Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,728 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin (8807 Views)

My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? / Help- He Slept With His Cousin Sister / He Impregnated His Cousin (advice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by Yoba(f): 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2007
Hello friends, I hope u can be of great help to me by advising me religiously on this issue.

I once met a guy who introduced me as his cousin to both his male & female friends. Initially I didn't take this seriously but when girls started flocking round him and adressing me as his cousin I felt I should let him know I'm not comfortable with the 'cousin' stuff but he just waved it off saying it doesn't really matter.  One of his male friends who he introduced me to as his cousin started asking me out but I told him his friend wasn't my cousin and that I love him. Out of jealousy, he started feeding his friend with lies about me. He told him I've slept with him and that we were dating.  My love now felt I was cheap to have slept with his friend behind his back so he started dating someone else. All attempts to tell him that I had nothing to do with his friend proved abortive.  Right now he is out of the country.  I do call him atimes but he seems not to be interested in me any longer. The truth is that I still love this guy and hard as I tried, I haven't been able to love someone else for over 2 years now.

Please advise me on what to do.
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2007
Not sure why you would wanna stay around someone who is obviously ashamed to out right call you his "girlfriend"

You deserve better than that you know. Let him and his dumb friends do whatever they wish. let him go. He obviously didnt care for you much in the first place.
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by femi6(m): 7:15pm On Apr 24, 2007
Yoba:

Hello friends, I hope u can be of great help to me by advising me religiously on this issue.

I once met a guy who introduced me as his cousin to both his male & female friends. Initially I didn't take this seriously but when girls started flocking round him and adressing me as his cousin I felt I should let him know I'm not comfortable with the 'cousin' stuff but he just waved it off saying it doesn't really matter.  

what in the hell could make a guy to introduce his girlfriend as his cousin. this is the question that pops into ma head but i got the answer

Yoba:

One of his male friends who he introduced me to as his cousin started asking me out but I told him his friend wasn't my cousin and that I love him. Out of jealousy, he started feeding his friend with lies about me. He told him I've slept with him and that we were dating.  My love now felt I was cheap to have slept with his friend behind his back so he started dating someone else. All attempts to tell him that I had nothing to do with his friend proved abortive.  

i never think this guy ever loved you.  

Yoba:

Right now he is out of the country.  I do call him atimes but he seems not to be interested in me any longer. The truth is that I still love this guy and hard as I tried, I haven't been able to love someone else for over 2 years now.

what a great oppurtunity to break up with you

Yoba:

the only advise from me is let go of the past and move on with ur life

1 Like

Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2007
wouldnt be surprised if he used his "friend" to say all that crap to you as a way to exit the relationship.
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by femi6(m): 7:23pm On Apr 24, 2007
maybe he never found any fault in her so he then decide to use his "friends" as an exit
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by adeboo(f): 7:58pm On Apr 24, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Not sure why you would want to stay around someone who is obviously ashamed to out right call you his "girlfriend"

You deserve better than that you know. Let him and his dumb friends do whatever they wish. let him go. He obviously didnt care for you much in the first place.

I am so with my guy on this one.
If he aint proud to say he is with ya then you should be too proud to be with him.
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:12pm On Apr 24, 2007
I be guy now?  tongue
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by fatliar(m): 11:41pm On Apr 24, 2007
r u sure u didnt sleep with his friend
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:57pm On Apr 24, 2007
yes she obviously slept with him and then totally forgot about it

*rolls eyes* ibeere oshi.
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by Yoba(f): 2:33pm On Apr 25, 2007
Thiefofhearts, that was too harsh, If I actually slept with his friend I wouldn't have found the legs to still go back and tell him I didn't. See dear, love is a thing of the heart, it works alongside the physical body. I can't sleep with a guy I don't love. Once my heart doesn't yearn for you, my body can't either. I'm not loose to that extent. So sleeping with his friend is out of the matter. cry cry cry
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by Beline(f): 2:55pm On Apr 25, 2007
My fiance introduces me to all his friends as his last born and his wife to be, since yours is a bit different from mine, i will advice you to forget about him because he is not yours, and you should not waste your time and energy for a guy who does not deserve you
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2007
Yoba, I think my sarcasm was lost on you. undecided

If anything i was kinda defending you against fatliar since he was pretty much implying that you did sleep with the friend.

Dont know if you understand Yoruba but what I said was "very stupid question"
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by Aduks(f): 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2007
Yoba, please for goodness sake forget about this guy, he never loved you and he is never going to love u, for cryout loud you knew and u are still seeking for advice, pls stop reasoning and acting with emotions, act with & reason with ur brain that is when you can enjoy the life, don't let anybody toss u up & down hmn. Love is reciprocal, if u r not getting it in return pls save it for that handsome guy waiting for you to work accros his path. okay?
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by jgirl3: 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2007
Abomination!

