Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Front-end Rattling Noise Emanating From The Suspension - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Front-end Rattling Noise Emanating From The Suspension (4209 Views)

Help! My 2005 Toyota Camry Has A Rattling Noise On Starting It. / Engine Rattling Sound / Rattling Sound On My Camry With 2AZFE Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Front-end Rattling Noise Emanating From The Suspension by nnamdi04: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2010
A friend has a tiny light camry le with a front-end rattling noise emanating from the suspension. Please what could be the problem?
Re: Front-end Rattling Noise Emanating From The Suspension by baba4u93(m): 8:25am On Aug 30, 2010
ask ur mechanic 2 chek d linkage and the brake pads
Re: Front-end Rattling Noise Emanating From The Suspension by nnamdi04: 8:44am On Aug 30, 2010
@baba4u93
thanks for your response.
The linkage and the brake pad have already been replaced but the noise didnt stop. what about the arm bushings? do you think it could be responsible?
Re: Front-end Rattling Noise Emanating From The Suspension by baba4u93(m): 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2010
please what is d brand of the vehicle and year, beside dat was it when moving or when u try 2 apply brakes dat u hear dis unpleasant noise, more also was it when u run into bumps or pot hole, these are things i need 2 knw b4 we can say dis is d issue but will b of help anytime or call me on 08032016668
Re: Front-end Rattling Noise Emanating From The Suspension by baba4u93(m): 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2010
just read ur post again sorry 2 ask about the year of the car and brand
Re: Front-end Rattling Noise Emanating From The Suspension by nnamdi04: 9:21am On Sep 01, 2010
1999 Toyota Camry
Re: Front-end Rattling Noise Emanating From The Suspension by baba4u93(m): 5:57am On Sep 03, 2010
can u bring it 2 my office in alausa ikeja
and let me check on it
Re: Front-end Rattling Noise Emanating From The Suspension by seal777(m): 11:45am On Sep 03, 2010
I also use a Camry 99 V6.

Let me suggest you ask your mechanic to tighten up the upper end of your suspension from inside the bonnet, will be better if he can do same to the four legs.

Most mechanics tighten up the shock while on jack but do not realize that the pressure reduces while the car is off the jack thus allowing for clearance within the legs. Don’t go to the extreme yet, Try it and get back to me for further suggestions
Re: Front-end Rattling Noise Emanating From The Suspension by seunallday: 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2010
hey, i use the same car and i used to have the same problem until my mechanic changed the linkage,arm brushings, make sure you get a good mechanic to check it out otherwise they will just keep collecting money to replace stuff and the noise will just continue.
Re: Front-end Rattling Noise Emanating From The Suspension by chelseabmw(m): 10:39pm On Sep 04, 2010
smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of This Steering Wheel? [PHOTO] / Please, I Need Help On My Honda Odyssey / Mymoto Blog: Car A/C Maintenance Tips...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.