Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) - Culture (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (131413 Views)

Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / Does Culture Define The Way Nigerian Men Act In Relationships To A Large Extent? / Colonial Alaigbo (Igboland) in Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Abagworo(m): 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2012
ijaw citizen: WHAT IS THE MEANING OF EGBUOMA, DONT TRY TO TWIST IT TO LOOK LIKE EGBUO-AMA BECAUSE MY IGBO NEIGHBOURs HAVE ALREADY TOLD ME ITS MEANING

I know what you are trying to get at but you need to come a bit upland like I told you earlier. We(Igbo and Ijaw) do actually share a lot more than you might know. In Imo State there is a place called Oboama and Umuokrika. Even Isuama, Amaigbo, Eziama and others are names one might find in Ijaw too. Igbos do bear Okoroama as surname and call curlew birds "ugoloma" like the okoloma of Ijaw.

Egbuoma is not Egbuo ama as you thought but is derived from the names of the founders. Egbu and Oma. Oma is a woman believed to have founded many towns around the Orlu/Ihiala area.

The mother of Egbu was Oma. She distributed her children to various areas and they founded Ibi, Aji, Egbu-Oma, Egwe-Oma Uli, Mgbidi-Oma, Ihie-Oma ,Eleyi-Oma and Omuma. Prior to this, she planted her water pot at Ibi and the pot is still at the place till today as a mark of unity among her children.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by aljharem(m): 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin oturugo aka Andre and co quit ventilating on who is Igbo or not. Once you have made your point leave haba 65 pages on who is igbo and who is not.

If you bare Uche Emeka Nneka etc go to anypart of the world and say you are not Igbo, you would be laughed at.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Dede1(m): 7:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
killayut:

You Idiot. You are an Igbo and not even Ikwere so shut up. Ikwere people even understand PH is an Okrika town. Now you are not even qualified to argue with me cos you are Igbo and not even Ikwere. NAMA SUO BIRI.

Look at this NAMA TIGOGO. When did the so-called Ijo start having compound-AMA? The so-called Ijo live on the boat. Even today, some Ijo still live on the boat. The only town in the then eastern region that will pass as Ijo’s is sand filled.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by BlackPikiN(m): 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2012
ijaw citizen: [size=15pt]AMA IS A 100% IJAW WORD BORROWED BY THE IGBOS[/size]. I JUST ASKED MY IGBO FRIEND, HE SAID IT MEAN A STREET/DISTRICT, AND THAT IGBOS HAVE OTHER WORDS FOR TOWN. AMA AS A TOWN IS UNDERSTOOD ALL THRU IJAWLAND. THE FIRST MEANING OF THE WORD IS A TOWN, GENERALLY. SECONDLY IT MEANS A GROUP OF THINGS OR PEOPLE eg YE AMA (CERTAIN THINGS), OSU AMA (IGBO SLAVES) ETC. IF YOU SAY IGBOS FOUNDED THESE IJAW COMMUNITIES BEARING THE -AMA SUFFIX, HOW COME NO IGBO TOWN IS NAMED WITH THAT SUFFIX AS USED IN IJAWLAND?

Are you on some cheap weed?

In my grandmoms village, AMA is a play ground for games or an open space for a meeting or a clan.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Abagworo(m): 9:53pm On Sep 15, 2012
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by pazienza(m): 10:15pm On Sep 15, 2012
killayut:

You Idiot. You are an Igbo and not even Ikwere so shut up. Ikwere people even understand PH is an Okrika town. Now you are not even qualified to argue with me cos you are Igbo and not even Ikwere. NAMA SUO BIRI.

Ewu can beer,there are no ijaws in rivers state,go to your backward yenegoa,stop trying to reap where you didn't sow,such behaviour might just land you in atlantic ocean,where you came from.

Ijaw people have no land,they are river people. When the time is right,we would convert those landfilled swamps back to water bodies,and send you lots to the atlantic ocean,we will upgrade you from river people to ocean people.

1 Like

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by OneNaira6: 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2012
killayut:

Dude, stop laying claim to everything in River state. WTF is wrong with you? Not only did you lay claim to Engenni, Ndoki and Egbema communities in the other thread, here you are yet again laying claim to PH.

