Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:18 PM

Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser (2624 Views)

Jonathan Swears In New Ministers (Photos) / Jonathan Swears In New INEC Commissioner / Justice Aloma Mariam Mukhtar : Nigeria’s First Female Chief Justice: A Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2010
[size=28pt]Jonathan swears in first female chief economic adviser
[/size]

President Goodluck Jonathan has sworn in the first female Chief Economic Adviser in the person of Professor (Mrs) Precious Kassey Garba, with a charge to develop blueprints that would help to turn around the economy.

Performing the ceremony at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Wednesday, the president pointed out that as the live wire of the nation, the economy must be given strategic attention and focus.

The president, who called on Professor Mrs. Kessey to see her appointment as a call to national service, added that she must work in collaboration with the Minister of Finance, Mr. Olusegun Aganga, to address the challenges facing the economy.

Professor Garba is taking over from Dr Tanimu Yakubu Kurfi, who was appointed by the late President Umaru Yar'Adua. She was, until her appointment, the Dean, Faculty of Social Science, University of Ibadan.

According to the president, "you have now been called to serve the government as Chief Economic Adviser to contribute in strengthening the economic team. You have done well in the university by adding academic qualification to knowledge."

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/aug/19/608.html
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2010
We're getting there. . . . smiley
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by naso2(m): 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2010
I hope this woman help place SLS in his rightful place.

Dem no suppose dey use sudanese diploma in bombing studies dey run economy.
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by chosen04(f): 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2010
I hope this is not the making of another cheap hero wannabe, cheap opportunist DORA?
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by naso2(m): 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^
hey, can we leave queen Dora out of this pleaseeeeee? cool
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by safariman(m): 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2010
"Until her appointment, Professor Garba was the Dean, Faculty of The Social Sciences at the University of Ibadan"
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by naso2(m): 8:21pm On Aug 19, 2010
^^^^^^^
Do you have a problem with that?
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2010
it's a 'national character' appointment.
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by bawomolo(m): 8:33pm On Aug 19, 2010
hilarious how this turned into a conversation about her ethnicity.
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 19, 2010
So every female appointee with the 'professor' title is now a suspect??

Haha jokers!

Una never really talk wetin Dora do una.
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by Osama10(m): 8:57pm On Aug 19, 2010
I hope she performs well.
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by safariman(m): 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2010
@ na so
I don't have problem with that as long as her background included Economics and not some psycology classes
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by philip0906(m): 10:07pm On Aug 19, 2010
Mscheeew. . .shioooor undecided
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 20, 2010
philip0906:

Mscheeew. . .shioooor undecided
like dude, se ko si?
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by excanny: 9:40am On Aug 20, 2010
Osama10:

That's the point. Nigeria's economy is quite different from an U.I lecture room.
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by excanny: 9:51am On Aug 20, 2010
Osama10:

That's the point. Nigeria's economy is quite different from a U.I lecture room.
Re: Jonathan Swears In First Female Chief Economic Adviser by naso2(m): 10:48am On Aug 20, 2010
safariman:

@ na so
I don't have problem with that as long as her background included Economics and not some psycology classes

answer:

President Goodluck Jonathan has announced the appointment of Professor Precious Kassey Garba as his Chief Economic Adviser.

According to a statement issued by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Ima Niboro, in Abuja on Friday, until her appointment, she has served as Professor of Economics and Dean, Faculty of The Social Sciences at the University of Ibadan.

She was also Vice-President of the Nigerian Economic Society (NES) between 2003 and 2007.

Prof. Garba is a recipient of several prizes in academic research and author of many research works on economics.

The statement also said that Jonathan has similarly appointed Prof. Dan Adebiyi as his Special Adviser on Policy Monitoring and Performance Evaluation.

A seasoned policy analyst who has served government in various capacities, Prof. Adebiyi is presently a member of the Presidential Advisory Council. He has his degrees in Political Science, International Relations, and Government and Strategic Studies from the University of Ibadan and the Harvard University, USA.

Both appointments take immediate effect.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/news/1777-jonathan-appoints-new-advisers.html

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! / Are These (looters) Guys Dumb, High Or What? / The Whole Truth About The Man, Rotimi Amaechi!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.