Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,019 members, 7,799,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? (2913 Views)

Photos Of Saraki's Supporters Carrying Placard Outside National Assembly / See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. / Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Caringpro(f): 11:15am On Aug 25, 2010
Breaking laws in this country is no longer news because most of our politicians see it as a way of getting through their dirty games but what really baffles one is when they go ALL out to spend our limited resources without any second thought. The issue of their illegal allowances shouldn't be left just like their other atrocities.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/opinion/2010/aug/25/opinion-25-08-2010-001.htm
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by andyodidi: 1:03pm On Aug 25, 2010
IF YOU ARE LEFT BEHIND AFTER THE RAPTURE, WHO WILL YOU BLAMEMy dear brethren, I think its high time you hear THE TRUIH. Though it is bitter, but it still has to be said. Every day you spend on earth is gradually bringing closer to the RAPTURE. So many travelers {Christians} have left the path that leads to eternity{heaven} but I urge you to keep moving because the journey will soon be over, where prizes will be given, as well as punishments. Jesus said that I should tell you that many of him take him and his word for granted. He said that he is coming very soon and that if you are left behind, you must dance to the rhythm of Gods music{his wrath}. THAT IS THE DAY OF THE LORD [ISIAH 13:6-16, ZEPHANIAN 1:14-18, JOEL 2:1-1-32] God himself will pour his wrath{anger} on everybody that are going to be left behind. WHO CAN STAND THE WRATH OF GOD? Jesus said I should tell you stop deceiving yourself by saying that no man on earth is perfect and living without sin. he said that I should tell you that NO MAN THAT HAS SIN IN HIM AND DIES WILL EVER ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD{HEAVEN}.FOR HEAVEN IS A PURE AND PERFECT PLACE, AND NO MAN STILL IN SINN WILL EVER HAVE HIS PLACE THERE. He said I should tell you THAT HIS GRACE CAN NEVER SAVE YOU{MAKE YOU ENTER HEAVEN} HIS GRACE CAN ONLY PUT YOU IN THE RIGHT WAY.NO MAN STILL LIVING IN SIN WILL BE PARTURED WHEN JESUS COMES,FOR CHRIST WILL ONLY COME FOR THOSE THAT ARE PREPARED,HE WILL NOT COME FOR THOSE THAT ARE PREPARING. Believe and accept this HIDDEN THRUT and save you precious soul from HELL, or doubt and reject it and be lost forever in HELL. BE WISE
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by chelseabmw(m): 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2010
Capital No.Nobody is above the law
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by winnag: 1:05pm On Aug 25, 2010
Surely, these bad guyses need a hard knock for bleeding the our dear country. I hope the only option is for the masses to rise up and put a stop to this act by
mobilising a well corrdinated and articulated media campaign against their action and organising public rallies and demonstrations to ignite the appropriate authorities to take action. Again, they brought in the issue of state creation which is borne out of greed and selfishness. Most of them pushing for state creation harbour the ill intention of becoming political leaders of those states for life. e.g. David Smack, for how has the creation of states right from the time of Gen. Gowon helped to reduce poverty, unemployment, crime etc and improve power, water supply and rural infrastructure generally. I pray for our country to be guided by the fear of GOD especially as we are entering yet another transition. I rest my case.
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by amanze15(m): 1:07pm On Aug 25, 2010
its could have been if we weree practicing a parliamentary system of government like tha jads do but do the lawlessness of the government u will be force to think we are practicing that but i dont think they are above the law since our judicial system is messed up so any body can get away wit any tin for our own NAIJA
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by violent(m): 1:16pm On Aug 25, 2010
andyodidi:

IF YOU ARE LEFT BEHIND AFTER THE RAPTURE, WHO WILL YOU BLAMEMy dear brethren, I think its high time you hear THE TRUIH. Though it is bitter, but it still has to be said. Every day you spend on earth is gradually bringing closer to the RAPTURE. So many travelers {Christians} have left the path that leads to eternity{heaven} but I urge you to keep moving because the journey will soon be over, where prizes will be given, as well as punishments. Jesus said that I should tell you that many of him take him and his word for granted. He said that he is coming very soon and that if you are left behind, you must dance to the rhythm of Gods music{his wrath}. THAT IS THE DAY OF THE LORD [ISIAH 13:6-16, ZEPHANIAN 1:14-18, JOEL 2:1-1-32] God himself will pour his wrath{anger} on everybody that are going to be left behind. WHO CAN STAND THE WRATH OF GOD? Jesus said I should tell you stop deceiving yourself by saying that no man on earth is perfect and living without sin. he said that I should tell you that NO MAN THAT HAS SIN IN HIM AND DIES WILL EVER ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD{HEAVEN}.FOR HEAVEN IS A PURE AND PERFECT PLACE, AND NO MAN STILL IN SINN WILL EVER HAVE HIS PLACE THERE. He said I should tell you THAT HIS GRACE CAN NEVER SAVE YOU{MAKE YOU ENTER HEAVEN} HIS GRACE CAN ONLY PUT YOU IN THE RIGHT WAY.NO MAN STILL LIVING IN SIN WILL BE PARTURED WHEN JESUS COMES,FOR CHRIST WILL ONLY COME FOR THOSE THAT ARE PREPARED,HE WILL NOT COME FOR THOSE THAT ARE PREPARING. Believe and accept this HIDDEN THRUT and save you precious soul from HELL, or doubt and reject it and be lost forever in HELL. BE WISE