The problem with all you people in NL is that you forget, you can write whatever it is you want on this website, twist history and lie as much as you can on this website, the community in question might actually have a website written either by their local government or their king to counteract every lies brought upon them on this website.

PH originally is an Ikwerre town; now-a-days it stretches to Okirika and other communities.

Here is the history of Portharcourt from the Official LGA website. Written by the Local government of the city; approved and posted by the river state and Nigerian government

[size=15pt]Port Harcourt was founded in 1912 by the British in an area traditionally inhabited by the Ikwerre, an Igbo subgroup.[/size] It was named after Lewis, Viscount Harcourt, Secretary of State for the Colonies. The initial purpose of the port was to export the coal which geologist Albert Ernest Kitson had discovered in Enugu.
In August 1913, the Governor-General of Nigeria, Sir Frederick Lugard wrote to Harcourt, then Secretary of State for the Colonies, "in the absence of any convenient local name, I would respectfully ask your permission to call this Port Harcourt.". To this the Secretary of State replied "It gives me pleasure to accede to your suggestion that my name should be associated with the new port."
The Port Harcourt port is one of the leading ports of the Nigeria and its exports include palm oil, petroleum, coal, tin, palm products, cocoa, and peanuts. Industries of the area include sawmilling, auto assembly, food canning, flour milling, tobacco processing, and the manufacture of rubber, glass, metal, and paper products, cement, petroleum products, paint, enamelware, bicycles, furniture, and soap.
The Port Harcourt Urban Area (Port Harcourt metropolis) is made up of the city itself and parts of Obio/Akpor Local Government Area.Some of Port Harcourt's more popular and well-known residential areas are Port Harcourt Township (better known simply as Town), G.R.A phases 1-5, Rumuomasi, Orogbum nu Oro Abali (known as Ogbunuabali), Rumuola, Diobu, Amadi Flats, and Borokiri. The main industrial area is located in Trans Amadi. Port Harcourt City, which the capital of Rivers State, is highly congested as it is the only major city in the state. A law has recently passed by the state house and governor Amaechi's administration to develop to the surrounding communities as part of the effort to decongest Port Harcourt. The greater Port Harcourt City, as it is officially known, spans eight local government areas that include Port Harcourt, Okrika, Obio/Akpor, Ikwerre, Oyigbo and Ogu/Bolo. Also, other ethnicities include Tai, and Eleme.
http://portharcourtlga.gov.ng/

Portharcourt originally belongs to Ikwerre (a statement written by THE GOVERNMENT OF THAT CITY), later the city was spread out to neighboring communities which then included okirika. Stop laying claim in places that does not belong to you, it is disgusting and pathetic.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ijawcitizen(m): 2:15am On Sep 16, 2012
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by One_Naira:
10:33pm On Sep 02
ijaw citizen: Mr man, tell me one ethnic group thats not
mixed with their neighbours. Open ur eyes wider than
usual and you will see you guys are just being obsessed.
[He's agreeing with you dude. I feel like you just wanted to rant.
He stated the mentioned are mixed with igbo but they aren't
igbo nor are they claimed as igbo by igbo. Thus they aren't
included in extent of Igboland boundaries as you claim. In
other words, your shouting of having successfully claimed the mentioned group is rather fallacious.]
SO IT IS ONLY THE IJAW groups that are mixed with igbo in that manner? so the neighbouring igbo groups are not mixed wth ijaws in that manner too abi? pls let me understand you more clearly by telling me what you mean by MIX. AND IF YOU AS AN IGBO MAN MARRY A BINI GIRL TODAY, WHAT WILL BE THE ETHNICITH OF YOUR CHILDREN?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ijawcitizen(m): 2:29am On Sep 16, 2012
One_Naira:

Dude, stop laying claim to everything in River state. WTF is wrong with you? Not only did you lay claim to Engenni, Ndoki and Egbema communities in the other thread, here you are yet again laying claim to PH.