From gf to cousin, girl - you should have gotten the hint and just left him for someone who would be proud of you. Yeah I know it's not easy but when you love someone who isn't proud to show you off as his girlfriend, there is a big, big problem. He's not shy, he's just leaving his options open for other girls to come in.
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 25, 2007
aahhhh , if he introduced you as his cousin then obviously you dont mean that much to him,

damn!! thats major disrespect right thrrr
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by tasiana(m): 5:30pm On Apr 25, 2007
O ma she ooooo cry cry cry
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by Yoba(f): 6:32pm On Apr 25, 2007
Thiefofhearts dear, I'm very sorry, that message was actually meant for Fatlair not you. It was a mistake. So Fatlair take note angry. Guys in the house, I have not heard from you or is it because a fellow guy is involved here? I need your opinion. sad
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by DewDrop(f): 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2007
[center]
Yoba, This will just echo what all above have said or alluded to.
The guy introduced you as his cousin and your position never increased?
You never even became the 'friend'
I would suggest really looking at the 'relationship'
Be honest within yourself about what it was and what it wasn't
cool
[/center]
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by IBBFan(m): 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2007
which naija girl wants to hear a guy travelled out and won't want to hang on the cliff of 3rd mainland for him? greener pastures means brighter future.

i don't know how old you are, but i wouldn't want to sound rude cos i'm in a happy mood. Liverpool is going to win Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. cheesy but do you need a fairy to tell you that you're not for him? see, it's people like you that make guys stick to the game and keep their playa jerseys hanging on the wall of fame. as far as i'm concerned, to him, you were "just another Bleep". if you wait another 2 years, then i'd recommend LUTH to check if you've got a tumor in your brain.

don't mind me. i've got love for my naija queens! kiss
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by adeboo(f): 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2007
Am so sorry oleofhearts (thiefofhearts).

Well if he introduces you as his cousin then u should do the same and see how he reacts
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by DewDrop(f): 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2007
[center]Dang IBB
That's harsh-
I just hope the sacarsm isn't lost on her.
cool

p.s. the introduction as his cousin was like errr 3/4 years ago[/center]
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by Sisimama(f): 7:22pm On Apr 25, 2007
IBB Fan:

which naija girl wants to hear a guy travelled out and won't want to hang on the cliff of 3rd mainland for him? greener pastures means brighter future.

i don't know how old you are, but i wouldn't want to sound rude because i'm in a happy mood. Liverpool is going to win Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. cheesy but do you need a fairy to tell you that you're not for him? see, it's people like you that make guys stick to the game and keep their playa jerseys hanging on the wall of fame. as far as i'm concerned, to him, you were "just another Bleep". if you wait another 2 years, then i'd recommend LUTH to check if you've got a tumor in your brain.

don't mind me. i've got love for my naija queens! kiss
See you life grin grin grin what does soccer have to do with this issue shocked shocked shocked
Any Chelsea for life and we are winning today game kiss kiss, keep hating angry angry angry
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by DewDrop(f): 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2007
[center]Soccer/ Football- same difference , right?

Grrr @ Chelsea fans.

undecided angry grin cool[/center]
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by IBBFan(m): 7:31pm On Apr 25, 2007
@Sisi
make sure you have your Blue towel to wipe soak your tears with at the end of the game.

@dewunmi
i just had to pour out my mind one way or the other. wink

@adeboo
the way i see it, she was the one always running to him (even when he never called). the kind of girl whose friends just know she has a boyfriend, but no idea of what he looks like. lipsrsealed
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by adeboo(f): 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2007
@adeboo
the way i see it, she was the one always running to him (even when he never called). the kind of girl whose friends just know she has a boyfriend, but no idea of what he looks like. lipsrsealed
[quote][/quote]

Rite, i really understand now.

I remember when i was like that - oh boy do i remember
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by laudate: 9:07pm On Apr 25, 2007
Na God I take beg you, please if you have any dignity left in you as a woman, forget this guy.

He has nothing 'good' planned for you. He is only eating his cake with you & having it. Or is it the other way round? A guy who loves you will want to show you off to his friends & family. He will even be giving you 'close marking', like they say in football, not introducing you as a cousin. Which kind yeye non-existent family tie be dat?

Please next time he comes to you, act like he doesn't exist. And walk away with your head held high. Thank God for showing you the guy's true colours, early enough.
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by IBBFan(m): 10:15pm On Apr 25, 2007
@adeboo
care to share? pleassssssssse!!! *on left knee* kiss

@laudate
you should read posts very well and know how to direct your advice. this guy has been out for naija for a long while now and he's never happy when she calls his phone.
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by fatliar(m): 1:05am On Apr 26, 2007
hmmm thief ole dont crucify me i was only asking a question
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by spoilt(f): 4:41am On Apr 26, 2007
he wont even acknowledge you and you are still botherering with him?
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:29am On Apr 26, 2007
Why you wasting your useful time, get the handwritten on the wall angry. HE IS NO MORE INTERESTED. MOVE ON AND STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY IN CALLING HIM. its very obvious he never cared for you from the start, is that so hard for you to understand?
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by biozy(m): 8:34am On Apr 26, 2007
the guy is a P.I.M.P. i hope u hav not slept wit him,u said he is out of the country and seemed not interested anymore,baby! wait for next best boyfriend and forget about him.finito
Re: My Love Introduced Me As His Cousin by nigerbobo(m): 8:42am On Apr 26, 2007
Am sorry Ladies, but this is exactly why some guys refer to ladies as 'chicken brains'. no pun intended.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wicked Boyfriend Post Picture Of His Girlfriend Sleeping Online / The Top 10 Signs That Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / Nearly Half Of Women In Relationships Have A Back-up Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.