Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (197228 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2011
Joagbaje:

@jesoul
I just want it to be on record that I complained officially because the other time i mentioned this, you claimed I never complained.
I did not 'claim' anything. I simply asked you to provide the links/posts where you complained directly to me/the mods and we ignored you - which you could not do. Complaining on random threads which we do not see does not count.

Now that said, I have said to you in the past that we will do a better job of watching your back and making sure topics/posts don't descend into personal attacks. Whether or not people don't like your viewpoints is certainly not reason for anyone to harass you & break the rules - and we will address it when it is brought to our attention.

You guys made rules ,and this rules are to create atmosphere of sanity. A poster is supposed to focus on topic and not on an individual. As long as you are passive about such, the site will get messy. How can you call harassment freedom of speech?. So what are the rules for?
As I said to Kunle - it is a very very thin line between 'freedom of expression' vs 'personal attack', seperating the viewpoint from the person is often very tricky and if you spend time in other sections you will realize this very quickly. So from here on, please post direct links to threads/posts/posters that you feel are attacking you and we will act accordingly - pls no general complaints without direct links. Kunle is a gentleman, and I'm sure he will adjust accordingly. Thanks and please don't hesitate to post/complain here at any time. Mods are here for all posters.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by aletheia(m): 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2011
^I find it surprising that Jo does not complain about post #132 (where he is called a cretin) the one just preceding post #133 (where Kunle's language is actually quite measured). Seems to me some personal animus here.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2011
^Aletheia, be kiaful oh . . . joagbaje is my best friend! cheesy He complained about kunle because its been an 'ongoing' thing from my understanding. We all need to try to do a better job of being cordial with even those we fiercely disagree with.

Kunle, as a sign of good faith & no bad belle, would you be willing to patronize joagbaje's excellent artwork? smiley http://www.redbubble.com/people/joeagbaje me I'm getting my own very soon.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by PastorKun(m): 10:25am On Nov 16, 2011
^^^
If Joagbaje would just concentrate on his art work and leave issues of the gospel he has little or no understanding of I am sure he would be a much more successful artist. One thing is certain though, he is definitely a talented artist.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Malstrom(m): 10:25pm On Nov 21, 2011
It would be very nice if there could be subgroups within this section so that its easier to find what u search, like one subgroup "Islam" one "Christianity" one "African traditional belief", maybe more. Its very difficult to if you want to find threads about other faiths than Islam and Christianity,
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 22, 2011
Can tbaba1234 please stop posting solely ISLAM articles in the Christian / General section.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-808534.0.html and https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-807871.0.html are just a few.

Otherwise we might as well start posting Christian articles in the Muslim section.

Thank You.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by tbaba1234: 1:48am On Nov 22, 2011
First of all, my articles are for everyone. Muslim and non-muslim.

If people post ignorant articles about islam on the general page then i should be able to post articles that bring about a better understanding amongst religious groups.

Thanks.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Joagbaje(m): 8:22am On Nov 22, 2011
frosbel:

Can tbaba1234 please stop posting solely ISLAM articles in the Christian / General section.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-808534.0.html and https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-807871.0.html are just a few.

Otherwise we might as well start posting Christian articles in the Muslim section.

Thank You.

He is claiming its a general section. I think solution is for us to have an exclusive christian section. I move a motion for a christian section . If there is a section for molsem there should be a section for Christians
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2011
^and until we have a 'christian only' section we're all just going to have to learn to play nice together.

Frosbel thanks for the heads up.

Tbaba, while you're right that it is a general section, Islam-related topics generally go in the Islam section - with the subjective exception of when the topic is meant for the public. The mods will make that determination whenever any islam-related topic is posted. That said, I moved 2 of your topics that to me belong in the islam section - that's the double-edged sword of muslims asking for & getting their own space.

Feel free to post other threads in this section. Thanks and happy posting.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by tbaba1234: 8:38pm On Nov 22, 2011
JeSoul:

^and until we have a 'christian only' section we're all just going to have to learn to play nice together.

Frosbel thanks for the heads up.

Tbaba, while you're right that it is a general section, Islam-related topics generally go in the Islam section - with the subjective exception of when the topic is meant for the public. The mods will make that determination whenever any islam-related topic is posted. That said, I moved 2 of your topics that to me belong in the islam section - that's the double-edged sword of muslims asking for & getting their own space.

Feel free to post other threads in this section. Thanks and happy posting.
Why would you remove this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-807871.0.html that deals with general life issues which affects everyone from the general section and maintain threads that spread misinformation about islam

like https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-809184.0.html ,https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-801408.0.html, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-808431.0.html, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-808389.0.html and so many more.