The problem with all you people in NL is that you forget, you can write whatever it is you want on this website, twist history and lie as much as you can on this website, the community in question might actually have a website written either by their local government or their king to counteract every lies brought upon them on this website.

PH originally is an Ikwerre town; now-a-days it stretches to Okirika and other communities.

Here is the history of Portharcourt from the Official LGA website. Written by the Local government of the city; approved and posted by the river state and Nigerian government

Portharcourt originally belongs to Ikwerre (a statement written by THE GOVERNMENT OF THAT CITY), later the city was spread out to neighboring communities which then included okirika. Stop laying claim in places that does not belong to you, it is disgusting and pathetic.
THAT IS THE PROPAGANDA OF THE IKWERRE MAN CURRENTLY OCCUPYING THE CHAIRMANSHIP OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA. ON THE CONTRARY, PH STARTED IN OKRIKA LAND AND SPREADED TO IKWERRI LAND. IT IS ON RECORD WITH EVIDENCE TO BACK IT UP THAT PH WAS LEASED TO THE WHITEMEN BY THE AMANYANABO OF OKRIKA AND HIS CHIEFS ALONG SIDE WITNESSES FROM NEIGHBOURING KALABARI. PLS HELP ME TELL THE PH.LGA CHAIRMAN THAT THIS WRITE UP IS MAKING OKRIKA PEOPLE TO LAUGH IN IGBO!
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 16, 2012
alj harem: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin oturugo aka Andre and co quit ventilating on who is Igbo or not. Once you have made your point leave haba 65 pages on who is igbo and who is not.

If you bare Uche Emeka Nneka etc go to anypart of the world and say you are not Igbo, you would be laughed at.

So If I am called STeven I must be Irish abi ?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 2:42am On Sep 16, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Are you on some cheap weed?

In my grandmoms village, AMA is a play ground for games or an open space for a meeting or a clan.

In Ijaw a town is called AMA. It is pure Ijaw borrowed by Southern Igbos.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 2:47am On Sep 16, 2012
pazienza:

Ewu can beer,there are no ijaws in rivers state,go to your backward yenegoa,stop trying to reap where you didn't sow,such behaviour might just land you in atlantic ocean,where you came from.

Ijaw people have no land,they are river people. When the time is right,we would convert those landfilled swamps back to water bodies,and send you lots to the atlantic ocean,we will upgrade you from river people to ocean people.

Where are the Hausa Fulanis ? Let me get a few of them to come handle you Igbos.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ijawcitizen(m): 2:49am On Sep 16, 2012
Abagworo:

I know what you are trying to get at but you need to come a bit upland like I told you earlier. We(Igbo and Ijaw) do actually share a lot more than you might know. In Imo State there is a place called Oboama and Umuokrika. Even Isuama, Amaigbo, Eziama and others are names one might find in Ijaw too. Igbos do bear Okoroama as surname and call curlew birds "ugoloma" like the okoloma of Ijaw.

Egbuoma is not Egbuo ama as you thought but is derived from the names of the founders. Egbu and Oma. Oma is a woman believed to have founded many towns around the Orlu/Ihiala area.

MR ABAGWORO, I'M NOT LISTENING TO UR PLEA BARGAIN, JUST ANSWER THE "SIMFLE" QUESTION. BY THE WAY CURLEW BIRDS ARE NOT CALLED OKOLOMA, IT IS ACTUALLY OKOLO, OKOLOMA IS THE NAME OF THE TOWN (BONNY). PLS DONT TRY TO RELATE WITH UR UGOLOMA WHATEVER. PLS TAKE UR TIME TO INVESTIGATE THOSE -AMA SUFFIXES IN THOSE TOWNS, I KNOW FOR SURE THAT -AMA IS NOT TOWN/COMMUNITY IN IGBO?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 2:52am On Sep 16, 2012
One_Naira:

