Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Mtn Hynet--- - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mtn Hynet--- (31198 Views)

Connecting Mtn Hynet To A D-link Router / MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help / Pls How Do I Install Mtn Hynet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Hynet--- by crazyboi1: 2:39pm On Aug 22, 2010
I am thinking about getting MTN Hynet installed in my house. Anyone heard about the performance about. The 512 kbps offers unlimited downloads and its 24/7.

Anyone tried it ?

Comments will be appreciated

Thanks
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by baballe: 9:23am On Aug 28, 2010
Pls MTn Hynet users should speak our how good is this service.
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by figment232(m): 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2010
mtn hynet is absolutely rubbish,i use it in my cybercafe its very very unreliable in fact they re like PHCN it just comes on and goes off as it likes ,The downtime is just too much and if you are downloading u ccan hardly open other pages
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by FLYBOY(m): 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2010
I use MTN HyNet at home for the past two (2) months.
The service is reliable and has been fast.

I have had 2 downtimes, once for about 3mins
and the second for about 3hours.

At all times i was kept abrest of the problems.

All in all a better experience .
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by tomcat: 8:24pm On Sep 01, 2010
FLYBOY:

I use MTN HyNet at home for the past two (2) months.
The service is reliable and has been fast.

I have had 2 downtimes, once for about 3mins
and the second for about 3hours.

At all times i was kept abrest of the problems.

All in all a better experience .

what package you have please and what is the speed that you are getting?
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by Lanrayy: 9:14pm On Sep 06, 2010
please what do it cost to have it installed in your house?
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by samir101ng(m): 3:25am On Jan 13, 2011
Hi,

Am also interested in getting the MTN Hynet service. It is based on Wimax technology and therefore you must be within coverage area.
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by JUO(m): 3:12pm On Jan 14, 2011
mtn hynet is absolutely rubbish,i use it in my cybercafe its very very unreliable in fact they re like PHCN it just comes on and goes off as it likes ,The downtime is just too much and if you are downloading u ccan hardly open other pages

you are talking rubbish how many ISP's have you tried? you want to use 128kbs to power 5 system abi?

my dear the service is unbeatable, if you pay for 256kbs, u will make use of 256kbs not paying for 256kbs and get 32kbs

NB ask if the service is in your area. is not on GSM network but Wimax
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by JUO(m): 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2011
take a look at it just playing with it

just busy uploading

Re: Mtn Hynet--- by JUO(m): 3:15pm On Jan 14, 2011
take a look at it just playing with it

Re: Mtn Hynet--- by JUO(m): 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2011
my movie folder
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by JUO(m): 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2011
my movie folder. just for you to

Re: Mtn Hynet--- by JUO(m): 3:24pm On Jan 15, 2011
the power of wimax

Re: Mtn Hynet--- by JUO(m): 3:27pm On Jan 15, 2011
try this with other link whether you no go injure
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by JUO(m): 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2011
the power of wimax

Re: Mtn Hynet--- by babamusty: 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2011
hw much does it cost to get the hynet modem and what are the prices for the various service bandwith.I check MTN website no price info.
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by JUO(m): 5:38pm On Jan 16, 2011
i bought mine 24k
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by babamusty: 7:01pm On Jan 16, 2011
hw do you subscribe and hw much is d monthly subscription for d different bandwidth.
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by JUO(m): 7:27am On Jan 17, 2011
my friend am not a dealer go to mtn office or follow the link http://www.mtnonline.com/index.php/serviceplan.html
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by babamusty: 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2011
what is the subscription price for each plan of the mtn-hynet data service.There is no price info on mtn website.
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by coexport: 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2011
download games on ur xbox, psp, ps2,3,computer pc games,and playstation sales @good prizes

download on ur xbox,psp,ps2,ps3,computer pc games, one game cost #500 each
list of games avilable
pes 2011 2010
fifa 11 winning 11
grandtheft auto
wrestling
mortal combact
street fighter
god hand
god of war 1,2,3
metal gear
spartan total warrior
terminator

up to 100 games avilable just tell us the game and we download it direct to ur console playstation 2,3,psp and xbox180 and 360 and ur computer games play ur game console even when it is bad with downloading

brand new downloading flat playstation 2 up for sale with 5 games downloaded on console pes 2010, mortal compact ,god of war , wrestling ,car race and street fighter prize 31,000 notice it can only play original c.d please it can not play pirated onless it has being hacked

brand new playstation 1 flat up for sale 14,000 each thanks

home delivery also avilable for games
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by Suntemi(m): 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2011
JUO:

my friend am not a dealer go to mtn office or follow the link http://www.mtnonline.com/index.php/serviceplan.html

Bros, easy sir, I think since you can tell us how reliable the wimax thing is, you should please tell us the cost as well. The cost is not stated on their website. So many people love to get this but find it very hard to go to their office just to make enquiries. Please we are begging.  grin  grin What is the subscription like?
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by JUO(m): 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2011
Bros, easy sir, I think since you can tell us how reliable the wimax thing is, you should please tell us the cost as well. The cost is not stated on their website. So many people love to get this but find it very hard to go to their office just to make enquiries. Please we are begging.  Grin  Grin What is the subscription like?

