Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! (4749 Views)

Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 12:33am On Aug 28, 2010
33 Chilean miners have been trapped half mile into the ground when the mine they were working in collapsed on August 5th. A huge rock that blocked the mine made it impossible for them to come out leaving their only chance at survival to the drilling of that rock which according to experts will take close to four months to drill. This is merely the report of the experts and not that of God, I beseech all of us to join force and pray and fast(even if it is a 2 hours fast) for them so that God who has been kind enough to sustain them for three weeks now can save them through the traumatic ordeal. The country of Chile and its people are doing a great job in helping them in ways they can, you can read it through the links below. It's heartbreaking to imagine these men in that situation. God is a waymaker, may he make a way for these men through the rocks, underneath the earth, God can miraculously make another way other than that rock. May he cause their rescue to happen sooner than the experts predicted in Jesus name we all pray, Amen, Amen, Alleluiah.

http://www.csmonitor.com/From-the-news-wires/2010/0826/Chilean-miners-told-of-long-wait-for-rescue

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/08/26/chile.miners/index.html?hpt=C2#fbid=NkoZu1TLXaL&wom=false

I forgot to add that while we are at it that we can also pray that succour may come to the many that were rendered homeless by flood in Pakistan.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by MUZBO(m): 5:49am On Aug 28, 2010
Fast even for 2 hrs??!! R u joking or something? How does that work, tell me! The miners r even lucky to be alive, may God see them thru.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by daylae(m): 8:07am On Aug 28, 2010
I pray God be with them,and bring them out. . .people have been showing very much concern everywhere,and the best we can all do is to pray for them so that all efforts of saving them be successful,cus they really need a miracle.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Zodiac61(m): 12:23am On Aug 29, 2010
Instead of praying, why don't we just let the experts do their jobs and bring the miners out safely?
Why did god allow them to get trapped in the first place?
If we have to wait for god to act, well, let's just say that their families will never see their loved ones alive again.
Two hands working are far more effective that a thousand hands clasped in prayer.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by mazaje(m): 12:37am On Aug 29, 2010
Apart from mythical writings and urban legends, since when has fasting and prayer ever saved miners trapped under the earth? If payer and fasting truly works when then are people mobilizing resources to rescue the trapped miners? why isn't every body fasting and praying alone?. . . . .I wish the people luck and hope they come out alive, good and capable hands is what the need not some prayers and fasting that has never done anything on its own. . . . . .
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Dolemite(f): 3:59am On Aug 29, 2010
Fast and pray first for the 159 million Nigerians trapped in Nigeria suffering from poverty. . .
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Mudley313: 12:39pm On Aug 29, 2010
a combination of starvation and fervent blabbering to an imaginary friend will be of not a single help to those trapped miners in far away chile
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 2:03am On Sep 28, 2010
It is to the glory of God that positive news are emerging on the above said miners. Heartrending details of their life underground and their courageous struggle to stay alive is indeed heartwarming. A hole bored to reach them has been successful and the experts in charge of that are at the verge of widening the diameter of the hole to be able to let them out. Other plans termed plan B are being made towards their rescue through another hole, let us still remember them in our prayers even as God is doing great things, providing for them and assisting their govt in their great effort to sustain them with various types of medicaland psychological support. Glory be to God that their rescue is looking promising and nearer than experts declared before, somebody shout alleluiah! Alleluia! Everybody make some noise for the Lord!! gvjgfkahfgrjgjtr;gklsjfkjeghjgejfghnbhjdbjjhbjhjjhjhkhjkhcfgxgfxfgxchgvjhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjccccccccccccccccchdfnfhgjkl;;k'kljlgfhgdcxhfbghjkljhgfxdzxfghjkhgfdcvbgh

You can read up more stuffs about them below
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1312611/Trapped-Chilean-miners-freed-TWO-months-early.html
http://www.voanews.com/english/news/New-Bore-Hole-Reaches-Trapped-Chilean-Miners-103174169.html
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/lt_chile_mine_collapse
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 2:07am On Oct 01, 2010
While we are at it let us all pray for our country Nigeria that is at the brink of chaos that God will touch the hearts of of some of our hardened youths and turn around our nation for Good. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Somebody please say Amen!
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by alaper: 3:02am On Oct 01, 2010
While prayer may move mountains, but I think dynamite will work better! grin grin grin
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2010
Let us glorify God with the Chileans as they achieved a breakthrough in the digging of that rescue hole which reached the miners today. There are great challenges ahead but May God who started this good work be faithful to complete it and bring relief to the families of these miners when they are finally rescued in a week or half. Glory be to God, somebody shout Alleluiah. Read up more on these and please do pray for them even if it is simply a statement of"God deliver these miners" Alleluiah.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101009/ap_on_bi_ge/lt_chile_mine_collapse
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by alaper: 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2010
Ivynwa:

