Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? (12936 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Women And Regret: When There Marry Someone Thinking He Is Rich(photo) / Would You Marry A Girl You Don't Love Out Of Pity After Dating Her For 10 Years? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by ojelede: 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2007
Would you marry a man or woman out of pity probably because you have stayed too long together or you know the relationship is not working out well and you don't want to break her heart. Will you marry that person?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by kellorah: 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2007
hell no

where is the love??
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by bunmii(f): 9:39pm On Apr 24, 2007
no don't marry anyone you don't love , what if after the marriage you fall in love with another girl? what re you goin to do? divorce her or cheat on her either way u will end up being the "bad one" in the relationship so my advice is break up with her when you can before you have other priorities like kids.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by kike001(f): 12:10pm On Apr 25, 2007
try not to lie to urself marriage is a a big things just tell him/ her can u really live with that person ve their kids if u cant then NO
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by Shentz(f): 9:33pm On Apr 25, 2007
Nah not me because to try and divorce is another thing
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by prosper(m): 11:23pm On Apr 25, 2007
I think there could be more complicated cases than that. Not just living together and feeling pity.

Let me think out a fictitious scenario, Lets say you lived together and on the road because of your reckless driving, there was an accident and the person got some disability that will definitely mar the chances of getting some one else to marry.
What would you do ?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by Ndipe(m): 2:33am On Apr 26, 2007
Love, not pity should be the prevailing factor in deciding your decision to marry.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:26am On Apr 26, 2007
why would i do that, what of the long run. undecided
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by otokx(m): 6:33am On Apr 26, 2007
I won't even have a girl friend out of pity then talk of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by prosper(m): 7:07am On Apr 26, 2007
People never wish these things on themselves.
Those who have often just find themselves there,
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by 2dye4(m): 7:26am On Apr 26, 2007
helllll no! why go that far with a wrong decision, if its not working out, pull out! just let the lady down easy now, its beta than making her future hard. Period.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by Lush: 7:47am On Apr 26, 2007
, so that years down the line you'll beating yourself up about not marrying the person you fell in love with. Unless one is very tolerable person, who wont complain, i'm totally not for it! You'll just keep envying your friends & colleagues who'll be married to their sweethearts while you'll be managing the one you married out of pity embarassed
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by DewDrop(f): 7:50am On Apr 26, 2007
[center]Marry out of pity? No!
But you said "you have stayed too long together" and "don't wanna break her heart"
How long were you together?
If you've been together since the age of 17 and you're now 35-

Yeap. You gotta marry her! grin

I'm curious why you would stay together so long if there was no love?
And why would you want to do the same with your marriage?till death do you part?

Nah, It'd be a mistake to marry without love.
(Unless maybe if she's pregnant or already had babies for you- you know our culture embarassed)
cool [/center]
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by jidody(m): 7:57am On Apr 26, 2007
No. Marriage is a lifetime affair. It wouldn't stand on pity.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by biozy(m): 8:00am On Apr 26, 2007
a friend of mine had this lady for 3 years and they discovered that they were both AS. they couldnot pity themselves.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by viee(f): 9:30am On Apr 26, 2007
not so sure, but then you can never tell.

wonders they say, is forever

hope i dont have to though
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by richylaw(m): 9:31am On Apr 26, 2007
Marrying out of pity is never the best, the real Love has to prevail. A lot of people had been brain-washed to take this wrong step.
Let me share a scenario with you
There is this lady who lost her track due to a distant relationship problem, she was lured into a new one when it was even less than 3 months to her wedding with the original guy.
When  she was asked why she just messed up things and why wouldn't she consider her staying with the old guy who is now ready to marry her ? She said this new guy lost a lady two years ago to another man and he's been so down till he met her  now she wouldn't want to break his heart as well( PITY OF COURSE)   even though she still loves the other guy.
Never you try that , marry in love not in pity, the aftermath of a wrong descision is always, sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by nikynike(f): 9:46am On Apr 26, 2007
no lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by moondust(m): 9:47am On Apr 26, 2007
what?,  and be miserable  d rest of my life? no can do!!!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by sketch18(m): 9:57am On Apr 26, 2007
PITY? Hello NO NOOOO you will be marrying for the wrong reasons! Never lower your self just to please some one else! cause you will never be happy!

Gods time is the Best.

He doesnt work  towards our time but his own

Good luck   smiley

sketch
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by mekoyo(m): 10:44am On Apr 26, 2007
No I wont. And i'll advise you not to marry someone out of pity.

Marriage is a sacred thing, you dont jump into it anyhow. Love and Trust are the main ingredients of marriage.

My answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by 9ja4eva: 10:47am On Apr 26, 2007
No i wont cos i need happiness.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by tasiana(m): 10:54am On Apr 26, 2007
courtship is good,long courtship not too good,very long courtship baaad, it kills the flavour cos humans get bored easily, Never marry out of pity but, If u truly dnt want to hurt her,try and rekindle that which made u fall in love wth her in the 1st place, and dnt 4get Okafor's theory wink
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by Beline(f): 11:19am On Apr 26, 2007
Jamias (never)
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by opuro(m): 11:51am On Apr 26, 2007
to me u should marry her WHY? cos it seems u 've understood  the babe. and there is no such thing as love. I dont believe in it but I believe in understanding. any marriage u see that last is build on understanding not love.
  if u leave her and marry another babe the same thing will happen when una don do the thing too much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by Gheorghe(m): 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2007
if u manage to marry based on pity, i wonder how u will feel when divorce shows its face cos i don't see the marriage lasting
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by elainemia(f): 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2007
Please do not marry out of pity, get married to someone you understand and who understands you too, someone you know you can live with and be happy, you musn't necessarily love her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by babaibadan(m): 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2007
No angry
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by Pain(m): 2:35pm On Apr 26, 2007
No Id Rather Pity Someone Out Of Marriage.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by prosper(m): 4:06pm On Apr 26, 2007
elaine mia:

Please do not marry out of pity, get married to someone you understand and who understands you too, someone you know you can live with and be happy, you musn't necessarily love her.

Explain yourslelf please,
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by carlwinans: 4:24pm On Apr 26, 2007
Are you mad?why on earth would you marry someone you dont love,
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? by luvlymoi(f): 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2007
nope, thats the worst thing u can do to urself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Just Doesn't Want To Bond And Grow With Me / Should Bride Price Be Abolished? / Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.