Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:39 PM

Stanbic Ibtc Test - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Stanbic Ibtc Test (7606 Views)

Stanbic IBTC Test Invite / Stanbic IBTC Bank Aptitude Test. / Who Attended Stanbic Ibtc Test On Saturday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stanbic Ibtc Test by oyinjoke: 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2010
so guys who went for stanbic ibtc bank test,aw was it and when are we suposd to be called for the interview? wrote mine at 2a isaac john street, ikeja gra
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by maxxy: 3:25pm On Sep 05, 2010
I think it depends on what position you are applying for. I wrote mine with Kimberly and Ryan at Abuja on 02/09, initially scheduled for VI, Lagos, but got it rescheduled.

And was it the SHL test you wrote? That test is badddddddddddd! Anyhow sha, got a mail on Friday that I passed and should be at their Head Office on Wednesday 08/09 for interview.

All the best!!!
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by afternysc(f): 9:40pm On Sep 05, 2010
I wish you all good luck!
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by yomzee: 5:55pm On Sep 14, 2010
@ maxxy; How did the interview go?
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by Eeyore(m): 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2010
Just wrote today for experienced level at Kimberly Ryan, though I don't even remember what position I exactly applied for. The wasn't too bad, but the time limit na die.

Maxxy, please don't forget to share your interview experience with the rest of us. All the best.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by zaagaa: 7:42am On Sep 15, 2010
@ maxxy, how were u able to get the test rescheduled cos I got a mail from them for test for 14th but could not make it as I am relieving my BM who is on leave. I wrote them a mail anyway. Pls what's the test like.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by Eeyore(m): 4:56pm On Sep 16, 2010
Hellooooo house!!!! Any update
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by Eeyore(m): 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2010
Maxxy, how did your interview go?? Please share.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by Eeyore(m): 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2010
angry angry
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by maxxy: 10:37pm On Sep 26, 2010
Sorry I have been below the radar for awhile,  these Stanbic guys have kept me on the road.

zaagaa:

@ maxxy, how were u able to get the test rescheduled cos I got a mail from them for test for 14th but could not make it as I am relieving my BM who is on leave. I wrote them a mail anyway. Pls what's the test like.

I just called the guy that sent the mail that bros I cant attend that test cos am too far away and he said they have one in abj for a later date, so he rescheduled me for that one.

Eeyore:

Maxxy, how did your interview go?? Please share.

The interview fell far below my preparedness cos I ready go there, but amazingly it was more or less a discussion. Just know lots about the job you are applying for, what it entails and the kind of person it needs. Nothing bookish at all in my case. Interesting questions like how much do you want to earn also came up. It was fun sha.

Anyway, I crossed that one, and after one or two things, I can tell you that I have their offer letter inside my drawer here. I neva even go accept sef.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by UGOCHUKWU3: 9:17am On Sep 27, 2010
@Maxxy. Pls when did you seal up the process with them,after the profilling and documentation,how long did they take to get bk to you,still on a procee with them,pls find time to get bk to me,also,how is their offer,hp is enticing
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by blueiyke(m): 11:29am On Sep 27, 2010
@ maxxy

Why are you reluctant to accept the offer? Is it THAT bad
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by blak: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2010
for those that have done the test,please i would like you to give a detailed insight into how the test looks like and what to expect for those of us going for the test soon.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by Eeyore(m): 8:22pm On Sep 28, 2010
@ maxxy

Why are you reluctant to accept the offer? Is it THAT bad
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by Eeyore(m): 5:34pm On Sep 29, 2010
?
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by cconcept: 4:45pm On Sep 30, 2010
please anyone with information on their test?
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by Eeyore(m): 8:25pm On Oct 05, 2010
maxxy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do tell, why were you reluctant to accept Stanbic IBTC's offer?? Was it that poor
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by oseniwale(m): 9:56am On Oct 06, 2010
@maxxy,
was their remuneration so bad? kindly tell house to know what to do!
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by silvasurfa(m): 10:24am On Oct 06, 2010
oseni, maxxy already posted a thread in the careers section that he has accepted the offer.
have you done the interviews?
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by Eeyore(m): 11:18am On Oct 06, 2010
Oseni & Silvasurfa

Are you guys for entry level or experienced cadre??
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by oseniwale(m): 11:28am On Oct 06, 2010
@Maxxy
Entry level.Thanks for your quick response.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by oseniwale(m): 11:30am On Oct 06, 2010
@Eeyore, I am for entry level not experienced cadre!
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by silvasurfa(m): 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2010
@ Eeyore
Its for experienced level.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by Eeyore(m): 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2010
I'm for experienced level too. Did the aptitude test last month and passed. Still awaiting the interview invitation.

silvasurfa, what's your status?? Done the test or interview yet??
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by silvasurfa(m): 5:53pm On Oct 06, 2010
@ Eeyore,we're on d same page.
stl waiting to b invited 4 interviews.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by Eeyore(m): 6:08pm On Oct 06, 2010
Now, that's interesting. We have to collabo on this oo, or what do you think??
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by GoldCircle: 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2010
I understand that there is a new development as there is now a mild restriction on employment due to lower profits posted by the bank. this explains why they are considering cutting jobs in London and South Africa.

I'll advise the experienced guys to steer clear for now if you currently have a job.

Check out details in todays punch newspapers. Page 20.

cheers,
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by GoldCircle: 6:13pm On Oct 06, 2010
http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20101006-708021.html

That's the same article on the Wall Street Journal today!
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by GoldCircle: 6:25pm On Oct 06, 2010
I understand some folks had even undergone interview and are were merely awaiting their letters of employment before the Nigerian office got this directive from their parent company. Well, I guess you'll still have to give thanks to God. Maybe they would have been applying the LIFO FIFO (Last In, First Out; First In, Last Out)principle now like Oceanic did recently.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by Akinsomiro: 7:23pm On Oct 06, 2010
Pls can I still apply for this job
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Test by Eeyore(m): 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2010
South Africa‘s Standard Bank said it was likely to cut jobs, with an emphasis on managers and executives in Johannesburg and London, as it looks to cut costs due to lower revenue.
Africa‘s largest bank by assets said in an e-mailed statement on Tuesday that revenue pressure would ”probably continue” during 2011 and that it was looking to cut staff in ”head office environments.”
Banks in Africa‘s largest economy have struggled as high unemployment and household debt levels have blunted demand for loans and hurt corporate spending.
Standard Bank, according to Reuters on Tuesday, reported a nine per cent rise in first-half profit in August, helped by a decline in bad loans. However, net interest income and non-lending revenue, the two most important earnings measures for a commercial bank, both declined.
The bank said in the statement that it was reviewing its costs, including staff costs.
”This review is likely to lead to retrenchments at all levels, with emphasis on managers and executives within the various ‘head office‘ environments, particularly Johannesburg and London.”
The bank did not say how much of its 50,000 staff it intended to cut.
Standard Bank has recently hired some high-profile bankers from competitors, including the head of Africa transaction banking at Standard Chartered.
Standard Bank‘s chief executive, Jacko Maree, told Reuters last month the lender was in ”hiring mode” for skilled bankers, and aimed to double its Nigerian branch network this year.
Standard Bank, which is 20 per cent owned by Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, is looking to position itself as a full-service gateway t Africa

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201010060562218

(1) (2) (Reply)

80+ Interview Questions And Modelled Answers,;a Must Have / 5 Tips To Help You Overcome Job Interview Anxiety / Access Bank Plc Latest Job Recruitment (3 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.