Is the national assembly above the law?
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by UyiIredia(m): 1:21pm On Aug 25, 2010
anyone heard of >>> the divine right of kings >>>> truth is despite the 'rule of law' >>> the rulers rule the law >>> make sense outta my statements

my simple answer to the question >>> YES
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by bignaija(m): 1:29pm On Aug 25, 2010
i thnk they are ,
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by globalaid(m): 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2010
why wont they do that when they know that we cant do anything to them.
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by seguntijan(m): 2:22pm On Aug 25, 2010
winnag has said all the only solution is by letting the public raise an aluta
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by bobokelly(m): 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2010
Why this question it no longer new in nigeria that our so call leaders believe they are above the , that the law is not made for them, cos they are in power so, they belive they can kick the law whichever way the like nobody will charllenge them, we are in a in lawless country where laws are not made for so group of peoples, that is nigeria for you cry cry cry cry
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Ranoscky(m): 2:56pm On Aug 25, 2010
No body is above d law! Pere!!!
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Theblessed(f): 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2010
[size=18pt]No one is above the law.  Only, in Nigeria and other undemocratic countries that people think they can get away with murder but, do they really? They can get away from the wrath of man but they can not get away from the wrath of God and, that is absolute!!! [/size]
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Ayowumie(m): 3:21pm On Aug 25, 2010
In theory, the lawmakers are not meant to be above the law but as we have seen since the inception of democratic dispensation, our lawmakers are above the law.
You wouldn't need to be surprised, the Marxian perspective say "Law and its creation reflect the marginal imbalance of an "unjust" society in which the rich and the powerful make laws to perpetuate their leadership positions at the expense of the masses" Laws are hence made as a repressive mechanism through which injustice is portrayed in an "unjust" nation.
The only solution to Nigerian problem is if the masses could develop what Marx called"praxis or concrete action". This happens when the people realise themselves within the existing systems of their exploitation and they therefore attain class consciousness. It is only through this, that the much talked about people's revolution can occur.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD CURSE AND PUNISH THE NIGERIAN TREASURY LOOTERS
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Ayowumie(m): 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2010
pls how do u post a new topic?
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by spearman(m): 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2010
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Ranoscky(m): 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2010
May God punish d NPF for killin innocent souls, Amen sombody?
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Agibecky: 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2010
They are not above the law. But it is a pity that the law is the jackass of the rulers in our cleptocracy.

If we were in a civilized nation, majority of the members of the National Assembly would have been indicted for their electoral malpractices, because they rigged their way into the corridors of power.
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by mrofficial(m): 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2010
NO
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by UyiIredia(m): 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2010
@ Ayowumie >>> that's why the site admin put a HELP link on ur page  undecided
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by btlasisi(m): 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2010
By virtue of our writen rules i will say NO.

But let not deceive ourselves in Nigeria all political office holders are above the law or better still the law is shaped trimmed to the size of their feet meaning that they are higher than the law period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Sharonf(f): 5:00pm On Aug 25, 2010
they are the law makers. so they are above, beyond, under, in front of, on top of and outside the law.
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2010
Assembly of thieves,rogues,and thugs. .cudnt expect anything from them.useless people
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by rosejen(f): 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2010
Hopeless set of human beings, Yerima and Co. People without direction making laws for 140 million helpless humans.

Wrath of God is definitely closer than we thought.
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2010
@ANDYODIDI
YOU AN ID-I-O-T! I WONDER WHAT U R STILL DOING ALIVE WHEN U SHLD DIE AND GO TO YOUR HEAVEN! STUPID CONFUSED AND FRUSTRATED FOOL!
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Okukk(m): 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2010
no way
cry my beloved country
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Dotman01(m): 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2010
Do we have laws. . . . So the lawmakers are on their own, they make their laws and do their things. . . . SIMPLE AS THAT!!!
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Okukk(m): 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2010
@ANDYODIDI
"YOU AN ID-I-O-T! I WONDER WHAT U R STILL DOING ALIVE WHEN U SHLD DIE AND GO TO YOUR HEAVEN! silly CONFUSED AND FRUSTRATED FOOL""

@greateros
but what has he said wrong?
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by andyanders: 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2010
IS JONATHAN PRESIDENT? HE IS JUST SITTING THERE AND LOOKING. HOW CAN THESE LAW MAKERS BE DRAINING THE NATION AND NO ONE WANTS TO TALK. OBJ, WHO MADE THEM CORRUPT THROUGH THIRD TERM, CAME OUT TO SAY THAT THEY WERE CORRUPT AND NOBODY SAID ANYTHING. EFCC, STILL CANNOT SAY ANYTHING. ICPC CANNOT SAY SOMETHING. WHEN THEY DIE, WILL THEY GO WITH THE MONEY? NO., BUT WILL ACCOUNT FOR THEIR STEWARDSHIP
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by TeskyMan(m): 6:25pm On Aug 25, 2010
Okukk:

@ANDYODIDI
"YOU AN ID-I-O-T! I WONDER WHAT U R STILL DOING ALIVE WHEN U SHLD DIE AND GO TO YOUR HEAVEN! silly CONFUSED AND FRUSTRATED FOOL""

@greateros

@greateros

I don't think you have to go that far. If you are not interested in his post then [size=16pt]dont read it[/size]. I guess you are the one who is confused and frustrated based on your post and temprament. It is just a guess and please i beg of you, don't rain abuses on me.

@ poster
[size=14pt]Obviously, they are not just above the law but also sitting on the LAW. God help us.[/size]
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by ZUBBYNWA(m): 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2010
Okukk:

@ANDYODIDI

@greateros

Help me ask him, Excuse me is this ANDYODIDI from north?
Re: Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? by Beync(f): 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2010
I think they are above the law though they not supose to be.
THEY MAKE THE LAW SO HOW CAN THE LAW BE ABOVE THEM LOOTERS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Is A Bloody Thief. He Is Worse Than All Of Them / Arewa Will Never Forgive Biafra Zionist Movement! / The Reason Why Greedy Rita Lori Rejects Gov.Uduaghan's Xmas Gift.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.