Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,506 members, 7,781,557 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:58 PM

Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. (5719 Views)

Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. / @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here / All Atheists Are Evil According To Image123! Christians, Defend Your Bros! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 11:50am On Aug 23, 2010
Who is this 'God Almighty' that you believe in? How did you hear about him? How do you worship him? Introduce this your 'God' to us because I don't think I have heard of him and given the way you bash any posts related to Jehovah and Xtianity, It doesn't seem like your God is related to my faith at all! Please answer these questions so I can know where exactly you are coming from because all your 'xtianity bashing' posts make it very confusing as to whether you are for Jehovah or for the devil!
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by omofat: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2010
This Rhino person is just stalling jo.

Seyi has accepted your terms. You accept hers too and proceed with you debate.

Stop stalling. 3 pages and still no progress.

Hiss
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by PrinceEmek: 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2010
@ Rhino.3dm:

Yes, this is your house, but it is not a police station where guests are brought in, in chains.  I’ve seen you say something about fairness.  Now tell me, what is fair about inviting someone to a fight, and while you make the rules, you disallowed referees or judges who would make certain the rules are observed, or determine whom the victor is. 

We can’t just sit there and watch you choose the weapon you have expertise in, and break the rules.  If you are going to participate in the duel, you cannot make the rules, and officiate at the same time.  But where you insist on making up the rules, there has to be a panel of judges or referees who would examine the rules to make certain they are fair. 

Your rights as the host end where Seyibrown’s rights as guest begin.  You have the right to invite her, and she has the right to accept or decline.  You have the right to offer a buffet, but she has the right to choose and pick what she eats or drinks.  Unless you want to engage in a boxing match all by yourself, I suggest you let her contribute to the rules, or you appoint a panel to scrutinize your tabled rules.

Or would you prefer inviting her to a boxing match, and order her to be blindfolded and have one arm tied behind her back?  Now, that is fairness.  NuclearBoy chimed in with his opinion, which you were very happy to brush aside.  Yes, Seyibrown is a big girl, and resultantly needs no backup.  But as far as fairness goes, somebody has to point out the evil of your plan.

Now, this is where we are this far.  You invited Seyibrown to a duel.  She accepted your invitation, and in no uncertain terms, made the condition under which she would honor your invitation, clear:
I will answer questions that are genuinely asked for the purposes of enlightenment! Do not expect answers to your questions not to be based on the Bible (the word of God), which my faith is based on! Do not expect other Xtians not to contribute! DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS THAT YOU DO NOT WANT ANSWERED! And you will also have to find that 'INVENTION OF MAN THAT WAS NOT MADE FROM ANYTHING THAT JEHOVAH CREATED!

Following a jockeying for position break, you came out with your rules”
Rules
1. No interferance
from anybody.
2. You can make use of your bible if you wish.
3. All question MUST be answered.
4 All answers MUST be straight on.
Agreed??

[color=#000099][size=10pt][i]Her response was swift and pointed.  Words were not minced:

And you will also have to find that 'INVENTION OF MAN THAT WAS NOT MADE FROM ANYTHING THAT JEHOVAH CREATED! You will need to write 'I HAVE NOT YET FOUND ANY INVENTION OF MAN THAT WAS NOT MADE FROM ANYTHING THAT JEHOVAH CREATED' at the beginning or end of every question you ask until you find such an invention, in which case you will indicate such invention at the beginning or end of your question! I agree on this term!

Without addressing her persistent concern, you fired off your first question:
1.Do you believe in the god of bible?

Indicating her willingness to lock horns with you, she humored you with an answer to your question, but still reminded you of your evasion of her concern:
Answer 1: I believe in The Almighty Jehovah, who created the heavens and earth and all that is in it!

[b] Don't forget the 'invention of man' terms! Please read my previous post before you continue!

Without as much as bend your ear a fraction of a degree to her objection, you continued with your second question:
2. Do you believe in the bible?
Is that not a clear indication that you have no designs of paying a jot of attention to what she has to say?

