AND SOLVE IT by Tadeus(m): 1:47pm On May 13, 2019
richeso:
this thread need to be waken......

I second the motion

(1) (Reply)

ChannelsTV Forum On Saving The Police College Suspended! / Bandit Attacks: Protesting Zamfara Women Block Gusau-Kaduna Road / 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.