Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. (2205 Views)

Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better / 8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time / Nigerian Films Are Now Becoming What You Can't Watch With Your Family These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by ochugex303(m): 12:34pm On Jan 13, 2006
Nigerian films stories are always the same, but with different names, from the beginning you can tell what will end the film. This is very bad, no suspence at all, it's either the girl's father those not like her boyfriend, then he sends thugs to beat the guy, then later he approves the friendship, always the same story. So let them try and act something different, this is the 21st century!!!
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by spikelord(m): 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2006
You are right man....... A literature-in-English student will tell you that the films are comedies.
They always want people to laugh and make a cry of joy at the end of those movies. I have never seen much Tragedic movies in Nollywood. A film that'll be like Gladiator[sighs] I have never seen such an interesting movie like that one.
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by bitch(f): 10:46am On Jan 16, 2006
i know all their film are always the some sh!t all the time, i'm sick of nigeria movies i don't even watch it no more.
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by babwilms(m): 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2006
Its only the english home videos that are of the same story most of the time. But the yoruba movies those not fit into this category and i could mention aa lot of yoruba movies that are different in all ways and brings out suspense and sighs of u. I will name few of them.

(ti oluwa ni ile, OKO, AYE JOBELE, ILE, ORI, OWO BLOW) A LOT MORE. Thats why the yoruba home videos are much prefered to the english ones
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by Hotstepper(f): 4:37am On Feb 26, 2006
hmmm i think itz changing now though so i haven seen quite sum dat r way dif, itz names dat they will be running out of soon tongue,
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by Free(f): 2:42am On Mar 02, 2006
actually now i can predict the ending of their movies the moment it starts
dats how bad it is wink
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by afrobeat: 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2006
babwilms:

Its only the english home videos that are of the same story most of the time. But the yoruba movies those not fit into this category and i could mention aa lot of yoruba movies that are different in all ways and brings out suspense and sighs of u. I will name few of them.

(ti oluwa ni ile, OKO, AYE JOBELE, ILE, ORI, OWO BLOW) A LOT MORE. Thats why the yoruba home videos are much prefered to the english ones

I totally agree with you on this point

I think that those of us who only watch the English language movies are missing out on a lot of good Nigerian movies. I have heard that the Yoruba movies can be pretty good
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by Oracle(m): 3:59am On Jul 12, 2006
ITZ ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE.
Nigeria produces movies on a large scale these days, do you expect them to give you the same thing from every movie?
NO WAY

Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by grafikdon: 1:16am On Jan 22, 2007
Same way 'Nigerians' are a bunch of scammers and Nigeria is the 'scam capital' of the world, . abi?
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by kobe(m): 11:03am On Jan 22, 2007
@Thread Starter
same stories, Naaaaaah(I feel you though, you can say that about some of 'em)! but the films are insanely predictable to the extent that it is almost disheartening. Someone posted about a film that'll make him/her cry, I'll ask that he/she check out Iru Esin(Horse's Tail) but it is in Yoruba - Umm I can't think of one in English that I can recommend sorrz.
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by Emad(f): 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2007
well i would not say they are the same story all the time, i do think they are repetitive and pathetically preditable, they leave nothing to the imagination which takes all the excitment away from the film
sometimes u want to watch a film till the end because u are curious , but niaja films do not give u the chance to be curious
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by cutieexx(f): 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2007
una self wink . ha ha!! grin grin why una still they watch dem then if una say they no get suspense abi na intrigue una dey talk about? they way u guys say it, it seems like we are talking about some of those ghanian movies that are just terrible undecided.
feel me now? grin
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by Free(f): 4:32am On Feb 05, 2007
yawns

next!!
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by cutieexx(f): 6:22pm On Feb 05, 2007
u dey craze grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by Sisikill: 12:09am On Sep 16, 2008
@ Topic
Bwahahaha! Tell me about it. grin
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by dsgirl: 8:10pm On Dec 17, 2010
Its funny when i see comments on Nigerian Films. I know we all can predict Nigerian films but i can also predict American and Indian films too grin
seriously, there are some good Nigerian films and some yeye American films too. Let's just appreciate what we have and give our support when necessary so that we can move forward.
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by tpia1: 7:05am On Dec 18, 2010
is there a nollywood version of a christmas carol.

i've watched at least three or so different ones over the past few days and wondered if nigeria had anything along that line.
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by ekusman(m): 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2010
What are you doing to help change this ugly trend? find a way of helping out instead of complaining. no offense please!
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by sandoka(m): 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2010
We need to appreciate the works of our producers and directors in Nollywood business. Not all movies have the same storyline. I bet nollywood movies have improved tremendously.
To know what good movies to watch out for always check this blog that posts new movies with quality production @ www.sandokamovies..com

Our producers have shifted base from naija to Ghana cos of piracy and movies produced in Ghana like 4 can play, Royalty and so on have beaten those produced in Nigeria hands down. Just check the blog and see what i mean.
Re: Nigerian Films Are Always The Same Story. by playmate(f): 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2010
its not all that bad, they are getting better
i watched reloaded and i was quite impressed,

(1) (Reply)

Worst Actresses; Actors That Cannot Act / Nollywood Comes To American Cinemas, Thanks To Snapflix / Bbnaija 2019 Starts Today, Check Out The Timetable, TV Channels, General Plans..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.