Sensing your less than noble intent, she put her foot down:
Please edit or re-post your second question to reflect the' invention of man' terms! I will not answer any more questions that do not abide by the terms agreed! Just copy and paste the declaration or give a true example of such invention!
  What area of her condition do you not comprehend?  Your demeanor extends beyond the perimeter of cordial invitation.  If I didn’t know any better, I would swear you desire to drag her in, in chains, and bully her into submission.

Then you let loose you thinly clad sinister motive, as you continued to badger and harass her.  In her response, she punctuated the whole matter with an exclamation:
I will not respond further to this thread until you post by the terms agreed! Thanks!

She continued:
Let's do English…with the terms as set out!

I thought the deadlock was over when you replied:
Ok. No wahala.
The next thing we know, you back pedal:
@seyi.
You are not been fair here. We have an agreement that the rules are going to be mine.
Its"SEYIBROWN COME AND DEFEND YOUR FAITH" not "RHINO.3DM COME AND DEFEND YOUR BELIEVE"

When we are 2ru you can simply put me on the 'hot seat' by openning a new thread to that effect afteral the mods are not complaining. Tell me am bais. . .

I’m not sure, for the life of me, why she’s still writing, given that you characterized her derogatorily, by calling her a “bi*ch:
Rhino.3dm:

When that bit.ch was attacking ,hovering and preaching around me you guys see nothig with dat. Abi? Afteral she was fighting an enemy then.
  Very gentlemanly, isn’t it?  If you think you have all the answers, why don’t you accommodate her one and only condition, since you have put forth a handful of yours?  You are still talking about fairness?
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by omofat: 3:45pm On Aug 23, 2010
^^^ Well summarised Prince Emek.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2010
@ omo~fat
spokes person of seyibrown help me tell her say questio 2 still dey wait for her answer.

@ prince emek
i will honourably accept accept defeat if you tell your pet to swear in written not have altered and edit her post after the rules have been submitted. You may wish to take her seat if you want cos i'd rather face a lion than a little mouse.
N.B my question 2 still stands if you care to know.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2010
Rhino3.dm, Let me help you get put of the corner you are in. Answer my previous post quoted below and I'll answer your questions. You won't need to openly admit to your not being able to come up with an invention of man made from anything not made by Almighty Jehovah. If you intend to discredit my faith, you should at least be able to provide an alternative if and when you finally manage to convince me my faith is misplaced, abi!

Who is this 'God Almighty' that you believe in? How did you hear about him? How do you worship him? Introduce this your 'God' to us because I don't think I have heard of him and given the way you bash any posts related to Jehovah and Xtianity, It doesn't seem like your God is related to my faith at all! Please answer these questions so I can know where exactly you are coming from because all your 'xtianity bashing' posts make it very confusing as to whether you are for Jehovah or for the devil!
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 5:39am On Aug 24, 2010
Let me tell how this works.
1. I am NOT a christain but i dont cheat

2. We agreed on certain rules(agreement) you dubiously altered yours thinking that am Athiest.

3. I make  a general appeal to everyone to stay out specifically mazaje, check out the number of intruders from your christain brothers
or do you need some figures? ?

4. I asked you a simple elementary question about your faith you were struck btw cross road
While a simple question have not been answered for 3days how much the next one? ? Which way my friend?     
why cant you just swear with anything you believe in not to have cheated and have your trophy? Or simple type the word PASSED for next question. Remenber you still have 19 more questions to answer oh.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by omofat: 9:59am On Aug 24, 2010
This Rhino guy should just lock this thread jare. We came here for stimulating debate and we are bitterly disappointed sad. All these delay tactics, I don't know o
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 11:59am On Aug 24, 2010
^^^ hey spooky.
You have over stayed your welcome, last time i check you are just a troll. My question 2 needs your pet attention possibly she's waiting for the answer from 'holy spirit or ghost' or better still you can just drop the answer.
and for locking this thread only the mods can decide its fate.

Question 2. Do you believe in the bible? ? No need to have degree in harvard school of divinity ki bar dogon turanci. . . Answer kawai ni ke bida.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by PrinceEmek: 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2010
Rhino.3dm, bro;

All I’m doing here is peddling fairness, and brokering courtesy and civility.  Your attempt to stifle everybody doesn’t guarantee those.  Just level the playing field, and I’ll be glad to take a seat on the bleachers.  Besides, I may learn a thing or two.