Let us glorify God with the Chileans as they achieved a breakthrough in the digging of that rescue hole which reached the miners today. There are great challenges ahead but May God who started this good work be faithful to complete it and bring relief to the families of these miners when they are finally rescued in a week or half. Glory be to God, somebody shout Alleluiah. Read up more on these and please do pray for them even if it is simply a statement of"God deliver these miners" Alleluiah.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101009/ap_on_bi_ge/lt_chile_mine_collapse
If you want us to glorify god for the rescue, I think you should first ask us to issue a query to this God for allowing them to be trapped in the first place embarassed embarassed embarassed He should have known before the accident that they were going to be trapped And he did nothing to prevent it?? embarassed embarassed or he could not see the future??(meaning he is not omniscient tongue) Or he saw it coming but was unable to do anything?? (meaning he is not omnipotent??) Or he could prevent it, but refused to do so?? (meaning he deliberately wanted them to suffer??) Heads or tails, this your God is no God!! tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 3:12am On Oct 10, 2010
@Alaper and Mudley329(whatever)
The verse of the Bible that came to my mind on reading your posts is 1 samuel Ch 17 vs 26 where David on being old about the taunts of Goliath asked "Who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God"?

HOW DARE YOU TWO TALK DOWN ON GOD LIKE THAT? I pity you two and pray you don't rekindle his anger on you because I don't wish that on you. Our lives are in God's hands, he gives, he nourishes, he takes, he blesses who he chooses. He has his reasons for so doing. I do not blame you because you can only think like the humans you are as you simply can't figure him out as written in Isaiah 55:8-9: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts
I can only leave you guys with these verses below to ponder on, always remember that He is an "AWESOME God" just as he is "UNFATHOMABLE"

Isaiah 43:11-13. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

Isaiah 40:21-25:Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth? It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers;[b] that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in. That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.Yea, they shall not be planted; yea, they shall not be sown: yea, their stock shall not take root in the earth: and he shall also blow upon them, and they shall wither, and the whirlwind shall take them away as stubble.
TO WHOM THEN WILL YOU LIKEN ME, OR SHALL I BE EQUAL? [/b]saith the Holy One.

Now Roger that!
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by alaper: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2010
Ivynwa:

@Alaper and Mudley329(whatever)
The verse of the Bible that came to my mind on reading your posts is 1 samuel Ch 17 vs 26 where David on being old about the taunts of Goliath asked "Who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God"?

HOW DARE YOU TWO TALK DOWN ON GOD LIKE THAT? I pity you two and pray you don't rekindle his anger on you because I don't wish that on you. Our lives are in God's hands, he gives, he nourishes, he takes, he blesses who he chooses. He has his reasons for so doing. I do not blame you because you can only think like the humans you are as you simply can't figure him out as written in Isaiah 55:8-9: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts
I can only leave you guys with these verses below to ponder on, always remember that He is an "AWEOME God" just as he is "UNFATHOMABLE"

Isaiah 43:11-13. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

Isaiah 40:21-25:Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth? It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers;[b] that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in. That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.Yea, they shall not be planted; yea, they shall not be sown: yea, their stock shall not take root in the earth: and he shall also blow upon them, and they shall wither, and the whirlwind shall take them away as stubble.
TO WHOM THEN WILL YOU LIKEN ME, OR SHALL I BE EQUAL? [/b]saith the Holy One.

Now Roger that!

It seems this your God likes to boast! cool cool cool Is he trying to frighten or impress us? Can you send a message to him that I am not impressed!! cool cool You chaps seem to have his GSM no.! cheesy As for Isaiah, the man must be hallucinating or he must have inhaled some smoke from some burning bush grin grin grin grin
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by ngozianu(m): 3:32pm On Oct 10, 2010
a lot of people coming to this forum have no biz here,if lazarus can be raised from death,33 miners is moi moi for God
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 12:58am On Oct 11, 2010
@Ngozianu
Sweetheart pay them no mind okay. I even think that the two screen names and posts are from one person but I have no time for him.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Mudley313: 10:20am On Oct 11, 2010
Ivynwa:

@Ngozianu
Sweetheart pay them no mind okay. I even think that the two screen names and posts are from one person but I have no time for him.

you can think whatever you want but truth is your god has entirely nothing to do with the now almost successful and painstaking efforts of hardworking rescue workers to free the mine workers. it will do you alot of good if you can channel all that energy from all that starvation fasting and aimless blabberings prayers to physically and practically doing things, instead of relying on a your imaginary friend in the sky, and maybe you'd personally be as successful as the rescue efforts in chile
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by alaper: 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2010
If you want to move mountains, use dynamite, not prayers grin grin grin
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2010
Updates! Updates!
Our rescue hole has been test run by passing in the rescue capsule through it 4 times and it proved good. All bless the Lord as the world calmly await for the rescue in 2 days time. Alleluiah Somebody!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101011/ap_on_bi_ge/lt_chile_mine_collapse
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by VALIDATOR: 8:19am On Oct 12, 2010
Technology is bringing them out of the pit. Not fasting and prayer.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Mudley313: 1:07pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ivynwa:

Updates! Updates!
Our rescue hole has been test run by passing in the rescue capsule through it 4 times and it proved good. All bless the Lord as the world calmly await for the rescue in 2 days time. Alleluiah Somebody!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101011/ap_on_bi_ge/lt_chile_mine_collapse

i read the yahoo news link in your post and no where in it was the rescue effort attributed to your imaginary jewish god, so pls stop with the unnecessary misinformation. alleuiah ni, alleluyah ko
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2010
All I am wishing for you sweethearts is that God in his infinite mercy will wreak a little miracle somewhere in your life that will have you nodding your head and saying "There really is God". Who made the miners? Who made Technology? Who gave the rescuers the intelligence and abilities? God my dears, God. Job in job13 vs 15 said that if he slay me, I will still trust in him. Even if all is not well around me and things are not going as I expected them and friends like you are mocking me and my God. I will trust in him. I know that my redeemer liveth. Somebody shout Alleluiah!

Point of correction, Babyboy, He is no jewish god, he is the God of all nations, the mighty  God, the everlasting father, the prince of peace, the God of all generations, the God of all races, the God of me and you. I refuse to say the God above all other gods, you know why, I hate it when people begin to compare God to some gods. He is uncomparable and don't try to define him as jewish because there just isn't enough words to define him. Thanks sweetie.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Mudley313: 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ivynwa:

All I am wishing for you sweethearts is that God in his infinite mercy will wreak a little miracle somewhere in your life that will have you nodding your head and saying "There really is God". Who made the miners? Who made Technology? Who gave the rescuers the intelligence and abilities? God my dears, God.

which god? the jewish yahweh? the arabian allah? the greek's zeus? or the yoruba god oduduwa?

Job in job13 vs 15 said that if he slay me, I will still trust in him. Even if all is not well around me and things are not going as I expected them and friends like you are mocking me and my God. I will trust in him. I know that my redeemer liveth. Somebody shout Alleluiah!

oh please. more drivel from the inconsistent book of jewish folklores and myths. quit quoting fairytales and attributing the tenacity of the rescue workers to your non-existent god. many in nigeria fervently believe and trust in him/her/it but still live under $1 per day while hardworking folks elsewhere who dont have to rely on an invisible man in the sky are making constant progress
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2010
I see where your anger is coming from dearie, prayers changes situations. Let's keep praying for all and things will change. Don't lose your hope and quit believing sweetheart. It's going to be well for us all.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 2:25am On Oct 13, 2010
Countdown! As we all await with much trepidation. It's all going to begin in less than an hour. Please say a prayer for them as you read. Thanks

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/chile-mine-rescue-father-of-two-is-first-to-be-freed/story-e6freuy9-1225937941947?from=public_rss

@Rhino
I don't insult people and never insulted anybody
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Rhino3dm: 2:32am On Oct 13, 2010
^^ never said you did. It was meant for image123.
Btw who is gonna take the credit for rescueing the miner? No offence intended please.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 3:12am On Oct 13, 2010
Rhino what matters to me right now is not who the credit is going to but the safe trip of these men. I am watching the tv now and bbc is showing a paramedic being sent down the hole and I feel like shouting at them "why send in another human being when we are all in nerves for the 33 in there to come out?" People let's pray and pray please.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 3:24am On Oct 13, 2010
And the paramedics is being descended in, I am in tears and singing praises. Sing Alleluiah Amen-----------glory be to God , Oh sing Alleluiah Amen.
God of miracle you are our father-------oooh
He delivered Paul and Silas (3x), the lord that delivered Paul and Silas------he will surely deliver them. Deliver them--------he will surely deliver them. He will surely deliver them. The lord that delivered Paul and Silas he will surely deliver them-------he will surely deliver them (Ivy sings on and on)
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 3:40am On Oct 13, 2010
Oh my God---------it's wonderful, the capsule just arrived into the mine and my boys are all embracing the paramedic/mining expert that went in. Oh my God. Finally the Lord has done it---------Finally the lord has done it---finally the lord has done it.
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 3:58am On Oct 13, 2010
Alleluiah, the first miner is on his way up, Everybody make some noise for the Lord. Glory to God. Yes! Yes! Yes! My Boys are coming out---- Alleluiah!
Take glory father, take glory son-------take glory holy ghost now and forever more, Praise God Alleluiah, praise God, Amen. Praise God Alleluia----praise God ,Amen
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by mubaraqqq(f): 4:14am On Oct 13, 2010
yes yes, the first one has come out
Re: Declaration Of Fasting And Praying For The 33 Miners Trapped In Chile! by Ivynwa(f): 4:18am On Oct 13, 2010
Make some noise people----the first miner Florencio is out and  giving everybody tearful hugs. Alleluiah
I should get some sleep so i can go to work tommorrow----now somebody tell me how I am going to sleep. I need to see all my boys transported up. I am so excited, Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

NEVER FORGET THIS
THE HUMAN MIND CAN ACHIEVE ANYTHING ONCE IT SETS IT'S MIND ON IT!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues: Is It Real Language Or Garrulous Babble? / 5 Things Christians Do Now And Don't Consider It Sin Anymore. / More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.