LOL. Igbo man Wikipedia published PORT HARCOURT. If only you know the number of times People have corrected that wiki jargon by one Igbo fool.. I rest my case. You inhabit a place and had no cemetery. Tell me where the EZE of Port harcourt then was buried ? Or better still tell me where the Igbo founders of Oguoocha were buried ? You Igbos are big fools I swear. what is the profit in publishing fake history of Port Harcourt when you are not even found there at this time. What a slowpoke. LOL.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 3:02am On Sep 16, 2012
ijaw citizen: THAT IS THE PROPAGANDA OF THE IKWERRE MAN CURRENTLY OCCUPYING THE CHAIRMANSHIP OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA. ON THE CONTRARY, PH STARTED IN OKRIKA LAND AND SPREADED TO IKWERRI LAND. IT IS ON RECORD WITH EVIDENCE TO BACK IT UP THAT PH WAS LEASED TO THE WHITEMEN BY THE AMANYANABO OF OKRIKA AND HIS CHIEFS ALONG SIDE WITNESSES FROM NEIGHBOURING KALABARI. PLS HELP ME TELL THE PH.LGA CHAIRMAN THAT THIS WRITE UP IS MAKING OKRIKA PEOPLE TO LAUGH IN IGBO!

I am sure the current PH LGA chairman is not even aware of that. Trust me. I know Chimbiko AKARALO very well and Chimbiko is a true Rivers man. Chimbiko is very Much a Rebisi native and very clear with the Ph issue. He was one of a few Ikwere students in Comprehensive Borikiri that was by far dominated by Ijaws. Chimbiko was a boy to the school house prefect named JAMES an Ijaw student and James made Chimbiko school House prefect due to how humble and nice Chim was. Chimbiko is a friend of Okrika people and he obviously went to Ikpukulu village at the back of Comprehensive and was aware of BORIKIRI. Borikiri is not an Igbo or Ikwere word... Those Igbo punks are stupid. They do not know that fake publication would rather put them in trouble..They do not even know nothing about Rivers state.. Bros, just leave them to be in their lala world.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by OneNaira6: 5:44am On Sep 16, 2012
killayut:

LOL. Igbo man Wikipedia published PORT HARCOURT. If only you know the number of times People have corrected that wiki jargon by one Igbo fool.. I rest my case. You inhabit a place and had no cemetery. Tell me where the EZE of Port harcourt then was buried ? Or better still tell me where the Igbo founders of Oguoocha were buried ? You Igbos are big fools I swear. what is the profit in publishing fake history of Port Harcourt when you are not even found there at this time. What a slowpoke. LOL.

Did you see Wikipedia on the link or did it say PORT HARCOURT LGA. And within the link it wrote ".ng.gov" which lets you know it was written by the local government of the community. The problem with you is after providing you OFFICIAL statement from the community or person in question, you still hold onto your ignorance.

Do and say what you want as long as it pleases you. we've gotten the real answer by the said community.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by OneNaira6: 5:50am On Sep 16, 2012
ijaw citizen: THAT IS THE PROPAGANDA OF THE IKWERRE MAN CURRENTLY OCCUPYING THE CHAIRMANSHIP OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA. ON THE CONTRARY, PH STARTED IN OKRIKA LAND AND SPREADED TO IKWERRI LAND. IT IS ON RECORD WITH EVIDENCE TO BACK IT UP THAT PH WAS LEASED TO THE WHITEMEN BY THE AMANYANABO OF OKRIKA AND HIS CHIEFS ALONG SIDE WITNESSES FROM NEIGHBOURING KALABARI. PLS HELP ME TELL THE PH.LGA CHAIRMAN THAT THIS WRITE UP IS MAKING OKRIKA PEOPLE TO LAUGH IN IGBO!

Ahhhh so Ikwerre man is trying to rewrite history. I don hear am. So while doing this, the okirika within his administration let him put the re-write on the website representing the entire city without any fight. Mtcheeew. Story don come. Stop laying claim to other's property, that is all i have to say.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Abagworo(m): 7:25am On Sep 16, 2012
ijaw citizen: MR ABAGWORO, I'M NOT LISTENING TO UR PLEA BARGAIN, JUST ANSWER THE "SIMFLE" QUESTION. BY THE WAY CURLEW BIRDS ARE NOT CALLED OKOLOMA, IT IS ACTUALLY OKOLO, OKOLOMA IS THE NAME OF THE TOWN (BONNY). PLS DONT TRY TO RELATE WITH UR UGOLOMA WHATEVER. PLS TAKE UR TIME TO INVESTIGATE THOSE -AMA SUFFIXES IN THOSE TOWNS, I KNOW FOR SURE THAT -AMA IS NOT TOWN/COMMUNITY IN IGBO?