Regarding your invitation to take the stage, I’m sorry to decline.  I simply cannot take you up on your challenge.  I wish I could, but I just can’t.  I have a pretty good idea where you are headed with this snare you have fashioned.  The way I see it, you desire to pitch the bible against the Quran.  I know the bible very well, but I can’t say the same of the Quran.  I’m therefore ill equipped to argue any point about it.  Nothing sounds more ridiculous than a man debating a subject he is absolutely ignorant about.

By the way, is there an English version of the Quran, in print or online?  I’d like to take a look at that book.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 5:45pm On Aug 24, 2010
I must agree with nuclear boy on this "abstraction is not brilliance! But a way to hide ignorance"
secondly, you should taking out little time to do research on my previous post to get a glimse of how character "rhino" came in to bieng, particularly where i denounce any association with organised "religion".
I would love to have responded on quote, need not i tell you how difficult it is typing from 3inch LCD screen.
While am not going to the be last to tell you how good your English command is, i will appreciate if you attempt my second question which i have persistantly insist on. O yes i do!.
And for your request i will advice you to visit muslims child board for a possible answer or simply google it.
While i always expect the unexpected i wish someone could answer my second question.

PrinceEmek:

Rhino.3dm, bro;

All I’m doing here is peddling fairness, and brokering courtesy and civility.  Your attempt to stifle everybody doesn’t guarantee those.  Just level the playing field, and I’ll be glad to take a seat on the bleachers.  Besides, I may learn a thing or two.

Regarding your invitation to take the stage, I’m sorry to decline.  I simply cannot take you up on your challenge.  I wish I could, but I just can’t.  I have a pretty good idea where you are headed with this snare you have fashioned.  The way I see it, you desire to pitch the bible against the Quran.  I know the bible very well, but I can’t say the same of the Quran.  I’m therefore ill equipped to argue any point about it.  Nothing sounds more ridiculous than a man debating a subject he is absolutely ignorant about.

By the way, is there an English version of the Quran, in print or online?  I’d like to take a look at that book.

Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

Let me tell how this works.
1. I am NOT a christain but i dont cheat

What is u? or who are u grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^My must trusted. Been lookin 4 u. How u dey?.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 24, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

^^My must trusted. Been lookin 4 u. How u dey?.
i dey. But on another thread
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 10:44am On Aug 25, 2010
seyibrown:

Rhino3.dm, Let me help you get put of the corner you are in. Answer my previous post quoted below and I'll answer your questions. You won't need to openly admit to your not being able to come up with an invention of man made from anything not made by Almighty Jehovah. If you intend to discredit my faith, you should at least be able to provide an alternative if and when you finally manage to convince me my faith is misplaced, abi!

I will continue answering your questions when you tell me where you are coming from. I hope you are not ashamed to share information about your 'Almighty God' with me! Let's entertain and enlighten the house!
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 11:16am On Aug 26, 2010
Rhino3.dm, while you are still deciding who your 'God' is and the best way to introduce him to us, I'd like to share this testimony with you. It's in the form of Psalms 116 and 103.

Psalm 116
1I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.

2Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.

3The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.

4Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.

5Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.

6The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.

7Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.

8For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.

9I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.

10I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:

11I said in my haste, All men are liars.

12What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

13I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

14I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.

15Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

16O LORD, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds.

17I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.

18I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.

19In the courts of the LORD's house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD.

Psalm 103
1Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

2Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

3Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

4Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

5Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

6The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.

7He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.

8The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

9He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.

10He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

11For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

12As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

13Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.

14For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

15As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.

16For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.

17But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

18To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

19The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

20Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

21Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

22Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 11:26am On Aug 26, 2010
. . . . . . and Psalm 118 vs 5, 6, and 17

5 I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place.

6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

17 I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 12:23pm On Aug 26, 2010
. . . Whats the diffrence between 'Lord' and 'God' do they mean thesame things i.e are they interchangible. .
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 12:33pm On Aug 26, 2010
^^ now you want to preach how simple is that. Why must you quote from areas you feel more comfortable with? Why psalms not leviticus or duetronomy? ?
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by omofat: 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2010
This guy go away jo. Leave seyi alone. You're not stimulating us
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2010
Rhino3.dm

Why are you ashamed/afraid to tell us who your 'God' is? Don't you have that much faith/confidence in him? Or you don't have one? Is he Almighty Jehovah or one of the other 'pretend gods'? Everybody is coming out the closet these days so please come out with it, sir!