It looks like double standards to me. What subjective criterion do you use to determine if it isnt useful for the general public?

Please have a second look at the thread and its contents.

Thanks.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2011
The subjective criterion is the mods own personal judgement.

Your thread is a muslim topic - and by that very definition belongs in the muslim section - period, baseline, standard. Again, this is part of double-egded sword of having a muslim section. We occasionally leave a few topics here if such a topic overwhelming appeals to the general public - and the general public does not mind.

We've recently received complaints - not just from Frosbel - about muslim topics in the general section so our allowing the occasional topic to remain is not without some disagreement. Your other topic https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-802617.0.html is clearly one that appeals to the general public and they have participated happily with no objections which is why we would leave it here.

As for the other threads you posted - the mods do not see every single thread that is opened. We respond as we see them & when a complaint is made. I honestly hadn't even previously seen those other topics you posted - some of which were opened just yesterday. I will take appropriate action. Its up to the members to bring things to our attention that we miss - and we will miss things. I hope this answers your questions? thanks.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by tbaba1234: 12:50am On Nov 23, 2011
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2011
You're more than welcome my brother. Thanks for those links, I will take a look at them. And feel free in the future to contact us with any questions, comments or complaints.

Godbless.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by mukina2: 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2011
JeSoul:

^Aletheia, be kiaful oh . . . joagbaje is my best friend! cheesy He complained about kunle because its been an 'ongoing' thing from my understanding. We all need to try to do a better job of being cordial with even those we fiercely disagree with.

Kunle, as a sign of good faith & no bad belle, would you be willing to patronize joagbaje's excellent artwork? smiley http://www.redbubble.com/people/joeagbaje me I'm getting my own very soon.

amebo carry me me go view joagbaje's artwork , just one word 'wow' smiley
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by baksonlee: 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2011
Please can we have this tread on the front page.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-802617.0.html
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2011
thnks moderator mmw. will nominate the 3rd person shortly
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Jasiel(f): 9:01am On Dec 04, 2011
Why must tpia@ always insult others for goodness sake. If he found the topic uninteresting why didn't he just move on… he just called me a nitwit. honestly I didn't and don't appreciate it.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by tpia5: 9:02am On Dec 04, 2011
hiss.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Jasiel(f): 9:05am On Dec 04, 2011
Bad belle
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 11:01am On Dec 04, 2011
Jasiel:

Whyq must tpia@ always insult others for goodness sake. If he found the topic uninteresting why didn't he just move on… he just called me a nitwit. honestly I didn't and don't appreciate it.
she has been banned at least four times for insulting other members and thIs must be her fifth I.D. If it happens again and you find it very offensive just leave us a link here and we'll look into it ok wink
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Jasiel(f): 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2011
Manmustwac thank u jare. I liked ur thread on atheist quotes. Some had me musing for a while
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by chrisj2000(m): 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2011
thanks moderator
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 2:11pm On Dec 09, 2011
Jasiel:

Manmustwac thank u jare. I liked your thread on atheist quotes. Some had me musing for a while
your welcome
chrisj2000:

I want to delete all my posts on Nairaland, is that possible?
But why do you want to delete all your posts Well go to your last posts in your profile section then delete them all manually from there but you'll have to leave a ' or the word deleted in each post and you can't delete posts where you have been quoted by another nail member.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by God2man(m): 7:28am On Dec 14, 2011
@ moderators, if that is what chrisj200 wants, could you please delete his last post on the testimony thread, now. His last post on the testimony thread is not welcome. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by chrisj2000(m): 10:55am On Dec 14, 2011
thanks moderator
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Okijajuju1(m): 11:03am On Dec 14, 2011
Mods!!

Mods!!

Mods!!

Hmmmmmm!! angry
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2011
God2man:

@ moderators, if that is what chrisj200 wants, could you please delete his last post on the testimony thread, now. His last post on the testimony thread is not welcome. God bless you. God2man.
just did it
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by chrisj2000(m): 2:03am On Dec 15, 2011
thanks moderator
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by God2man(m): 5:24am On Dec 15, 2011
Moderators,could you pls. Delete the last post on the testimony thread by Chrsj2000. It is an anti-testimony reply. Thanks for the last one you deleted. I pray for you, good and great testimony will not depart from your life. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by God2man(m): 5:28am On Dec 15, 2011
@chrsj2000, i understand you perfectly. You can't stop God. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by chrisj2000(m): 10:03am On Dec 15, 2011
thanks moderator.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Joagbaje(m): 10:03am On Dec 16, 2011
^^^
If you don't believe in God ,what are you doing in. Religious section. Could it be that you believe but you're just angry at some unanswered questions in your life?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (296)

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.