You are very funny. There's no need for a plea bargain when one is far bigger and more advanced and only being considerate to a small neighbor. Ama is mostly a prefix in Igbo but a suffix in some instances. Even with the glaring examples I've given, you are still here disputing facts. It is used to represent a settlement. For example we have Ama-Hausa in Owerri which means Hausa settlement. You are already aware there is an Igbo area known as Isuama which is inhabited by the Isu and their centre is Ama-Igbo.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 16, 2012
One_Naira:

Did you see Wikipedia on the link or did it say PORT HARCOURT LGA. And within the link it wrote ".ng.gov" which lets you know it was written by the local government of the community. The problem with you is after providing you OFFICIAL statement from the community or person in question, you still hold onto your ignorance.

Do and say what you want as long as it pleases you. we've gotten the real answer by the said community.

What they wrote about PH is exactly what you Igbos have been writing about PH published in wiki. You can see how the writer of that shit also tried to claim every thing under greater Port Harcourt plan. Does it not tell you that the Port Harcourt as claimed BY THE WRITER was wrong . Was there any Ikwere man during when Okrika chiefs were signing the document covering the Borikiri land to the British ? If there was any what please tell us who he was. Was there even a recognized Ikwere clan there ? There was even no recognized Ikwere clan when the same British took Diobu to be a satellite town. This is cos there were no Ikwere natives there. All the people involved were Okrika chiefs and Bakana ( Kalabari ) Chiefs who stood as witness. You are such a goat.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Ngodigha1(m): 9:04am On Sep 16, 2012
killayut:

What they wrote about PH is exactly what you Igbos have been writing about PH published in wiki. You can see how the writer of that shit also tried to claim every thing under greater Port Harcourt plan. Does it not tell you that the Port Harcourt as claimed BY THE WRITER was wrong . Was there any Ikwere man during when Okrika chiefs were signing the document covering the Borikiri land to the British ? If there was any what please tell us who he was. Was there even a recognized Ikwere clan there ? There was even no recognized Ikwere clan when the same British took Diobu to be a satellite town. This is cos there were no Ikwere natives there. All the people involved were Okrika chiefs and Bakana ( Kalabari ) Chiefs who stood as witness. You are such a goat.
Monkey, take your case the Port Harcourt council and fight them there. No need ranting like an ant here. It has been there for so long and no intelligent IJAW person has challenged it.
Don't be faster than your legs, Asz rapping monkey.

1 Like

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by OneNaira6: 10:29am On Sep 16, 2012
killayut:

You continue to display your ignorance with pride. Though i am not surprised, this is the uche jumbo indicient all over again. Despite giving you document by the ppl in question, instead to bow your head out and admit you have absolutely no idea what you speak off, no, instead you continue to follow your ignorance. SMH, it is sad and pathetic. Do you think the more you scream and the more insult you add into your post and the more angry you get that somehow your story will change from fallacy to truth. Btw: just incase, you didn't know Wikipedia gets all their information from actual website, mostly official website, the only offense of wikipedia is the fact that anyone could edit it thus it is not wiki influencing the official website but rather the other way around. Maybe next time you should pay attention to wikipedia website and notice the word "reference". I find the excuses hilarious. First it was the ikwerre chairman trying to rewrite history, now it is igbo telling the chairman what to write, what's next? He was kidnapped and forced to write it? Or someone did juju and change the wording on the site. I laugh tire. I'll continue to say this : lay claim to what belongs to you, leave other people stuff alone.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
One_Naira:

You continue to display your ignorance with pride. Though i am not surprised, this is the uche jumbo indicient all over again. Despite giving you document by the ppl in question, instead to bow your head out and admit you have absolutely no idea what you speak off, no, instead you continue to follow your ignorance. SMH, it is sad and pathetic. Do you think the more you scream and the more insult you add into your post and the more angry you get that somehow your story will change from fallacy to truth. Btw: just incase, you didn't know Wikipedia gets all their information from actual website, mostly official website, the only offense of wikipedia is the fact that anyone could edit it thus it is not wiki influencing the official website but rather the other way around. Maybe next time you should pay attention to wikipedia website and notice the word "reference". I find the excuses hilarious. First it was the ikwerre chairman trying to rewrite history, now it is igbo telling the chairman what to write, what's next? He was kidnapped and forced to write it? Or someone did juju and change the wording on the site. I laugh tire. I'll continue to say this : lay claim to what belongs to you, leave other people stuff alone.

Ikwere chairman of PH Lga. is he the councilor of ABULOMA, PORT HARCOURT TOWNSHIP, BORIKIRI ? Port Harcourt LGA is different from Port Harcourt city. Chimbiko is from Elekahia or NKPOGU and no Ijaw lays claim to those places and those places are not Port Harcourt but villages of there own . You are silly LOL. sO COS THE ph I hope you know Igbos even contested for LGA chairmanship in Lagos. If they had won you d use that to claim Igbos own Lagos. Nigeria is a country of turn by turn and any day an Ijaw man becomes Ph lga CHAIRMAN he d write what ever he wants about PH as well. ARGENTINIANS write nonsense about Falkland Island but the natives say they are English and they live there and not the ARGENTINES. You can claim Ph like you want but you do not opereate there so what is the sense ? THAT IS BOTTOM FOOLISHNESS.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Ngodigha1(m): 6:16pm On Sep 16, 2012
killayut:

Ikwere chairman of PH Lga. is he the councilor of ABULOMA, PORT HARCOURT TOWNSHIP, BORIKIRI ? Port Harcourt LGA is different from Port Harcourt city. Chimbiko is from Elekahia or NKPOGU and no Ijaw lays claim to those places and those places are not Port Harcourt but villages of there own . You are silly LOL. sO COS THE ph I hope you know Igbos even contested for LGA chairmanship in Lagos. If they had won you d use that to claim Igbos own Lagos. Nigeria is a country of turn by turn and any day an Ijaw man becomes Ph lga CHAIRMAN he d write what ever he wants about PH as well. ARGENTINIANS write nonsense about Falkland Island but the natives say they are English and they live there and not the ARGENTINES. You can claim Ph like you want but you do not opereate there so what is the sense ? THAT IS BOTTOM FOOLISHNESS.
Bingo, just accept defeat. The guy has defeated you hands down and with evidence. You hardly have any evidence to back up your silly claims. Only stories told you by your illiterate parents and grandpas.
Go and hide your face in shame, fool.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ijawcitizen(m): 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2012
MR NGODIGHA I NOW UNDERSTAND THAT YOU LACK KNOWLEDGE OF GEOGRAPHY, ANTHROPOLOGY AND DEMOGRAPHY. 1. PORT HARCOURT LGA IS NOT THE SAME AS PORT HARCOURT CITY 2. BONNY LGA IS NOT THE SAME AS BONNY ISLAND 3. WARRI SOUTH LGA IS NOT THE SAME AS WARRI TOWN. FIGURE OUT THE REST AND YOU WILL SEE THE SILY MISTAKE YOU HAVE BEEN MAKING
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Abagworo(m): 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2012
I do not foresee an Okrika man heading PHALGA unless all these unfriendly assertions are stopped. Diobu is the most populous part of Port Harcourt LGA and is 95% Ikwerre+Igbos. D-line to Rumukalagbo to Oromenike to Oroazi to Ogbum nu Abali to Nkpogu to 3 quatre of Trans Amadi all the way to Elekohia, Rumuomasi and Oginigba, New GRA, Stadium Road are purely Ikwerre land. Okrika starts from Rainbow/Slaughter to Abuloma, Town, Old GRA and Borokiri which is a very tiny part of PHALGA mostly covered with water and less people. So they don't have the population. I'm a PH boy so you can't lie to me about nothing cause I know everywhere all the way to water front. Even through Eleme.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Edomaala: 11:22pm On Sep 16, 2012
killayut:

In Ijaw a town is called AMA. It is pure Ijaw borrowed by Southern Igbos.
Just stop it,in my villeage in south east, AMA is an evry day word wthing the area i'm from e.g. obinna nola ama dee amayeriowu this means that obinna is in the compound of dee amayeriowu not only thus it mean compound it can also use for gathering of people or group of people from a particular villeage{Ama ala} and the greeting that gose with it is Ama ala nmama nuoo.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 12:15am On Sep 17, 2012
Edoma ala: Just stop it,in my villeage in south east, AMA is an evry day word wthing the area i'm from e.g. obinna nola ama dee amayeriowu this means that obinna is in the compound of dee amayeriowu not only thus it mean compound it can also use for gathering of people or group of people from a particular villeage{Ama ala} and the greeting that gose with it is Ama ala nmama nuoo.

Enyi gbahnuo ya onu.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by OneNaira6: 4:39am On Sep 17, 2012
killayut:

This will be my last post to you cause It seems I am talking to someone that is as another person classified "mentally deranged". For your information I grew up in PH from age 8-11 so I don't know why you feel you have to tell me a self-made stories to make a point. So when push comes to shove, after every excuses had fallen short, limit your claiming while at the same time ignoring the area that spoke specifically what region and people constitute the city of PH in that same link that you've so long being trying to condemn.

All I am going to go is direct you to ezeagu post on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/891977/how-did-ijaw-4th-largest/10#12200546

After which, you can bring in as much story and excuses as you want. I don't care.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 5:34am On Sep 17, 2012
Edoma ala: Just stop it,in my villeage in south east, AMA is an evry day word wthing the area i'm from e.g. obinna nola ama dee amayeriowu this means that obinna is in the compound of dee amayeriowu not only thus it mean compound it can also use for gathering of people or group of people from a particular villeage{Ama ala} and the greeting that gose with it is Ama ala nmama nuoo.

LOL. Now that is an expression and not a NOUN.like amadioha.. It does not mean Dioha is a town. In Ijaw we do not refer to every where human beings are gathered as AMA. compound in Ijaw is POLO or Pele, a compound may also have several sub yards called Ogigo. The town which is the AMA is made up of several Compounds . From your post an AMA in Igbo is not a town while an AMA in Ijaw is a town, so who copied who ?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 17, 2012
Abagworo:

You are very funny. There's no need for a plea bargain when one is far bigger and more advanced and only being considerate to a small neighbor. Ama is mostly a prefix in Igbo but a suffix in some instances. Even with the glaring examples I've given, you are still here disputing facts. It is used to represent a settlement. For example we have Ama-Hausa in Owerri which means Hausa settlement. You are already aware there is an Igbo area known as Isuama which is inhabited by the Isu and their centre is Ama-Igbo.

Will you stop arguing .. Are you Igbos not copying even Ijaw traditional attire today ?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 17, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Monkey, take your case the Port Harcourt council and fight them there. No need ranting like an ant here. It has been there for so long and no intelligent IJAW person has challenged it.
Don't be faster than your legs, Asz rapping monkey.

Shut up. No one is challenging it. They simply left you guys to please your selves with the name cos the Port Harcourt itself today is built up already and the people in control are the Okrikas so who is gaining and who is the fool ? What shall you guys gain in naming all your ancient towns Port Harcourt ? Chococho- Port Harcourt, Iguruta- Port Harcourt, Aba-Port Harcourt...
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 5:50am On Sep 17, 2012
I just really hope people will not expend unnecessary energy engaging killayut and co. Active parties hold discussion under the assumption that they are all engaged in an act of simultaneous teaching and learning (i.e. listening and sharing). A discussion ceases to be a discussion when one or more parties thinks it wiser to do more teaching than learning, or no learning at all. At that point, it becomes a waste. So, do not engage killayut and co., unless you feel have the tolerance or the necessary knowledge (those of you who do not have such knowledge know yourselves) to take part in such a waste. Simple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply)

18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage / Do You Consider Somalis As Black?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.