You are welcome to substitute 'God' for 'Lord' in the psalms I quoted in the previous posts!
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2010
2. Do you believe in the bible?

I believe in the Bible as the word of God. The bible contains records of the past, instruction and inspiration for the present, and revelations of the future. The bible was written through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. God still speaks to us today through him - The spirit of truth - who also interpretes the word of God to us!

John 16:12-13 (King James Version)

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

So the Bible is to be read, not blindly or with a closed mind but with a mind that invites and allows the Holy Spirit to interpret.

Rhino.3dm, next!
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2010
Good to have you back.
Meanwhile, can you expantiate john 16:13.
1. This spirit of truth.whats going to be the timeline of his arrival. Was it immediately after christ must have depart or when and how. And am guessing this spirit of truth cannot be holy spirit. Because we saw holy spirit when christ was baptized.

2. From where/whom is he/she going to hear. Since it is clear from the verse that whatsoever he/she speaks is what he/she must have heard.

3. How can he/she comminucate and in what language. Or is it through vision or whatever, just fill me in.

John 16:12-13 (King James Version)

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2010
1.Yes, The Holy Spirit descended on Jesus when he was baptized. (John 1:32-33).

John 1:32-33
32And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
33And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Spirit did not rest on (was not fully manifested in )the disciples while Jesus was still with them. Jesus said the Holy Spirit would come when he left ( John 14: 16; John 16: 7).

John 14: 16
16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 16: 7
7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you

The Holy Spirit came upon them on the day of Pentecost - after Jesus had died and resurrected (Acts 2: 1-4).

Acts 2:1-4
1And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Peter explained what was happening to those who thought they were drunk Acts 2:17-21.
referring to the prophecy in Joel 2: 28-32.

17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:
21And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

It is the same Holy Spirit that was promised years before Jesus christ came to earth that he confirmed again to them. Jesus was with them showing them the way and when he was gone, the Holy Spirit was doing that and is still doing it today (Isaiah 11: 1-3).

Isaiah 11: 1-3
1And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
2And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
3And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

The Holy spirit is the 'Spirit of Truth' He is the one who tells you 'this is the way'. He shows us the truth and tells us to walk in it (Isaiah 30: 21).

Isaiah 30: 21
21And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Jesus again confirmed in John 14: 16 -17 that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth.

John 14: 16 -17
16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

2.The Holy Spirit tells us what he hears from God because he is the spirit of God(1 Corinthians 2: 9-14).

9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

3. The Holy Spirit communicates in all languages. He communicates through dreams, visions, he can speak to you through someone else, he speaks through the Bible, he also speaks into your heart. He speaks to different people in different ways (This is an entire topic on its own and I cannot do justice to it here). People hear him in different ways.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2010
3. Which part of bible is obsolete(not in use)?.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 10:11pm On Aug 28, 2010
It is important to read 2 Corinthians 3: 1-18 to fully understand the answer to your question 3 (Sincerely ask the Holy Spirit to explain to you). My answer is in the next post.

2 Corinthians 3
1Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you?

2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

10For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

11For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

12Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:

13And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

14But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

18But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2010
[b]The Old Covenant was administered by a carnal priesthood – The Levitical.  This covenant did not enable sinners to receive forgiveness and did not promise eternal life. The wages of their sin was simply death.

Under the Old covenant, the people were required to keep the law in the ‘letter’, not in its spiritual intent. For example ‘Thou shalt not kill’. If you didn’t kill anyone, you would not receive the penalty that was stipulated in the administration of the Old Covenant. Jesus emphasised the spiritual intent in saying anyone angry with his brother without cause is in danger of violation that commandment (Matthew 5: 21 - 22). Under the old law, it was possible to hate someone so much you wanted to kill them, but not kill them because you did not want the penalty murder carried and wanted to pretend you were holy.  It meant such a person was clean outside but dirty inside, following the law to the letter but not the ‘spirit’ (intent) of the law.