i said i bought mine 24k 6months ago. it may be lesser or higher now
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by Suntemi(m): 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2011
JUO:

i said i bought mine 24k 6months ago. it may be lesser or higher now

I know, U said U got it (the wireless modem) for 24k. What I am asking now is the cost of subscription for example the cost of 256kbs 24/7 plan? Thx.
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by babamusty: 6:33pm On Jan 17, 2011
JUO abi u be mumu sef,dem dey ask u hw much be subscription u dey say u no dealer or wetin, sebi u don dey use d thing 4 six month,u no dey pay monthly subscription? abi if u don pay 24k u no go need 2 subscribe again.wether na lie u dey lie sef wey u dey talk say u dey use hynet.abi subscription 4 hynet na top secret,dis one wey be say the MTN mumu people sef no put the price for their web page.anyway, na your wahala.make u shup d subcription prices.
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by samir101ng(m): 2:45am On Jan 18, 2011
Hi y'all smiley smiley

Since certain people don't want to share their information on the MTN Hynet service, i have taken it upon myself to provide you with all the information you may need as a close friend of mine works at MTN as an online customer care representative. Any questions, please post it here and i will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mtn Hynet--- by samir101ng(m): 2:48am On Jan 18, 2011
http://www.mtnonline.com/index.php/hynet.html

MTN HyNet is a prepaid high speed Internet service that offers you true multi-user capability at extraordinary speeds of up to 1 Mbps. What's more MTN HyNet offers you unlimited downloads. This means there is no restriction to the amount of data you can download.
The MTN HyNet service is provided over MTN’s WiMAX network with coverage spanning select cities in Nigeria.
MTN HyNet is ideal for homes and offices that require high speed Internet connectivity that can be shared. Customers don’t need to have their staff or family cluster around a single PC in order to access the Internet. They simply access the Internet wirelessly from their own PCs. This means easy access and no more wires.

The above is a direct link to MTN's website specifically with information about the MTN Hynet service.
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by samir101ng(m): 3:00am On Jan 18, 2011
First of all, to enjoy the MTN Hynet service you must be within the coverage area. Since Hynet is based on Wimax Technology, i think its safe to assume that areas with 3.5G coverage should also be included. This means that states like Maiduguri, Kano, Zaria, Kaduna, Abuja, Bauchi, Jos, Enugu, Nsukka, Eket, Port-Hacourt, Aba, Asaba, Onitsha, Warri, Okada, Benin City, Lagos, Ibadan, etc should have wimax. However, this is an assumption. Please call customer care on 180 or go to the nearest MTN store or friendship centre to confirm.

Once, it has been confirmed that you are within coverage area (you need to give them your complete address) you can then request for the service.

1 Share

Re: Mtn Hynet--- by Suntemi(m): 7:21am On Jan 18, 2011
babamusty:

JUO abi u be mumu sef,dem dey ask u hw much be subscription u dey say u no dealer or wetin, sebi u don dey use d thing 4 six month,u no dey pay monthly subscription? abi if u don pay 24k u no go need 2 subscribe again.wether na lie u dey lie sef wey u dey talk say u dey use hynet.abi subscription 4 hynet na top secret,dis one wey be say the MTN mumu people sef no put the price for their web page.anyway, na your wahala.make u shup d subcription prices.

U dont have to talk to him like that. It somehow on public forum.

samir101ng:

Hi y'all smiley smiley

Since certain people don't want to share their information on the MTN Hynet service, i have taken it upon myself to provide you with all the information you may need as a close friend of mine works at MTN as an online customer care representative. Any questions, please post it here and i will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks grin grin

What is the cost of subscription for example; the cost of 256kbs 24/7 plan? Thx.
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by babamusty: 1:50pm On Jan 18, 2011
pls samir101ng help us fill in the question mark space so that we can put this aspect of d MTN-hynet to rest.thank u.

Service Plans
                                               Speed/Bandwidth                                                  subscription fee

24/7
Enjoy unlimited Internet access
24hrs a day, 7 Days a week.                        128 Kbps                                                                    ?
                                                                        256 Kbps                                                                   ?
                                                                        512 Kbps                                                                   ?                 
                                                                       1 Mbps                                                                        ?

Weekdays

between 7am & 7pm Monday – Sunday.         256 Kbps                                                                 ?
                                                                        512 Kbps                                                                 ?
                                                                        1 Mbps                                                                     ?

Nights & Weekends

between 6pm & 6am 
Monday – Friday & all day weekends.          128 Kbps                                                                 ?

Hourly Bundles

60 Hours                                                         128 Kbps                                                                  ?
60 Hours                                                         256 Kbps                                                                  ?
300 Hours *                                                     256 Kbps                                                                  ?
Re: Mtn Hynet--- by babamusty: 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2011
pls samir101ng help us fill in the question mark space so that we can put this aspect of d MTN-hynet to rest.thank u.

Service Plans
                                              Speed/Bandwidth                                      subscription fee

24/7
24hrs a day, 7 Days a week.                       128 Kbps                                                                    ?
                                                                       256 Kbps                                                                   ?
                                                                       512 Kbps                                                                   ?                
                                                                      1 Mbps                                                                        ?

Weekdays

between 7am & 7pm Monday – Sunday.        256 Kbps                                                                 ?
                                                                       512 Kbps                                                                 ?
                                                                       1 Mbps                                                                     ?

Nights & Weekends

between 6pm & 6am  
Monday – Friday & all day weekends.         128 Kbps                                                                 ?

Hourly Bundles

60 Hours                                                        128 Kbps                                                                  ?
60 Hours                                                        256 Kbps                                                                  ?
300 Hours *                                                     256 Kbps                                                                  ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Windows 8: The Thread / Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop / Simple Server: MTN Simple Server Download for Android & Code, Cheat for PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.