Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Kindly Help Me On How I Can Make Spicy Plantain Chips - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Kindly Help Me On How I Can Make Spicy Plantain Chips (6642 Views)

Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food / I Need A Good Spicy Egusi Soup Recipe. / Pls How To Make Plantain Chips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Help Me On How I Can Make Spicy Plantain Chips by cuteruth(f): 6:34am On Aug 20, 2010
Gudmorning, pls does anyone know how i can make spicy plantain chips. Kindly assist me by replying
Re: Kindly Help Me On How I Can Make Spicy Plantain Chips by ThinTima(f): 3:29pm On Sep 07, 2010
Why don't you sprinkle it with pepper or if you like ginger, you grate the ginger and wet it with the juice? I have tried both before,
Re: Kindly Help Me On How I Can Make Spicy Plantain Chips by MissyB1(m): 9:56pm On Sep 07, 2010
Ingredients:

1 medium sized slightly ripe plantain
Half a teaspoon of salt (optional)
¼ teaspoonful of chilli pepper powder
1 tablespoonful of olive oil

Directions:

1.Wash the medium sized plantain with water.
2.Cut the two ends with a knife.
3.Slit the length of the plantain skin with knife and remove the skin leaving the flesh.
4.Place the plantain on a board and cut it into even sizes.
5.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
6.Put the cut plantain chips in a bowl and add the salt & chilli powder then mix until the spices are even distributed.
7.Add the olive oil and mix until evenly distributed.
8.Arrange the spiced plantain chip in a single layer on the tray in a greased oven tray and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
9.The plantain chips should be golden in colour when cooked, allow to cool on a rack for crispiness.

Hope it helps.
Re: Kindly Help Me On How I Can Make Spicy Plantain Chips by favouredjb(f): 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2010
Thanks missy b,I ll try dis,I only boil or fry my plantain,but this sure sound appealing
Re: Kindly Help Me On How I Can Make Spicy Plantain Chips by mary4christ69: 12:15pm On Jan 13, 2016
Pls I need help here, whenever I'm frying my doughnut its always too brown and at times it will not be well done inside. Can I bake in the oven and what's the process? I'll appreciate any help. Thanks
Re: Kindly Help Me On How I Can Make Spicy Plantain Chips by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
mary4christ69:
Pls I need help here, whenever I'm frying my doughnut its always too brown and at times it will not be well done inside. Can I bake in the oven and what's the process? I'll appreciate any help. Thanks

You are using high heat, use medium heat to fry.
Re: Kindly Help Me On How I Can Make Spicy Plantain Chips by Distribusiness(m): 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
making spicy plantain chips and green plantain chips are easy. plantain chip product is loved most and consumed most by Nigerians. but if you want to hit N1 million from commercial delicious chip business, then this link is for you here and this is testimony how 30-year-old married woman grew over hundred thousands naira monthly daily she just paid to learn from her former 15-year-old female boss: <a href="http://goldminedistributionbusiness.com.ng"/ How To Start Chips Business and Make N10k Per Day On Daily Basis</a>.

(1) (Reply)

Rice Jumbo Offer / Any Bakery In Abuja Capable Of Cake Home Delivery If Ordered From Abroad? / How Many Remembered And Tasted This Candies (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.