The Ten Commandments are the part of the covenant that the Israelites agreed to keep. It is not the covenant itself (Deut 4: 13). Keeping the Ten Commandments equalled keeping The Covenant.  The Ten Commandments undergirded all the laws the Israelites were supposed to obey.

‘The Old Covenant’ and the ‘administration of the Old Covenant’ are obsolete and passing away (Hebrews 8: 13) (Hebrews 8: 7-cool because of a fault in the Old Covenant: The people were unable/unwilling to keep the Laws. The penalties for not keeping the covenant were too much for them to bear. They had broken it and would reap the consequences. They were finished. Redeeming them necessitated a New Covenant. God promised a New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:31 -34). [/b]

31Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

[b]The Old covenant had a civil/carnal administration, the laws were written in ink/on stone, with countless animal sacrifices that did not wash away sins, human priests teaching the laws and administering punishment. The end of those laws are death (Romans 6:23), Paul referred to it as the ‘ministry of death’. The New covenant has a spiritual administration, with its laws written on our hearts, with Jesus as our High priest who offered the once and for all sacrifice for our sins, with the Holy Spirit teaching and correcting us. The New Covenant includes the promise of the Holy Spirit, forgiveness of sins and eternal life. There is also grace.

In short, The Ten commandments are not obsolete; The Old Covenant is; because the New Covenant made in the blood of Jesus for redemption came into force. The New Covenant is a far better deal than the Old Covenant.

Keeping the Ten Commandments equals keeping the Covenant. The Ten Commandments basically instructs to ‘Love God’ and ‘Love our Neighbour’. Jesus explained this in Matthew 22: 34-40

Matthew 22: 34-40
34But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.
35Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38This is the first and great commandment.
39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

In loving God and our neighbour (keeping the two commandments referred to in the scripture above), we are fulfilling the Ten Commandments and therefore keeping all the laws which the Ten Commandments cover under the covenant. If we loved God and loved our neighbour, we would not harass, rob, cheat or harm them in anyway; we would not sleep with our neighbours’ wives, despoil their daughters or commit any of the abominations condemned in the ‘Laws of Moses’, because the ‘Laws of God’ are written in our hearts and his Spirit guides us in the right path.

When you accept Christ, you come into the New Covenant. You surrender to God and live by the word of God as transformed by the Holy Spirit. Words have no life-giving power unless backed by Spirit. That is why it is possible to read the Bible from cover to cover/gain a Doctorate in Theology and still not be transformed.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 12:55am On Aug 31, 2010
Rhino3.dm,

Enjoyed the Bank Holiday? Waiting and praying for you!
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2010
Yeah! You know after a month of working hard . . . . was that a guess or what? Any way. . . You caught me red handed.
seyibrown:

Rhino3.dm,

Enjoyed the Bank Holiday? Waiting and praying for you!

Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by Rhino3dm: 5:42pm On Aug 31, 2010
3. Do believe that jesus is God Almighty? ?
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by seyibrown(f): 11:32am On Sep 01, 2010
Jesus is God Almighty come down in the 'flesh' to dwell among us!

Isaiah 59:11-17
11We roar all like bears, and mourn sore like doves: we look for judgment, but there is none; for salvation, but it is far off from us.
12For our transgressions are multiplied before thee, and our sins testify against us: for our transgressions are with us; and as for our iniquities, we know them;
13In transgressing and lying against the LORD, and departing away from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood.
14And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.
15Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment.
16And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.
17For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.

Isaiah 63:5
5And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

Isaiah 52:10
10The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

Isaiah 7:14
14Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 9:6-7[b]
6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. [/b]
7Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Matthew 1:21-23
21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jesus is ‘God with us’; Jesus is the ‘arm of God that brought us salvation’. You will agree with me that your arm is always part of you, and whatever your arm does, will be counted as something you have done. Therefore, God’s arm ‘Jesus’ is God.
Re: Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. by aletheia(m): 6:49pm On Sep 01, 2010
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Joseph "Had Relations" With Mary, My Response / Throwback Photo Of Joseph Ayo Babalola, Founder Of The Christ Apostolic Church / Child Marriage In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.