Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,726 members, 7,802,188 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Is It True That Love Comes Once In A Life Time? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It True That Love Comes Once In A Life Time? (1463 Views)

Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals / Yes! It Is True That Husband And Wife Look Alike After Many Years Together / Is It True That Ladies From Broken Homes Are Not A Good Wife Material? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Love Comes Once In A Life Time? by sweetstjoy(f): 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2007
Is it true that love comes once in a life time?
Ive loved this guy for 12 yrs, right from childhood but he sees me like his sister, someone he cant hurt, someone he wants to protect and keep forever, Have you ever loved someone so dearly and he loves you so brotherly, he still sees you as his kid sister and not as a woman.
ive tried going into a relationship but ive never loved anyone the way i love this guy. Alot men are asking for my hand in marriage and im still thinking and praying about it, but i know that deep down in my heart if this guy comes tomorrow and says he wants to marry me i wont think twice. why cant i feel this way for others, it is really disturbing me cos the last time he came back, he was drawn to me and i felt the love in his actions and in his eyes, so much unspoken communication, but thats not enough for me to wait, i need committment which he hasnt voiced. i wouldnt want to get committed somewhere and break it tomorrow becos of him,
what do i do? sad undecided
Re: Is It True That Love Comes Once In A Life Time? by tinuade001(f): 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2007
I want you to answer some question before you can decide. Who is this guy to you? A brother, cousin, friend friend or just area brother? If you can answer those question you will be able to know if you can marry him or not. But note, if this guy is ur cousin, that means you cant marry him. because most of nigerian culture is not in support of that. But if you know this guy love u too and only that he doesnt want to hurt you. You can make your intention known to him or if you can use wisdom by start telling him about ur boy frien and see what his reaction will be. Dont just jump into conclusion that this guy love u. Have a nice time.
Re: Is It True That Love Comes Once In A Life Time? by user86666(m): 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2007
If he's that dear to you and has the potential to make you truly happy. . . . have you tried communication?
Good luck
Re: Is It True That Love Comes Once In A Life Time? by cuteass1(f): 11:53pm On Apr 24, 2007

@ sweetstjoy

Dear please and please speak up before its too late, please make hay while the sun shines. Now one impossible thing on earth that we all wished was possible, is reading other people's mind to know how they really felt sad

Now you've got to use the ones you have, your mouth and your heart wink Talk to him, tell him you're in love with him, you can't love another the way you love him and that he's all you want in a man wink

If he feels and wants you the same, believe me he'll be the happiest guy on earth and he'll not hesitate to make his intentions known. You see he might be feeling the same but out of fear of hurting you if you didn't feel the same might be what's holding him back. Like you said, you guys have a lot of "unsaid stuff" in the air, and its about time one of you did something before someone else does the talking which might end up reaping you of your mutual happiness together cry If you guys bear the feeling together, and somehing is not done or someone does not speak up on time, then it might lead to a future of regrets and "what ifs", darling hope you won't jeopardize your future, love and happiness like that??

If on the other hand he sees you as nothing more than a sister, then there you'll have all the closure you need to move on and open up your heart to someone else because then you know the feeling is not mutual and no point in pursuing a one-sided dream wink
Re: Is It True That Love Comes Once In A Life Time? by Jaguar1(m): 4:57pm On Apr 25, 2007
I just want to make it my bussiness repling posts today. Firstly, no sweetheart, love could come many times in a lifetime but you cannot possibly be in love with two guys/babes at the same time. There lies the issue, you are still in love with this guy so u can't love another yet.
I am in my second love relationship now so I am talking from experience. I have also been in relationships where I was loved without me loving and it wasn't fun to tell the truth. You have to either tell him and find out his reaction or forget that he ever existed. Yes! that's also doable and untill the bond b/w u two is broken, u can not love another and what is love when it is not reciprocated.
Goodluck and remeber to tell us what happened after grin
Re: Is It True That Love Comes Once In A Life Time? by sweetstjoy(f): 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2007
thanks,
ill keep you posted.
one love
Re: Is It True That Love Comes Once In A Life Time? by lucyc(f): 3:42pm On Oct 25, 2007
you have to open up to him,maybe he feels thesame way too but is afraid to hurt you.just go for it afterall we are in a generation where a woman makes the first move.good luck ciao smiley smiley
Re: Is It True That Love Comes Once In A Life Time? by almondjoy(f): 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2007
Yes! The love for yourself first and foremost! Once you miss that opportunity--you miss everything else! No hope!
Re: Is It True That Love Comes Once In A Life Time? by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 4:18am On Oct 27, 2007

I think jaguar1 said it all, but oh boy. what a beautiful feeling being in love like this. I know the feeling oh too well, with men asking for the hand in marriage, while someone else has ur heart in the palm of their hand, and dont even know it. Please fill us in with the details, because Im really hoping for the best between u 2, Life is so short, but what I've learned is, people can not read our minds, and there is no way he will know u love him like this until u open up and let him know. The only thing that was running thru my mind, is to say 2 u. please dont wait until its too late, and some other lady captures his heart,

once u know if he feels the same or not, it will definatly be a stepping stone to move forward with ur life in either direction.

love & light,

(1) (Reply)

5 Types Of Maternity Clothes You Need When You’re Pregnant / What Would You Do If A Woman Hit You? / To book a smooth dj for your parties, call 0810 0606 316

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.